๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ด๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜ ๐˜€๐˜„๏ฟฝ...

Par nebvlacosmog

โ”โ”โ”it was the first time she'd had a home. one piece. female original character. found family. 1/1/24 ; 3/31... Plus

โ˜†
prologue.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
epilogue.

sixteen.

721 22 2
Par nebvlacosmog

016 ⎯⎯⎯ the duel.

   "Zoro you have to call it off!" I urge.

   "I won't do that."

   "You can't beat him!" My voice raises in desperation.

   Luffy and Usopp come into the room, Luffy taking place beside Zoro, "what's going on?"

   "I'll tell you what's going on! Your big, bad, marine grandpa sent a warlord of the sea to bring you in and instead of getting the hell out of here when he had the chance Zoro challenged him to a duel." Nami explains, irritated.

   "Which he accepted," Zoro remarks.

   "You are a fly to him," I glare at him, "he'll kill you just to spite-"

   I stop myself, a knot forming in my throat. I swallow carefully, "please Zoro."

   He looks up at me and our eyes connect

   "Please don't do it."

   "I'm going to win," he says confidently.

   "No you're not," I turn to Luffy, "tell your swordsman he's gonna get himself killed!"

   "Tell your first mate to butt out!"

   Luffy shrugs, "maybe this isn't such a great idea Zoro."

   "When you met me on that cross, what did I say?"

   "What makes you think I wanna play pirates-" Luffy repeats.

   "No the other thing-"

   "I kill your kind for a living-"

   "No-"

   "Oh!" Luffy grins, "that you made a promise to someone a long time ago to be the world's greatest swordsman."

   "The only way to do that is to beat Mihawk in a duel and take his title. I intend to do just that!"

   "Even if you die in the process! Luffy do something!"

   "It's his dream," Luffy smiles, shrugging nonchalantly, "I can't get in the way of someone's dream."

   Zoro grabs his swords and I can feel my eyes glaze over. "What's it gonna take? You want me to say you're the best? You're the best, okay! But you won't win!" I start to glitch from left to right, my crew mates looking at me worried.

   "Why do you even care?" He turns back to me. His stern eyes glare into mine and I feel myself crumble a bit.

   A tear slips down my cheek but it quickly glitches away, "because I know how this ends. And you're my friend and I don't want it to end that way for you!"

   "What do you know-"

   "I fought him every day of my life since I was eight years old! I watched armies fall to him! I know him!" My voice cracks and I feel like I'm suffocating. I glitch around the table to be in front of Zoro, my face no doubt all sorts of colors. 

   Everyone in the room is silent.

   "Sora," Luffy starts, "how do you know Mihawk?"

   I let out a breath, my strength collapsing. "He's my dad, okay? He's the reason I ended up on the seas. He's the reason I know how to wield a sword. And he's the reason I'm stuck with this stupid power!"

   I look back up at Zoro, finding him staring wide eyed at me. "How're you gonna beat him if you can't even beat his creation?"

   "I'm fighting him. End of story."

* * *

   I follow my friends down the dock towards where Mihawk is waiting. My stomach is twisting in knots. I emptied it twice last night.

   As we reach him he ignores me, sliding his eyes to Luffy. "Monkey D. Luffy, I'm surprised the marines would require my services for such a small package. Though I do like your hat-"

   "Aim for my hat one more time I swear-"

   "I don't understand your attachment to that thing I swear," dad rolls his eyes.

   I watch Uncle Shanks carefully as he picks the fuzz from his hat. He brushes it off with a grin and places it over my head. "I'll never understand how a grump like him had a daughter like you."

   "Get that thing off her head."

   "Dad," I glare at him, "call off the duel."

   "Sora," he glances from me to Zoro, my name rolling off his tongue with a certain distaste. "It's been a long time. Where've you been?"

   "Please," I beg him.

   "I've always told you not to whine. Let's get this over with." He yanks off his necklace, unsheathing a tiny sword from his cross.

   My face falls as Luffy pulls me backwards.

   "What the hell is that? I came for a sword fight."

   "I don't hunt rabbits with a cannon."

   Zoro draws his swords, "I'm no rabbit."

   "That remains to be seen."

   Zoro charges, going to strike only to be blocked by the edge of Mihawk's sword. He doesn't move from his position as he throws him backwards. "You're strong. But fighting isn't all about strength."

   Zoro continues to swing "stop talking1"

   "You're like a frog, croaking in a well," he dodges, "croak, croak, croak."

   Zoro runs forward, jumping-

   Mihawk stops him with a blade to the chest. My breath catches as the tiny sword digs into his chest. I'm going to be sick again.

   "Did my daughter not warn you of this? Why not run away?"

   "Because then my dream will be lost forever!" He jumps backwards.

   "You're brave I'll give you that, so I'll give you the honor of killing you with yoru," he draws his sword.

   Mine was almost an exact replica of his. Only made slightly smaller to fit my hands. It was my 10th birthday gift. I couldn't pick it up till I was eleven.

   Zoro unsheathes his white blade, "that's more like it."

   He attaches his black swords, spinning them as he holds the white one in his mouth. They charge at one another, clashing, then sliding to a stop just past one another.

   Slowly, Zoro's swords fall apart, his white blade dropping from his mouth. He slowly picks up the white one, turning around.

   "You're defeated. Why do you persist?"

   "Wounds on the back are a swordsman's biggest shame."

   He extends his arms and I clench my jaw.

   Mihawk gives a hint of amusement, "magnificent."

   I feel someone touch me, turning to find Nami behind me, her hand in mine. Suddenly this all feels very real. I turn back to the match, opening my mouth to attempt to stop it one last time but it's too late.

   He strikes Zoro across the chest.

   He hits the ground.

   "Zoro!" Luffy runs to him.

   This can't be happening.

   "Monkey D. Luffy, what's your goal?"

   "I'm going to become king of the pirates," Luffy answers only half-heartedly, more focused on ensuring Zoro's health.

   "King of the pirates? A much more treacherous path than even defeating me."

   "I don't care! I will!"

   "Perhaps," he shrugs, "This world could use a few more wild cards."

   "Roronoa zoro. It's too soon for you to die, grow strong and come find me. I'll be waiting." He looks over to me, "Sora, I found your sword among Buggy's things. Do be more careful. And come home sometime won't you? The ship is quiet."

   He throws my sword down, turning to walk away.

   This is what I've been searching for the past two years. This? I regretted running away the moment I was gone. I let my resentment for him fester but I never stopped looking for him. And now he's in front of me.

   Tears roll down my cheeks, "dad!"

   He doesn't stop, "you know where to find me."

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

1.5K 65 10
Kailani Reyes was just a common folk like her parents. She did normal villager tasks, and was ran by the all too great Captain Axe-hand Morgan. Wha...
1.6K 61 6
'โœฏ'โ€ข.โ€ฟโžน๐†๐€๐“๐„๐–๐€๐˜โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐—œ๐—ป ๐—ช๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ตโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ a girl in the real world, who watches the one piece live action show. actually ends up in the...
53.1K 2.3K 20
๐‘ฏ๐‘ฐ๐‘ด๐‘ฌ Goddess, that's what she was known for, not because of her house but her personality. The way she brightened up every room...
28.4K 851 28
(A little bit of Zoro Love Story) DATE: JANUARY 18, 2058 One Piece has been passed from generations to generations. And there's this one girl who has...