The Hybrid's Wife

By ROYAAAAAA123

Ash Mikaelson. Original vampire. The Hybrid's wife. She has been by Klaus' side for almost 1000 years before... More

Chapter 1: Bringing out the Dead
Chapter 2: Dangerous Liaisons
Chapter 3: All my Children
Chapter 4: 1912
Chapter 5: Break on through
Chapter 6: The Murder of One
Chapter 7: Heart of Darkness
Chapter 8: Do Not Go Gentle
Chapter 9: Before Sunset
Chapter 10: Flashbacks - Chicago (1920) and England (900s)
Chapter 11: The Departed
Chapter 12: Growing Pains
Chapter 13: The Rager
Chapter 14: The Five
Chapter 15: The Killer
Chapter 16: We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes
Chapter 17: After School Special
Chapter 19: A View to a Kill
Chapter 20: Into the Wild
Chapter 21: Down the Rabbit Hole
Chapter 22: Stand By Me
Chapter 23: Bring It On

Chapter 18: Catch Me If You Can

157 2 0
By ROYAAAAAA123

ZANADEW LOUNGE

[Jeremy and Damon have driven near the bar but are parked in the woods nearby.]

Jeremy: Do you really think they went back to the bar?

Damon: [opens the trunk] Where else are they gonna go? It's all cabins and vacation homes; they can't get in anywhere.

[Damon hands Jeremy a gun. Jeremy puts it behind his back as Damon hands him the compound bow.]

Damon: All right. There you go.

Jeremy: Fine. Let's get this over with.

[Jeremy pulls back the compound bow.]

Damon: Listen, just go one at a time, only shoot for the heart, don't hesitate, and don't miss. [hands Jeremy an arrow.]

Jeremy: Save the teaching moment. Elena's not here. You don't have to pretend like you give a damn about me.

Damon: [closes the trunk] I'm trying to keep you alive, dumbass. [hands Jeremy more arrows] Come on.

[Jeremy and Damon head into the bar, and music can be heard in the background. They walk in cautiously, and Jeremy holds up the bow. A giant blood smear can be seen on the ground, and Damon walks around it.]

Damon: Something's not right.

[They follow the trail of blood into the back cold storage room. A giant pile of the vampire corpses are in the corner.]

Damon: Looks like we're gonna have to find some new vampires. What a waste.

Jeremy: What the hell happened?

Kol: I confess. [Jeremy turns around and holds the bow up to see Ash and Kol entering the room.] I did it.

Jeremy: Kol? Ash?

Kol: Jeremy, good to see you, mate. Sorry about the mess. Ugh, it was a little crowded when I arrived, and I prefer more intimate gatherings. We four need to have a little chat. [Takes a sip of bourbon from the bottle while Ash has another bottle and is sipping it.]

Ash: Care for a drink?

Damon: He's underage, and I don't like you two, so let's just cut to it.

Kol: You know, my brother bragged about his plan to complete Jeremy's hunter's mark. It was easy enough to track this lot down. They were all hiding in the shadows. Now, killing young vampires is easy or old ones, for that matter.

Damon: Why? What's it to you either way?

Ash: Because, you fools, in your zeal to find the cure, you risk waking someone very dangerous.

Damon: Oh...You must be talking about Silas.

Ash: What do you know of him?

Damon: Nothing. Don't want to. Not our problem.

Kol: Isn't it?

Damon: Uh-uh.

Ash: [Sarcastically smiles] Well, we're going to make it your problem.

Kol: A few hundred years back, I came across a group that worshipped Silas. His followers told me that he would rise again, and when he did, he would trigger the end of all time. You know, being an immortal, you can see why I'm opposed to time's ending. So I murdered all of them. And now, here you are willing to risk raising him in your search for the cure. I can't exactly sit back and let that happen, can I?

Damon: We're not going to back off the cure 'cause you were told one too many scary bedtime stories, you idiot.

