The Silver Star

Galing kay MushroomMantis

A dark hedgehog is at the low point of his life. But it soon is turning around as he got a job as a bodyguard... Higit pa

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 6

Part 5

96 7 185
Galing kay MushroomMantis

While Silver was practicing the choreography with his teacher and the dancers, Shadow had another round around the land and took a drag from his cigarette. He knew it wasn't healthy to smoke, but it was an old habit which returned after his wife kicked him out, even though he stopped smoking when she got pregnant.

He let out a sigh as the smoke escaped his lungs. He had a slight frown on his face as he reflected on his first day at the job. "Of course Silver was mad at me, because I walked in on him, that's probably why he got so snappy because of the tea," He said to himself and pressed out his cigarette.

Determined to make it all up again he went to his own room to work on the pieces he collected of the vase Silver had broken the day before.

After a while it was about time for the choreographer to leave so Shadow made his way to the ball room where they were practising. He sat down on one of the wooden benches at the sides of the room. He sat away from the few girls who were resting for a moment as this wasn't their dance to perform.

Shadow could see a few of them biting their lips as they looked at Silver's movements, "Damn she's so lucky," He could here one of them whisper.

Shadow looked back at Silver who was dancing closely with one of the girls. Pressing her close to his body and grinning down on her.

"1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3," The choreographer walked around them, as she inspected their movements. "1, 2, 3, Tap, tap, and twist," She instructed towards the closing.

The girls on the bench started to applaud enthusiastically.

Silver looked down at the girl he was holding, he panted but grinned at her and helped her to stand up straight again, still holding her hand. He leaned towards her and whispered something in her ear.

She started to blush and giggle, "Oh stop it you," She said playful.

"Believe me, I mean it," Shadow could hear him say, "You are," He added and kissed her hand. The girl's face turned so red that you might have think she would explode.

Shadow couldn't help but smile and rolling his eyes, as it was obvious Silver was a real charmer towards his fans. He probably knew the right things to say, to make them all go weak for him. It was kind of amusing to look at for Shadow, as it made him think back at himself before meeting his future wife.

The choreographer clapped her hands which made everyone go quiet. "That was an okay session."

"Excuse me? 'Okay session', what do you mean by that?" He said offended.

"Well Silver, I've told you before," She said superciliously, "You're still a minor, the way you hold your dance partner is  far to sexual."

Silver let out a deep sigh and rolled his eyes as he turned his back towards her, "Well I don't hear them complaining about it," He said and took his kimono and pulled it on. He winked at a few of the girls who were watching from the side line. He turned around to his teacher again, "Besides, you know as well as I do, that sex sells," He said with a grin. "Gives the fans something to dream about."

Shadow raised his eyebrows surprised at their discussion.

The choreographer cleared her throat. "We agreed that we would wait till you turned eighteen," She said.

"Who is we?"

"Your father and I."

Silver let out a chuckle, "Yeah right. Like my father would say 'No' to money. He doesn't care how we get it."

The choreographer crossed her arms, "But I do. You're still too young and so are these girls," She said and pointed to the back up dancers.

Silver raised his eyebrows towards the girls who looked frustrated by what their teachers just told him. He shrugged his shoulders, "Well okay, if that's how you want it."

"Good," She said and turned towards her bag to pack everything.

Shadow silently looked at the scene and could see Silver grin, shake his head and wink at the girls, who giggled, as they knew he didn't mean any of it.

"We will meet you Thursday at the rehearsal," The choreographer said who swung her bag over her shoulder.

Shadow stood up from the bench as everybody was making their way towards the front door. Silver stood at the door and his teacher went through firstly. He kissed all the girls on the cheek as they left, to a few of them he whispered something which made them blush.

As they all made their way to the van Silver pulled the last one closer, behind the door, away from the view of the others, "You're still my favourite," Shadow could hear him whisper and pressed his lips against hers. Shadow raised his eyebrows surprised to see them both kissing passionately. He felt blown away and wondered if he should intervene. Silver's hand moved up her short skirt, his hand cupping her behind and squeezing it.

Shadow cleared his throat, which made Silver open his eyes, "What are you looked at? Pervert." Shadow looked away awkwardly, "That's what I thought." Silver let go of the girl with a grin on his face while leaning against the door frame. "So I will see you in my dressing room after the rehearsal?" He whispered to her.

The girls still had a bright blush on her face and nodded, "Of course, Mister Starlight," She said in a flirty way.

"That's a good girl," He said and licked his lips, "Now go before they start missing you," He said and smacked her behind, before she left with a soft giggle.

