The Founding of Rumble.

By CRGangell

Jayda has lived a sheltered life, in the forest with her parents, Aunts and Uncles. Finally, after years of t... More

Chapter 1: First Town
Chapter 2: Astra Erling
Chapter 3: Jayda's First Job
Chapter 4: Becoming Warhorses
Chapter 5: the Capitol.
Chapter 6: Schooling the Magic School
Chapter 7: To punish the greedy.
Chapter 8: Time to prepare.
Chapter 9: The Isles of Barbarians.
Chapter 10: Frey Bjarnkin
Chapter 11: Mia Cloud.
Chapter 12: Rank Up!
Chapter 13: Hydra Hunt.
Chapter 14: Stalling the Drums
Chapter 15: To the Kingdom Conference
Chapter 16: Making plans
Chapter 17: Freedom
Chapter 18: Cait Jadeson.
Chapter 19: Oops.
Chapter 21: Leeanne Mason
Chapter 22: That makes six.
War Horse Members Status 1
War Horse Members Status 2
Chapter 23: Íss Vargr
Chapter 24: Leeanne's past comes back.
Chapter 25: An interesting Student
Chapter 26: RUMBLE!
Chapter 27: Branching out.

Chapter 20: 2nd Kingdom Conference

4.2K 145 153
By CRGangell

Hiya peeps,

Here is the latest chapter, I hope you all enjoy, please remember I do not have an editor, whatever editing done is basic, any mistakes, let slide, DON'T be an Asshat. I have no issues with comments, in fact I enjoy them, except when they are Asshat comments, know that regardless of the fact this story is fiction, I do research.

Other than that, enjoy, have fun. 😊

Chapter 20: 2nd Kingdom Conference

A week and a half later Ingrid stood next to Ericson as they were announced into the room. Ingrid was dressed in some of the finest clothes she had ever owned, presented to her by Amy. It was in the Barbarian style and remarkably close to what she normally wore, only the materials, stitching and overall fit was better than what she normally wore. When Frey said good clothes, she thought she was going to have to wear something uncomfortable, but these were the most comfortable clothes she owned. Ingrid's eyes searched the room and instantly spotted Cait who was standing with her friends and doing her best not to be nervous. "Þeir betri hafgóðr matr, [they better have good food]" Ericson remarked, and Ingrid nodded.

"Try eigi til fit einnhverr maðr [try not to fight anyone]," Ingrid told him firmly before she walked off to join her Ancestor and the people she was currently with.

Jazmine walked over after being announced. "I heard there was a new War Horse." She mused to herself as her eyes raked over the tall Green Ogre. She made a mental note to ask Mia how she felt being around all these big people.

"Your highness," Jayda said with a nod of her head.

Jazmine turned to Ingrid, "I also heard there would be Barbarian representation at this conference."

"This is Ingrid Erling, Jarl of Íss Vargr." Astra introduced.

"She is also my grandmother." Ingrid stated just to cut down on any confusion because they shared the same family name.

Jazmine turned to Astra who nodded, then to Ingrid then back to Astra. "You actually have children?"

Astra nodded, "Had to, as the Jarl, in our clan, it's a hereditary title, passing from eldest living child to eldest living child. If I didn't give birth, I wouldn't have been able to leave."

Ingrid nodded, "When I became Jarl I wasn't allowed to raid again until I had given birth to my daughter."

"Fascinating," Jazmine remarked before she turned to Astra. "So why are you in charge and not your parents."

"My parents went off to explore shortly after I came of age their brother is an oddball, he lives in a little hut on the far side of the island, he trades furs for supplies he can't get." Ingrid explained. "My Aunt Hilda and Uncle Alvar."

"My Aunt and Uncle, Ingrid's great, great Aunt and Uncle." Astra said to explain the family tree. "I only gave birth to two, an heir and a spare." She stated, it might seem a little callous, but her children knew she cared and loved them, she had stuck around for their entire childhoods until they had both come of age before she finally left them to gain their own names. She had also made a point to always write letters to her children then her grandchild, insisting on having a relationship with them regardless of the distance.

"Yeah, anyway, they cared for the clan while I went and did I what I needed to, to learn how to be a good Skipper and Jarl." Ingrid stated, "But I was still the Jarl so every time I returned Hilda and Alvar kept me up to date with all clan business. They mind the clan if I go raiding and if they want to raid, I stay."

"But not all clans function the same way." Frey remarked. "In my clan, anyone in the Jarl's immediately family can challenge and become Jarl but once they are Jarl they have to stay with the clan, so it's rare for a challenge and just passes down the family."

Jazmine mentally groaned as the King of Leaf Tree was announced. "I can't believe that idiot showed up."

Jayda shrugged and grinned, the Idiot wasn't as well put together as he was at the last Kingdom Conference, "He is looking, decidedly dishevelled." Cait snorted in amusement as the others who knew why grinned.

Ingrid cracked her knuckles as she noticed the Emperor walked into the room.

"Stop him Jayda," Astra ordered as Frey grabbed Ingrid to keep her from going and killing the Emperor.

Jayda got in front of Ericson and stopped him from going forward. "Hann munu fá hans. [He'll get his,]" Ericson glared at the one responsible for all the strife in his homeland, Jayda gave him a firm look, she was not above putting him on his arse if he didn't back off. He took a deep breath and stalked off to get some food, if he was full, he was less likely to kill him.

Jazmine watched the whole interaction with a grin, "This is going to be a fun conference this year." She said as Jayda joined them having followed Ericson to make sure he was away from the Emperor.

The five War Horses glanced to each other as they knew that no one would forget this conference. "So, food?" Cait asked.

"Yeah, I can eat," Ingrid stalked over to the tables and was pleased to see some Barbarian food on the table, she knew that castle cooks had been learning how to make Barbarian food from Tofa, but she hadn't expected them to be on offer on the first day. Khala stepped into the room because she ran a principality she had been invited to attend. "Khala Faera clan leader of the Dark Elves." Was declared by the herald.

Khala ignored the death glare from the Leaf Tree king and went over to greet Jayda who had moved to the tables, the first meet and greet was meant to be a relaxed affair, a buffet, drinks and chatting, it was meant to foster good relations. This conference however was more charged than the last, the Empire was being openly hostile to everyone, the Barbarians had torn up their non-aggression treaty and were currently raiding the empire in devastating waves.

"Hey, do you have?" Khala asked in the Dark Elf tongue as she rubbed her left inner wrist, she wanted to know if Jayda, as a Wildling, also sported the mark of being claimed. So far none of them knew why they had been claimed only that they had.

Jayda nodded and rubbed her own mark, "That Dark Elves as a race are now claimed as subordinate race to a dragon God. Yeah. I know."

"Jayda, introduce me." Jazmine demanded when there was silence for a few moments.

Jayda nodded, "Her Royal Highness, Queen Jazmine of the Golden Sands kingdom. May I introduce you to Khala Faera leader of the Dark Elf clan."

Jazmine grinned, "Are you and your people enjoying your freedom?" she asked in a slightly loud tone, she wanted everyone to know, that Dark Elves had been slaves to Leaf Tree and now they were free.

Khala grinned, "Very much so, in fact, the honey ale on offer tonight is a gift to Ashford and the conference, as thanks for helping us get out from our forced servitude to Leaf Tree."

Ericson, overhearing what Khala said pushed between Frey and Astra. "You make this?" Ericson asked as he held out a half empty mug of ale. He had taken a single mouthful and had to force himself not to down the entire thing, it was that good.

Khala nodded, "Yes, from Gold and Rock bee honey."

"Do you trade it?" Ericson asked seriously.

"The honey mead is better," Ingrid remarked having drunk some after dinner a few times.

"Better? Then why isn't it here?" Ericson asked, he wanted some if it tasted better than what was in the mug.

"Because one horn will put you on your arse and a drunk Barbarian is the last thing needed at this moment," Astra told him firmly and Ingrid nodded, after the first night she always drank hers watered down and it still managed to get her drunk quickly.

"Okay, do you trade it?" Ericson asked firmly, he wanted it.

"At the moment no, we have only recently started decent production however, in the future my clan will trade with your clan for some of your cheeses." Khala replied after all, Dark Elves loved cheese and Barbarians made the best goat and sheep cheeses.

"Yes, before I leave can we make some time to write a treaty," Ericson asked.

Khala frowned not understanding why he wanted to write a formal treaty; however, this was the first time she or her clan had interacted with other people. Also, he was a Barbarian and none of the War Horses were showing aversion to what he said, nor was Jasmine. "Yeah, sure." She answered.

"Excellent," Ericson said before he walked off to get more food and drink.

Khala glanced to Astra, "A treaty?"

Astra nodded, "Yeah, it is a good thing, it will allow trade and mean that barbarians can't attack you unless you do a dumb." Khala nodded, being friendly with Barbarians would get her clan the cheese they wanted. Ericson came back with more food.

