Into the Shadows of Arcadia

By Anonymous-ones

Changelings are all over Archadia but what if they had more influence on the trollhunter's journey? (Trollhun... More

Prologue
Becoming apart 1
Wherefore Art Thou, Trollhunter 1
Wherefore Art Thou, Trollhunter 2
Gnome Your Enemy 1
Gnome Your Enemy 2
Waka Chaka 1
Waka Chaka 2
Win lose or Draal 1
To Catch a Changeling 1
To Catch a Changeling 2
Adventures in Trollsitting 1
Adventures in Trollsitting 2
Bittersweet Sixteen 1
Bittersweet Sixteen 2
Young Atlas 1
Young Atlas 2
Recipe for Disaster 1

Becoming Apart 2

52 0 0
By Anonymous-ones

Jim wakes up the following day on the ground in the basement. He quickly calls Toby.

"Toby, you will not believe what happened to me last night."

"I kinda can't right now, Jimbo."

"I am freaking out I need someone to talk to."

"Ok"

"So last night I heard a noise in my basement, and I thought it was raccoons."

"Hold on a second, Jim. OWWWWW, yeah, I am gonna have to call you back."

Jim goes to talk to Strickler and finds that he can't fully tell him everything as he is leaving, though Strickler sees the Amulet in his bag, and his eyes glow gold.

Jim goes back home and contemplates the day he has had. He stares at the amulet. Why were those troll things here? Was this all really happening? Why did it feel so wrong looking at that pile of rock in the canal? What did this all mean?

The amulet glowed, and he walked outside. He read the incantation, and the armor appeared. He was the new troll hunter.

Back in the canal. Strickler walked up to a shadow in the dark with glowing yellow eyes.

"You lost it."

"The offe went and smashed himself."

"It's no matter I believe that I know who the amulet chose to be its new champion."

Jim road to the dentist office the next day.

"Don't go in there he's with a patient."

"Tobes the most incredible thing happened last night."

"Jim can't this wait?"

"I already waited till morning who goes to the dentist twice in a row."

"ALLAHGA"

"What"

"He said he wants to get these braces off before I am thirty."

"Well, how long is this going to take?"

***

"8 hours, I can't believe it took 8 hours."

"Two molars, plus insertions and clean up. And My face still feels numb."

"Ok Tobes you're not going to believe this. For the Glory of Merlin Daylight is mine to command."

Jim gets the suit.

"Oh my gosh, dude, this is awesome. You have been given this special ability."

"That's what they said."

"Oh my gosh, you have to use this to better all mankind. You have to use this to kick Steve's butt."

"Seriously I show you glowing armor and a sword that could only be magic and that is what you think I need to do?"

"Yeah, wait, what did you mean about what they said?"

"Well thats the part I hav been freaking out about."

Blinky nocks on the Door and Knocks it over and him and Aaarrrgghh come inside. Toby loses it.

"Master Jim I knew that the amulet would call for us sooner or later."

"Wait it called to you."

"Well, no, we have been spying on you."

"Spy on you"

"From a safe distance."

"Oh my gosh!"

"Master Jim you told him about us?"

"Yeah, is that bad?"

"Master Jim us trolls have gone to great lengths to keep our existence hidden from your kind as not to cause mass panic such as..."

"Oh my gosh. Jim, there going to attack us."

"Quite on the contrary. Your friend here is the Trollhunter meant to protect."

"Protect like a superhero? Can I be his sidekick with a cool super name like Deathblade or Snippersnake? Also, Trollhunter?"

"Wait, wait, wait, who would I be protecting?"

"Well, us and humankind from bad trolls."

"So he's like a."

"He is the Trollhunter! It's a mantle passed down from troll to troll for centuries. Never once had it picked a human before this momentous occasion."

"Wait, so who was the troll hunter before me?"

"Kanjigar the courageous was his name."

"And, like did he retire."

"No, he was Felled"

"What is that?"

"Turned to stone and smashed. Kanjigar the Courageous was his name. Brutally slain by a ruthless troll named Bular."

"Don't worry, dude. This Bular guy probably just got lucky."

"The evidence does not suggest that. Bular is a formidable opponent."

"Then the other guy, he was just off his game or something, right?"

"Doubtful. Kanjigar was perhaps the most alert and able of all the Trollhunters."

"But not the best, I'm betting."

"Oh, the very best. Many songs and sagas have been written about him."

"Uh, I think what my friend here is a little worried about is, if this-"

"Bular."