He waved to the van as they left and Silver closed the front door and turned towards Shadow. "I will be in my room. Don't bother me until dinner is ready," He said and went up the stairs.

Shadow cleared his throat, "You know..." He said doubtfully, "That was kind of in appropriate."

Silver stood still on the stairs, "Excuse me?" He said without looking down at Shadow.

"Well you know," Shadow said and gestured towards the spot Silver had kissed the girl like that.

Silver looked down at Shadow with a frown, "What I do with my girls, is none of your business," Silver hissed.

Shadow gulped but gathered his courage, "How old is she?"

"Eighteen, so she can do what she wants," Silver hissed back.

Shadow nodded slightly, "Okay, okay, I'm sorry."

Silver's jaw clenched but he gave a slight nod, before he moved up the stairs. When he disappeared from his view, he let out a deep sigh and pinched his nose bridge, "Think about the money," He whispered to himself.

He turned back to his own room and smoked another cigarette on his balcony. He could see the chef arrive at the gate which opened before Shadow even pressed the button, meaning that he apparently was allowed to let himself in, which might be the same for Blaze, he thought by himself. As she was already present early in the morning.

After a while a ding was heard in Shadow room, he looked up at the board which hanged in his room with a map of the house. A green dot lit up in the kitchen area, meaning that dinner was almost ready to serve. He stood up and went through the hallway to knock Silver's door, this time he made sure he knocked louder.

"Yes?" Silver's voice was heard from the other side.

"Dinner is almost ready," Shadow spoke clearly audible through the door.

"Be there in a minute."

Shadow nodded silently and made his way to the dining hall. As he walked though the hallway, the mouth watering aromas made his stomach rumble, wondering what will be served this evening. He sat down on his regular seat and waited quietly.

Not too long after the door opened and Silver entered the room. He wore a plushy pink bathrobe which wasn't closed, revealing his gold coloured boxers underneath. Shadow looked surprised by the amount of chest hear such a teenager already has. Silver's quills were sticking out in all direction, his slippers shuffled on the floor as he walked to his chair and flopped down. He yawned and looked exhausted.

His eyes met Shadow's which made his behaviour change immediately. He stroked his hand through his quills and a grin appeared. He grabbed the bowl of grapes that stood on the table and placed his feet on top of the table. He popped a grape in his mouth and looked to the window to see it was fixed.

Shadow cleared his throat, "I wanted to apologise," He said, "I didn't mean to walk into you this afternoon. You're right, I should have knocked harder," He said, even though he didn't agree with his own words, but he wanted to make sure they would get back on the same level as this morning again.

Silver raised his eyebrow.

"And I shouldn't have interfered with that girl," He added, "You're right, if she's eighteen, she can chose what she wants herself."

Silver turned and looked to Shadow, who waited patiently for a response.

"And?" Silver said.

Shadow blinked confused, "Oh, and for your tea," He added doubtful, but Silver shook his head and gestured for him to continue. Shadow frowned as he thought, not knowing what else he could be needed to apologise for. "I don't know."

Silver slammed the bowl with a loud bang on the table and stood up. He silently walked towards Shadow and stopped next to him, who looked up at him. Somehow it made him feel small as Silver was towering over him, even though he would be shorted if they both were standing. Shadow frowned as he looked into his golden eyes which looked angry down at him. "And..." He whispered as he leaned forward to face Shadow closer, "... Stay the fuck away from my Blaze," He whispered threatening.

Shadow raised his eyebrows surprised, "Your Blaze?" He asked confused.

"Yes," Silver hissed, "Don't you dare to touch her, she's mine."

Shadow suddenly fell speechless as he processed Silver's words in disbelieve. He tried a few times to say something, till he suddenly said, "Wait... What?"

"Don't touch her," Silver whispered threatening and poked his chest with every word.

"Why would you even think that I-" Shadow said confused.

"Don't touch her," Silver said more stern.

"I wasn't even planning to," Shadow said.

Silver's eyes twitched as he looked into Shadow's ruby ones to see if he meant it. "And don't talk to her."

"Well it's hard not to talk with her. We sort of are colleagues," Shadow said, "Besides it's needed for my job. I promise I won't do anything with her, we are just colleagues, I don't feel any other attraction to her, besides I'm still married remember."

"Pfff, like that ever held anyone back before," Silver stood straight again and turned around to walk back to his seat and flopped down again.

