The Hidden Crown: A Royal Mas...

By Wise_Cloud

A princess from a Kingdom of both darkness and light, named: Luminaar. And a prince from the strongest kingdo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Chapter 4

73 3 82
By Wise_Cloud

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺: "𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙺𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚍𝚘𝚖 𝚘𝚏 𝙻𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐."

"WHAT?!"

The King of Luminaar looked at his daughter in slight shock.

The two were seen in Garmadon's office, "(Y/N)...Are-Are you sure...?"

The princess smiled with a nod, "Yes, Father! If possible, I'd like to prepare to leave as soon as possible!" She held a determined face.

Her father looked like the life from his very body left him, "I see...Then I'll tell your uncle about the preparations of your luggage and get the carriage ready..."

(Y/N) jumped in joy, "Yes! Thank you very much, father! I'll come back in about 4 days!" She smiled before skipping off to tell her good news to her brother.

Misako saw her daughter and smiled, "Well, it seemed that someone was happy about their trip," she softly chuckled before seeing the King, Garmadon look like a ghost.

"But it seems not everyone is sharing the same enthusiasm..." The Queen mutterred when seeing Garmadon look haggard.

"She's gonna leave...She's leaving...She's leaving...She's leaving..." Garmadon muttered in depression.

Wu entered the office to offer his brother tea but gave him a deadpanned look, "Goodness...It only took him a few moments before it all went south..." The advisor walked up to the king.

"You look miserable, brother. It's shameful to act like that as king," Wu slightly lectured his sibling who only slowly craned his neck toward the man.

The said King only stared back with a dead gaze, "She's leaving for good...I've been a bad father...I failed her..."

Wu had enough and hit Garmadon on the head, "Fool! She's only going away for 4 days! Get a grip of yourself!"

"OW!"

Misako only laughed at the two's antics before calming down, "Wu's right. They won't be gone forever. I'm sure having to explore more of the Ninjago realm will make our daughter and son more capable of being the future queen and king of Luminaar in their time."

"But my daughter...! My son can go with her no? What if she...-OW!" Garmadon was hit by his brother again, "Stop being so paranoid! It's bad for health! Have more faith in your children, Your Majesty. Lloyd cannot go since he has training!"

The advisor only sighed, "I will get the carriage ready as soon as possible," Wu left to prepare for the departure of his niece while Misako tried fanning Garmadon since he was passing out again.

~~~

Lloyd smiled when hearing of the news, "Really?! What wonderful news, elder sister! You deserve to see the world as you wish!" He gave a small pout, "I'm saddened we couldn't spend it together as we promised long ago..."

The blonde prince's sister only held his cheek, "Your training is important too you know, Lloyd. I don't want my younger brother becoming sluggish."

"Haha! You are right! Next time, I'll surely clear up my schedule to go with you!" Lloyd smiled brightly, hugging his sister before she had to go tell her maids what to pack for her trip.

If you are wondering what Kingdom the princess wanted to visit first, it is...

"The Kingdom of Stormride?!"

Cole, AKA Rock Boy was seen meeting with the princess of Luminaar the moment it became night.

(Y/N) gave a nod, "Yes, have you heard of it? It sounds like such a nice Kingdom by what the King and Queen say about their son, Prince Jay! He encouraged me to visit their kingdom because of the thunder amulet they gave me! I want to see if the thunderclouds over there like me."

While the princess was rambling, Cole was seen comically shrinking away at the mention of (Y/N) going to a kingdom that was not his first. But also at the OTHER end of Ninjago.

"I see...You seem quite pleased with your decision..." He mumbled, his words being almost incoherent if the princess wasn't paying close attention.

Luminaar's crown princess grinned, "I am! I can't wait! I'm leaving tomorrow in the morning!"

That information got the Prince of Corendor to almost give his soul to the First Spinjitzu Master.

'She's leaving tomorrow!?! That's so early and sudden!!' Cole thought in his head, 'How am I supposed to get to know her more if I can't even communicate with her in the next few days?!'

(Y/N) waved her hand in front of the masked male, "Uh, Rocky? Hello?"

Rock Boy flinched at her calling out to him, "O-Oh! Y-Yes?"

"You've been spacing out since I've told you about my trip. Is something going on that I don't know of?" Her sudden suspicion made Cole stagger.

The hidden prince shook his head, "No, I'm fine. It's just you leaving that just surprised me is all."

The princess hummed before taking out the figurine he gave her, "That's-" Cole was surprised she still held onto it.

"We may have only known each other for a few days since my party, but I feel like I've known you for years! I carry your will wherever I go! Like you're at Stormridge with me! I'll always remember you," (Y/N) smiled softly at the masked man.

Cole felt his heart almost burst again at her words, 'How can this woman...be so beautiful and caring...? How is she letting me of all people see her like this, she's a goddess...I'm nothing compared to her...'

The Prince of Corendor smiled under his mask, the wrinkles near his eyes showing the sign that he was smiling, "I'm glad you will still hold a memory of me with you at all times, Your Highness."

"Of course, you were the first friend I've had in a while," She chuckled before yawning, "I better get to bed soon...I need to wake up early to get to Stormridge before dusk."

"Right," Cole gave a nod and bid her goodnight, "Sleep well, princess."

"You too, Rocky Boy!" (Y/N) waved at him before seeing the male jump off the window so she could close it.

'Sometimes I ask myself...How did I end up being friends with someone I barely know who keeps their face a secret?' She thought to herself before drifting to sleep, 'Well, it's not like he's some prince from the strongest kingdom in Ninjago.'

