unOrdinary | Vigilante

By aloxic

John's mother, Jane, is a God-tier patient at NXGen, seeming to be the basis of current ability and most if n... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Days Revisited
Chapter 2 - Vigilante
Chapter 3 - New Arrivals
Chapter 4 - Who?
Chapter 5 - Doctor
Chapter 7 - John

Chapter 6 - What

75 4 2
By aloxic

Blyke struggles to get up, sore, but not in unbearable pain.

"Hang on. I'll go take a look around."

Tap tap tap

Walking to the door, he reaches for the handle.

SLAM

However, it opens for him, without him even touching it, right in his face.

"OOF!"

"Oops, sorry."

"Who the f–?"

"Oh good. You guys are awake! I brought food."

Blyke and Remi jump, eyes widened, bewildered.

"Sera-phina?!"

"DOC'S - PLACE?!?"

"Didn't he quit because he never wanted to see us again?"

"Yeah. He and my sister are dating. They're both working in the other room. Best not to bother them though. Doc's in a bad mood."

Finally breaking saying the same thing at the same time, Blyke speaks up, surprised.

"I didn't know you had a sister..."

"Seraphina, what are you doing here? Why aren't you at school?"

Sera sighs, and closes the door behind her so as to not bother the two adults with another loud outburst.

"The authorities found out that I've been working with Spectre... and they're after me. So I'm hiding out here until I can find a safe place to stay."

Blyke and Remi look at one another, thinking the same thing, before looking back to Sera.

"That's why she's been absent lately!"

"Please keep this a secret. If word gets out, they might come after you too."

"Of course."

Blyke looks to Remi, who nods in agreement. Remi looks to Sera, who looked confused about something.

"I didn't expect to see you two show up with Kayden. How do you know him?"

"Huh? Someone must've contacted him for us."

"One of your vigilante friends? I assume EMBER got to you? Your injuries looked really serious."

Blyke ponders for a moment before answering.

"Damn it... last thing I remember... we had Brims in the bag... But then a second one showed up and knocked me out... Shit... I should've paid more attention. I dragged you guys down."

Remi looks down at the bed.

"No... I shouldn't have jumped in like that. It's just... When I saw Brims using my brother's ability like that... using his lightning to murder people... It hurt so much... I– I couldn't control myself! All I wanted to do was go in there... and put an end to it! I'm sorry for acting out like that."

Blyke pats Remi on the back, consoling her. Sera waits a moment before speaking.

"Hey don't let it get to you... We made it out okay."

"...I see. So they managed to successfully convert "Lightning" too."

"You know?"

"Yeah, I read the file on it. Authorities have been trying to convert a handful of powerful abilities. I should've guessed they were getting them from vigilantes."

Blyke recalls something, and Remi racks through her brain to keep remembering things about the previous night.

"That EMBER guy, Brims... was using at least two abilities simultaneously. We were thinking how much it reminded us of John. And the other one with him from the start, Glacier? They both had claws combined with a different ability."

"From what I've read... Authorities are sourcing the conversion tech from a woman named Jane."

"Jane...?"

"That's right... And now, I'm certain... that Jane is John's mother."

Bottles of medicine scatter across the dining table.

Doc pours another bottle into a test tube, scowling. Leilah works across the table on her laptop.

"My girlfriend and three teens... living in my one-bedroom apartment... Not exactly the life I pictured for myself."

"Aw...it's only for a few days."

"Hmph."

"So, the package they brought with them... They're ability amplifiers, you said?"

"Yeah, this isn't the first time I've seen it. Blyke was caught with it before... when he had a vigilante phase. Guess he's at it again! Back at Wellston... Vaughn asked me to take a look at it."

"Didn't you study this back in university?"

"It's not part of my job description..."

"But I refused because I didn't want any part in it."

"But now you do?"

"Well, I figured if it really has ability-altering properties... it might be helpful to Sera and John's recovery."

"Wow! That's brilliant, Darren!"

Leilah's face beams with pride, a smile across her face. In turn, Darren's scowl disappears. For the time being at least.

Tap tap tap tap

The 3 kids emerge from the bedroom, Blyke and Remi approaching Doc in the front.

"H-hey Doc! Long time no see... H-How've you been?"

"Tsk!"

Leilah gets out of her chair, while Doc stays back, sulking.

"Glad to see you both awake! I'm Leilah! It's a pleasure to meet you!"

"Hi! I'm Remi!"

Blyke stays in a trance while Remi introduces herself, in awe.

"She's stunning!! ... Hoho ~ Nice catch, Doc!"

Sending Doc some thumbs-up with a naughty grin, Doc's face turns even darker and angrier. Somehow.