"Yeah, I got it. If Bular could defeat Kanjigar..."

"Smash to pieces."

"Then what's going to happen to Jim?"

"A most appropriate, if troubling, query, Tom- Tobias! Of course, we would never expect Master Jim to engage in battle without the proper training."

"See! Nothing to worry about. Now how long does the training normally take?"

"Oh... Decades"

"And... how long do I have?"

"A day or two."

"So Master Jim, are you ready? We should begin your training, immediately!"

"Uh, it's a school night."

"I assure you the relevance escapes me."

"I'm fifteen. I have to stay home and study, and stuff- do homework? I can't be out y'know, Trollhunting?"

"... Because?"

Toby and Aaarrrgghhg start to explore the rest of the house.

"Well the whole getting killed by a vicious troll named Bular might be a deal breaker!"

"Dude, He eats VHS's!"

"Deal breaker?"

"I don't want to die!"

"Goodness gracious, who does!"

Jim gets out the amulet and turns it over in his hand.

"Maybe you should take this back."

"The amulet called to you, Master Jim. It chose you. It is your-"

"Please don't say destiny."

"-Sacred obligation!"

"Or that."

"You cannot refuse it, you cannot give it back. It is yours until you die."

"And I would like to get a little further past puberty before that happens!"

"Master Jim, you are now responsible for the protection of two worlds, the human and troll alike. If you do not keep the balance, evil trolls like Bular will come into yours and wreak havoc!"

"You're saying this "Bular" could hurt people?"

"Like you."

"Not helping!"

"What's he talking about?"

"With the amulet now in your possession, Bular will seek you out, and you will face him one way or another."

"Maybe what Jim needs is a little time to process all of this Y'know, you laid a lot of heavy stuff on him tonight."

"Fine, fine. We shall return tomorrow, then, to begin your training!"

"Awesome-sauce!"

The trolls start to head out the back door. As Aaarrrgghh struggles to get through with Toby Blinky goes to talk to Jim.

"Master Jim, if I may... destiny is a gift. Some go their entire lives living existences in quiet desperation, never learning the truth that what feels as though a burden pushing down upon our shoulders is actually a sense of purpose that lifts us to greater heights! Never forget that fear is but the precursor to valor. That to strive and triumph in the face of fear is what it means to be a hero. Don't think Master Jim... become!! Would you at least consider?"

Jim gives each of Blinky's hands a fist bump and Blinky heads out the door. And he and Aaarrrgghh disappear into the forest.

"They're pretty stealthy. How's that? I bought you a night!"

"A night?"

"Dude, you're the one who's always talking about "wanting adventure", and "something more"! Well, wish granted! So trolls are a thing, who knew?"

The next day Toby and Jim are heading back home. Toby is going on about how Jim got the role of Romeo and how that is going to help his chances with Clair.

"Dude, that was amazing! You were amazing! I'm amazed at how amazing you were!"

"I can't believe that that just happened."

"And did you see how that chiqita was looking at you? Your armor totally did you a favor!"

"I dunno, I'm still getting the hang of it."

"The multi-eyed guy said it reacts to your emotional state. The armor turns on when you're in distress!"

"But I wasn't in distress back at school."

There is a ROAR coming from a street.

"But I am now!"

"Trollhunter, Merlins creation, Gunmar's bane!"

"I think he's talking to you..."

Bular roars again, but as he tries to leave the shadows, his hand gets hurt.

"Look! He's afraid of the sun!"

"Not for long!"

"The amulet! Surrender it, and I will give you a speedy death!"

"Doesn't know how to negotiate this guy!"

Bular lunges at them and they cycle away at high speeds. They try and hide from him behind a parked truck.

"Armor up, armor up. Armor up! Please! Now! FASTER!"

"For the glory of Merlin, daylight is mine to command!"

The amulet glows, but nothing happens.

"It's not working!"

"For the glory of Merlin, daylight is mine to command. Seriously! It's mine to command! I'm commanding here!"

"Centuries of Trollhunter's, and I will have killed two in almost as many days!"

"HE'S GOOD AT MATH!"

"GO! GO! GO!"

"They cycle off as Bular throws the truck at them."

"Flying Truck!"

"INCOMING!"

"I'LL FLAY THE FLESH FROM YOUR BONES!"

"I LIKE MY BONES THE WAY THEY ARE THANKS!"

"Head down Delancey!"