~~~

"Geo! Prepare the carriage to head to Stormridge tomorrow before dusk!" Cole ordered his advisor who shrieked at him since was about to go to sleep.

"GAH?! What?! Who?! You?! Huh...?" Geo looked at the prince for a moment, "Oh, Your Highness...Welcome back from your night conversation with the princess. How did it go?"

"Good," Cole replied as the maids took off his garments so he could change into his nightwear, "So you want me to prepare a carriage to Stormridge, is that it?" Geo asked tiredly, yawning.

The prince hummed, "Yes, for tomorrow, please. We need to arrive before dusk," Cole started to walk to his chambers as his advisor took note of the order, "Got it...Tomorrow before dusk..."

"Wait a second..." Geo looked at the prince for a second before pondering on what he had just repeated and what he heard, "Huh...Wait..."

"WHAT?!?!?!"

"A carriage prepared in such little time is impossible to accomplish, Your Highness! it is the middle of the night and you want me to prepare a week-long trip in a carriage before tomorrow at dusk?!" Geo was yelling at the younger male, throwing a bunch of items at him.

"Careful! Some of these belonged to my grandmother!"

"May she rest easy when I deal with your absurd thinking!"

"Shush! My father could've heard you yelling from here! The maids and butlers as well!"

"There were already some maids helping you out of your outfit from before, no!? Just accept punishment!!"

(The next morning brought to you by cake!)

Geo was seen haggard from not being able to sleep well since he had "extra" work to do. Cole on the other hand seemed cheerful, he was even humming to himself on their way to Stormridge.

"Well," the prince's advisor sat across from the royal, "It seems someone is quite happy today!~" Geo's smile seemed forced as he glared at Corendor's prince.

Cole steered away from Geo's glare, "Y-Yeah..." The prince tried his best not to look at the advisor but it was proving to be difficult, 'He's as mean as my father sometimes...'

The advisor only sighed, "So? You decided to follow the princess instead of requesting a meeting with her?" Cole flinched when Geo saw right through him.

"H-How did you-"

"It's easy to figure it out since you've been rambling about the princess daily around me."

The Prince of Corendor flinched again, "Gah...! You found out..." he mumbled, still looking away.

Geo only glanced at the prince, "Y'know there's something you could do to win over the princess."

The raven-haired male perked up at the Munce's suggestion, "Realy?! What?"

With a nonchalant face, he replied, "Communication."

"Huh?" Cole was confused, "What do you mean...?"

Geo threw an object at his head, "What do I mean by 'communication'?! I meant to talk to her in person!! Get to know her without a stupid alias that will eventually ruin your relationship with her!!"

"OW! Stop abusing me!!"

"It's not punishment! It's a lesson! Take it with dignity as a prince!"

The Munce only huffed, crossing his arms while mumbling, 'Maybe I should buy him his favourite dessert to calm him down...?' Cole thought.

"And no, you may not buy me my favourite dessert to sway me," Cole's advisor added making the prince stagger at how good he is at reading people.

The prince flinched at being found out again, "Gah! Not again...! Oh, fine...I'll do whatever you ask of me as my royal advisor for the day then..." Cole eventually gave in to listen to his advisor.

Geo smirked lightly, "Oh? Freedom of will is always sweeter than any other sweet in the universe..."