"However, be careful of who you sign treaties with, some royals are greedy." Jazmine warned. "Since you are technically a principality in Ashford, you can avoid greedy people by just saying you need to defer to Ashford when it comes to treaties because you technically live in Ashford. It will give you time to read, consider and consult and it proves to the other leaders that you are not so easily manipulated."

"Yeah, protect your people, do that even with our treaty," Ericson told her even though the treaty he would offer her would be the same treaty other kingdoms had signed after the unification. Jazmine turned to Ericson with an impressed grin, although a new leader his mind was sharp.

Khala nodded appreciating the advice from both leaders.

"Ah here comes the idiot," Cait remarked as the Elven king started to come towards them.

He glared at Cait, "Abomination, you should be dead." He hissed at Cait.

Jazmine and Ericson were taken a little aback by him as were several other rulers who were near enough to hear.

"Yeah, I know dispel, so, yeah I removed Cait's slave brands before she had a chance to follow orders and kill herself." Jayda said loudly. "Nice try though, but if you try to send another person to kill any of us, I am sure it will be last thing you ever do."

"So, it was you, you who freed the Dark Elves from their collars of subordination?" He demanded to know.

Ericson snorted, "Pull your head out your arse you pointy eared idiot. Don't pick a fight with the Shadow, she'll destroy you without even raising a sweat."

Khala, Frey, Cait and Jayda, people who all had elf ears, turned to Ericson, "Pointy eared." Frey questioned with raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, I mean, I could have called him squishy, but he is obviously impressed with the fact he is an Elf." Ericson explained even as he started to feel a little uncomfortable. "I should have gone with squishy." He corrected himself and at the same time kind of apologised.

Jayda turned back to the arrogant elf, "How about you leave us alone, I mean I am more than willing to tell everyone exactly what you did to Dark Elves and Cait, the atrocities done by you and your ancestors. If you want all your secrets known." He turned and stormed off.

Astra rubbed Cait's back to comfort her.

"Someone really needs to do something about that idiot." Jazmine remarked and to change the tense atmosphere she turned to Mia. "So, Mia, how do you feel with all these tall people in your life."

Mia let out a groan of suffering, "I HATE it, I am almost face to crotch with her," she complained as she pointed to Cait. "I have to be very careful as to where I stand when I talking to Cait because of this."

Cait gave Mia a thoughtful look, "So that's why you do that."

Mia gave Cait an irritated side eye and clicked her teeth twice, I have seen you naked!

Astra only just managed to cover her mouth and nose, as she snorted, preventing the ale she had been drinking from spraying the royal in front of her. Astra turned away to clean up, Cait blushed as she realised what Mia meant as Frey laughed.

"Shut up, it's not funny." Mia told Frey angrily with a glare.

"It's hilarious," Frey told her, and Mia's glare grew.

"Jayda," Mia said as she turned to Jayda.

Jayda nodded before she turned to Frey and gave her a cut it look, Mia might be the smallest of their group currently, however, she was not above throwing down and fighting her larger friends. Some would be incredibly surprised to see the smallest of their group keeping up and holding her own against her larger friends, also this was not the time or place which would allow them to brawl in a way that only Wildlings would understand.

"Right, can I come to your place to train tomorrow?" Ericson asked to change the conversation as he realised it had delved into a very different kind of dangerous.

"Of course, you could probably even spar with our guards if you ask nicely." Jayda said and Ericson smiled.

"Excellent," Ericson remarked.

Jazmine turned to him, "Why not spar with Ingrid or Astra?" she asked.

Ericson glanced to Astra who had finally cleaned herself up, he didn't know this royal well enough to judge her intentions for being friendly. "Because he is the Hǫfðingi, in our culture it is a title earned through blood, through fighting and disposing the current Hǫfðingi." Astra told her. "He can't fight any of us because if he were to lose than the victor would become Hǫfðingi."

"And none of us want that," Frey told her adamantly.

Ericson groaned, "I didn't want it either, but someone had to take out that fool, I was just the idiot who did it."

"Your mistake, not mine." Frey told him with a shake of her head.

"A mistake I will never make," Ingrid agreed.

Jazmine watched Ericson for a moment, trying to comprehend this, "So, no one ever really wants to be the leader of your people?"

"The fool did, and look at what his lack of governance did," Ericson stated.

As if guessing Jazmine's next question Jayda jumped in, "His governance allowed Empire spies to manipulate a bunch of money-hungry idiots into starting a clan war, all in the hopes of hiring Barbarians to fight for the Empire." She explained.

Jazmine became thoughtful, "I have the evidence the War Horses came across to prove those claims, I will bring it so that everyone can see what he tried to do and to justify why my people are currently raiding the Empire." Ericson stated, when he had decided to join the raiding, he brought the evidence just in case another royal came to negotiate a cease fire.

"And to answer your original question," Ingrid stated drawing them away from complicated conversations as that is not what this night was about although she was impressed that Ericson knew to say they had evidence. News would spread as she could see a lot of people either blatantly watching or discretely so it would spread. "You are friendly with Frey and Astra, correct?" she asked, and Jazmine nodded. "As a ruler, could you imagine being in charge when a large proportion of your people are various versions of them or worse?"

Jazmine thought for a few seconds before she gave Ericson a horrified look, he had to put up with that!

"Hey!" Astra and Frey complained together.

Ingrid smiled pleased with her dig at her ancestor.

Ericson gave her a teasing grin, "Coming from the woman who walked into the manna-mót [meeting] of Jarls and headbutted the previous Hǫfðingi can you really talk."

Ingrid crossed her arms, "you were there, the Fool deserved it, he was lucky I only headbutted him enough to make him dizzy and not enough to knock him out."

Mia grinned, "Headbutting is a socially acceptable way of dealing with issues without it devolving into a fight or brawl, in fact it is the only way to attack the Hǫfðingi without challenging the Hǫfðingi, technically."

"Okay," Jazmine said after several moments. "Why do you refer to your previous leader as the Fool?" she asked.

"In our culture, famous people get a nickname of such that takes over for their last name but generally it won't come up on a status unless it becomes well known outside the homeland," Ericson told her beginning to see why the War Horses were friendly with this royal, she was smart and fearless. "Take Astra, she is Astra Erling, but in the homeland, people would say, Astra the Dire Wolf instead of her actual name."

"Think of it as an Infamy," Astra said to explain it a little better, "if we become known for something, it becomes our moniker." Astra touched the Dire Wolf cloak she wore. "I killed this beast," she told Jazmine, "I was barely an adult, but I killed it, alone, this is my infamy and the reason why I am the Dire Wolf, the of the North part came later."

"Bjǫrn became known as the Fool because when the previous Hǫfðingi died because he got drunk, tripped and broke his own neck," Ericson took over.

"In Gauti's defence he was known as the Clumsy," Ingrid added, and Ericson nodded in agreement, it wasn't unheard of for Barbarians to die in embarrassing ways when drunk but still for their Hǫfðingi to go out that way was shameful.

"Yeah well, after his death, Bjǫrn volunteered to be Hǫfðingi and thus he became the Fool." Ericson finished.

"And you," Jazmine asked, "Do you have a moniker yet?"

Ericson shook his head, "No, not yet but it will happen. I just hope it isn't something stupid."

Jazmine turned to Ingrid wondering if she had a moniker and Ericson's grin was back as he knew her moniker, it was a good one, but he understood why she didn't want to share it.

Ingrid sighed, "Yes I have a moniker." She didn't continue until she realised, she couldn't ignore Jazmine's expectant look. "It's Ingrid the Ruthless."

"Epic story about that," Ericson said as he started to explain the story of a young Ingrid in the early years of her being a Skipper who had gone and taken out an entire pirate den, with one ship because they had the audacity to raid a town in her raiding area during her raiding season.

Ingrid sighed, "Stop exaggerating." She told Ericson who tilted his head.

"Considering it was my ship which came a week later to back you up, I believe I am under exaggerating the carnage you inflicted. How many pirates survived that fight Ingrid, how many ships were there?" he asked pointedly.

Ingrid glared at him, "I need a drink." She turned and walked off.

"The answer to those questions if you were curious, is none survived and there were ten ships and she lost no one in her crew." Ericson said with a grin. "She was ruthless in destroying everything those parasites had built and left a very bleak reminder for any pirates in the future. Every time her clan are in that area, they check to make sure the message is remembered, to the best of my knowledge, pirates don't operate in that area because of what she did."

Jazmine glanced over to Ingrid who was helping herself to food as well as a drink. "Damn." She muttered to herself; she would not have guessed the woman was as infamous as her ancestor.

