Promise (Revali x Reader)

By mantafailure

(Y/N), a Zonai and the descendant of the leader of the Zon'Hirith Town, has been chosen as the 5th Champion... More

Context
🍃Rewind🍃
🍃Really?🍃
🍃Visit🍃
🍃Relax🍃
🍃I Won't Say🍃
🍃Not Outloud🍃
🍃Ready?🍃
Quick Notice
🍃Keep a Secret🍃
🍃The Start of The Calamity🍃
🍃Ending: Spirits🍃
A/N
NEW CHAPTER!

🍃Ending: Who Are You?🍃

185 3 11
By mantafailure

-(Y/N)'s POV-

I thought it was the end. I braced myself for impact, but... nothing. Instead, a bright light flashes right next to me, and somehow someone came out of that light...

It managed to deal some blows to the beast, which left it stunned for a few seconds. Whoever this was, they saved my life. They turned to me and ran.

"Hey, are you okay? Are you hurt?"

I didn't recognize that voice, and my vision was blurry, so I couldn't even see who this person was.

"Yeah... I'm fine..." I tried to get up, with a bit of help from whoever this was.

"That monster gave you quite a beating, didn't it?"

"No kidding." I sighed as my sight cleared. "Who are you, anyways?"

"Oh! Perhaps I should introduce myself... My name's Rauru."

The zonai stood in front of me, with a kind smile on his face. I swear I've heard that name before somewhere, but I can't quite remember... I must've hit my head hard.

"Well... I'm (Y/N), that's Ganon, and it's gonna destroy the whole kingdom if I don't stop it." I quickly explained. "I don't know where you came from, but I really need some help."

"Of course! Why do you think I'm here?" He said, getting in a battle stance. "I'll distract it, try to get up close with it."

This guy knew what he was doing. I quickly grabbed my boomerang and sprinted towards the beast.

The battle was long and arduous, but it seemed like victory was ours! Though... when I went to deal the final blow, the beast managed to also give me a good beating before I got to finish it off. So, we won, but I ended up unconscious.

After a little while, I woke up back in town. I was inside a hut, in bed, and I could hear various voices outside. Some familiar, some I've never heard before. I could hear the champions and the princess' outside, except for one person...

"Urgh... what happened..." And there he was. Revali seemed to be in the same situation I was in. His feathers were messy, and he seemed a bit hurt.

"Hey... you alright?" I couldn't help but smile when he turned to me in surprise.

"(Y/N)?!" He chimed in surprise. "What happened?"

"Well, I dunno what happened to you, but... I think we're back in Zon'hirith, in one of the hospital huts."

"Hm, I suppose it makes sense." He grunted as he stood up. "Well, we should-" I decided not to let him finish and just pull him in for a hug.

"You kept your promise."

"(Y/N)... Of course I did. What, did you think I'd lose to that thing?" He chuckled smugly as he wrapped his arms around me. "You really underestimate my skills."

We stood there in silence for a few seconds. Revali fiddled with my hair, which was a bit surprising. I'm glad he's comfortable though.

But as I was getting comfortable, we heard footsteps approaching the hut. I already knew that he'd push me away, so I just let go.

Zelda suddenly entered the room, her face filled with excitement as if she just saw the first king of Hyrule or something. "(Y/N)! Revali! You're both awake! Come on outside, we got visitors!" She quickly said before going back out the tent.

"... Guess we should follow her?" I said in a sarcastic tone.

Revali nodded, and we walked outside the tent. As soon as my eyes adapted to the different lighting outside, I saw three unknown figures. Two Ritos and a Zonai. Alongside them, the rest of the champions stood there, chatting in a circle with them.

"Uhh... hello?" I tried to push and get to see who they were talking to.

"Care to explain why you brought us out in such a hurry, princess?" Revali was clearly annoyed by this.

"Oh, yes of course!" She quickly pushed the rest of the champions aside, making enough room for me and the rito. "These gentlemen here rescued you two from the battle in the divine beasts!"

There were two Ritos. The first one had white feathers with black on the tips, a sharp beak, and stood tall with a bow behind his back. It looked exactly like Revali's bow... Weird.

The second Rito had blue feathers, was clearly more muscular than the other, and held an accordion in his wings. His beak was less sharper than either Revali's or the first rito's. He looked very friendly.

And lastly, the Zonai. I could recognize this guy from the help he gave me in battle. Rauru, was it? His clothes were... typical for a Zonai long ago, it's the best way I could describe them.

"I'm Teba. I believe you already knew that, Master Revali, though it's a pleasure to meet you, Mr/Ms (Y/N)." The Rito with the bow spoke in a serious tone, clearly trying to make himself look confident.

"And I'm Kass! Nice to meet you both!" The other Rito smiled. He gave off good vibes, and his soft smile definitely helped with that.

"And-"

Before the Zonai could talk, I cut him off.

