𝗺𝗶𝗱𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻 ||...

By lavafqll

M I D N I G H T R A I N • "𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙨𝙪𝙣𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙚, ... More

- introductions -
- tresspassing and foster care -
- bruises and boat wrecks -
- finders fee -
- fired and rich baby! -
- kegger shenanigans -
- tit for tat and tiny bandaids -
- a close call and wannabe divers -
- compasses and gunshots -
- secrets and bad feelings -
- handwriting and memories -
- snitches get stitches -
- assault and kisses -
- could this day get ANY worse? -
- tootsie rolls and tears -
- back to stage one -
- way too easy -
- skinny pop? -
- sinking boats -
- the royal merchant -
- runaways -
- they know -
- burns and crime -
- wheat in the water -
- thanks for being a team player -
- just one kiss -
- you ignorant fuck -
- fuck it -
- ghost stories -
- scars down my back -
- things are going to be okay -
- we aren't batman -
- full kook -

- fire -

307 4 0
By lavafqll

"Good, uhm... Tell your boy we know what he did." Topper says with a wink in Emilia's direction.

"Sorry, what boy are you talking about?" Kie asks, laughing slightly.

"He'll know." He grins, turning and walking off.

"Bye?" Kie says, furrowing her eyebrows.

"The fuck was that all about..?" Melia mumbles, walking off with Kie.

—————————————————

Kiara and Emilia walk back to the boys, Melia slumps down next to JJ, biting her lip. He looks at her with a confused face. She passes him his pepsi with a weird look on her face.

"Just saw Topper!" Kie says, Melia mentally face palms, Pope was gonna FLIP.

"And he said, and I quote, 'Tell your boy that we know what he did.'" She finishes, stopping the air quotation marks and putting her hands down.

"What is that?" She asks harshly, looking down at the three who were exchanging, weird looks.

"Umm... Where is he?" JJ asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Right over there, with Rafe and Kelce." Kie points.

Pope whips his head around, eyes wide. "Great! The whole death squad! Ugh!" He yells, kicking the ground.

"Stop staring! Bro!" Melia hisses, slapping Pope's arm and turning him around.

"Just warning you, man, if they corner me? I'm coming out swinging, alright?" JJ says, biting his lip.

"Slice and dicing, I'm on edge right now."

"Yeah, yeah." Melia agrees, something really wasn't sitting right with her.

This was supposed to be perfect, not spent worrying that they were gonna get beat?!

"If that doesn't work, I got this right here." JJ says, lifting up his bag with a small smirk.

"Yeah, so, we just gotta stay in the group." Pope nods, calming himself down.

"They can't get us in the group." Melia agrees. "Like a school of fish! Stay in the school, can't leave the school."

"I'm sorry, JJ. Please tell me that you did not bring a gun here?" Kie says, her expression blank.

JJ laughs nervously, rubbing the back of his neck with a shrug.

"JJ, there are kids!" She snaps, shaking her head in disbelief.

"No! Kie, I didn't bring the gun. Everything's fine! Okay?" He convinces her, smiling.

"Good, cause you know Mills was looking forward to this." Kie says, wrapping her arm around her best friend.

Melia smiles warmly, trying to forget about everything with Rafe and Topper. She lays her head on Kie's shoulder as she looks towards the screen.

As much as Emilia would deny it, she's everybody in this groups favourite. She's young dumb and fun, and incredibly loveable. Who wouldn't love her? (Except Rafe and all the Kooks, of course.)

"Welcome to the summer movie series..." The man announces and Melia grins widely.

"Founding principle, you guys. No secrets amongst Pogues. What is Topper talking about?" Kie asks firmly.

Melia sighs, groaning in annoyance.

"Kie, it might go down tonight.." Pope says, looking at her apologetically.

"What does that even mean.." She lets go of Melia, who was now just sat up in her own chair, pissed off cause everybody was annoyed.

"What did y'all do?!" Kie was pissed, nobody was telling her anything.

"Deny, deny, deny.." JJ mutters underneath his breath, Melia simply nods.

—————————————————

The film had been on for a while now, Melia was sat with her head on JJ's shoulder and his arm was around her, rubbing circles onto her waist.

"JJ?" Pope whispers, looking up at the two of them.

"What?" He mumbles, barely paying attention to him.

"Gotta take a piss.." He whispers.

"Okay? Go piss then?" Melia says, furrowing her eyebrows.

"They are by the bathrooms!" Pope defends, Melia suddenly understands and nods.

"Hold it." JJ says firmly, not wanting to move from the position him and Melia were in.