Ericson nodded, "Many in her clan have ominous monikers, all earned, and they don't give themselves monikers, they let other clans do it for them. If we don't include who's here, there's Hilda the Bloody, Alvar the Reaper, Ase the Fearless, Axel the Cunning, Eskel the Hound, Dalla the Witch, Erik the Masterful, Ivan the Crude, Wulfgar the Mighty, Brenna the Collector."

"Who takes a bone from every person she's killed," Ingrid stated as she rejoined them, "Crazy woman that one."

Jayda frowned as to the best of her knowledge there was only one Brenna in the clan, "Isn't she one of your lovers?" she asked.

Ingrid grinned, "Yeah." She answered with a chuckle and much to Jazmine's shock.

"There's lots of good reasons why no one should mess with Íss Vargr." Ericson finished and many of the listening rulers agreed.

~*~*~*~

Arnold wanted to slam his head onto the table before him, there was so much anger and posturing from a few people and he was over it, the agenda for today had basically been thrown out the window. "I need people with the light attribute to come and deal with the army of undead currently marching across my country!" Paul the Emperor of the Elysium demanded.

"Put up a quest to the guild, oh that's right. The adventuring guild pulled out of Elysium," Jazmine taunted.

"Shut up bitch," Paul snapped back.

Ericson huffed, unimpressed with the man's posturing, for the most part he had been willing to just let everything go according to the agenda as he knew their issue with the empire was a talking point. It also gave him a chance to observe the dynamics between rulers and learn a little about them. As much as they had joked about no one wanting the position of Hǫfðingi, once they were Hǫfðingi, they took their position seriously, underwent training to teach them the patience to deal with southern politics. They were hard learnt lessons for him, when to listen, when to fight, when to use diplomacy and what kind diplomacy, friendly or bloody. Other than removing the factions this would be the biggest test of his rule as Hǫfðingi, would he be able to keep his people from incurring black lash for taking their justified actions. From what he had gathered the night before the countries West of Ashford, at least those present, didn't care what his people did to the Empire, in fact Jazmine had just given him a little smile.

"Don't get me started, why are you raiding my country?" Paul demanded to know.

"You tried to start a clan war, so we are retaliating which we are allowed to do, read your fucking treaty." Ericson replied as he pulled out the evidence Ingrid had given him, slammed it on the table. "And here's the proof." He could have waited to present his evidence to when it was on the agenda however, he knew that the moment the Emperor brought it up he had to do this, show he had proof, or they would not believe him in the future.

"ENOUGH!" Arnold ordered and the room went silent, Ingrid just watched amused. "Fine, we'll deal with this first then." Arnold turned to Matt who sat along a wall with the other Guild Masters, Arnold always had the countries guild masters attend these things for this very reason, "May I ask the Adventurer Guild's stance on this."
Matt stood as was protocol, he opened a book which listed Elysium's crimes against the guild. "The guild pulled out of Elysium because of the blatant breaking of the guilds rules..." Matt's eyes went wide as power started to gather in the middle of the room. The hairs on his body stood on end, his senses, honed from his years as an Adventurer warned him, death was approaching. Dampeners and barriers were in place to protect the important people gathered; this should not be happening, Matt thought to himself.

This was the most secure place in all the kingdoms, after all Jayda, a Sage ranked mage, had cast the last barrier after the royal mages and best barrier mages had cast their spells. Ericson and Ingrid got to their feet, feeling the same thing Matt did, they went to reach for weapons they normally had on them however, they had left them outside just like everyone else. Many had gotten to their feet, ready to get out of the way as they could sense the danger.

Khala went to call her people, they had a rather good idea of who was worthy of protection in this room, it would mean giving up the secret of their race, but they could not afford for all the important people in this room to die. There was a slight popping sound and a being appeared in the middle of the room.

"Dragon," Khala stated softly and because she felt the overwhelming need to, she knelt and bowed her head.

Jayda, in her full Apostle regalia stood before them. In this form she was as taller than Cait by another foot, she looked more like a dragon with a Dragon's head in place of her normal head, although in body shape she looked more sapient than dragon. Dark glossy scales covered her body in an almost impenetrable armour. A dark robe draped over her body but hung open, because of that it exposed clawed feet which she stood on balls of, wings sprouted from her back.

She knew if she didn't supress her apostle form, she would knock them out, however, as she was acting as a voice, she could not supress it completely, she wasn't allowed to. Instead, she lowered it to a fraction of a single percent, it would still make them feel extremely uncomfortable in her presence but won't knock them out cold.

Jayda turned to her aunt who was the only one kneeling, "Please stand, he marked you as his, not for reverence but to protect you." Jayda told her in a rough deep voice, Khala raised her head and slowly got to her feet.

Slowly Jayda glanced around the room, giving the royals a chance to calm down. It took a few moments before people settled back into their seats.

Arnold took a deep breath and stood, he took a few moments to straighten and collect himself, he doubted the others had heard Khala, but he did, "Um, please forgive us, if we had known there was a Dragon kingdom, we would have invited you to our talks." He said in a truly contrite tone, after all, it was common knowledge to never irritate a dragon.

Khala turned to him and shook her head in slight panic, this was not a representative of a kingdom, this was the voice of THE Dragon God.

"I represent no kingdom," Jayda told him, only just keeping the humour from her tone.

Arnold took a breath and nodded, "Okay, then, may I ask what business you have with us?"

"I am an Apostle," Jayda told him to clear up the misunderstanding a little. Many of the royals went pale, an Apostle was more dangerous than a Dragon depending on the God they served. "I am the Dragon God of Creation's voice." She told them all and watched the dread turn to full blown panic. "I was asked by my patron to come and speak with you on behalf of the other Gods and themselves."

Arnold ran nervous fingers through his hair, the being before him wasn't just an Apostle, but the Apostle of the strongest God of all. "Then please, allow us to hear your message." Arnold told her respectfully and gestured for last few people to retake their seats, once they had sat, he finally sat.

Jayda held out her clawed hand, a scroll appeared in it, then she opened it, "The Dragon God of Creation decrees for the last time. Know this and spread my words, there is no superior race, you are all equal. Those countries and religions who continue to believe in racial superiority, in blanket discrimination based on race will find the Gods turning their backs on your country and those people." The scroll glowed and vanished a new one appeared.

Jayda opened it, "The Goddess of Light decrees, her blessing and attribute will not work in the country of Elysium, Elysium are being idiots and do not deserve her light." Jayda glanced up as the scroll glowed and vanished, a new scroll appeared in her hand, she opened it. "The Dragon God of Death writes, be lucky it is just an army of undead you idiot and that I only unleased a single Grimm on you for all the extra work you are forcing on me."

Jayda closed the scroll, tapped it against her left hand and glanced up, "really, you sent me all the way here, to air your grievances?" she asked as the scroll vanished in her hand and a new one appeared in it. She opened it, "The Goddess of Life writes, Yes, we are getting angry, just relay our words."

The scroll vanished and a new scroll appeared which she opened, "The Goddess of Adventurers decrees, I am getting tired of my people being forced into lives they do not want, enslaved by being made noble, caged because you want their power. Matt, the new rules you implemented here, tell the other Adventure Guild masters to implement them across the world, start sanctioning countries who break the new rules, if they continue, pull out of those countries until they correct their behaviour."

Matt stood and bowed, "It will be done, with pleasure." He said firmly and with a grin, with their own Goddess's orders he was positive they could finally put their foot down.

The scroll vanished and a new scroll appeared. Jayda opened it, "..."

"What crimes, we protected them," The Leaf Tree king started to say, having finally gotten some of his bravado back.

"You used us!" Khala interrupted as she jumped to her feet, "You made us wear collars of subornation, you made us kill for you!" Arnold, who was beside her, grabbed her forearm and gave her discrete shake of his head, this was not the time to get into verbal fights, a little more pressure on her forearm indicated for her to sit again. Once she was seated, he released her.

A new scroll appeared on top of the scroll that was still open, it opened on its own, "The Dragon God of Death writes, be lucky it isn't me who gets to decide your fate you, pompous arse, shut the fuck up and sit down. Khala... your ancestors are proud."

Khala closed her eyes, the ancestors were proud of her, they knew of their plight what they were forced to do, yet still they were proud.

The scroll on top vanished allowing Jayda to continue, "Right, The Dragon God of Creation decrees, Leaf Tree, after much consideration, for the crimes you and your ancestors perpetuated against the Dark Elf race, your line will end, no child will be conceived, from this day onwards until your line dies out. Nothing you do will stop it, any adopted to your line will have the same fate, nothing you do, no manner of redemption will make me change my mind. I know what you did, all that you and your ancestors did, for this crime, you and yours do not deserve to exist for what you've done."

The scroll vanished and a new one appeared, Jayda opened it, "The God of War decrees, all Barbarians will get a health and strength buff when encountering Elysium soldiers, this will end when Elysium pulls out of the countries it has invaded and apologises to the Barbarians for trying to turn them on each other, for trying to use them to further your petty plans of domination."

