The Hybrid's Wife

By ROYAAAAAA123

Ash Mikaelson. Original vampire. The Hybrid's wife. She has been by Klaus' side for almost 1000 years before... More

Chapter 1: Bringing out the Dead
Chapter 2: Dangerous Liaisons
Chapter 3: All my Children
Chapter 4: 1912
Chapter 5: Break on through
Chapter 6: The Murder of One
Chapter 7: Heart of Darkness
Chapter 8: Do Not Go Gentle
Chapter 9: Before Sunset
Chapter 10: Flashbacks - Chicago (1920) and England (900s)
Chapter 11: The Departed
Chapter 12: Growing Pains
Chapter 13: The Rager
Chapter 14: The Five
Chapter 15: The Killer
Chapter 16: We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes
Chapter 17: After School Special
Chapter 18: Catch Me If You Can
Chapter 20: Into the Wild
Chapter 21: Down the Rabbit Hole
Chapter 22: Stand By Me
Chapter 23: Bring It On

Chapter 19: A View to a Kill

199 6 1
By ROYAAAAAA123

REBEKAH'S HOUSE

[Stefan wakes up with a sleeping Rebekah's arm around him. He slowly removes her arm and gets out of the bed. He quickly puts his clothes on with vampire speed, trying to sneak out. He puts on his jacket and opens the door to see Ash and Klaus.]

Klaus: Leaving so soon?

Ash: Ugh! This makes me nauseous.

[Rebekah angrily puts her robe on.]

Rebekah: This is my place, Nik, and I don't appreciate you invading my privacy like some kind of creeping Tom. [Smiles] Hello Ash, love to see you.

Klaus: Well, I apologise for breaking up this sordid little tryst, but I do have some urgent business. Or have you forgotten – our paranoid brother Kol is running around with the white oak stake and homicide on the brain?

Rebekah: He tried to kill me last night. I didn't forget.

Ash: Neither did we. Don't worry Rebekah he won't harm you again. I love Kol but no one hurt my Rebekah. Right Klaus? You'll protect Rebekah?

Klaus: Yes, well, unfortunately he seems to have absconded with my set of daggers.

Rebekah: Oh, poor Nik. How ever will you get your way without your precious daggers? They were so handy when you wanted to end a conversation with one of us!

[Ash laughs loudly and gets an irritated look from Klaus.]

Klaus: Kol's irrational fear of Silas has pushed him over the edge. We need to put him down before he does any more damage. Now, I know you have the last dagger, and I know you have some white ash, so hand it over.

Rebekah: Mhm, and leave myself unprotected? You can file that request under 'no chance in hell.' Be gone by the time I have showered. Lurkers aren't welcome here.

Ash: Wait-

[Rebekah leaves.]

Ash: -Rebekah! [Turns to Klaus] This is your fault.

Klaus: Prey tell love? How is this my fault?

Ash: If she trusted you she would have just given us the dagger. [Klaus sighs]

Klaus: [He turns to Stefan] I need that dagger, Stefan. Talk some sense into her.

Stefan: Why don't you talk some sense into her? I'm headed home to play prison guard to Damon. He's on lockdown ever since Kol compelled him to kill Jeremy last night.

Klaus: You see? That's my point exactly. If you let Kol roam free, then Jeremy won't live to see his junior prom, and we can kiss our map to the cure goodbye. But if you help me dagger Kol, Damon will be uncompelled, Jeremy will live, and we'll all be on our merry way to a human Elena.

[Stefan leaves]

Klaus: Last night? Weren't you and Kol with Damon last night? Don't tell you you had a part to play in Damon's compelling.

Ash: No. Of course not. I would never. Rude of you even to assume.

Klaus: Oh well, it doesn't matter now. How about we go visit Damon, hmm love?

SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE

[Damon is still in the cellar, looking weak. He hears footsteps and sees Stefan.]

Damon: You coming to snap my neck again? Because I woke up feeling completely un-murderous, and I'm pretty sure that it's safe to set me free.

[Stefan throws a vial of blood towards Damon.]

Damon: Oh man? You practically bled me dry. At least spring for a bag or something. I'm thirsty.

[Stefan sets a water bottle between the bars of the door.]

Damon: Not exactly what I had in mind.

[Damon gets up, groaning, and walks over to grab the water bottle. He sees Klaus standing on the other side.]

Klaus: Hello, mate.

Damon: What the hell are you doing here?

[Klaus smiles.]

