Estella

By avi_paralleluniverse

15 year old Estella never expected her to flip upside down in a span of few weeks . The unexpected death of... More

Prologue
Charactacter's Aesthetics
Authors Note
Introduction
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
Author's Note [ Please Read ]

21

2.1K 73 10
By avi_paralleluniverse

ESTELLA'S POV

Whenever i used to look at other families, celebrating all the emotions together, i used to feel how strange it was for them to

Get angry at a person you love

Fight with a person you care for

Yell at someone for getting hurt

Hug or kiss them even when you were furious

As a young child the concept of human emotions was very very complicated to me. No matter how hard i tried, i never truly understood them.

As long as i remember the people at the orphanage always made us act like the perfect kids, someone who parents would like to adopt.

To see people caring for their kids even when they misbehave ?

To speak softly to them even when they tore their pants from the fall ?

I always thought it must be for the show. To make believe that they were the perfect family.

She saw how the people at the orphanage used to act so lovingly and caring whenever someone from outside came but the moment they left, the true monsters used to come out. Just like the one she read in her schoolbooks, the monster who loved to steal the smiles of young children for they were too evil to let the young innocent souls be free and happy.

 She hated those monsters vehemently. How they used to smirk so devilishly and call them in their sickeningly sweet loving voice only to leave permanent scars where no one will ever notice. 

She hated how those monsters who were supposed to protect those unfortunate little souls and give them the happiness the world failed to provide, took pleasure in the cries of the little children when the little kids nothing more than to disappear forever and never face those monsters ever again.

So she made herself act just like what someone would like in their child.

A child who won't complain

A child who wont throw tantrums

A child who wont cry

A child who will always be well behaved

And along the way she imprisoned her emotions inside the walls of indifference so high that she herself forgot how to feel them

When the books in the school library talked about the characters emotions i realized some people are lucky to witness the raw and pure emotions of human nature. I realized not everyone was not like the people at the orphanage or like my foster parents who only cared about their gains without worrying about the damage they did to the other person in their conquest of their selfish desires and greed.

I loved how the characters were free from the society and let their emotions free. I loved to know their fear , happiness, sadness , vulnerability and everything. It was so easy for them , imaginations on paper to feel so freely, the talent of the author to make the readers feel the emotions of someone fictional, when we fail to feel our own emotions freely let alone sympathies with others.

The books gave wings to my imagination in building a world where i was happy .

To have people who will not be scared to show real emotions in front of them.

Just the imagination to have someone who will not conceal their emotions from her, made her feel happy.

To have a family, to feel the emotion of being belonged, not just a nobody who could be shifted anywhere where the authorities deemed it fit.

But as the time passed , she believed her dream to be only a dream and not something that gained the stroke of reality.

For her never keeping any expectations is better than the pain of disappointment

.

.

.

.

.

But now looking at her brothers arguing about what movie to play, she is not so sure anymore if her dream of a family is far fetched anymore.

Ever since her return from the hospital, all of her brothers have been constantly hovering over her all the time.  They have been constantly making sure that she is comfortable. Special meal plans has been made for her, when she a little complaint about everybody in the family started to follow the same meal plan.

Whenever it is the time for her medicine one of the them would come to her and give her the medicine themselves. 

Apart from Rhysand's absence, she hasn't been left alone for more than two hours during the day.

She was sure that the news of her pregnancy will definitely make them run for the hills but they proved her wrong. Robert , Leonardo and Cyrus has been so careful and attentive towards her ever since they got to know about her pregnancy. Where she expected disgust and anger all she received was love and care.

The past week has been nothing but filled with the constant care and affection from her family. She can feel it that they genuinely love her but there is a nagging feeling in her mind that stops her from crumbling her walls down

She is not sure anymore how she should react them. The rest of the brothers don't know about her pregnancy. Their behavior is a dead giveaway with how much they live tease her and mess with her and the constant scolding they get from Leonardo for their mischief.

She is afraid how will her younger brothers react to their teenage sister being pregnant? She doesn't even want to think about it. If they reacted badly , it'll definite hurt her because she had grown significantly closer to the twins

 They are always around her whenever they are not school.

No matter how much she convinced herself that her family's opinion and behavior won't hurt her, the more time she spends time with them the more she is growing dependent and attached to them.

They are way too kind and living towards her. How can one stay away from people who have nothing but genuine affection and love ?

" Let's watch Avengers " Liam spoke excitedly

" We have watched that movie for at least a dozen times " Noah whispered to Estella, who was seated between Liam and Noah for their daily movie in the theater room.

Estella chuckled at him , already being to used to them having completely opposite choices all the time.

" I have only watched it two times, i can definitely re-watch it " she spoke enjoying the annoyed expression of Noah's face.

" So it's done ! Avengers it is then " Liam exclaimed excitedly and played it on the screen.

Estella always find it amusing how the kind and adorable Liam is obsessed with action and scientific fiction ( sci fic ) where the always aloof and cool Noah is obsessed with rom coms, though he will never admit it.

She always like to think some part of their personalities got mixed up.

The movie started playing and Noah groaned loudly and placed a cushion on his face making Liam to glare at him.

The only person Liam actually gets angry at is none other than his own twin, who somehow always mange to tile up the always cheery and happy Liam .

Estella shook her head at them already being used to their behavior and focused on the movie playing on the screen. She wasn't lying when she said she will watch it , the movie was interesting and completely different from the movies that were occasionally played at their orphanage.

A bowl of caramel popcorn was passed on her lap , which she started to munch on quickly earning chuckles from the twins.

 She can't get angry on them either , they are the one who are always bringing her weird food combinations for her cravings because her eldest two brothers not only make her eat all the healthy food but will even call the doctors to check with them if any if weird food cravings can be harmful for her or baby. As if peanut butter and pickle can hurt anyone. Their over protectiveness and over the top worry has started to annoy her. If they think she did not notice them checking on her multiple times during the night, they are way too stupid.

And the worst is Leonardo , who should be ambassador of  " HOW TO ANNOY YOUR PREGNANT SISTER BECAUSE YOU ARE WAY TOO WORRIED ABOUT HER" because the man can make the word protectiveness run for the hills with the way he act.

To prove her point , the said man entered the room with a bowl of fruits and replaced her popcorn with it making Estella groan and glare at her eldest brother who walked away just as swiftly as he entered but she did not miss the amusement on his face. She is convinced he certainly enjoy making her grumpy. The twins laughed out loud at this. 

Estella humphed and started nibbling on the fruits keeping her focus on the movie.

When it was the time for interval a chocolate bar appeared in her front of her , she looked at Noah who winked at her playfully and forwarded it towards her.  

Estella gleefully took the chocolate and started eating it after thanking Noah. 

During some part of the movie she laid her head on Noah's shoulder who supported her with his arm around her shoulder and kissed her head . 

Estella smiled with a knowing feeling in her heart that maybe she had finally found the family of her dreams.

Hope you all enjoy this Chapter....  A tad bit short on details i know .... I am trying to improve it trust me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 75 11
15 Years It's been 15 years since The Costa's last saw their son. 15 years since his so called mother kidnapped him. 15 years since they have been se...
1.4M 37.3K 68
~ongoing~ ~unedited~ After eleven year old Parker is faced with her stepfather's death, she has to move in with her five older brothers. Her newly...
9.1K 307 45
The hearing of her husband's cheating sends Abella Ferrari into a state of destitution. Anger and shock cover her into a thick blanket causing her de...
6.3M 163K 101
Carlotta Angela Vasiliev is a 17 year old girl living with her adoptive Russian mafia family of 4 brothers and father. Ever since she was a child, sh...