That scroll vanished and a new one appeared, she opened it. "The Dragon God of Death decrees, the army of dead marching across Elysium will stop, vanish completely, once you return to your original borders, the ones you had a hundred years ago before your families, thoughts of grandeur strayed you from the path of an honourable noble. That being said, the army will stop only once your back within your borders, and you've signed binding non-aggression treaties with your neighbours, until then, they will continue to attack Elysium soldiers, Elysium interests. This is non-negotiable." The scroll vanished.

A new scroll appeared, Jayda opened it and frowned. "Really?" she asked before she sighed, "Okay, the God of Contracts declares, all slaves except for criminal slaves in Elysium are now free. Innocent people are not property. In fact, you know what, I am tired of my crests and magic being used to enslave innocent people, all non-criminal slaves in all countries are now free. Innocent people will no longer be able to be enslaved using my crest and contracts, I will not allow it." The scroll vanished.

Several leaders went pale as they realised that slavery as they knew it was about to end.

A new scroll appeared, "The God of Contracts declares, the new rules for the use of the slavery brands will be imparted to all those with the Slavery and Contract skills, failure to obey these new rules will result in people losing my skills and my blessing! This will also include what rates as a criminal and what kind of slavery brand can be used." The scroll vanished and a new one appeared. Jayda wanted to glare at the Gods she thought as she opened the scroll.

"The Dragon Goddess of the Celestial Heavens writes, I am angry, I want to rampage, can I destroy Elysium, the Holy Kingdom and Leaf Tree?" Jayda stated, the scroll vanished, and a new one appeared, she opened it. "The Goddess of Adventurers writes, Only, if I can come." That scroll vanished and a new one appeared which she opened, she wanted to growl at her family. "The God of War writes, count me in I haven't had a good fight in a while." the scroll vanished, and a new one appeared. Jayda took a moment to glance around the room, the royals were all in various states of fear because if they remembered their history correctly the last time the gods moved like this, the ruination happened. A healthy dose of fear was definitely something that some of these idiots needed to be reminded that they were not on top of the social ladder for this world.

She opened the new scroll that had appeared in her hand. "The Dragon God of Creation writes, the last time we rampaged because of injustice it caused the Ruination, we will not repeat that, at least at this time, but by all means, keep making us angry and you'll understand why when one of use moves, the whole world quakes." The scroll vanished; a new scroll appeared in her hand.

Jayda sighed and opened the scroll, "The Goddess of Life writes, I personally think we shouldn't just scold the bad countries... you know who you are and if you don't, you'll realise quickly as people with blessings will start to lose their blessings. We should also be commending the countries who are doing the right things. Ashford, Golden Sands, Etela and Gourma, heck, even the Barbarians, thank you for being an example of good countries to live in."

Jazmine smiled pleased that she wasn't amongst the scolded, her ancestors had worked really hard to make their country a good place to live and to make sure they did right by their people. She couldn't say her country was perfect, but she was confident that she was working towards what the Gods wanted.

The scroll vanished; Jayda waited to see if a new scroll would appear, but none did the gods were done with their scolding. "The gods have no more to say to you. I will, however, use my authority as the Head Apostle to add my own warning. The Gods have released their apostles into the world, do not assume you can hide from us as we walk the world of mortals, we will see everything, hear everything and report everything back to our patrons, we will see you, you will not see us, unless we wish you to. Some of you must change your ways, or their rage will erupt."

Jayda turned to Khala, "You need to speak with your niece."

Jayda then gathered magic around her and vanished only to reappear in her home. Marline was sitting next to Kai; she had come to visit only to notice everyone watching a Shadow Mirror so had joined them to watch what was going on.

Marline watched in shock as the Apostle's form morphed into Jayda, "You, your..."

"How about we wait until later and I explain it to you all." Jayda stated.

"Me too?" Leeanne asked as she was curled up beside Cait and had been watching as well, she had thoroughly enjoyed watching the dressing down, although she didn't understand when Cait laughed and said it was a like a streaming group chat.

"You, Matt, the king and queen, Tomas and Marline..." Jayda corrected. "Heck Ingrid and Khala too."

"Beginning to make sense though," Leeanne remarked and turned to Cait. "That's why you have a Dragon God blessing on your back, you're an apostle too?"

Cait nodded, "Celeste, the Dragon Goddess of the Celestial Heavens is my patron however, we can talk about that later." Leeanne nodded in understanding.

"So did you enjoy the show?" Jayda asked.

Zo grinned, "That was so much fun."

"For you maybe." Jayda told her.

~*~

Ingrid walked into the sitting room several hours later, she glanced around the room for a moment as there were people she hadn't met before in the room. She ignored them and went straight to the dungeon rum and poured herself a glass. "I want to punch things." She told the room.

"If you want to fight someone," Jayda started to say.

"I can't fight the Shadow, I'm not an idiot like that fucking Elven king and that Empire twat." Ingrid stated before she took a gulp and winced as the strong liquor burnt her throat, even after the Apostle had left it hadn't stopped the two idiots from being idiots. Seriously, the gods had directly scolded them both and they still had not taken any responsibility!

"Here, Honey Ale," Khala told her as she put a small barrel up with the other drinks.

"Where did you... forget I said that." Ingrid gave the rum to Astra and poured herself a mug of ale.

"I was going to recommend the guards," Jayda finally finished, the last thing they needed was antsy Barbarians.

"So, I take it the first day was shit?" Astra asked trying to keep the grin from her face.

"We had a fucking Apostle appear," Ingrid explained, "But not just any Apostle... no, it was the Dragon God of Creations Apostle. They essentially came to scold almost everyone, but it didn't stop the idiots."

"The scheduled event for tonight was postponed, so that people could think about the message." Khala explained.

"Yeah, why did you kneel before the Apostle and why did it know your name and told you to speak with your niece." Ingrid asked.

Khala grinned, "You really are like Astra."

Ingrid gave her a slightly disgusted look. "Don't lump me with that weirdo."

Astra snorted in amusement.

Matt walked into the room followed by Tomas, Jazmine and finally by the King and Queen. "Sorry about this." Arnold told the War Horses, he wanted to speak with those he trusted and question Khala in privacy, the best place for that, was here. Two people were referred to by the Apostle outside of the scolding, Khala was addressed twice, and Jayda was mentioned, these two people were personally known to the Apostle, and he needed answers.

"It's fine we have plenty of food and alcohol." Jayda told him. "So, interesting day today?"

Arnold glared at her a little as he stalked over and poured himself a mug of Ale. "Khala, mind if I ask how, you knew the Apostle was an Apostle?"

Khala glanced around, wondering if she could share this with them.

"I think Ingrid is the only one who hasn't signed a Dark Elf race secrecy contract," Astra remarked and got nods from the others.

"Sign me up," Ingrid said as it was easiest, essentially Íss Vargr considered all Dark Elves as kin, so she had no issues keeping their secrets.

A contract was quickly produced by Leeanne as she had already taken time to write up all the contracts that would be needed tonight. Ingrid quickly read it and pricked her thumb to press it to the paper.

"Before we go further, I have a contract for everyone to sign about keeping everything we talk about tonight secret." Leeanne added as she handed the paper to the nearest person who hadn't already signed it, there were already eight thumb prints on the document. In less than ten minutes the contracts were signed, and everyone had settled into chairs with drinks.

Katie knocked on the door, she paused to let them stop talking before she walked in, "Tofa says dinner will be ready in two hours, so I brought snacks and next time give her more warning, she's ranting in there." Katie brought in the snacks before she turned and left the room shutting the door firmly.

Jayda flicked her fingers sending magic to the walls to seal the room. "Remind me to apologise to Tofa later."

"I can give her honey and honey mead as an apology," Khala stated.

"Please," Astra stated, and Ingrid nodded, angry Barbarian cooks were not fun.

"Okay... we are missing two people?" Kathryn remarked having done a head count against the number of thumb prints.

"Yeah, don't mind them they are in my shadow at the moment." Jayda answered.

Khala frowned for a moment and realised Matt, Arnold, Kathryn, and Ingrid were focused on her.

"So," Khala took off her left arm band and showed her inner wrist and the dragon that was there, white lines stood out on her dark skin. "This is why I knew first that the Apostle was a dragon and that they were an Apostle, because, this mark, is the Dragon God of Creation's mark. He, claimed all Dark Elves as his."

"It was either him or Hydes," Jayda declared as she crossed her legs and settled further back in her seat. "My father decided that it wouldn't be fair on Dark Elves to be claimed by his brother the Dragon God of Death, so claimed them for himself."

There was silence for a moment as people had to think on what she said.

"Wait... your..." Jazmine started to say.

"The Dragon God of Creation's daughter... yeah." Jayda stated.

"So... your Wilding race is," Matt said trying to catch up, although he knew the answer, he didn't want to hear her actually say it.