Shadow had a confused frown on his face as he thought about Silver's words which didn't make much sense to him. The chef entered the room and served them their dinners. Revealing Shadow fresh pasta and arugula salad. Shadow looked from the corner of his eye when the chef revealed Silver's dinner, which again were steamed veggies, salad but it also had a slice of bread this time.

Silver didn't say anything as the chef turned back to the kitchen. He rested his head in his hand as a bored teenager and poked his food.

Shadow gulped and looked at his own plate. He let out a sigh and cleared his throat, "You want to switch plates?" He suggested, which made Silver perk up. Shadow smiled at him and gestured to his plate. Silver's eyes twitched for a moment but suddenly frowned at him.

"I don't need your pity," He said and pricked his fork into a piece of broccoli.

Shadow nodded slightly and started on his own dinner, while Silver now and again looked over a Shadow's plate. They quietly ate, Shadow thought about what Silver just said about Blaze which made him wonder if there actually was something between them. Blaze sure was nice towards him, but she's a servant, they wouldn't actually be dating, besides Silver apparently already had a girlfriend. Added to that, Blaze seemed much older than him. It was all rather confusing and a strange situation to him.

Shadow finished his dinner and waited till Silver had emptied his own plate, he looked his watch to see it was already later than he expected, "Oh you still need to study for three hours," He said as he checked the schedule. "Do you need any help?" He offered.

Silver stood up and rolled his eyes, "Like I would ever need your help." Shadow bit his tongue as he heard Silver's words, who made his way to the doorway.

"'No thank you,' would also do," Shadow said under his breath.

Silver stood still at the door, "What did you say?"

Shadow bit his tongue as he didn't expect Silver to hear what he said. He looked at his back and could see Silver holding the doorknob tightly. "N-nothing."

He could see Silver's jaw clench as he turned his head towards him, his eyes had a dark glow in them as he looked towards Shadow. "Are you sure?" He said through gritted teeth.

"Y-yes, yes."

Silver let go of the doorknob and turned towards Shadow, "I could've sworn I heard you say something."

"It was nothing really."

"Don't lie to ME!" Silver said angrily.

Which made Shadow gulp, "I'm sorry, I didn't-"

"If you've something to say to me, DO IT TO MY FUCKING FACE!" Silver's face was close to him, "So... What was it you had to say to me?"

Shadow's eyes twitched and gathered his courage, "T-that, 'No thank you,' would also do," He said trying his best to make his voice sound as calm as possible, even though his heart was racing. It was strange to Shadow that a teenager had this intimidating and dominant effect on him, even though he was mostly the one above others and respected.

"You're a pathetic piece of shit," Silver whispered to him. His eyes twitched as he looked in his. He turned around, "Just like your daughter."

"Excuse me?" Shadow said as he moved his chair back to stand up.

"You heard me," Silver said, he had a grin on his face which Shadow couldn't see.

"Don't you fucking dare to say anything about my daughter," Shadow growled at him. His blood started to boil as something in him snapped.

Silver turned around, who had a smug grin on his face, "Seems like I've touched a nerve." The grin Silver gave him made him even angrier. "What?" Silver said and shrugged his shoulders, "You don't think she looks like a pathetic little bitch?" Shadow clenched his fists. "She looks like a fucking retard, just like her father."

With a swift move Shadow pushed Silver against the wall and held his bathrobe tightly, "SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH."

Silver didn't look shocked at all because of Shadow's outburst, he only looked arrogantly up at him. "Well you know it's true, don't you?"

"Don't you ever say anything about my daughter ever again," Shadow whispered angrily, his eyes twitched as he spoke through gritted teeth.

"Or what?" Silver spoke daringly. Shadow lifted Silver from the floor by grabbing his bathrobe, as he didn't weight much at all. "Uh, scary. You really think I would be impressed by this?"

Shadow growled angrily and let go of him to let him drop to the floor. "I quit," He said and turned around. He only heard a chuckled behind him.

"Wow, that's a new record."

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

3.8K 51 10
Silver is the prince of Asalora, forced to be proper and marry he finally has enough and escapes his not so joyous life. He run's into a beast, who k...
1.9K 77 20
Amy rose is just your average girl with many friends but two of her friends Shadow and Sonic are both in love with her. She'll soon discover the two...
7.2K 148 13
Eggman's got Tails and Sonic needs to save him! But Eggman's plan to use a stolen Chaos G.U.N Gun has Super hedgehogs with no way out! Amy pleas seem...
5.9K 86 5
Shadow and Sonic had been rivals for long time, until he wants to call a traces with sonic and invite him over. But then things took an unexpected tu...