Kol: [pushes Damon] Jeremy, we were mates in Colorado. You're a smart lad. Why don't you call off this imbecilic treasure hunt?

Jeremy: [holding up the bow] I'm not calling anything off, mate.

Kol: [takes a step backwards] Well I could kill you. But then, I'd have to deal with the hunter's curse. And I, I don't particularly feel like being haunted for the next century.

Ash: I have a better idea. Let's just rip his arms off.

Kol: [Points at Ash] You know I missed you sister.

[Ash and Kol rush at Jeremy, but Damon rams Ash into the wall and head-butts Kol. They fight.]

Damon: Jeremy, run!

[Jeremy flees, and Damon continues to hit Kol and Ash. Ash catches Damon's hand and puts him in a headlock, she then snaps his neck.]

GILBERT RESIDENCE

[Elena's cell phone rings; she answers it.]

Elena: Jeremy?

Jeremy: (On the phone.) Elena, we're in trouble.

Elena: Whoa whoa whoa, slow down. Where's Damon?

Jeremy: Listen to me. Kol attacked us. I barely got away, but he has Damon.

KLAUS' FAMILY MANSION

[Klaus is sitting on a sofa in his living room in front of a lit fireplace. Elena is sitting on the other sofa opposite him.]

Klaus: A bit ironic, you coming to me for help to fight my wife. Weren't your friends just trying to bury me in a cement tomb?

Elena: This is your fault. You started this when you forced Jeremy to kill those vampires.

Klaus: And now my little brat of a brother and my angry wife has gone and made things worse. Well, they never did like Damon. I suppose I should do something, shouldn't I?

Elena: Call them off, Klaus.

Klaus: You are in no position to make demands, love. Whilst I'd like to cure you to make more hybrids, I do have other reasons for finding the cure, not the least of which is destroying it so you can't use it against me.

Elena: Whatever our differences, we want the same thing. Please, Klaus, I'm begging you.

[Klaus smiles at her then rolls his eyes as he gets out his cell phone. He calls Ash who is still in the back storage room at the bar.]

Klaus: Hello Love. Just a day home, and I'm told you've already gone and made a mess.

Ash: Come on, Nik. I was only having some fun.

Klaus: Those vampires Kol killed were for my hunter.

Ash: I'll make some more. There's no shortage of people. Plus I'm still angry at you, remember?

Klaus: Where's Damon Salvatore?

Ash: We gave him a good and proper beating just for old time's sake.

Klaus: Yes. Well, you've had your fun. Now let him go and come home so I can apologise properly.

[Kol takes the phone off Ash.]

Kol: Hello dear brother. Did you miss me?

Klaus: Kol you better listen to me. Avoid any more trouble, or you'll find yourself back in a box.

Kol: Hey. No need to be nasty about it.

Klaus: On the contrary, I find nastiness to be essential whenever my siblings try to sabotage me. Listen closely, Kol. Stay away from the Gilbert boy. You understand?

Kol: Fine. I won't touch him. You have my word.

Klaus: Good. Now tell Ash I have a gift for her at home.

Kol: Wow brother. And I thought you didn't have favourites. I'm ashamed.

Klaus: She's my wife, of course she's my favourite.

ZANADEW LOUNGE

[Kol hangs up. Damon is sitting on a beer keg holding a stake in his chest.]

Kol: Very good, darling. Now stab yourself a little bit further. [He compels Damon to obey.]

Damon: [pushing the stake into himself, he groans in pain] If you're gonna kill me, do it like a man.

Kol: I don't want to kill you. I just wanted to make sure you could be compelled.

Damon: I'm gonna rip out your spleen.

Kol: You ought to be thanking me. I mean you don't really want the cure found. You fancy Elena. I mean, even more now that she's a vampire. Admit it. The last vestige of her humanity is her annoying little brother Jeremy, and deep, deep down, I bet you want him dead, don't you?