"Divine Dragon." Jayda answered. Matt had a little mini freak out, he had begun to suspect she might be a dragon, it was either that or she was a nine tail, but no, she wasn't just a dragon, she was a Divine dragon.

"And you were the Apostle?" Arnold asked as it made sense that Jayda be her own father's Apostle and Jayda nodded, confirming his question.

"Yes," Jayda answered.

"But..." Jazmine started to say, "You didn't look like you." She said as she gestured to Jayda's body.

Again, Jayda nodded, "It is called Apostle regalia or Apostle form, we become the 'voice' or 'embodiment' of our patron." She waited but there was silence, so decided to just get it over with. "Hands up, who bears the title, apostle in this room." Jayda asked and the five War Horses raised their hands.

"Apostle of the God of War," Frey explained as she dropped her hand.

"Apostle of the Goddess of Adventurers," Astra continued before she dropped her hand.

"Apostle of the Goddess of the Hunt," Mia added as she dropped her head and curled further into Astra's body.

"Apostle of the Dragon Goddess of the Celestial Heavens," Cait finished as she dropped her hand and rubbed it against her thigh, it still didn't really feel real, that she was an Apostle.

There was silence as everyone digested what they had just been told. Zo and Kai chose this moment to come out of Jayda's shadow.

Marline shivered, "That never gets less creepy, just throwing that out there," she remarked as the two women were in their Grim regalia. She had watched them put on Grim regalia before vanishing. Both turned back their hoods then reached for the masks which made them look like living skeletons and removed them exposing their real faces and the fact they were Dark Elves.

"These are Ancestors Kai and Zo, they work for my uncle Hydes as Grimms," Jayda introduced. "And just so that everyone is on the same page, Khala is my biological mother's sister, which makes us both direct descendants of Kai."

Kai grinned and sat next to an awestruck Khala and Zo perched on the arm of the chair next to her.

Ingrid chuckled, "I thought my ancestor being a Dire Wolf was amazing, instead, I have a clan mate who is a Divine Dragon."

Jayda grinned, "Yes. So, questions?" Jayda asked.

"So many," Kathryn stated. "Why hide what you are?"

Jayda sighed, "Apostles for the most part live normal lives."

"Not that," Kathryn told her, she had met an apostle before, back when she was a child, she had met the Apostle of Nature. "I met Elle when I was a child, so I knew apostles were out there."

"Elle's fun, a little too interested in eating poisonous plants for my liking," Jayda remarked.

"I know right, she offered me hopping mushrooms, I would have been hallucinating for days if I hadn't realised what they were." Kathryn remarked sharing her own weird experience with the Apostle. "No, I mean, why hide that you are a dragon?"

Astra groaned, "Dumbest smart person."

Matt chuckled.

"Have you ever met a dragon?" Frey asked. "I nearly pissed myself when I first met Aqua as she was being friendly, kind of, she did size me up for being with her niece, but my legs felt like jelly."

Astra nodded, "Dragons are scary."

"I didn't want to intimidate everyone I met, I am very good at masking the fact I am a dragon, most high tier dragons are." Jayda explained.

"Prove it," Ingrid taunted then suddenly wished she hadn't. It wasn't killing intent, but it suddenly felt extremely hard to breathe, the edges of Ingrid's vision started to go dark, as suddenly as it was there it was gone. Ingrid took a deep breath, she realised that she wasn't the only one affected, in fact only the War Horses and Dark Elves were completely immune. Even Leeanne who was for some reason immune to fear around strong beings had felt a little uncomfortable.

"And that wasn't even half a percent of her power." Astra remarked.

"Hey, why didn't it affect the Dark Elves?" Arnold asked after he wiped the cold sweat from his brow. She wasn't even being aggressive, and it had nearly knocked him out. He didn't ask about Leeanne as he was already aware of her weirdness when confronted with dangerous monsters.

The three women lifted their left arm and showed the dragon on their inner wrist, they didn't understand why they hadn't been affected, the only thing they could think was they were subordinates of a dragon God. Hydes had been grumpy when the Ancestors didn't get the claim mark and went and voiced his grumpiness to his brother who quickly corrected the situation and extended his claim to the Ancestors, they still worked for Hydes though.

"Hey, can I ask, why are the Ancestors so tall?" Tomas asked, all of the Dark Elves he had met were around Jayda's height, maybe a little taller or shorter but the two Ancestors were closer to Cait's height.

"Originally all Dark Elves were our height," Zo answered, "however, over time, once our progeny left our dungeon they started to shrink."

"Wait, dungeon? huh?" Jazmine asked but she wasn't the only one to have a confused look.

Jayda took a deep breath and quickly explained how Dark Elves came to be and how they got out of their dungeon of origin.

Leeanne frowned, "Wait... so... Dark Elves are Monsters, right?" she asked, the only one to make the connection on their own.

Kathryn's eyes went wide as she hadn't considered that, that because they were created by magic they technically fell into the realm of monsters.

The Dark Elves all nodded. "Technically yes," Khala answered aloud. "We can't cross breed, there will be no dark elf halflings and we don't evolve like normal monsters."

Kai leaned closer to Cait, "Which makes me wonder, as a Green Ogre, you are like us, a Monster race, you can't cross breed, yet you are a Green Ogre and a High Elf."

"I am Wildling, although you are not wrong," Cait answered, she had five siblings, two sisters who were Green Ogres the others were elves. Everyone turned to Jayda.

"Yeah, talked to dad about that, he said that Cait could be like Dark Elves, created by the Dragon Vein or magic. she exists because it wanted her to exist, because she, as she is currently, is important enough to exist." Jayda answered and Cait smiled a little bashfully.

"That or the Dragon Vein didn't want yet another Inheritor to go mad, that it wanted or needed their knowledge to remain in the world for whatever reason." Zo added. "Again, meaning that the Dragon Vein considers her important."

Arnold frowned, "You talk like the Dragon Vein has a conscious. It thought it was just the means for mana to travel and be dispensed to the world."

Jayda nodded, "That is its main purpose, to distribute mana. It does have a conscious, however not in a way we might know or even be able to comprehend. My father created our world using the power of the vein, but he was created by the Vein. So, you could say the Vein created my father with the clear intention for him to create the world."

"Is there a God of the Vein?" Kathryn asked.

Jayda shook her head, "To the best of my knowledge no, but I could be wrong."

Arnold frowned, "Hey, you could have told us all this earlier?" he questioned.

Zo grinned, "You aren't that good an actor and we needed your reaction to an Apostle showing up to be genuine."

Arnold considered Zo for a moment. "No, you're right, if I had known that was coming, I wouldn't have been able to keep the smirk off my face."

"I know I am right," Zo said with a grin, "I may not be an Apostle, but I am blessed by the Dragon God of Time, most seers are blessed by the Goddess of Destiny and have downgraded version of the Seer skill, foresight."

~*~*~*~

Ericson stood in a sparring ring with one of the War Horses guards two days later, every morning since the opening party he came for early morning practise. Jayda had promised that the guards were used to sparring with Ingrid, Astra and Fray, and as long as he pulled his punches she would see if she could teach him anything. So far Jayda had corrected some of his stances and how he stood.

Coming here to spar with Jayda's people was the only way he had been able to manage his frustration. The conference other than the first day had turned tedious. The Barbarians had been deemed justified by the other rulers for their actions against the Empire, the fact a God had buffed them because of the Empire's blatant interfering added to the justification. But it didn't stop the main two idiots being idiots because they were trying to retain some of their pride.

Jayda stopped him, "Keep your knees bent during the beginning of this move, it will help you add power because when you follow through your legs will instinctively straighten."

Ericson nodded and practiced the move, he had hoped that Jayda would help him with his axe skills, instead she said she would help him with his brawling. When he complained to Ingrid who was getting help with her axe skills, she had told him it was how Jayda started. First, she started with the body and how you moved, get you used to moving a better way before touching weapons. She had added that even this would be enough to change and improve the way he fought with his axe.

Ericson had then decided to just trust the process and he was right to do so, already he was beginning to see improvements with his spars against people who had been receiving Jayda's training for a while now. He thought he would be able to dominate these guards, he was bigger and stronger than them. It was only after being beaten by guards that he realised his size meant nothing without the correct techniques, techniques that Jayda was teaching him.

He had even had a chance to spar with Khala who was staying in the house and had instantly regretted it as Khala seemed to simply dance around him even as she landed her blows. After their spar, Khala and Jayda had sparred and watching it had his blood running cold and he realised that Khala hadn't even considered him a serious sparring partner, she had simply humoured him. If all Dark Elves were like these two, their reputation was not exaggerated.