Klaus: Babysitting.

Damon: Oh.

Stefan: Give him a vial of blood every couple of hours, so he doesn't desiccate. If he gets too much strength back, or if he just annoys you, bleed him out again.

Damon: Silent treatment, huh? Is that your best shot? [to Klaus] He's still pissed at me for sleeping with Elena.

Klaus: You sure about that? 'Cause I saw him trying to sneak out of Rebekah's bed this morning, which would suggest to me that he's moved on.

[Stefan sighs.]

Damon: Well, well. Looks like my brother ripped out a page of my revenge-sex handbook.

Stefan: Well, why don't you two enjoy your little, uh, villain bonding time? I'll let you know when I get the dagger from Rebekah.

[Stefan leaves.]

Damon: Soooooo.

Klaus: [Sighs] Must we indulge in this, what do you call it? Small talk. Can't we just sit here in silence?

Damon: Yeah, no... Where's wifey?

Klaus: She has her mind set on convincing Kol to let this go before I dagger him. I told if she could convince him, I'd let him go.

Damon: Do you think she can?

Klaus: If anyone can, she can.

[Stefan is walking down a hallway of his house when his phone rings. He stops to look at it; it reads "Elena". After hesitating, he decides to answer it.]

Stefan: Damon's fine. I locked him up with all the creature comforts he deserves.

Elena: That's not why I called. Kol just tried to kill Bonnie.

[Stefan walks out the front door.]

Stefan: What? Is she okay?

Elena: Yeah, she's just shaken up. She managed to hold him off, but Kol seems pretty intent on murdering everyone who's looking for that cure.

Stefan: Yeah, Klaus has me trying to convince Rebekah to give up her dagger so he can take care of Kol.

Elena: I don't want to just dagger Kol. I want Jeremy to kill him.

[Stefan looks back at the door, and then revs up his motorcycle, creating noise to cover their conversation.]

Stefan: What did you just say?

Elena: Bonnie has all this crazy new power. She thinks she can hold him long enough for Jeremy to get a clean shot.

Stefan: And then what, huh? Ash, Klaus and Rebekah will kill every one of us out of spite. They may be dysfunctional bickering lunatics, but they stick together no matter what.

Elena: That's why you need to find the dagger and use it on Rebekah. She can't come looking for revenge if she's lying in a box.

Stefan: Yeah, I can't do that.

Elena: I know you can't because vampires can't use the dagger, but Matt can. It's not like she doesn't deserve it. And Bonnie thinks that she can get Ash and Klaus out of the picture, too, at least temporarily. Once we get this cure, none of this will matter because we can use it against them.

Stefan: All right, fine, but how do you plan to lure Kol in?

STREET

[It's night-time. Kol is walking down a street listening to Ash talking about how he should let this whole Silas thing go when his phone rings.]

Kol: Sorry Ash, I was really enjoying our conversation but I must take this.

[He answers it, and the shots alternate between Kol walking down the street and the inside of the Gilbert house.]

Kol: Hello Jeremy Gilbert. Nice to see I'm still on your speed dial, mate. Hey, you want to meet up at the batting cages in Denver?

Elena: Actually, it's Elena Gilbert.

Kol: What a treat. Yeah, I was just thinking of all the clever ways I could have your brother killed, but I'd settle for ripping off his illustrated arm instead.

Elena: I need to talk to you – in person.

[In the background, Matt and Jeremy are preparing weapons.]

Elena: I wanna call a truce, in the name of Silas.

[Kol stops walking.]

Kol: You want to talk about Silas?

Ash: [Whispers] Don't trust her, she's a snake.

Kol: [To Ash] ]Hush now, I'm still mad at you. [To Elena] Go on Elena.

Elena: I'll meet you wherever you want. I'll come to you.

Kol: I'll tell you what. How about I come to you?

[The doorbell rings. Everyone turns in surprise. Jeremy cocks his gun and points it at the door. Ash and Kol are outside. Ash is not happy.]

Kol: If you want a truce, open the door and invite me in.

[Elena is slightly flustered by the unexpected turn of events and looks around for her next move.]

Kol: I'm waiting. Let me in and let's talk truce.

[Elena takes a blackboard down from the wall.]

Kol: Hello?

Elena: Wouldn't that be kind of stupid to invite you in?

[She starts writing on the board.]

Kol: On the contrary, I can't kill your brother with my own two hands, or I'll suffer the hunter's curse and spend the next 20 years trying to off myself in gruesome ways.

