Sweater Weather ๛ Edward Cull...

By NovaWayne

sᴡᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ 𖦆 Devon is often described as a problem boy. He always gets hit in the face and has a folde... More

sᴡᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ
❨ 001 ❩
❨ 002 ❩
❨ 003 ❩
❨ 004 ❩
❨ 005 ❩
❨ 006 ❩
❨ 007 ❩
❨ 008 ❩
❨ 009 ❩
❨ 010 ❩
❨ 011 ❩
❨ 012 ❩
❨ 013 ❩
❨ 014 ❩
❨ 015 ❩
❨ 016 ❩
❨ 017 ❩
❨ 018 ❩
❨ 020 ❩
❨ 021 ❩
❨ 022 ❩
❨ special chapter ❩
❨ 023 ❩
❨ 024 ❩
❨ 025 ❩
❨ 026 ❩
❨ 027 ❩
❨ 028 ❩
❨ 029 ❩
❨ 030 ❩
❨ 031 ❩
❨ 032 ❩
❨ 033 ❩
❨ 034 ❩
❨ 035 ❩
thanks!

❨ 019 ❩

2.8K 100 19
By NovaWayne

୨ ♡ ୧

A couple of days had passed. Devon still hadn't fully adjusted to his new life. Everything felt strange and different, even though the only one who had changed was him. He could be close to his classmates almost without problems, but it was challenging when someone accidentally cut themselves or got hurt playing, and there was a bit of blood. The smell reached him immediately, and he had to hold onto something to avoid attacking directly. All the Cullens were of great help, but Ronan, especially, assisted Devon when he felt like he was about to lose control.

However, the idea of not being like his father was what kept Devon grounded the most. He simply felt that losing control was equal to following in his father's footsteps, and that was the last thing in the world he wanted.

Devon was leaving his last class and heading to his locker to put away some things, but as soon as he opened the small door, he felt someone wrap their arms around his shoulders. He smiled, knowing it was Ronan.

"Let's go out tonight," Ronan said, not breaking eye contact. His face was very close to Devon's.

Devon furrowed his brow for a moment and moved his face away from Ronan with his hand. Ronan stuck out his tongue, playfully licking Devon, who protested with amusement, wiping his hand on Ronan's shirt.

"Go out where?" Devon asked.

Ronan shrugged. "I don't know. To the movies, a restaurant, anywhere. I just feel like going out."

Devon finished storing his things and closed the locker, now looking at Ronan. The hallway was crowded with students rushing to put their things away to finally go home.

"And do you mean going out just the two of us, or with the others?" Devon inquired.

There was a brief moment of silence as Ronan considered it.

"Either option is fine. In the end, I'll have you all to myself by the end of the night anyway."

Devon rolled his eyes but laughed when Ronan hugged him again and nuzzled his cheek.

"Don't even get your hopes up, Denali," they began walking. Ronan didn't let go of Devon. "But I'll ask the others if they want to go out."

"I'll message Angela to ask," Devon said, taking out his phone.

"I'll tell Edward," Alice chimed in, already having her phone out. Devon refrained from giving her a strong look and focused on finding Angela's contact.

It's not that he didn't want her to come, but the atmosphere became a bit uncomfortable when they were in the same room. In fact, it was a bit strange to have to work together on chemistry every Friday.

An hour and a half later, Devon, Ronan, Angela, Eric, Mike, Jessica, Alice, Jasper, Bella, and Edward were outside the cinema. Alice had gone with Jasper to buy tickets.

Bella seemed a bit uncomfortable, but not really displeased to be there. Probably being with Edward was more than enough. However, Edward only directed murderous glares at his brother, who didn't let go of Devon and kept his arms around him.

"So...," Jessica broke the tense atmosphere, "are you two already... dating?" The question was directed at Devon and Ronan.

Both guys looked at each other while everyone else focused on them. Edward clenched his fists for a moment, but quickly relaxed.

"No," they said in unison, quite calmly.

"We're just friends," Ronan added this time.

Devon let out a small laugh while pushing Ronan.

"Yeah. Just friends," he emphasized the last word.

Jessica furrowed her brow but nodded slowly.

"And... do you only like men, or also women?" She asked Ronan with a slightly hopeful tone.

Ronan looked at Devon's lips before answering and then looked at Jessica with a rather flirtatious smile.

"My mother taught me to enjoy everything," he murmured with a smile.

Everyone noticed how Jessica's face turned an intense shade of red. Devon gave Ronan a gentle chest punch.

"Don't tease Jess," Devon said, taking Ronan's chin to make him look at him.

Before Ronan could say anything, Alice and Jasper returned with the tickets.

"The show starts in twenty minutes. We have enough time to go buy some candy before going in."

The whole group entered the candy store, where they stood looking at the list of prices and available products, deciding what to buy. In the end, Ronan, Jasper, and Mike formed a smaller line to avoid crowding.

"We're going to the bathroom," Angela said, approaching Bella with Jessica. "Care to join us?"

Bella quickly glanced at Edward, but nodded and went with them.

"Are you coming, Alice?" Bella asked.

"Sure."

All the girls left, leaving the three guys in a rather uncomfortable and strange atmosphere.

"I... I'll go to the bathroom too," Eric said, not waiting for an answer, and ran off.

Devon wanted to sigh, although he had no need to do so, but simply focused on looking at the extremely interesting, stain-covered carpet.

"Just friends, huh?" Edward couldn't take it anymore, and the words simply came out of his mouth.