"I can't hold it! I drank too much soda.." He says, biting his lip.

"It's too exposed- They'll totally see you.." JJ explains, looking around for a way he'd be able to go piss.

"I gotta go, bro." Pope says shakily, his leg was bouncing.

JJ groans, moving Melia with an apologetic look, she just lays her head on Kie instead, she was pretty tired and just wanted to focus on the movie.

"Come with me, I know where.." JJ whispers, getting up quietly and going to sneak off behind the screen - Pope following along behind him.

"Hey, where are y'all going?" Kie asks, furrowing her eyebrows as she put her arm on Melia's shoulder.

"We gotta wring it out..!" JJ explains.

"You gonna hold it for each other?" Kie scrunches up her face. Melia laughs quietly, shaking her head.

They watch as the two boys sneak through people to make it to a safe spot to go piss.

Once they get behind a tree by the back of the screen, Melia glances behind them quickly.

Rafe, Topper and Kelce were getting up.

Oh shit.

"Uhm, Kie?" Melia says, sitting up and gesturing to the boys moving away.

"Great." Kie says, sighing. "Leave them for a minute, they might not do anything..?" She says, not really believing herself.

Melia nods with a sigh, focusing on the screen once again, but she can't help her eyes drifting to Rafe walking up to the two boys. They walk behind a tree and she can't see them anymore.

"Kie, I've got a bad feeling about this.." She says, but Kiara had already stood up. Melia quickly gets up and follows her.

Once they got around the corner, Melia spotted JJ getting beat by Kelce and Rafe.

"Get off of him!" She shrieks, not knowing what to do, Rafe turns to her with a smirk, shoving JJ off for Kelce to deal with.

"Heya, princess." He winks, walking over to her.

Kiara runs over with the bag in her hand, hitting him round the head with it, Melia runs over and jumps onto Kelce's back.

"Let go of him! You fascist asshole!" She screams, grabbing his neck so he couldn't breath.

Rafe grabs her and holds her above his head, she was swung around his shoulder and he was trying to keep her back.

"Get off of me, Rafe!" She yells, throwing punches to his side.

"Stay out of this, Emilia!" He shouts, pushing her to the ground.

"Lia! Are you okay?" JJ calls through his coughing, walking over to her and pulling her up.

"I'm good." She groans, brushing herself off as she watches Kelce get hold of Pope once again.

She shakes her head, not sure what to do. Topper grabs JJ and pulls him back, throwing another punch to his face.

She stares blankly as Kiara tries to pull Kelce off of Pope, she shakes her head, squeezing her eyes shut.

Think, Melia! Think!

And so she did, she suddenly became really aware of the lighter weighing down her pocket. She smirks slightly, running over to the side of the screen.

She can hear yells of Topper trying to get Pope and JJ to admit what they did, she opens up the lighter, flicking it continuously until she finally gets a flame.

She took one more glance back and saw JJ getting choked by Topper and knew immediately what she was gonna do.

She grabbed the bottom of the screen, placing the lighter against it. Suddenly, it ignites.

She was in her own world, zoned out. She only snapped back into it when she felt JJ pulling her up, her hand blistering.

She can hear gasps and screams from thousands of people watching the film, she shakes her head and looks down at her hand.

She forgot to pull it off the screen.

"Lia! We gotta get out of here! Come on!" He yells, grabbing her shoulder and running.

She nods and runs along with him, not processing anything that just happened. She lets out a laugh, not really sure what she just did.

////////////////
NOTE FROM EMI: guys im improving ive uploaded twice this week now 🙏🙏

1.34K READS IS FREAKING CRAZY?!?! I LOVE U GUYS SM 💕

please please PLEASE comment, suggestions or how your feeling ot even just random thoughts that come to your head when reading!

please vote if you got this far and have enjoyed 💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 126 46
John b's little sister is back in OBX. Lexi. She was hopping for a nice time back. you know fun adventures. Normal pogue shit. That's not what happen...
4K 83 26
Samantha Routledge is a fellow Pogue, and the younger sister of John B. Granted John B is only 10 months older; they are both the children of Big Joh...
97.1K 640 15
( 5th in kiara carerra 22nd in jj maybank) 'No pouge on pouge macking' That rule was made for 2 specific pouges. YN Routledge and JJ Maybank. Yn Rou...
25.9K 319 16
a series rewrite in which JJ Maybank falls in love with his best friend's sister and chaos ensues. - aka an outer banks s2-3 rewrite feat. routledge...