Heart Under Construction

By iamjanessaelliot

After Shay THINKS things are finally cut off with her abusive/obsessive boyfriend Dante of 3 miserable years... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
:)
:) Part 2

Chapter 15

10.6K 483 19
By iamjanessaelliot

Real life Bay Area Marina in MM. Photo credit to me.

Shay POV

It's Thursday. Mother's Day is this weekend and I'm not in the mood. Alisha and I only have a couple more days of school until graduation and I'm not feeling it.

I had my last class of the day and I was leaned back in my chair while looking out the window, I was deep in my thoughts.

Class ended. I was about to get up before my professor asked me to stay for a minute.

Uggh. Fuck.

Everybody left and I began slowly packing up my books and stuff. I walked down the stairs and to his desk.

"What's going on Miss Williams? You are one of my best students and you have been really zoned out lately. What's happening?" My English professor Mr. Bass said to me while taking off his glasses. He was a old-school black man who looked in his late 40's.

"Nothing. I'm just stressed out about graduation" I lied.

"Okay, I hope you can begin to focus again young lady" he said sternly.

"I will but thank you for asking Professor Bass" I said shaking his hand. He nodded while I left his class.

I walked out to the student parking lot and got in my car.

I need to go to the marina... Thank god Mother's Day is on a Sunday, I can't miss anymore school.

I made my way home. I left my purse in the car because I knew I was leaving today. I walked past Ky's car on my way inside.

I put my keys on the tree and put my books and backpack down by the door.

"Wassup sis" Ky said from the kitchen.

"Hey" I replied softly.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothin, I'm just tired" I said before I slowly headed upstairs.

I went up to my room and locked my door.

I was leaving today. I couldn't wait until tomorrow to go to the marina.

I packed my suitcase and headed downstairs.

I left my bag by the door and made my way to the kitchen.

"Alisha I'm leaving early. I'm not waiting til tomorrow" I said going over to her and kissing her cheek than going over to the dining table and kissing Ky's cheek.

"Okay babygirl, call me when you get there" Alisha said softly while giving me her full attention.

"Going where?" Ky asked.

"I gotta do somethin" I said trying to dodge the question making my way to the door.

"Be safe" he yelled.

I took my suitcase and left.

I hopped in my jeep before I went to the flower shop. I bought dozens of red roses for all the women in my life, even ones they might or might not have kids yet... I do it for Valentine's Day also.

I wrote and signed the small flower cards before I put in the addresses to where they were going to be sent on Mother's Day.

I than started the 6 hour drive to the marina....

Ky POV

"Where is she going?" I asked confused.

"She didn't tell you?" She asked.

"No.... Well I mean, she said something about her mom and leaving for Mother's Day but it was just a couple of words and that was it" I said.

"Since her mom is gone, she goes to her hometown or goes when she needs to clear her head" she explained while making chocolate cake that I requested.

I nodded "Damn".

"Don't tell Carter because she likes to be by herself" she said seriously.

I put my hands up in surrender.

We chilled, joked and talked for hours....

Carter POV

This morning I took a shower, got dressed. I drove by the flower shop to pick up some flowers for my aunt. I get them everytime I see her.

Have to bring her some type of life into her hospital room.

I visited with her as she practically gushed about Shay ever since they met awhile back.

EVERYTIME they are together they act a fool. It's funny to see my aunt (and mom when she's there) visit and get into trouble at the hospital.

💭 Flashback 💭

I took Pookie to school and picked her up. We were on our way to the hospital to see my beautiful aunt. My mom was there too since she was visiting my aunt.

"There gonna like you so stop trippin" I said laughing at Pookie who was nervous for some reason.

She had on a long, tan sundress with sandals on.

Her hair was in a lose bun with her studs in. She had practically no makeup on.

She was always so beautiful.

She began whining and than she cut herself off when she started laughing. I laughed at her goofiness.

We got there and walked up to her room.

My beautiful mom was sitting in the chair next to her bed while my aunt had her scarf on her head as she sat up in her bed.

They are everything to me.

They looked up at us and smiled.

"Who is this pretty young lady?" My aunt said smiling her million dollar smile.

Pookie smiled.

"This is Shay" I said as I went over to them to give them hugs and kisses on their soft cheeks.

"You guys are so gorgeous" Shay said smiling while looking at them.

My aunt squealed.

"Girl you better come over here and give us some sugar" My mom said smiling.

The 3 of them all talked for hours. I truly believe that they forgot I was even there but it made my day to see my aunt and mom so happy 😌.....

💭End Of Flashback💭

I smile to myself as I thought about them.

I knew Shay has been acting funny for the past couple of days. What's the word *thinking face*.... Emotionless.

I was calling her phone, texting and leaving voicemails but she wasn't answering.

What the fuck?

I immediately left the trap early and went over to the house. Her jeep wasn't in the driveway.

I hopped out and knocked on the door to see Ky answer.

"What up my nigga" he said giving me a brother hug.

"What up blood" I said as I came inside.