"Wait... I know where I recognize you from! You look exactly like the first king of Hyrule-" I said, very confused on why this random guy looked exactly like him.

"Well... maybe it's because I am?" He chuckled. "It's nice to meet you too, Mr Revali." The zonai said, offering his hand for a handshake. Revali seemed to be zoned out though.

Meanwhile, In Revali's head

"Why does every Zonai have such curvy hips...?"

Back to (Y/N)

"Uhm... Revali? You there, birdbrain?" I joked, waving a hand in front of his face.

"Huh? Oh. Yes, of course. Nice to meet you too." He quickly shook the Zonai's hand, then leaned in to whisper "I wasn't really paying attention... who's this guy again?" He sounded ashamed. I just shrugged it off and quickly whispered back to him that this guy is the first king of Hyrule.

Revali froze in shock for a few seconds, before Zelda interrupted again to explain. "Supposedly, them and other people were sucked into this time to help you all! Some from the past, and some from the future apparently!" She quickly explained, very clearly enthusiastic about this.

"Well... that explains a lot of things then." I chuckled, nudging Revali playfully.

"So what you're saying is... something, somehow brought them here to aid us in our battle against the calamity?" He seemed skeptical. "Why?"

"Well..." Kass started, seemingly unsure if to say what he was about to say. "As we already explained to the others, you weren't able to defeat the Divine Beasts alone and..."

Teba quickly cut him off. "Perished." He said sternly.

"What?! Nonsense! I would never lose a battle!" My Rito said, too full of himself to admit a lost battle. He's such a dummy... I love him.

"Well, you didn't thanks to us." Rauru stepped in again. "I'm just glad we could help."

"But... wouldn't that cause a bunch of time travel shenanigans?" I asked.

"Oh, it definitely did! Purah and her team are already freaking out about it." Zelda pointed at the group of Sheikahs mumbling to themselves like mad scientists as they made notes.

"They wouldn't stop hogging us for questions about the future..." Teba complained, visibly annoyed. That was until Kass placed a hand on his shoulder, which caused him to calm down.

"Wait are these two dating-" My thoughts were cut off YET AGAIN by Zelda. Dang, she really finds a way to get into the conversation forcefully...

"We have a lot of work to do, still!" She happily said, clearly excited. "We'll start our travels tomorrow, the calamity's damage is not fixed yet. Be sure to rest, okay? They'll stay here too, by the way!" She said referring to the ritos and Zonai, before quickly leaving to help Purah with whatever she was doing.

I decided to spend a while talking with them, while Revali just wanted to rest back at the inn. So, when night arrived and everyone was asleep, I went to where Revali was staying.

The moon was high up in the sky, and the lights were out, though I wasn't bothered by this. And neither did my lovebird. He was wide awake when I got into his room.

"Hey, love." I started, smiling and sitting next to him in bed. "You doing alright?"

"Yeah, yeah... it's just..." He sighed, looking away with shame. "I can't believe I would've lost that battle if they hadn't showed up. I mean, if Teba hadn't showed up. The other guy just stood there in fear... I think. I blacked out before I could realize who was doing what." Revali looked to the window in the hut, looking rather cute under the moonlight.

"Okay, first, don't worry about that! What matters is we didn't lose, and we're alive. And second, I'm pretty sure those two have a thing for each other, so... maybe try not to trash talk Kass? I'm pretty sure Teba would get mad." I chuckled, wrapping an arm around Revali.

"Now... whaddya say if we get some rest? I'm sure you're as tired as I am." I yawned, looking down at Revali.

"I have to admit... I am exhausted. And you're great to cuddle with..." He chuckled to himself. "Alright, let's get some sleep." Revali laid down on bed, covering himself with the soft silk sheets. I followed soon after, spooning him and holding him close.

"Goodnight, lovebird." I whispered softly, before falling asleep.

A/N: OKAY SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG AND ITS SO BAD BUT I GOT WRITERS BLOCK AAAA 😭 Hope it's decent enough for you guys to enjoy, and if you still want me to continue this story, just lemme know by reading it, leaving comments, and all that jazz. Also, if I do continue this, I'll have to learn Age of Calamity lore! YAYYY (I can't afford the game so a video will have to do AHHHH). AND please follow if u liked this, ill try to keep writing as much as I can :¨)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 8.3K 47
In a fit of anger, you lock yourself in your room. Your parents are controlling, your friends are in different countries, a man insists on marrying y...
52.7K 723 100
The Champions, from The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild have discovered a new feature on the Sheikah slates, The online conversation add on!!! Bu...
318K 8.1K 49
Contains spoilers - gender neutral MC One hundred years ago, you took part in a prophecy of old. Having being gifted the ability to hear the voice of...
1.5K 42 15
WARNING: spoilers for BotW, description of violence/gore, ships Yes, this does include ships only because I'm a big fan of Revalink and Mipha x Zelda...