Damon: Nope.

Kol: [laughing] You're lying. I bet you'd love to rip his head right off...And I'm gonna give you your wish. [He crouches down in front of Damon and compels him.] You're not gonna remember what I say, but you're going to find Jeremy Gilbert, and when you do, you're going to kill him.

Ash: Ooooo. Drama! I love it! But if Klaus asks I left before you compelled him. See you soon Koala!

Kol: Bye Ashie. [Ash turns around and speeds off.]

GILBERT RESIDENCE

[Elena opens the front door. Damon is standing on the porch.]

Elena: What happened? Are you okay? [she puts her hands on his shoulders.]

Damon: Kol happened.

Elena: Thank God you both got away. If Kol had taken Jeremy-

Damon: Is he here? 'Cause I just want to talk to him really fast.

Elena: He's at the Grill. He wanted to check on Matt.

Damon: Well, I should go apologise to him. I was-I was pretty tough on him today.

MYSTIC GRILL

[Matt is clearing a table. Damon approaches him, followed by Elena.]

Damon: Don't you ever take a night off?

Matt: I took two days off to help you out at the lake house, remember? I almost got killed?

Damon: Where's Jeremy?

Matt: He's in the back, I think.

Damon: Hmm. [he walks around Matt heading for the back room.]

Elena: [to Matt] Are you doing okay?

Matt: Yeah. All things considered.

[Damon spots Jeremy across the restaurant. They make eye contact. Damon's eyes start to vamp out and he begins crossing the restaurant toward Jeremy, who looks alarmed.]

Elena: Damon. [He stops suddenly and looks around at her, a strange look on his face.] Are you all right? What's going on? [Damon turns away to see a door close; Jeremy's gone.]

[Cut to Jeremy in the back room. He looks around, withdraws his gun, cocks it and stands aiming it at the door. But then he looks down at a metal panel on the wall, covering the entrance to underground tunnels.]

[Cut to Damon, still looking slightly odd. He looks at Elena then turns and walks toward the back room. Elena follows.]

Elena: [in the back room] Damon, what is wrong with you?

Damon: It was Kol. He must have compelled me. If I find Jeremy...I'm gonna kill him. [He vamp-runs down into the tunnel. Elena looks down through the entrance, bewildered.]

PROFESSOR SHANE'S OFFICE

[Stefan's cell phone is ringing. He looks at it, but Rebekah grabs it from him before he can answer it.]

Rebekah: [answering the phone] Hello, Elena.

Elena: [in the tunnels] What did you do to Stefan?

Rebekah: Rescued him from his old, dull life, but it keeps calling. Stefan's not in the mood to talk right now.

Elena: Then he can listen. I know you might not care about me right now, Stefan, but Kol compelled Damon to kill Jeremy. They're somewhere in the tunnels, and-it's one giant maze down here, and I can't find them, so if you still care about the cure or about Jeremy, then maybe you can come help. [Stefan remains silent. Elena looks angry but resigned.] Okay. [hangs up.]

Rebekah: Well that is an interesting predicament. For both of us.

KLAUS' FAMILY MANSION

[Kol walks into a room. Rebekah enters from the other side, blocking his way.]

Rebekah: Going somewhere? I would if I were you. If Damon kills the hunter, Nik will not be pleased.

Kol: [smiling] I told Nik I wouldn't touch the kid. I didn't.

Rebekah: [sarcastically] Oh. Well, that was clever. I'm sure he'll really appreciate it.

[Kol pushes past his sister to leave but Rebekah pulls out the white oak ash dagger and points it at his back. Kol stops and finally looks afraid.]

Kol: You'd really dagger me?

Rebekah: If I do, Damon's compulsion ends and this is all over.

Kol: And then you're no better than Niklaus. Daggering siblings when you disagree with them-- Look at what this family has become. I mean, Elijah won't even show his face, he's so disgusted by our bickering. This cure has ruined us, and it hasn't even been found yet. Just imagine what would happen if it is.