"Where's Alisha?" I ask stepping inside.

"Kitchen" he said while closing the door.

"Yo A, what's going on with Shay?" I asked worried while going in the kitchen.

"Nothin. She just took a break" she said making chocolate cake mix. I seen the box next to the oven.

I heard her phone beep. She checked it.

"She said she's there. So that means she's gonna turn her phone off" she said outloud.

"What the fuck is going on?" I asked getting irritated.

"She ain't tell you this?" she sighed. "Since her mom is gone, she goes to her hometown to clear her head".

"She doesn't like to talk to anybody when she goes. It's how she copes or deals with stuff. That's why she doesn't tell anybody. She just likes to be by herself" she said drinking her glass of milk. "Now that I think about it.... I don't think I have ever seen her on Mother's Day" She added.

"Damn" I said. No wonder why she never told me.

She told me that her mom wasn't alive but that was it. I didn't want to push it.

"I don't know if I should go or not" I thought to myself outloud.

"If I were you I wouldn't, she comes back fine and she got mad at Zechariah for going this one time and ignored him for like a week" she said.

I thought to myself for a minute "I'm going" I said leaving.

"Where she stay at?" I asked getting my keys out of my pocket.

"Only because she love yo ass so much....A hotel" she said.

"Which one?" I ask by the door.

"The one by the marina" she said.

"Thank you!" I yelled. It was already late and I was tired but I was willing to take the 6 hour drive to the Bay for her.

I got there at about 3 in the morning.

I go into the hotel.

"Is there a Shay Williams staying here?" I ask the lady. She was a blonde, skinny white girl.

"Who are you?" She said flirting with me.

"Her fiancé.... I want to surprise her" I said trying to get her to give me the room number. I knew she wouldn't give it to me if it wasn't something dramatic.

She scoffed while typing in the computer.

"Room 354. 3rd floor" she said giving me the key.

"Thank you" I said going to the elevator.

I find her room. Slide the key in the slot and wait for the light to turn green.

I hear the little lock switch to green.

I go into the hotel room.

Pookie is no where in sight.

I go into the master bedroom and see her purse, phone and suitcase ontop of the bed.

She must be outside at the marina, I thought.

I leave the hotel and go outside. The wind hit me. It's always hella cold in the Bay.

I walk around the glistening dark water. I finally see Shay with no jacket on, her back leaned against the railing with her face in her hands as I heard light sniffing.

Aweee. My baby 😔

I take my jacket off while I go over to her.

I stand infront of her and gently put the jacket around her shoulders.

She was startled and looked up with tears running down her face.

She was so facially motionless and sad.

I let out a small breath at the sight of her sad face as I pulled her towards me.

She put one hand around her eyes as she held my hand with the other.

I knew we were going to be here for awhile so I sat on the bench that was right behind me and pulled her to me.

I sat down before I pulled her onto my lap.

She sat horizontally on my lap as she wrapped her arms around my neck and buried her face in it as she cried. I rubbed her back and soothed her with gentle words as she found comfort in me.

I felt so bad, but atleast she wasn't mad that I was here.

*Later On*

The sun started rising and we eventually got into the hotel room.

She was so emotionless. She wasn't talking at all.

She took a long, relaxing shower as I laid in the bed with the T.V. on. Thank god I always keep a bag of extra clothes in my car.

It was about 6 in the morning.

Atleast their were those big, thick black curtains that made the whole room dark.

I was laying on the side that I always lay on with her which was the right side, as I began to get tired.

She opened the door.

Her eyes were so swollen. I frowned.

She began tiredly rubbing her eyes.

I look at her and realize she had on a white t-shirt with booty shorts on with her hair in a bun.

Oh fuck.

She obviously packed her bag for it to be only her here.

She must not have cared or was comfortable with me like the way she talked about.

She turned the bathroom light off and went straight to me.

She pulled the blanket back and got in. She tiredly scooted over to me as I turned the T.V. off and set the remote on the nightstand. I began to face towards her.

Warm Brown Sugar 😩

We entangled our legs and she wrapped her arms around me and laid her head on my chest as I wrapped my arms around her and began to make circles behind her ear. She had the softest baby hair behind her ear.

She let out a breath of relief.

She fell asleep within minutes. I played with her soft hair until I fell asleep....

30 votes to continue :).
Sorry that this chapter is short. Next chapter is long affff lmao.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

425K 11.8K 46
***THIS CONTENT CONTAINS MATURE SCENES IN IT, ALONG WITH VIOLENCE ***** Asia Carter is 18 and a senior in High School. Asia loves to sing and dance...
758 110 15
How would you treat you very first love? The very first question that comes in the mind of a teenager... Lucifer and Erica the fortunately or unfortu...
87.5K 3K 52
When was the right time to love? That's what everyone asked themselves. But what if you had it but then it slipped away from you? Would you chase...
6K 281 18
Love has always been the one thing Langston is afraid of. He's the flyest nigga in Cali, why should he fall in love? Love don't pay no bills and it d...