Jayda checked the time, "Okay that's enough." She told the guard who nodded and left to get cleaned up. Jayda walked over to Ericson. "Remember, you have a whole body, move it." She told him as she showed him a few moves which showed how she twisted her body and threw her entire weight into her move without compromising her footing or overbalancing. Ericson nodded and for ten minutes he practised the moves Jayda had just shown him, she corrected him a few times until he finished the movements correctly.

"Good, come on, get cleaned up and ready, breakfast will be soon." Jayda prompted and Ericson smiled.

"The best part about coming here for training," he said as they moved into the house.

Twenty minutes later Ericson walked into the informal dining room, cleaned and dressed for another day of dealing with high strung rulers. He sat and waited with the others for a few minutes before Tofa walked in followed by maids, Tofa started to serve a hearty porridge while maids put out breads, soft cheese, fruits, nuts, spices, preserves and honey.

Khala grabbed a slice of soft bread, she spread some soft sheep cheese on it before she drizzled a little honey on top, she lifted it and took a bite. Ericson quickly copied her as he had learnt the first day that the combination somehow worked.

Khala nodded thanks to Tofa who handed her a bowl of porridge, she put down her bread, and swallowed as she reached for the berry jam and dumped a spoonful into her porridge and mixed it though. Once her porridge was ready, she started to eat.

Ericson had never added things to his food, if a cook gave him something he ate it, as is. It wasn't until the second breakfast that Tofa had told him to adjust the porridge to what he preferred, she knew the base, the porridge was perfect to be eaten as is, however, that didn't mean he couldn't add to it. He had then watched the others as they ate, Ingrid liked to add honey and nuts, Jayda liked to add fresh berries and honey, Astra added berries and nuts to hers, Khala liked to add jams, Frey liked to add only nuts, Mia liked to add spices and more milk and finally Cait liked to add nuts and spices.

Ericson had asked if he could try some of the other combinations and they had all offered him their bowls for him to have a taste, a maid handing him a new spoon for each taste. After tasting each of the dishes he came up with his combination spice, honey and nuts. He ate happily with the others; glad he had asked to come here to train.

"So, looking forward to today." Jayda asked and Ingrid glared at her.

"No." Ingrid told her.

Tofa walked back into the room and handed both Ingrid and Ericson a full snack bag, inside was two types of jerkies, one was a simple meat jerky the other was a salmon jerky. Ericson smiled, "Thanks Tofa, you know, I am sure I would have attacked someone if not for this jerky."

"Good, also let me know about the salmon jerky, I am playing with the type of sugar, this batch is made with birch sap not honey." She told the pair before she walked off.

"Altering a recipe?" Ingrid questioned a little surprised, once Barbarians had figured out something worked, they tended to stick to it.

Jayda chuckled and pulled out a bag of salmon jerky, "This is made with soy sauce and maple sap."

Khala stole the bag and stood, "Mine." She said before she raced off and Jayda chased after her.

Ingrid smiled as she watched the back of Jayda leave the room, "I see she is starting to accept her aunt and uncle."

Astra smiled, "Yeah, it helps that they don't try to parent her, she has parents and is very much grown. No, they are just trying to be in her life, to be there for her when she needs them, help if she asks. They've also been helping her get more in touch with her Dark Elf heritage."

Ingrid nodded, "Good."

Khala ran back into the room and moved to the far side of the table, Jayda ran back in and glared at Khala as she pulled out a piece of the jerky and put it in her mouth, she groaned as she chewed. "So good."

"Yes, and that is the last bag, it's mine." Jayda told her firmly, she had everything else but one key ingredient to make more.

"You can make more," Khala told her as she pulled out another piece and put it in her mouth.

"No, I can't, we don't have any maple sap." Jayda told her in a little dismay.

Khala closed the bag, "Why didn't you say so, I can get you more, there are maple trees in our dungeon."

Jayda shook her head, "No, it needs to come from the Clan lands. They don't taste the same."

Ingrid held up her hand to help prevent a fight, "Just the sap, not the syrup?" her clan boiled down the tree sap into a syrup to use for sweetening things and brewing.

"You have some?" Jayda asked as she turned to Ingrid.

"Yeah of course." Ingrid stood and went to her room, a few minutes later she returned with her magic bag. "How much do you want?" she asked.

"All of it, both types." Jayda answered.

Ingrid thought for a moment, but she was living here on their hospitality, so she pulled out six barrels, four contained unrefined sap, two contained the syrup. The barrels vanished into Jayda's inventory.

"Thank you, I will make sure you get some of the jerky I make." Jayda said before she ran off to start making the jerky.

"Hey, what does it taste like." Ingrid asked Khala.

Khala offered a piece and Ingrid took it and put it in her mouth, she groaned as she chewed.

"Yum." Ingrid told her and Khala nodded. "She said soy sauce, right?" she asked and Khala nodded. "If I get you salmon, would you trade for soy sauce?"

"In a heartbeat." Khala told her knowing her clan mates would go nuts for this jerky.

"Yes," Ingrid said happily.

"Give us a taste." Ericson asked and Khala handed it a piece which he put in his mouth and chewed, the salty sweet flavour filled his mouth and had him wanting more.

"I'll trade with your clan to get some once you've figured it out." Ericson told Ingrid who nodded.

Katie walked in, "Excuse me, don't you have a conference to attend?" she asked the three in question and they all got up.

"Could you return this to my room?" Ingrid asked a maid as she handed over her magic bag and they nodded and watched Ericson, Ingrid and Khala leave the room.

~*~*~*~

Jayda walked into Matt's office the next morning; Matt groaned when he saw her. "Jayda please I don't have time for this."

Jayda waved him off, "Not a problem," she told him as she sat.

Matt sighed as he leant back in his chair. "Okay, why are you here?"

"I've been having a look at some of the things in the Ancient structure." Jayda told him.

"I thought it was agreed, we weren't touching anything in that building until the Empire is back in its borders, licking its wounds, and pretending the world didn't just kick its arse." Matt told her.

"Yeah, however I wanted to have a full catalogue, to give Cait a chance to figure out what would be best for our world," Jayda said, and Matt had to agree, Cait's inheritor knowledge would help them figure out what in that tool research facility would be useful.

"Okay, I guess you found something that couldn't wait." Matt stated and Jayda nodded.

Jayda pulled out a device and put it on the table.

Matt looked at it for moment but recognised it immediately, "Jayda we have Identity Card makers."

Jayda shook her head, "This is an updated model, according to the notes, it makes an Advanced Identity Card." She explained.

Matt became more interested in the new card maker. "Have you tried it?" he asked Jayda.

"No, but I investigated the formations, it is similar to the one Alpha uses, it should give a more detailed status," she answered.

"Similar to what you see when you use your dragon eyes?" Matt asked and noticed that Jayda wouldn't quite meet his gaze. "Jayda." He said sternly.

"Technically yes, only Dragons can see in levels, basic which is what appears on current Identity Cards, intermediate is probably what this card maker will show and then advanced which is a lot of information." Jayda explained.

"But you said technically." Matt said, since learning Jayda's secret he had gone back over their conversations and realised Jayda was always careful with her words.

"Yeah, I didn't think there was a level above Dragon Eyes, all the gods I know all have Dragon Eyes, I have God Eyes now and trust me, I thought advanced Dragon Eyes was too much, it is nothing compared to the first time those eyes activated, I gave myself a headache." Jayda explained.

Matt studied the machine, "Does it take our current blank cards or was there another machine there that could make cards?"

"According to the notes the way the cards are made cannot be improved, only the formular that gets imprinted on the card with the unique magical signature of the owner can." Jayda answered.

Matt stood and quickly left the room, he returned a few moments later with a new blank card. "I am assuming it works the same way?" He asked and Jayda nodded. He sat at his desk, pulled out his current card and broke it using a special pair of clippers, it was common knowledge you couldn't have two registered ID cards, only one. It was also why the cards locked once they had been away from the magic it was bound to after a certain amount of time, to allow for new cards to be made if lost or stolen. He pulled the card maker forward. Placing the blank card in position, he pricked his finger, held it over the crystal and watched the blood drop onto the crystal. It glowed for a moment then settled, Matt sucked on his finger for a moment.

He took a deep breath and pulled out his new card and looked at it, "Oo, this is nice," Matt said as he touched his card and the information screen opened before him.

"How so?" Jayda asked, as curious as she was, she would never go over and look at his card, it didn't matter that she could use appraisal magic, it was simply good manners.

"I can tap on my skills, and it can show me the skill tree, there is also an information section, what's this." He tapped on a tab and frowned, "it's blank. But it looks like it is something exclusive for your job."

"Perhaps you should talk to the other guild masters, sign them to secrecy and explain where it came from and get them to play with their own new cards." Jayda suggested.

Matt considered her for a moment and nodded. "There is nothing planned for tomorrow morning so we can do it then, but can I get Cait to come by today, get a new card and have her play, see if any of the new functions make sense to her."

"Makes sense." Jayda stated.

