This is it, the Apocalypse

By BeccaOkelley98

Riley and Skyler are sisters. There mom insists on them going for a walk to get out of the house they had bee... More

Chapter 1 (edit)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapeter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 41

85 3 3
By BeccaOkelley98

"Wait did you say Haley?" I said shocked. This could be Joshes Haley I was so excited and started freaking out. Calm down Riley it might not even be the same person.

"Yeah" she said looking at me strangely.

"Uh nothing um you go to the bathroom I'm gonna go get some rest but when you wake up in the morning come over to the room next to the main one in the far corner my family's over there and I want to talk to you about something" I say smiling wide she probably thinks I'm crazy but I don't care if this was Joshes Haley they could be together again.

"Okay" she says giggling awkwardly.

"Night" I say waving before skipping quietly to the end of the hall then tip toe threw the room of sleeping people until I get to me sleeping bag.

"Hey" I whisper before kissing Axels cheek.

"What are you so happy for?" He says pulling me close to him as I rest my head on his chest and hold his free hand.

"I think I found the girl Josh is looking for" I say giggling quietly.

"Really? That's great, now can we talk more about this in the morning I'm tired" he says yawning cutely.

"Yes babe love you" I say giving him a quick peck on the lips.

"Mh I love your kisses" he says moaning softly and snuggling in to me closing his eyes.

I just smile widely and fall fast asleep to the beating of his beautiful heart.

I wake up to a room full of strangers all talking quietly I look up at my group as they slowly start getting up.

"Morning" I say looking up in to Axels eyes I could never get tired of.

"Hello beautiful" he said kissing my forehead.

"What do you think is going to go on today?" I say slowly detaching my self from Axels warm embrace.

"I.." but before he could speak we were inturpted by Haley.

"Good morning love birds" she says smiling blushing lightly.

"Hey Haley?" I said questioning her as I remembered what happened last night.

"Oh my god Haley Hey!" I said more excited sitting up.

"Come sit down here" I say patting the floor next to me.

"Um there's someone Id like you to see, but I don't know how you'll react so I'll be right I'm gonna go look for them" I say smiling widely at her standing up slowly.

"I'll be back soon" I wondered around quickly looking threw the room at all the guards none looking like Josh. I went out in the hall nothing I started to wonder down the maze section Josh brought me to last night.

Nothing I couldn't find him. I exhaled loudly to myself turning back to the room.

"Riley you ok?" I hear a soft voice behind me.

"Josh" I said excitedly running up to him flinging my arms around his shoulders.

"What's up?" He says giggling slightly.

"Oh sorry" I said pulling my self off him awkwardly.

"There's someone Id like you to see and don't get your hopes up I'm not sure if it's the right girl but I didn't want to be the one to tell her" I said probably not making any sense at all.

He gave me a confused look, I just smiled.

"Follow me" I said before walking quickly back to my corner of the room.

"Slow down what's this about... Haley?"he says as we approach our destination in shock.

"Josh?" Haley says standing up with a similar look of shock.

"Yes yes yes" I whisper to my self.

"Oh my god" Haley says before jumping on top of him hugging him tightly.

"Haley babe" he says smiling widely squeezing her tight.

"Thank you" he mouths to me before spinning her around.

"Now go one you too go talk" I say shewing them away smirking at them both.

"Thanks Riley" Haley says wraping an arm around Josh's waist.

"What was that about?" My mom asks getting up as every one starts folding up there's sleeping bags and cleaning up there area.

"Nothing I'm just a matchmaker is all" I say exhaling in to a smile.

"Okay lover lady clean up were supposed to hear a message about something in a little while" my mom says pushing me out of my day dream.

"Fine" I say sticking my tongue out at her.

I fold up my stuff sticking every thing in my bag besides my jeans and Axels coat that I quickly changed into putting away my pj bottoms.

Everyone in our room was cleaning there little camps and the officers began ushering people in to the main room to get a meal before we heard the announcement.

I got in line with my groups as we waited for some oatmeal and a piece of toast.

We all got our food and sat at the tables out side were they had the bonfires going on the night before.

We were surrounded by a 25 ft barbed fence wrapping far around this huge building with guard towers set up with the highly armed soldiers on top watching and some on the ground looking out.

I was very secure, but yet something still felt off and I was gonna find out.

As we were eating a tall man with grey buzz cut hair an Army uniform with lots of medals and cords on his uniform. Altogether looking very important came up to the podium close by the building with a microphone.

"Uh hum" the man says clearing his throat into the mic.

"Hello ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to Camp Charlie I am General Walters leader of this camp as you all may or may not know we have had a viscous infection break out among our people of the east coast. I under stand all of your losses and the struggles each and everyone of you have had to go through and on behalf of the US government I apologize on the delay there has been on getting help to the people. This has taken the whole world by shock. Now we and glad to say that we were able to quarantine the areas of infection and prevent future spread we have also found a cure so we are going to be sending all of you to a safer place after quarantine and then we will be able to cure the ones that remain in the areas and then hopefully we will be able to get back to normal" he said in a strong voice not pausing for moment.

What I was hearing wasn't making me happy for some reason I felt like this guy was lying I could read people and this guy didn't feel right.

"How do you plan to cure people?" I say standing up as everyone goes completely silent.

"Excuse me" the general guy says over the mic everyone's eyes on me.

"Riley sit down" my mother says behind me.

I just ignore her waiting for an answer.

"That is classified information little girl" he says giving me an evil smirk.

"Really? I think we deserve a little more information for people that have suffered so much. Now how do you plan to cure our loved ones who are DEAD" I say smirking back at him crossing my arms.

"Sir" I say after full of attitude I knew I was getting to him.

"Yeah" some people in the crowd stared joining me. Everyone begins to get louder as I just held eye contact with the General.

Suddenly two men went up on stage whispered a little to him and then headed towards me.

"That's enough for today" he says grabbing his notes standing up straight.

"Riley you've done it now you and your big mouth" my mom says lecturing me the two men get closer.

I give Axel a big kiss and whisper something in his ear.

"Ma'am your gonna have to come with us" one of the solders said to me looking down at me.

"And why is that" I say again crossing my arms.

They then force fully grab my arms putting them behind my back cuffing me.

"Never been in cuffs we should try this Axel" I say laughing throwing my head back, but then give him a reassuring look.

"Get your hands off my daughter" my mom yells running to me but Axel pulls her back and keeps her from doing anything as she thrashes in his arms I wink at them as the soldiers drag me into the building the hole time I stared smiling at General Walters trying to get into his head.

I was finally gonna figure out the truth and I was gonna get my family the hell out of here.

OMG that's the end forever!!! JK I have a sequel I will be updating it ASAP. And it's gonna be freaking awesome I'm so excited this was my first book and it was so much fun to write but I hope you expect more drama love and zombie deliciousness in 'Painted Red' the first few chapters should be up the time you finish!! And thank you all for the love and support please vote comment and share. Loveya- Becca 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.1K 1.2K 26
1 girl, 4 boys. A bond thicker than blood. Riley has no memories before the age of 16 due to a horrific accident. When she goes to college, she (r...
229 55 48
In a world shattered by fate, Erik fights to survive the aftermath of an abrupt apocalypse. After nearly a year of solitude, he's a lone wanderer - u...
280 21 8
In the remnants of a world reshaped by cataclysm, survival is dictated by a harsh new rule - the survival of the fittest. Amidst the ruins, society h...
2.6K 89 8
(DISCONTINUED. REWRITE IN PROGRESS) The year is 2050. The world has gone to hell. Everywhere you look, it's just ruins and devastation. It's so fucki...