Sweater Weather ๛ Edward Cull...

By NovaWayne

sᴡᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ 𖦆 Devon is often described as a problem boy. He always gets hit in the face and has a folde... More

sᴡᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ
❨ 001 ❩
❨ 002 ❩
❨ 003 ❩
❨ 004 ❩
❨ 005 ❩
❨ 006 ❩
❨ 007 ❩
❨ 008 ❩
❨ 009 ❩
❨ 010 ❩
❨ 011 ❩
❨ 012 ❩
❨ 013 ❩
❨ 014 ❩
❨ 015 ❩
❨ 016 ❩
❨ 017 ❩
❨ 018 ❩
❨ 019 ❩
❨ 020 ❩
❨ 021 ❩
❨ 022 ❩
❨ special chapter ❩
❨ 023 ❩
❨ 024 ❩
❨ 025 ❩
❨ 027 ❩
❨ 028 ❩
❨ 029 ❩
❨ 030 ❩
❨ 031 ❩
❨ 032 ❩
❨ 033 ❩
❨ 034 ❩
❨ 035 ❩
thanks!

❨ 026 ❩

1.7K 82 7
By NovaWayne

୨ ♡ ୧

Devon parked his motorcycle outside the flower shop where his mother worked. It was a small store, but among the other shops, it looked beautiful and full of life.

He turned off the motorcycle and took off his helmet while gazing at the store. He knew his mother wanted to open her own bakery, but it was quite complicated as it involved a significant amount of expenses. Devon hoped to be able to help her one day. He wanted his mother's biggest dream to come true.

After gathering some courage, he walked towards the store, and as he opened the door, a bell chimed throughout the place. There were numerous plants everywhere, and although Devon had been in that place many times before, he could sense the changes since the last time.

"Welcome, I'll be with you in a moment," he heard his mother's voice from the back. He couldn't help but smile a little as he continued advancing towards the cash register.

It didn't take more than a minute before he saw his mother coming from a door that probably led to the storage room. She furrowed her brow upon seeing her son in that place. He wasn't supposed to be there.

"Do you need help with that?" Devon asked, pointing to the box she was carrying.

His mother shook her head as she set the empty box on the floor. She looked at her son with a mix of annoyance and concern.

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in school. Did something happen? Are you okay, Devon?"

Devon looked at her with sadness. They weren't particularly close yet, as he was just getting to know her, but he wished he could stay by her side a little longer.

There was a moment of silence, a moment that felt very desperate for his mother, but she remained calm, waiting for her son to speak.

"There's something... something I want to tell you," Devon murmured.

His mother's expression changed to one of concern, and without hesitation, she took a few steps forward until she was in front of her son.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?"

Devon didn't want to prolong the moment, and even though it wasn't the best place, he decided it was better to say it now.

"I've been thinking about it for a while... since the Eugene incident," Devon lowered his gaze at the memory, "the truth is, I haven't been feeling very well since then. My mind is always somewhere else; I don't feel like doing anything. Even though I'm surrounded by friends and family, I can't help but feel lonely," he cleared his throat and looked at his mother, "I appreciate everything Charlie has done for me, and I thank you for being the mother I always wanted. But... I've been thinking about taking a gap year. I want to leave school for a while and travel as much as I can to try to heal. If that makes any sense," he let out a somewhat graceless laugh and looked back down, "I don't want to disappoint you, but I really have no idea what I want for the future right now, and my head feels like it's about to explode from so many things I've been through. Besides..."

"It's okay," his mother interrupted, surprising Devon. She had tears in her eyes, "I know I haven't been a good mother to you, dear, and I don't have the right to force you to do something you don't want to do," her voice broke, "but don't doubt that I will always support you unconditionally, whatever happens. And if you want to go, that's okay... we learn from everything."

Devon tried to smile but didn't quite succeed, and without thinking, he hugged his mother.

"Thank you, Mom," he whispered, "I promise I'll be fine. I'll call whenever I can."

They separated after a moment, and the woman wiped her face with the collar of her shirt.

"I don't have much money, but I can give you..."

"It's not necessary," Devon interrupted, "I already have everything I need."

Amy nodded, and the tears kept flowing.

"Okay, then. Will you say goodbye to Charlie?"

Devon thought about it for a moment. It was very strange, but he felt he had created a stronger bond with Charlie than with his own mother, and saying goodbye to Charlie hurt much more. He could never thank him enough, but at least he owed him that.

"Yes. I'll go see him when I leave here and then stop by home for my things."

Amy nodded with a smile.

"Don't forget that I love you, Devon. Whatever happens, I'll always be your mother, and I'll be waiting for your return whenever you're ready."

"Thank you, Mom."

Without more words, Devon left the store and got on his motorcycle to head to the police station. He hoped Charlie would be there.

Amy also left the store and watched her son as he walked away, tears streaming down her face. She loved him, but she was sure it was for the best. She wanted her son to be happy, and if he found happiness away from her, she could accept it.

Devon stopped this time in front of the police station

. It was a fairly small building, but there were several patrol cars outside. He tried not to think too much about things and quickly approached the place.