"Thanks." Matt said and glanced up as there was a knock on his door, "Enter."

Leeanne popped her head in, "Times up, go to the palace." She told him and frowned as her eyes landed on the machine. "What's that?"

"An advanced Identity Card maker." Matt said as he closed his card and stored it. "Cait will be by to get a new card from this machine so she can explore it, it has some functions that are new to me."

Leeanne nodded, "Inheritor's knowledge, anything else I should know?"

Matt nodded, "I will have the other guild masters here tomorrow morning to talk about the viability of upgrading to this version."

Leeanne nodded, "I will make sure there are morning snacks and that the conference room is ready and that the secrecy contracts are prepared."

"Thanks Leeanne." Matt said as he grabbed some papers and went to leave, Jayda followed him out.

~*~*~*~

Leeanne pinned up a few new requests on the board a few days later, strong arms wrapped around her and lifted her up, the scent of salt, leather and pitch filled her nose. "Ivor," she said with a grin as he put her back on her feet. She turned in his arms and hugged him.

Ivor was definitely Leeanne's type, even for a barbarian he was on the larger size, standing seven feet three inches, broad shoulders and solidly built. His brown hair was braided back although he had a close shaven undercut because he had far too much hair. Honey brown eyes danced with amusement, the rest of his face was obscured by thick facial hair, the bushiness of his hair and beard he had all inherited from his Bear Wildling ancestors.

"My love," he told her.

Reaching up she grabbed his braided beard and tugged him down to kiss him. "How long are you back?" she asked once she broke the kiss.

"A couple of days, here to pick up the Chieftain and get him back to his ship, then we are joining a fleet to raid down the Empire's far coast." He explained as his eyes focused on a hickie on her neck, catching her chin he tilted her head aside. He grinned as he leant down and nipped at the hickie that was relatively fresh. "You taking care of your needs?" he asked, generally when he was away Leeanne either went without sex or if she was extremely horny, she would turn to professionals even though he had told her she was more than allowed to get herself a lover. Although he loved the fact that whenever he came back to her, she would jump his bones.

"Yes," Leeanne told him, and he smiled.

"Oi. Stop making us single people envious," a man complained.

"Yeah," was chorused by several others.

Leeanne grabbed his hand and walked him out the back to her office.

"So, you finally found a professional who meets your..." Ivor started to say, he knew Leeanne had a specific type and most professionals didn't meet tall and strong.

"Actually," Leeanne started to say as she shut her door.

Ivor grinned, "You got yourself a lover." He stated as he lifted her onto her desk and trapped her against it.

Leeanne sighed, Astra and Frey had basically given her an idea of the teasing she was going to get. "Yes," she told him. "Her name is Cait."

"Cait, I want to meet her, make sure she is treating you right, when I am not around," Ivor told her, and Leeanne grinned as she had pretty much guessed her pair would want to meet her lover.

"I'll let them know we will be there for dinner." She told him before they started to make out, Ivor groaned as his hands started to roam over her body.

There was a knock on the door, "Leeanne, I thought we had an agreement, no sex in the guild." Matt said through the door.

Ivor chuckled, "That's new." He told her, Leeanne blushed, there were a couple of times when she had dragged Cait into her office to scratch her itch.

"It's not locked," Leeanne told him, and Matt walked in.

"Ivor!" Matt greeted, "How long are you back for?"

"A few days, then I head back out." Ivor answered as he stepped away from Leeanne. "So, do you know Cait?"

Matt grinned and nodded, "Yes, she's made our lives much easier."

"And I told you years ago, I am not good at paperwork, and you still pressured me to be your sub master." Leeanne told him angrily.

"Then I really want to meet this woman," Ivor told him with a slightly teasing tone, Leeanne had never been too comfortable with the idea of a lover and yet, now she had one.

"You'll like her and as much as Leeanne complains, she's ahead in her work. So go, I will let Cait and her party know you two are coming over for dinner." Matt told the pair, in fact Leeanne was far ahead in her work, Cait had helped calm her down, she wasn't always grumpy and irritable.

"Thanks," Ivor said as he scooped Leeanne up and flung her over his shoulder before he walked off.

Matt chuckled as he went to organise for Ivor to meet Cait.

~*~

Astra and Frey sat on Cait's bed and watched as Cait paced, she was having a mini freak out. She had not been expecting to meet Ivor, Leeanne's pair but Matt had sent word that Ivor and Leeanne would be coming for dinner.

"Will you just calm down," Astra told her. "So, what if Ivor wants to meet you, he's Barbarian, it is socially acceptable to have a lover, more so if you're off a Viking. If Leeanne were with his clan, he would already know you so it wouldn't matter but generally pairs and lovers, get along, no jealously."

"It is also insurance, a way of protecting the pair if anything were to happen to the other pair," Frey added thinking that Cait should know the other reason why having a lover was encouraged in Barbarian culture. It wasn't uncommon for one of a pair to die while out a Viking, the lover would hopefully help keep the other pair from unravelling and potentially orphaning any children.

Ingrid walked into the room, "Why are we in here?"

"Cait is going to meet Leeanne's pair," Astra answered.

"And my pair knows all three... four of my lovers," Ingrid stated as she sat next to Astra.

"Yeah well, she's freaking out." Frey remarked.

"Why?" Ingrid asked. "You love Leeanne, he loves Leeanne, she loves you both, in Barbarian culture being paired to more than 1 person isn't uncommon, if I could make up my mind, I would probably pair to one of my lovers, heck, might pair to them all."

"But I am not Barbarian," Cait told her.

"Neither is Leeanne, however, I fully intend to make you clan the moment you lot come to visit. You and Mia, so start learning, you will be Barbarian, unless you choose not to be." Ingrid told her.

Cait gave Ingrid an angry look, "Of course I want to be clan."

Ingrid grinned pleased, Mia was a given, she was with Astra they were essentially paired, but Cait wasn't and there was no way in frosty waters she wouldn't try to gain Cait as a clan mate. "Then get used to Barbarian culture, now as your Jarl, go meet your lover's pair."

Cait turned and left the room, the three barbarians chuckled. "Dinner is going to be fun tonight if Cait can't relax." Ingrid stood and followed Cait, Frey and Astra followed her.

Ingrid grabbed Cait and stopped her from going into the sitting room. "You are going to be Íss Vargr. We... have a reputation for being bad arses, do not show this man you are scared to meet him. You shouldn't be, you have a foot on him, and you could probably break him like a twig."

Cait took a deep breath and nodded, she turned and opened the door to the sitting room. Leeanne was at the bar getting some ale, Ivor was looking at some of the trophies in the room, impressed when he realised what monsters they came from. Jayda was seated comfortably, just waiting for the others to join them.

Cait walked in followed by the others.

"There you are Ingrid, how was the conference today?" Jayda greeted.

"Two more days, then I can finally go back to my ship." Ingrid said as she sat next to Jayda and sighed.

"So, not enjoying Southerner's version of diplomacy." Jayda asked.

"Needs more people throwing punches. They dance around their words like young boy's flirt, badly." Ingrid continued.

Astra chuckled as she made herself comfortable.

"Ale Ingrid?" Cait offered as she walked over to the bar with Leeanne.

"Please." Ingrid answered.

Ivor turned and took half a step back as he noticed Cait next to Leeanne, his eyes scanned over Cait and knew instantly the tall Green Ogre was Leeanne's lover. She had a thing for tall and strong and the green skinned woman was the biggest in the room and looked extraordinarily strong. After staring for a moment, he joined Leeanne.

"Ivor this is Cait, Cait this is Ivor." Leeanne introduced, since they had spoken about her pair before she didn't feel the need to state his relationship to her.

Ivor offered his hand and Cait greeted him like a Barbarian would. She had seen Astra, Frey and Jayda greet other barbarians enough to know how to do it.

"Yeah, Ingrid has already claimed me as an Ice Wolf." Cait explained.

Ivor grinned pleased, "Good, you belong with us Barbarians."

Cait smiled, "Ale?" she asked before she handed a mug to Ingrid.

"You'll like it, it's honey ale," Leeanne told him.

Ivor nodded and watched as Cait poured him a mug and handed it to him. She then moved to a large bottle and poured herself a tumbler of mead. "What's that?" Ivor asked.

"Honey mead," Leeanne told him.

"Water that shit down if you want to drink some." Ingrid warned.

Cait moved to sit in her favourite chair, she loved living in this house because it had furniture that actually fit her body. She tried not to pay attention too much to Leeanne and Ivor, she didn't quite know how to react, usually when Leeanne was here, she kept an eye on her or was as least always aware of her. Ingrid was right when she said Cait loved Leeanne, it may have started as sex relationship, but it had quickly morphed into something more than just sex friends, they spent time together, went out for meals, did more than just sleep together when they had needs.