Seeing his smirk made the prince a little hesitant to permit him to order him around for the day, "I'm going to take it back-"

"Nonsense, Your Highness! I think it's a splendid way of repayment!" The advisor smiled, but Cole only slumped in his seat more, "You're not going easy on me are you...?"

"No, I will not."

"I figured as much...."

Cole and Geo arrived at the palace of Stormridge to greet the rulers.

Upon entering the guards welcomed them with open arms, "Ah! Lord Geo, Prince Cole, Your Highness! It so nice to see you back here, at Stormridge," A guard smiled, leading the two to the main palace.

The advisor smiled in reply, "It has been a while since we've been here."

"Yes, I quite miss Jay's palace. I wonder if the spots where we spent time together are the same?" Cole chuckled before wondering if anything had changed.

A guard only said that Stormridge has been preparing for the Thunder Festival, a festival to unite its people and the gods above the rain and thunder they provide to protect their Kingdom.

"Ah!" Cole perked up at the name, "The Thunder Festival, what a splendid time! The only time when the sun shines through the clouds and rain to create an unbelievable rainbow!"

The Prince of Corendor's advisor smiled at the prince, "We sure picked a good time to visit Prince Jay, then."

"This way, please! The Queen, King and Prince Jay would love to see you again!" The guard led them to the throne room, where the rulers sat.

As the large doors opened to reveal Cole and Geo, Corendor's heir smiled when he saw his best friend.

"Jay!/Cole!" The two ran up to each other, "Oh! I missed you so much! Even though it's only been like what? A few weeks since the party for Luminaar's Crown Princess' party but it's still been so long for me and-" Jay kept on rambling on and on until Cole started laughing.

Holding the red-haired male by his shoulders Cole smiled back at his friend, "I know, Jay. I know. I missed y'a too, best friend!"

The Prince of Stormridge grinned, "Oooh! You are so fortunate to be here! The Thunder Festival starts today this evening!"

"Really? Can't wait! As long as there's cake there, I'm in-ow...!" Corendor's prince grinned before Geo, hit his head lightly, "Sweets are bad for your health, Your Highness."

The King and Queen arrived, "Oh! Well, look at that, if isn't Cole!" Ed, the King of Stomridge and Jay's father smiled at a familiar face.

Cole bowed to Ed and his wife, "Greetings, Your Majesties. It is so nice to see you again! You seem to be doing well!" Edna held the young man's hands.

The Queen smiled softly at the boy, "We are doing well! Has your father been well?" The mention of his father slightly made the raven-haired male's smile falter.

"He's doing fine! Just some imperial business keeping him away from visiting!" Cole chuckled to cover his behaviour change.

Geo gave a sad-eyed look at his prince, 'Cole...'

Ed hummed, "I see, well, it's not like we can ignore imperial matters to the capital and government for a get-together. Tell him 'hello' for us when you get back!"

"Will do, Your Majesty!" Cole smiled.

Edna turned to Geo, "Ah, Geo, how have you been doing? Well I hope," the Queen smiled at the advisor who bowed before delicately smiling back, "Yes, I have been, Your Majesty."

"Jay? Why don't you go and introduce Cole to another guest we have for the festival, hm? Geo, your mother and I will talk about some palace work that we contributed together from our kingdoms. It's more convenient to talk in person than in letters, hahaha!" Ed suggested to his son who eagerly nodded.

"On it, Father! Come on Cole! She's in one of the guest suites at the rear palace!" The prince said his goodbyes to his parents and Geo before leading his friend to go meet the mystery guest.

Cole grew both intrigued and confused, "I didn't know you'd have visitors. Who is it? A princess? A noble? An old friend I do not know of?"

The red-haired prince only teasingly laughed, "Is someone already hooked onto the Princess of Luminaar?~" The tease got to Corendor's future, making him cover his face, "N-NO!"

"It's written all over your face, Cole. No need to hide it."

"You're insufferable!"

"I know! I'm still surprised you've lasted this long after all the years we've been through."

Jay stopped in front of the doors to see them already being opened for the guest, "Ah! I guess she's going out as well! What perfect timing!" He bowed to the guest, "It is nice to see you're getting comfortable in my palace."

"Haha! Of course, Jay! You and your parents are such welcoming people! I should visit often if you continue this," The woman smiled back at the Prince of Stormridge before bowing in respect.

Cole took a peak from over Jay's shoulder to see who he was speaking to. He almost had a heart attack at seeing the familiar person.

It was the Princess of Luminaar, (Y/N) Garmadon.