"You better not be checking out my girlfriend, twerp!"

"Back to your shitty old vigilante habits, I see!"

"U-UH! ... D-Doc, we can explain!"

"Nah, save it! Everyone at Wellston's doing some type of illegal shit! Glad I got outta there!"

Remi and Blyke laugh nervously, with Sera right behind, deadpan.

"But aren't you housing a fugitive?"

They all think. Leilah approaches the 3.

"How are you two feeling? Must've been a tough night."

"We're fine now, thanks to you and Doc! Sorry for the troubl– ACK!"

Pain surges through Remi's left shoulder, the injury still raw. Leilah looks worried for the two.

"You don't sound so fine to me..."

"The pain flares up every now and then... But don't worry. We'll be out of your way soon–"

"Not on my watch."

Doc steps in, pissed, per usual.

"My policy hasn't changed. You're not going anywhere until you're healthy! UNDERSTOOD?"

"Ahh..."

"Uh, Yessir!"

Isen and Alvy awake on top of a roof, using duffel bags and hoodies as pillows.

Cal can be seen with Kuyo, already awake looking around. Kuyo walks over to Isen as he sees him waking up.

"Isen, it's day, they can't be looking for us out in the open now. I can escort you back to Wellston if you'd like, or to the Chem-Wiz Kayden brought the other two to."

"Mm... uhh... give me a second, I'm still fuckin asleep."

"Holy shit that bag smells. All the blood smells terrible."

Cal walks to the two, signing 'Good morning', and then walking over to Alvy, kicking him awake.

"AHH, SHIT, WHY?"

Isen looks at the two, then back to Kuyo.

"What the hell, I'm glad he didn't wake me up like that."

"Isen, what'll it be, I'm tired."

"Uhh, preferably to a bed where I can sleep, so dorms first."

"Let me text Kayden."

"Kayden, I need you to take Isen over to Wellston. We should be in the clear now."

"..."

"What?"

"No."

"What do you mean, 'no'?"

"It's daytime, he can walk. I ain't a cab for you lot, and you still haven't explained jackshit."

"Fine. I'll let him know. I'll fill you in later."

"Also I need to study. I missed out on all of last night and this morning. I'll send you the address tho."

"I already know where it is. :thumbsup:"

"Alright, Kayden's a no-go, so I'll be escorting you."

"The fuck? I'm not a child, I can go myself.."

"No way in hell am I letting you go by yourself after last night."

"Ugh."

Isen droops his arms in dismay, but puts on a hoodie and gets ready to go.

Alvy, grumpy but awake, walks over to the two.

"Yo, Kuyo, Cal wants to take Isen, make sure they'll alright and such."

"No, I can take him."

"He says you're exhausted anyways, and that he wants to meet the others, and he can only do that if he sticks to Isen. If trust is the issue that's fine, but otherwise he wants to take him. I for one also want to meet the others, Cal isn't usually interested in other vigilantes' personal lives, just making sure they're not dead."

Kuyo's memories flash back to the previous night, and seeing Cal stand over 4 unconscious juiced criminals.

"No, trust isn't the issue, neither is strength, I just don't know how kindly they'll take to strangers. Also, Vaughn should still be admin there, and I don't think he'll allow that."

"... Aren't you also a stranger to most of them? And Isen can just say we're friends staying for the night."

"Point taken... Alright, I accept the offer. Go ahead. I'll send you the address."

Isen darts his eyes to the both of them.

"Sorry, do I not get a say in this??"

Both of them shake their heads.

"Absolutely not."

"Damn, okay. Can't have shit in Lovun, I guess."

Cal offers his hand to Kuyo, whose eyes widen in surprise.

"Uh, yeah. Nice working with you. I still don't know who you are, though."

Cal shakes hands with him, and then turns to Isen, giving him a thumbs-up, questioning if he approves. Isen notices, and gives a thumbs-up back.

"Oh, no, it's fine, I think once I rest up I can get Blyke and Remi to introduce you. At least one of them cares if I approve!"

unOrdinary | Vigilante

1521 Words

Bonus.

Feel free to support me and get the next Chapter a week early on Patreon!

https://www.patreon.com/1Fenixx1

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 10.9K 57
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...
244K 651 73
Daily kinky pictures
35.9K 755 12
In This Season, Things Get Odder And Crazier! As BroZone Dives Deeper Into Their School Lives, Along With Their New Friends GalZone, They Get Engage...
475K 17.7K 69
Reincarnated Series #01 Isabelle loves reading books, especially novels. One time, she read a famous novel called 'Grow Old with You'. Isabelle was...