The guard at the entrance looked at him with a furrowed brow.

"Hello, I'm looking for Sheriff Swan."

He nodded.

"In his office, at the back."

"Thanks."

He took slow but firm steps as he approached. He didn't want to say goodbye to Charlie. It wasn't a goodbye forever... but still. Charlie was the father he always wished for, and it hurt a lot to let him go.

Once in front of the wooden door, he saw the nameplate with Charlie's name and knocked a couple of times softly.

"Come in," he heard from the other side.

Devon opened it. Charlie was writing something on some documents. He seemed quite busy.

The man finished writing something and looked at Devon, surprised by his sudden presence.

"Devon, shouldn't you be in school?" the named smiled a little at the exact words his mother used.

"I didn't go to class," he made a small grimace, "can we talk for a moment?"

Charlie seemed concerned, but still nodded.

"Of course, son. Have a seat."

Devon sat in front of the desk, looking down, trying to think of his words. Charlie looked at him expectantly but didn't want to pressure him.

"I came from Mom's work," he started and looked at the man, "I talked to her before coming here."

Charlie nodded.

"Is everything okay?"

Devon didn't answer for a long moment.

"I told Mom that I wanted to leave school. Maybe not exactly leave it... just wanted to take a break. A gap year," Charlie furrowed his brow and nodded slightly confused, "I've been feeling comfortable since my dad decided to kick me out... but I don't know. I like this place even though a lot has happened, and my head is a complete mess. Since Eugene's death and..." since he himself died, "other things that have happened... I feel like I can't take it anymore. I want to grow and try to meet other people and places. I love you and my mom a lot, and I can never thank you enough for what you've done for me. But I decided to leave my house today."

Charlie was in shock for a moment. He couldn't fully process Devon's words. But he knew... no matter what he said, he couldn't stop Devon from leaving, and he didn't want to be cruel and keep him in a place where he wasn't happy.

"You're not my son," Charlie spoke finally, and Devon felt a stab in his heart, "but I love you as if you were."

Damn. He had given him quite a scare, was that even possible? Probably not.

"I know you've been through very difficult things, Devon," Charlie continued, "I knew it from that time in the hospital when you dislocated your shoulder, and I saw all those scars on your body. I don't exactly know what that man did to you, but no child deserves to be treated that way. Everyone deserves love and respect, no matter what. And I love you, and I will always love you. And if you want to leave school and travel the world as a backpacker, I'll support you. But I want you to know that you'll always have a home to come back to."

"Thank you, Charlie," he whispered. Yes. Definitely, Charlie was the father he had always dreamed of.

"Just don't forget to call from time to time to let us know you're okay. You don't want to worry your mom, right?"

Devon smiled with a nod.

"Right."

Devon got up, and after a nod as a goodbye, he left the office without looking back. He had no idea when he would see them again, but he would return at some point.

Devon left the police station and got on his motorcycle before putting on his helmet. Thus, he headed home to pack some of his things and go to the Cullen residence. He had nothing to say to Bella, so he decided it was best not to say goodbye to her.

Upon arriving at the Cullen residence, Devon found Carlisle and Esme at the entrance, loading a couple of suitcases into a car. Esme gave Devon a smile as she approached him.

"How did it go?" she gently stroked his arm.

"As well as it could. I thought it would be harder to convince them."

"Relax. I know you'll see them again."

Devon nodded.

"Thanks, Esme."

"If you want, come in. We were helping Rosalie load some suitcases into her car, but they won't take long to leave."

Devon smiled without knowing what to say at that moment and entered the house. Rosalie and Emmett were moving back and forth, packing some things.

Then Edward appeared, looking at Devon unsure of what to say.

"You can stay in my room or Ronan's in the meantime. As I said, we'll wait for everyone else to leave, and... it won't be so complicated for Bella."

Devon nodded and without saying anything, he continued on his way to Ronan's room.

"By the way," Edward spoke again, Devon looked at him, "Ronan left you a gift. It's in his room."

"Thanks," he murmured.

At one point, he was in Ronan's room. Nothing had changed, as if he hadn't wanted to take anything from that place. But on the bed, there was a gift box, wrapped in a beautiful matte dark blue paper. Devon dropped his backpack on the floor and sat on the bed, taking the box in his hands.

Can you guess what he gave him? 🌚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 124 12
Being the new people in town was never easy, especially in a small town like Forks, a fact that Eleanor Beckett was well aware of. So when her son ca...
101K 4.2K 84
☄︎ ⋆·˚ ⋆ *. ⇒ 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐅𝐓 ✧✧✧ "What did you see?" "I'm not sure" Alice replied, "do you know anyone c...
679K 19.2K 80
*Twilight series fanfiction* *Set after Breaking Dawn It has been a few months since the last encounter between the Cullens and the Volturi. Life has...
131K 3.5K 25
"You shouldn't have come" ° ° ° After leaving the Cullen and her brother, Irene is travelling around the world, running away from the Volturi. Leavin...