Ash: Let's leave Kol. This feels fishy.

Kol: Hush.

Ash: I swear if you tell me to hush one more time, I will rip your tongue out.

Kol: [Mockingly] Ouch.

[Elena shows what she wrote on the blackboard to Matt: "Help Stefan find dagger. I deal with Ash". He nods and leaves out the back door.]

Kol: And I've heard that vervain's back in town, so I can't compel you to kill him either. So I think it's fair to say you're semi-safe, for now.

[Elena has erased the board and written a new message for Jeremy. She shows it to him: "Get out. Get Bonnie".]

Jeremy: [whispering] I'm the only one that can invite him inside.

Kol: He's right, obviously.

Ash: Koooool! Let's go home. I have some cookies in the-

[Elena goes and opens the door for Kol.]

Kol: You'd think being alive for over a thousand years would teach me some manners, but I couldn't resist stopping by.

Elena: If I let you in, my brother goes. You're not getting near him.

Kol: Fair enough.

[Elena looks back at Jeremy and nods. Jeremy nods.]

Jeremy: You two can come in.

[Jeremy leaves through the back door.]

Kol: No gold medals for bravery, I see.

[Kol puts his phone in his pocket, and it gives Elena a view of the white oak stake, which is stashed in an inside pocket of Kol's jacket.]

Kol: So...this is the part where you offer me a drink so we can have a proper chat.

Ash: Yes, I'll have some bourbon.

[Elena nods and makes way for Ash and Kol, then closes the door.]

[Later on, Ash and Kol are playing a video game, and Elena walks up behind him with a bottle of alcohol and a glass of bourbon for Ash.]

Elena: Sorry, I had to dig up the old people alcohol.

[Kol turns around and pauses the game. He begins to walk over to the kitchen.]

Kol: Yeah, that's the problem with people today. They have no drinking imagination. Turn-of-the-century New Orleans – now, they knew how to make a drink.

Elena: You lived in New Orleans?

[Ash visibly flinches. Kol puts a comforting hand on her shoulder.]

Kol: We all did, till Niklaus shoved a dagger in my heart.

Elena: Why? What did you do?

Kol: What makes you think I did anything? Has your alliance with my brother softened you to his horrors?

Elena: I don't have an alliance with Klaus. We had a mutual interest in finding the cure – that's all.

Ash: Had?

Elena: Yes. And I'm willing to give up looking for it if you promise to leave my brother alone. [Kol doesn't reply, and Elena picks up the mixer.] Now, can you teach me how to make this?

[Elena slightly smiles and Kol takes the mixer.]

Elena: I'll get some ice.

[Elena watches as Kol pours something into a glass and Ash laughs. She opens the refrigerator and pulls out her phone. She has a message from Jeremy that says 'Trying to find her. KEEP KOL AND ASH THERE.' in response to her message "He's got the stake. Where is B? Can she hold two originals?". She gets something from the fridge and closes the door. Ash and Kol are standing right next to her, startling her.]

[Elena is holding a bowl of ice, and she offers it to Kol.]

Elena: Here you go.

Ash: Would you like one?

[She hesitates.]

Elena: Sure, why not?

[Kol puts the ice in the drinks.]

Elena: You two are really good at that game. Definitely considering you've been locked up in a coffin for a hundred years.

Kol: [smiling] I'm a quick learner. Speedy reflexes. [Turns to Ash] Don't know how you're beating me though.

Ash: I don't even know what that game is. I just press the buttons really fast and win. Anyway the real thing is much more thrilling isn't it?

Kol: Yes. [Kol turns to Elena. Elena looks up.] You've killed, haven't you? Or are you one of those Mary Sue vampires?

Elena: I've killed. Once. I'm guessing your number's a lot higher than mine.

Kol: You lose track over the years. So, are we going to talk about Silas, or just jibber-jabber?

[Elena gestures to the family room, and Kol walks over. Elena pulls out her phone. She has a text from Matt saying 'No dagger yet. Need time. Bonnie can't take both. Pill in bottom draw. Spike Ash's drink.']

[Kol is drinking and leaning against the sofa. Ash places her glass on a table and turns to Kol. They don't see Elena popping something into Ash's drink.]

Elena: Nobody else seems to think Silas exists, so why do you?

Ash: Yes I agree. We can't be sure.

Kol: I used to run with some witches. Africa in the fourteenth century, Haiti in the seventeenth century, New Orleans in the nineteen hundreds. They all knew about Silas; that he needed to stay buried. I actually hold witches in high esteem.