Rebekah: This family was ruined long before we knew about the cure.

[Kol vamp-speeds around to face Rebekah and points the white oak stake at her heart.]

Rebekah: Kol!

Kol: I won't let you raise Silas.

[Ash and Klaus vamp-run into the room and break up the two of them.]

Klaus: Enough of this foolishness. Put it down, Kol.

Ash: What the hell Kol?

[Kol vamp-runs out of the house.]

Rebekah: He was going to kill me!

Klaus: Well, then, I think you need a lesson in how to properly dagger a sibling.

Rebekah: Burn in hell. [She turns and leaves the house.]

Ash: I am so confused right now. [Turns to Klaus] Where's my present? [Klaus rolls his eyes]

Klaus: Now really isn't the time love. [He leans closer to her and whispers in her ear]. I promise as soon as I deal with Kol I will give you your present.

Ash: [Sighs] I hate Mystic Falls, my plans always seem to get postponed here.

GILBERT RESIDENCE

[Ash and Klaus walk up the front steps and knock on the door. Elena opens the door, Jeremy standing behind her.]

Klaus: Good evening, Gilbert clan.

Elena: What do you want?

Klaus: We've come to fetch my hunter. Seeing as how my brother's become a liability, Jeremy will be safer with us.

Ash: Yes. Don't worry we'll treat him nicely. [Smiles sarcastically] I got some delicious chocolate chip cookies in the oven all for him.

Jeremy: I think I'll pass. I don't really like cookies.

Klaus: You think you're safer here? Hmm. Clearly you don't know Kol. He'll stop at nothing to get what he wants, so, strange as it may seem, We're your best bets.

Elena: Sorry, but I think we'd rather take our chances.

Klaus: Fine. But when Kol does come-and he will come-be sure to let me know, preferably before he burns your nice little home to the ground. And as for you, hunter, there's no shortage of people to turn or loved ones to threaten, so sleep well. We'll plan on finishing our work tomorrow.

Ash: [Mumbles] Who doesn't like cookies? [They turn and leave. Elena shuts the door.]

KLAUS' FAMILY MANSION

Ash: Are we sure about stopping Kol? What if Silas is an issue? Maybe Kol is right.

Klaus: Darling don't worry. I'm the big bad hybrid, some lowly vampire isn't going to stop me. That's even if he is real. 

Ash: I just don't want to have to stay in this dump longer than I need to.

Klaus: As soon as we acquire the cure I will show you the world, properly. Without having to watch over our back 24/7.

Ash: Can we go back to New Orleans? I know there are bad memories there but I am still upset we couldn't have a proper funeral for him.

Klaus: We will go wherever you wish love.

GILBERT RESIDENCE

[Jeremy and Elena are standing at the kitchen table.]

Jeremy: This is never gonna end. If Kol doesn't kill me first, then Klaus is just gonna force me to kill more innocent people. How many is it gonna take, 10? 100?

Elena: [realising something] If you kill one Original vampire, their entire sire line will die with them. That's thousands, maybe tens of thousands of vampires. Kol compelled Damon to kill you. You're gonna kill Kol instead.

[They look at each other, and Elena nods.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 34.2K 53
Stefan and Damon's sister, Ava, arrives in town unannounced with secrets. Secrets that will destroy their family bond forever. Forever is a long time...
55.5K 916 42
Andrea Patveer and Klaus Mikaelson's futures are written a hundred years before she was born that swore that they would be mates. They are bound to m...
15.8K 475 28
You know the Mikaelson's story but you don't know mine. My name is Y/n, twin sister of Tatia we are the original doppelgangers . We look nothing alik...
4.1K 57 14
A Petrova Doppelganger An Original Hybrid A Vampire And a betrayal Both Katherine and her sister were on the run , being hunted , but for very diffe...