Jim and Toby change their course and just narrowly avoid another flying vehicle. Bular continues to chase them

"Behind Stuart Electronics!"

"You know I can't fit there!"

"You can fit!"

"I CAN'T!"

"You've been on a diet, remember?!"

Jim easily slides down a narrow alley between two buildings, while Toby proceeds to get stuck.

"I can't fit! I can't fit! I can fit! I can fit, I can fit! I'm fitting! YAY, diet!"

They manage to escape Bular

"Look at me. Look at me! We're not dead, right?"

"Aha! Master Jim!"

"Bular's trying to kill us! He chased us all over town!"

"And you're still alive! I knew you had potential, Master Jim!"

"You have a sweet voice, but you bring death with you!"

"You guys can fight him right?"

"I could not hope to posses the skill to defeat Bular!"

"What about him? He's big!"

"Pacifist."

"Seriously?"

"Man, such a waste of a hulking brute."

"Thank you."

"This is why there is a Trollhunter, Master Jim Aaarrrgghh renounced the violent path ages ago!"

Suddenly, Bular appears, snarling.

"Follow me! We'll be safe in Heartstone Trollmarket!"

Bular knocks down the power lines and disrupts Toby.

"Oh no!"

Aaarrrgghh manages to catch him and Toby grabs hold of the fur on his back. Bular is temporarily slowed because he caught his leg on Toby's bike.

"Master Jim! Don your armor!"

"I've been trying! The amulet won't listen to me!"

"Did you speak the incantation?"

"I've been incanting the crap out of it and it's not working!"

"Just focus and incant dude!"

They reach the dried up canal. Toby, Blinky and Aaarrrgghh go down the whilst Jim gets the amulet out.

"For the glory of Merlin daylight is mine to command! For the glory of Merlin daylight is mine to command! For the glory of Merlin daylight is mine to command!"

After the third try, the amulet works and equips Jim with the armor, just as Bular reached him. Bular hits him and he goes flying but the armor protects. 

"Ah... Nope."

He tries to run, only to be blocked by Bular.

"Use your sword Master Jim!"

"I'll drink your blood out of a goblet, made of your skull!"

"Pound him like a meatloaf, Jim!"

Jim strikes Bular with his sword, only for him to block it.

"We must work quickly! Open the portal, the horngazel!"

Aaarrrgghh uses the crystal to draw on the wall under the bridge, and open a portal.

"Woah!"

"Master Jim! Master Jim, come on!"

"I'm a little busy here!"

"You are not fit to wield the amulet! I'll tear the armor off you, along with your skin!"

Jim dodges one of Bular's swords. He tries to hit Bular with the sword, but it gets stuck in his arm instead.

"Come on, come on! Let's go Jim!"

Before he could get through the doorway, it closed and the amulet was deactivated.

"Oh no."

Bular throws his swords at Jim but misses. Before Bular can get any closer, the portal quickly reopens and pulls Jim in.

"He nearly- We nearly- He- Almost"

"What? Speak Master Jim."

"HE ALMOST KILLED US!!"

"Almost! A very important word! A life of almost is a life of never."

"Why'd the armor suddenly shut off?"

"Master Jim, you are the first human to possess an amulet crafted for trolls. It's to be expected it's behavior will be unexpected."

As they walk, the stairs light up

"This way masters, this way."

"Woah! Are you sure we're safe in here?"

"Indeed the incantation forbids entry to Heartstone Trollmarket by Gumm-Gumm's, such as Bular. They are the most fearsome of Trolls."

"Gumm-Gumm's?"

"Scary ones."

"Okay, wait. Wait. So Bular can't get in here right? Into Heartstone Trollmarket?"

"No Master Jim."

He faces Jim and Toby to look at the center of Heartstone Trollmarket.

"Woah."

"This is the world you are bound to protect! This is Hearthstone Trollmarket!" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.4K 1.7K 65
This is my first OC and I've never written anything like this before. I hope you like it, and I will admit, there are most likely some mistakes, and...
24.1K 970 79
Aaarrrgghh(Trollhunters) Fanfiction Book One Of The Silence Series 'I won't be a helpless bystander while someone I love is in danger! I made an oath...
4.4K 98 17
On the way to school, Jim and Raelle's life would be different when they take a shortcut through the canals with their friend Toby and discover an am...
9.2K 198 16
What if Strickler had been there the whole time? What of Jim's dad left and he was a baby? What if Walt married Barbara? What if Jim wasn't the tr...