Elena: Yeah, but why Silas? Why are you so afraid of him?

Kol: They said if Silas rises, he'll unleash hell on Earth. I happen to like Earth just the way it is.

Elena: That's pretty biblical.

Kol: Well, that's the other problem with people today – they've lost faith. And in that loss, they no longer know who they should fear.

Ash: We can defeat Silas, brother. If he rises because of this, we must band together. [Ash turns and picks up her glass. She then takes a sip while Elena stares at her. She raises an eyebrow looking at her with suspicion.]

[Later, Kol is walking around and picks up a framed photograph of Elena and Jeremy joking around. He stares at it as Elena approaches him, carrying a bottle of wine. Ash looks tired and is finding it hard to stand straight.]

Elena: So we're out of gin, but I think this is a good year.

Kol: What if I said I don't believe you?

Elena: Okay, you caught me. I don't know anything about wine.

[Kol sets the picture down.]

Kol: It just seems odd that you'd be so willing to give up something you want so much.

Elena: I would do anything for my brother. And if what you're saying about Silas is true, what does it matter what I want if it puts everyone else in danger?

Kol: Well, this has been enlightening. Thanks for the drinks.

[Elena starts to panic as Kol moves to leave. She takes a step towards him as he opens the door.]

Kol: I'll take your request for a truce under advisement.

Elena: Is there any chance that you could be wrong about Silas?

Kol: Trust me, Elena. Some things are better left buried.

[Ash and Kol leave. Elena sighs.]

[Jeremy walks in cautiously, holding up a gun loaded with wooden bullets. He closes the door and hears a noise. He's ready to shoot, but stops when he sees it's Elena.]

Elena: I'm sorry. He left. I mean, I – I tried to stall as long as I could.

[The doorbell rings.]

Jeremy: That's Bonnie. She was right behind me.

[Elena goes to open the door, but it's Kol and Ash, who still looks tired.]

Kol: I've considered your request for a truce. Request denied.

[Elena slams the door in his face.]

Kol: [shouting] I'm sorry. I've already been invited in!

[He kicks the door open and walks in; Elena and Jeremy are gone.]

Kol: Hide and seek? Fine by me.

Ash: Kol. I think that bitch spiked my drink. We should leave this is a trap.

Kol: How are they going to kill me? A tiny hunter can't hurt me.

SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE

Klaus' phone rings. He sees it's Kol and answers it. The shots alternate between Klaus in the cellar and Kol at the Gilbert house.]

Klaus: Well, if it isn't the happy homicidal maniac.

Kol: Did you know that your darling former blood bag and her brother are trying to kill me?

Klaus: What?

Kol: Oh and your darling wife has had her drink poisoned.

Ash: [Mumbles] God you're so dramatic.

Klaus: WHAT!

Kol: Don't pretend like you're not in on it. Your obsession to find the cure clearly trumps any sibling loyalty you once felt.

Klaus: I don't know what you're talking about.

Kol: I'm going to rip off Jeremy's arm and kill Elena just for sport. Then I'm coming for you.

GILBERT RESIDENCE

[Kol hangs up and starts walking. Elena is at the top of the staircase with a crossbow and she shoots Kol in the leg. He groans in pain. She disappears upstairs with vampire speed. Kol pulls the arrow out of his leg and goes after her.]

[Elena is in her bedroom. She pushes her dresser in front of her door, but struggles as Kol pushes back. Kol manages to shove the door open and Elena falls to the ground. With vampire speed she runs into the bathroom, shuts the doors behind her and locks it. Kol kicks open the door and finds Elena gone. He punches through the other door and finds Elena in Jeremy's room with Jeremy. Jeremy shoots Kol with a stake gun. Kol catches the stake.]

Kol: Missed!

[Jeremy shoots again, and Kol catches it with his other hand. Elena fires a pistol at him, shooting him multiple times.]

Elena: [screaming at Jeremy] Go!

[Jeremy runs, and she continues shooting Kol. Kol throws one of the stakes, hitting Elena in the thigh, and she cries out. Elena looks up, but Kol is gone. Jeremy is running through the hallway when Kol appears and punches him. Back in Jeremy's room, Elena pulls the stake out of her leg. Kol throws Jeremy down the stairs, and Jeremy groans in pain. Elena jumps on Kol's back, but he tosses her against the wall. He rips out one of the posts from the railing and impales Elena through the abdomen, pinning her to the wall. She gasps in shock and pain, completely immobilised. Kol walks over to Jeremy, who is still grunting in pain on the stair landing.]