Jay gave a glance at his friend and smirked knowingly when he saw his flustered face, "Oh! This is my best friend, Cole! I'm sure you've met him at your birthday party I presume," he nudged his friend to speak up.

Corendor's prince gave a hard glare at the male beside him but (Y/N) walked up to the two to speak to him before he could yell at him.

"Prince Cole!" The princess smiled, giving a bow to him, "What a surprise to see you here!"

The said prince straightened his posture and bowed as well while stuttering a reply, "It-It is my pleasure, Your Highness."

(Y/N) looked at Jay before looking back at Cole, "And to think you both are friends with also your kingdoms! How fortunate! It means It'll be easier to explore your kingdoms if I have your regards," she softly chuckled at her humour with Jay.

"Yep!" Jay held Cole's shoulders, pulling him close, "We've been friends since we were at least 3 years old! Old academy friends!"

"Yes, ahem! Indeed," Cole cleared his throat to appear like he wasn't having a mental crisis at the moment.

The princess smiled, "It is nice to have friends by your side no matter what status you are! It brings you down to the earth, don't you think?" She asked, "I have my friend from my kingdom as well! He has the power the manipulate the very earth himself! It's amazing! He even gave me a figurine of a dragon."

As (Y/N) went on rambling about her friend, Jay put two and two together and had a hunch about her friend. He gave a look to Cole, who only made a sign that he'd explain once they had privacy.

"Your Highness, the royal carriage is ready for you to head towards the town square," a guard walked to the princess.

The said royal perked up at that, "Ah, thank you very much. I will head to the front of the palace as soon as I finish my conversation with the princes," the guard gave a nod with a bow to her and the princes before walking away.

"Sorry you two, I completely forgot I was to head to the plaza to get familiar with the land. I want to eventually make a peace treaty with all kingdoms one day when I become Queen. So I thought of going there to start with my journey," The princess gave a sheepish smile in apology.

Cole only smiled lightly back to her, completely drawn by her bright aura, "It's completely fine, Your Highness. You are excused. You have done nothing wrong."

She gave a small bow, "Still, forgive me, Your Highnesses. I should get going," (Y/N) turned back to Cole who straightened up his posture, "It was very nice to see you again, Prince Cole! I hope we meet again during your stay here."

"I will wait until that fateful day." He bowed on her behalf.

"Jay, I thank you for showing me your palace! It was entertaining!" She gave a gentle hug to the prince, "We will see each other soon!" With that, she left to go to the plaza.

Cole looked in shock to see Jay being so close to the princess, "How did you-" Jay raised his hand for him to stop talking.

"Hold it! I'll explain, come with me," Jay stated before they entered his room.

The two got comfortable on his couch, "The reason why bestie-ahem! Princess (Y/N) is so familiar with me that we both have a lot in common with our interests. Like solving puzzles, figuring out machinery, doing all sorts of hoobies and more! She's fun and nice!"

Hearing the information made Cole grab his shoulders, "TELL. ME. EVERY. SINGLE. THING. SHE. LIKES!!"

Jay yelled in fright, "Cole! You're scary like that! Back up, man!"

The red-haired male looked at his friend, "You really like her, don't you? Better not tell Kai about this or else he'll steal her awa-"

"Never....speak....of....his name with....hers...in the same sentence....ever..."

"GOSH! Why are you so uptight and overprotective? Geez!"

"Wait!" Jay remembered something, "What about the whole thing when you grew nervous about her talking to this 'friend' of hers."

Cole only sighed, "It's a long story, but here's the gist of it."

"HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

Jay has been currently laughing for 10 minutes straight.

"Hahahaha!" Jay held his stomach, "No..! Way...! You! ...name...! Rocky?! HAHAHHAHAHA!!"

The Prince of Corendo slumped back in his seat with a hard sigh, "I told you! It's complicated and a long story!" he defended.

"I just get so nervous around her when I'm Cole so I decided to make a persona to get closer to her," Cole added.

Stormridge's prince was still laughing but was able to speak properly, "And you think a persona is going to help you get closer to her more?! Haha! And the name is even worse!"

"SHUT UP!!!"

"OW! You're hitting the heir to Stormridge!"

"I don't care!! I'm a prince and heir as well! We're equals!"

"Not true! Nor logical-Ow! Okay! Okay! Geez!"

After successfully fighting off Cole's attacks Jay sat beside his friend to think of solutions to his dilemma, "Hm...If you're so nervous to be around her since you're in love with her. The only solution is to reveal yourself and confess!"