"Oi, move over," Leeanne told Cait and Cait shuffled over to the far side as it looked like Leeanne and Ivor were going to sit here. Cait offered to take Leeanne's mug and Leeanne handed it to her and boosted herself into the lounge built for Cait's personal use. Once Leeanne was up Ivor handed Leeanne his mug, he was fairly sure he could get into the larger seat without much difficulty, but he didn't want to slop his drink all over the place in the process.

When both Leeanne and Ivor settled Cait returned Leeanne's drink and Leeanne returned Ivor's.

Ingrid chuckled into her drink, Leeanne was snuggled between her pair and her lover. Ivor grinned, he understood that Southerners had a vastly different lifestyle, they generally only had one partner at a time so understood that Cait wasn't quite sure how she was meant to be with him around. Even Leeanne hadn't known, he just told her to do what she wanted, he would adjust to her, but he warned her she shouldn't ignore her lover just because he was here.

"The trophies are amazing," Ivor stated.

"Yeah, Jayda is good at dismantling." Astra remarked.

Ivor smiled, "Such a thrill, being in a room with Astra and Frey."

Frey rolled her eyes, she understood they were famous, some of their exploits were legendary but she didn't understand the fuss.

"Yeah, the fame isn't really worth it," Astra told him, "We had to leave home to keep our clans out of the strife."

Ivor glanced to the two women beside the two Barbarians, "Yeah but if you hadn't left you wouldn't have met Jayda, Mia and Cait."

The other two women considered him for a moment then nodded, that was true.

~*~

Cait woke the next morning with a slight groan, she didn't want to wake up, there was a body curled up beside her and a heavy arm on her stomach. It took her a moment to remember that Leeanne and Ivor were both in her bed. Nothing had happened between them; Ivor hadn't listened to their warnings and had downed a horn of mead and then had passed out drunk.

Cait had agreed to let Ivor into her room, Leeanne had apologized but Cait waved her off, they couldn't put him in a guest room because he didn't have a security band on, and Jayda didn't have any spare materials at the moment to make him one. Cait had carried him up to her bed and Leeanne had settled her pair in with Cait's help. Cait then got into sleepwear and offered Leeanne a shirt to sleep in.

Leeanne was wedged between Cait and Ivor; Cait closed her eyes to sleep but the arm on her stomach moved and poked her. Turning she noticed Ivor was awake.

"Bathroom?" he asked gently, his head was throbbing, and his mouth was dry, and Cait pointed to the door. Carefully he got off the bed and went to the bathroom before he crawled back into bed and cuddled up to Leeanne. Cait slipped from the bed and went to the toilet before she too returned. Once she had settled Ivor threw his arm back over Leeanne's body and rested his arm on Cait's body and they both went to sleep some more.

Leeanne woke a little later when there was a knock on the door, "WAKEY, WAKEY, HANDS OFF SNAKEY!" Frey yelled through the door; Cait had not activated the sound proofing so sounds could be heard if they were loud enough.

Ivor jerked into an upright position, "Aye Skipper," he called back, he then realised that he wasn't on his ship, he was in a house. He heard muffled laughter through the door, "Fuck you Frey!" he called before he flopped back onto the bed and groaned in pain.

Leeanne crawled over Cait and dashed to the bathroom. Cait got to her feet and was kind of glad that the normal problem she had of morning wood when Leeanne slept over wasn't present today. She walked over to the bathroom door and waited for Leeanne to leave so that she could go. When Cait left the bathroom Ivor walked in take care of his morning's needs.

While Ivor was in the bathroom Cait and Leeanne quickly dressed and then sat to put their boots on. Ivor walked out with a groan and squinted his eyes, "Leeanne, Love, please."

"Oh no, we warned you more than once to water down the Honey Mead, but did you listen to us." Leeanne told him angrily, he had promised her a night of sex, instead she had to deal with his past-out arse. "I had to ask Cait for permission for you to sleep in her room, had to ask her to carry you up here." She continued to admonish her pair.

"Please," Ivor begged as he dropped to his knees before his love, it felt like his heart was in his head, throbbing.

"Come on," Cait said feeling sorry for man, over the night she had relaxed around Ivor, he hadn't shown any anger at her about her being in his pair's life. He made it easy to like him as he did his best to ease both his pair and her lover into the cultural norm of Barbarians. "Even Ingrid didn't listen to us when we first warned her about the mead, and she was standing when she passed out." She told Leeanne.

"Thank you, Cait, you are a good woman," Ivor said appropriately knowing that Leeanne wanted him to apologise to Cait not to her right now, his apology to her would be done later and would involve lots of sex. For the moment he would conform to Southerner social norms, no Barbarian would thank a lover for helping, it was simply a part of their culture. However, Leeanne didn't know that; her mind was still that of a Southerner, but he was hopeful she would change.

Leeanne sighed, "Seriously, I am beginning to think you only chased me..."

Cait and Ivor both gave Leeanne disbelieving looks, they had not chased her, she had chased them!

Leeanne glanced between them correctly reading their looks, "Alright fine, I chased you, but I am beginning to believe the only reason you paired to me is because I could heal you."

"I paired to you because I love you," Ivor told her and sighed as Leeanne placed a hand on his head and healed his hangover. "Thank you, thank you," Ivor told his love in relief.

Cait finished putting her boots on and stood, she stretched and waited for Ivor to dress, Leeanne had a guest band, she couldn't be an escort for a guest without a recognition band. When Jayda had given Cait her band, she had explained how it worked, there were four types of bands, ruler, commander, staff and guest. Jayda as the creator had the ruler band, party members had the commander band, staff had a staff band and guests had a guest band. People who didn't have a guest band had to be with someone who wore a ruler, commander or staff band or the security system would be set off unless they were in a designated area. Ivor needed to stay near Cait, or he would set off the security system.

"Hurry up, get dressed," Leeanne told Ivor.

Ivor nodded and started to pull his outer clothes on, once that was done, he put on his boots. He stood and smiled at Cait. "I'm hungry let's eat."

Leeanne huffed at him and as a group they went down to the informal dining room to eat.

"Bitch," Ivor said the moment he saw Frey, he didn't really mean it but still, it was an embarrassing way to be awoken, she smiled as she chuckled.

"Don't," Cait said before Astra could open her mouth to tease her and Ivor. Astra went to open her mouth, "I will thump you using my whole strength."

Astra closed her mouth, Cait had a decent attack stat that she could now reinforce with non-attribute magic and her strong-arm skill, if she combined them all she could actually hurt Astra.

"Fine," Astra remarked just as Tofa walked in with food.

Ivor sat and smiled as he was given a large serve of porridge, Leeanne was given a serve more appropriate for her size. Ivor glanced around as he watched people add to their food before they started to eat, even Leeanne took a moment to add fruit and milk to her porridge, so Ivor simply copied her since she was used to eating breakfast here.

"Hey where's Ericson?" Cait asked as she ate.

"He said he wasn't coming this morning yesterday; he will come this afternoon since there isn't an event tonight. So, there will be a full Barbarian spread tonight." Jayda explained and Cait nodded.

Ivor was interested in what would be for dinner, but he didn't ask to join them, it would be safer for him to just stay with Leeanne, at least then he would be able to take care of her. Once breakfast was consumed Cait and the others escorted Ivor out.

"Oi, aren't you forgetting something?" Ivor asked Leeanne as they came to the gate.

Leeanne paused for a moment, wondering what he was going on about, it took her a moment before she realised what she was forgetting, she usually gave Cait a kiss goodbye. She turned, raced back to Cait, and jumped into her arms; Cait caught her easily and lifted her, so they were face to face. "Forgot to say goodbye." She told Cait as she wrapped her arms around Cait's neck and kissed her thoroughly. "And thanks for last night," Leeanne told her when she broke the kiss.

"Is cool," Cait told her before she lowered Leeanne back to her feat, "go be with that man of yours." She told Leeanne as she turned her and then gently slapped her on her arse to get her to move. Leeanne raced back to Ivor and together they left.

Ingrid smiled, "See, you really are fit to be a Barbarian." She told Cait before she turned to the guards. "So, who wants to spar?" she asked as today was going to be a later start to the conference, so she had a couple of hours. She got panicked looks from the guards, they had been sparring with Ingrid since she got here and realised the Jarl was a skilled fighter, skills that were still being trained and refined by Jayda.

~~~

Next Update: 18/2/2024

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46 1 10
A 10 part Story starting with Dark Wings ending with Elemental Wings
93 63 46
Have you ever wondered what is left out of our childhood bedtime stories? Could it really be the utopia that our narrator promised us? Or just anothe...
59 7 14
Thyra has never been normal. Since birth, she has been trapped in her house and restricted with everything. Her parents don't let her get hurt, espec...
146 6 25
When Jay's trip to prison is derailed, he finds himself with two fellow outcasts. The life they build together is repeatedly threatened by forces tha...