Kol: Now...about that arm.

[Kol drags Jeremy down the stairs by his feet. Elena pulls feebly at the stake, but can't move it an inch.]

[Elena is still trying to get the stake out of her abdomen, but it won't budge. Improvising, she braces her hands against the wall and pulls her body off of the stake. Downstairs, Kol has Jeremy strapped to the counter in the kitchen by his arms. Jeremy struggles against his bonds. Kol pulls a cleaver out of the knife block.]

Kol: Now, like I said, I don't fancy the hunter's curse, so I'm just going to chop off your arm. But don't worry, I'll heal you right up with a bit of blood after.

[Kol holds Jeremy's head against the counter.]

Kol: Sorry about the sting. Now, which arm is it? Is it left or right? I'll just chop off both to be safe.

[Jeremy closes his eyes as Kol raises the knife over him. Suddenly Elena appears and grabs Kol; the cleaver misses Jeremy and instead slices through one of Jeremy's restraints. Elena slams the cleaver into Kol's chest, shoving him against the counter. Jeremy releases his other arm and rushes to the sink. He grabs the spray hose and sprays Kol with the vervain water. Kol cries out in pain as the water hits him; Elena moves away. Jeremy keeps the water on Kol, and Elena takes the white oak stake from Kol's jacket, throwing it to Jeremy.]

Elena: Jeremy, now!

[Jeremy catches the stake. He attempts to stake Kol but as he does Ash catches the stake in mid-air.]

Ash: No...please...[Her legs buckle and she falls unconscious.]

[Jeremey stabs Kol through the heart with the dagger. Kol screams and bursts into flame. He continues to scream as he staggers through the kitchen and falls to the floor, dead. Elena notices that Jeremy sees something behind her, so she looks over to see Klaus standing at the open doorway, looking upset and angry.]

Klaus: What did you do?

Elena: We didn't have a choice. He was trying to cut off Jeremy's arm!

Klaus: Lies! He never would've gotten inside if you hadn't set a trap for him.

Elena: You said you were going to put him down too.

Klaus: [furious] I was going to make him suffer on my terms! I'm going to burn this house to the ground. And then, when you try to flee for your lives, I'll kill you both without blinking.

Jeremy: You kill us, you'll never get to the cure. You'll never be able to make any more hybrids.

Klaus: You really think I care for an instant about my bloody hybrids? I want the cure so I can destroy it. I would've killed you all the second we dug it up, but now I'm just gonna watch you burn instead.

[Klaus notices Ash]

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY WIFE?!

[Bonnie walks in, past him.]

Bonnie: Invite him in.

[They look at her, confused.]

Bonnie: Do it!

[Klaus gets up.]

Jeremy: Come in.

[Klaus falls forward as Bonnie magically pulls him inside and immobilises him.]

Bonnie: Living room. Go!

[Elena and Jeremy run through the living room and into the kitchen. Klaus follows, but he can't get into the kitchen. He punches at the air, but there is an invisible barrier. Jeremy pulls the white oak stake out of Kol, and he and Elena run to the door and Klaus continues to pound on the barrier.]

Klaus: Witch, you can't do this to me.

Bonnie: You have no idea what I can do now.

Klaus: I will hunt all of you to your end! Do you hear me? Do you!?

[Elena, Bonnie, and Jeremy leave the house. Klaus pounds against the barrier futilely.]

[Klaus turns to Ash's unconscious body.]

Klaus: [Mumbles as he cradles her body] I'm so sorry love. I'm so sorry. I'm so, so sorry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

315 17 9
Niklaus Mikealson, the Original Hybrid, and Queen Scarlett, a witch of chaotic magic. For centuries, their bloodlines have been locked in a bitter fe...
33.6K 643 49
"I'm glad you came, Alex. Like it or not, when one refers to the Mikaelsons, they're referring to you, as well. Tonight will allow you to make up you...
3.6M 62K 79
Throughout the last thousand years of being a vampire, everyone always thought that Niklaus Mikaelson was merciless, heartless. What they don't know...
93.6K 3.9K 31
𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 πƒπ„π’π“π‘π”π‚π“πˆπŽπ | ❝What's wrong? Scared?❞ If anyone asked Katherine Pierce what her thoughts were on the Mikaelson family, she w...