Cole immediately denied that idea, "No way! Do you think it is easy to just go up to the Crown Princess of Luminaar and confess to deceiving her for two whole weeks?! Her father is going to kill me! Then, my father is going to kill her entire kingdom in retaliation!"

Jay hummed, "Okay, I completely forgot that we have to take into consideration that our parents are rulers of their Kingdoms...So Possible war might be evident..."

Corendor's heir rolled his eyes, "You don't say."

Cole's friend only shoved him slightly, "Hey! I'm trying to help you with your so-called love drama!"

"Find something better to help me, then!" Cole huffed, crossing his arms.

Stormridge's prince thought again, "Hm...Aha!"

Cole perked up happily at the sound, "What?! You found a solution?"

"I got nothing."

.

..

...

"You liar! You got my hopes up!!"

"Ow! Is everyone in your kingdom this abusive these days whenever they get angry?!"

"Yes! Maybe! No! At least I don't think so!"

"You don't even know?! Oh...First Spinjitzu Master...! Have mercy on my friend, Cole...He didn't mean all of this...! OW! Okay, he DID mean that!"

"Stop praying thinking I'm a lost cause! I'm not Kai, y'know!"

"Maybe Kai would be acting better in your case!"

"That's it! Come back here you!"

"AH! I'm calling the guards on you!"

While the princes were chasing each other in Jay's room, Geo was seen smiling at the interaction, 'At least he has people to depend on.' He thought before remembering the last words of Cole's mother.

Geo was serving the Queen of Corendor tea, "Geo, may I tell you something?" Lily asked making the advisor bow.

"Anything, Your Majesty," he replied.

"Do not tell the king nor my son of this, okay? I'd like to have this conversation private from the others," The Queen had a simple condition for this wish she'd like to say.

The advisor grew slightly shocked that she told him not to tell her husband or Cole but still agreed, "Of course, Your Highness. I will not tell a single soul. Not even the King...Not even your son."

"Thank you," She thanked him, drinking the tea that Geo served her before getting to the point.

"I know that one day, I will leave my husband and son behind. I can feel that day nearing even now...I know that they will be heartbroken with you also, Geo...But I know you will hold on to keep them from falling apart. Especially Cole," Her words shocked Geo.

"Y-Your Majesty...!" Geo had a feeling why she was saying all of this but didn't want to say it out loud out of fear of what might come.

Lily sighed softly, looking at the sky, "One day...My dear son will take over the throne and be King. I want him to have a strong-willed woman by his side. A woman he truly loves, a person he'd gladly do anything for, a person that would be his haven. I just want him to rule happily with someone he loves instead of a contractural marriage."

"I want him to explore the world and find the one for him. I know, one day, he will meet someone he would never let go till he dies."

Geo smiled softly at the memory, "Her Majesty knew about this. He did find someone he'd never let go. I just know that Princess (Y/N) will make him a better man."

"They might even be fated to love each other unconditionally."

With that, he started to walk away, leaving the princes to have their fun.

(In a cave far away on the outskirts of Stormridge.)

"Sire! We have the map!" A mythical creature was seen waving a map in their hands, handing it to the leader of the tribe.

"Excellent. Now we have all we need to find the five blades," the leader took a look at the map.

"My allies! Today is the start of the revolution! To go against Stormridge, their King and Queen and their son, for REVENGE!!" The leader with a hood turned to their followers.

"REVENGE!!"

"It is the mark of the anniversary of the day they locked us down here. But no more, we shall rise and fight!!" The leader yelled.

"FIGHT!!"

"Are you with me?!" The hooded figure shouted to the followers.

"YES!!"

Chapter 4 ends!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 94 7
(y/n) was a rather shy and nervous boy, who was always having a hard time fitting in. But eventually he found a place he enjoyed being in, Sensei Gar...
3.3K 146 12
"Why do I have to be a Princess?" "Why do I have the element of Magic?" "Why did I like Lloyd Garmadon?" ...
22.6K 550 36
After the battle against the Crystal King Aka the Overlord, everything was at peace in Ninjago. Like usually in a city like Ninjago, that peace never...
301K 7.5K 25
(MY FIRST WRITING PROJECT, WILL CONSIST OF CRINGY WRITING + PLOT, SOME CHAPTERS ARE EDITED TO WORK BETTER. BUT, PLEASE BARE WITH ME, AS I HAVE MANAGE...