Devon looked him directly in the eyes with a mix of annoyance and confusion.

"Yeah. Ronan and I are just friends."

Edward clenched his teeth for a moment, but quickly relaxed.

"Doesn't look like it," he muttered, and almost sounded annoyed, "you seem to get along much better than you say."

Devon let a small smile show as he shrugged.

"And you seem too jealous to have a girlfriend. I remind you that I'm a free man and can be with whoever I want and kiss whoever I please. I really don't understand what exactly bothers you, that I go out with someone, or that I go out with your brother," he crossed his arms, "besides, you and I were never anything, and I mean it when I say I don't know what bothers you."

Edward didn't know what else to say. He had no words because it was true that he had no right to claim anything. Not when he made the decision to stay with Bella.

The others returned shortly after, and no one missed the suddenly tense atmosphere, but fortunately, they entered the cinema and, honestly, almost everyone enjoyed the movie. Everyone except Edward. Even Bella seemed very happy to be there.

After leaving, each went their own way after saying goodbye. Devon and Ronan decided to take a short walk before returning. Although they didn't make it to the end of the block when Ronan took Devon's hand and made him enter a nice cafe to get something to drink and a dessert.

Not that they really filled up, but Devon had noticed that Ronan ate a lot, and he continued to eat as if he were an average human, maybe a little less.

The place was nice. Both sat at a table by the wall, and a friendly waitress took their order, although the poor girl, who was around seventeen or eighteen years old, blushed and stumbled a couple of times while speaking. It was rather adorable, but as soon as she finished taking their order, she hurried away as fast as she could.

Then, it was just the two of them in a rather quiet and pleasant atmosphere.

"I told you," Ronan spoke, playing with a napkin and tearing it into pieces.

Devon looked at him curiously.

"Told me what?"

Ronan let out a little laugh and stopped playing with the napkin. Instead, he leaned his elbow on the table and rested his chin on his hand.

"That I would have you all to myself by the end of the night."

Devon rolled his eyes while leaning back in his chair but let out a laugh.

"I guess so."

The waitress from before returned with their order and placed it in front of each. The poor girl's hands were shaking, and she did her best not to look at either of the two.

"Thank you very much, sweetheart," Ronan said, intentionally trying to make her even more nervous. Devon kicked him under the table.

The girl looked at Ronan with wide-open eyes. Both men heard her heart racing incredibly fast as she nodded and rushed away again.

Ronan didn't stop looking at her until she disappeared behind the counter. Devon just shook his head with amusement.

"I'm surprised at how easily you can annoy people."

Ronan pouted quickly.

"Jealous?"

Devon rolled his eyes.

"We're just friends, right?"

Ronan snorted and took a bite of his strawberry cake slice.

"Yeah...," he looked thoughtful, "I never liked more formal relationships. I like being a free man without ties."

Devon took a bite of his chocolate cake.

"I hope I'm not the exception."

Both smiled. But Ronan didn't say anything.

An hour later, when they both finished, they left the place and walked back to Devon's motorcycle, which was in the public parking lot two blocks away.

This time they walked in silence. The sky was already dark, and there were fewer people on the street, though it was pleasant.

They passed by an alley next to the cinema when they heard a small meow and the sound of a plastic bag. Ronan stopped abruptly. Devon looked at him curiously as his companion entered the alley without hesitation towards a plastic bag. Ronan tore the black bag and took out a small black cat with blue eyes.

"And they say I'm a monster," Ronan murmured, cradling the kitten and bringing it to his chest to pet it.

The little cat looked terrified, but Ronan's gentle strokes seemed to calm it a bit, although he didn't provide the warmth it needed.

Devon didn't think twice when he took off his sweatshirt and handed it to Ronan to wrap the kitten in and keep it warm. Ronan gave him a grateful smile, and they continued walking.

When they reached the motorcycle, they arranged themselves to put the cat between them without crushing it but avoiding it being hit by the wind, and they advanced to Devon's house.

"I don't think he'll feel very comfortable among pure vampires," Ronan said once they arrived. The cat had already curled up, but Ronan continued to pet it without looking away. "I love cats, but I can't keep him. Do you think Charlie and your mom will want him?"

Devon thought for a moment.

"Definitely not, but if I take him without warning, they won't have the heart to kick him out of the house."

Both smiled.

"Thanks, Dev."

He handed the cat to him, giving it a final caress, and then approached Devon to give him a long, deep kiss on the lips.

"See you tomorrow at school."

Ronan nodded, tucking his hands in his hoodie pockets.

"Until tomorrow."

Devon turned around and entered his house. Ronan stayed a moment longer and then went to his own home.

Fortunately for the little kitten, Amy adored him immediately, saying that she always wanted to have cats in the house, but Charlie always refused. Now that the little animal was in the house, Charlie couldn't even think of kicking him out into the cold street.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

679K 19.2K 80
*Twilight series fanfiction* *Set after Breaking Dawn It has been a few months since the last encounter between the Cullens and the Volturi. Life has...
78.6K 1.7K 35
You are the older adopted sister to Bella Swan and you recently found out you come from a long line of witches. While she lived with her mom in Phoen...
160K 7.3K 34
.•A story in which a vampire and a hybrid find each other in a strange way, and end up being perfect for each other. When a human enters their family...
134K 2.3K 25
"I love Jasper" I shout back at her after reaching the end of my tether "I love him more than you ever care to see because you are so caught up in yo...