Sweater Weather ๛ Edward Cull...

By NovaWayne

sᴡᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ 𖦆 Devon is often described as a problem boy. He always gets hit in the face and has a folde... More

sᴡᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ
❨ 001 ❩
❨ 002 ❩
❨ 003 ❩
❨ 004 ❩
❨ 005 ❩
❨ 006 ❩
❨ 007 ❩
❨ 008 ❩
❨ 010 ❩
❨ 011 ❩
❨ 012 ❩
❨ 013 ❩
❨ 014 ❩
❨ 015 ❩
❨ 016 ❩
❨ 017 ❩
❨ 018 ❩
❨ 019 ❩
❨ 020 ❩
❨ 021 ❩
❨ 022 ❩
❨ special chapter ❩
❨ 023 ❩
❨ 024 ❩
❨ 025 ❩
❨ 026 ❩
❨ 027 ❩
❨ 028 ❩
❨ 029 ❩
❨ 030 ❩
❨ 031 ❩
❨ 032 ❩
❨ 033 ❩
❨ 034 ❩
❨ 035 ❩
thanks!

❨ 009 ❩

4.5K 174 9
By NovaWayne

୨ ♡ ୧

Not much time passed, but Devon felt it like an eternity. There were many people around him, making him feel suffocated. However, a pair of golden eyes he managed to observe in the crowd helped him feel calm in a way he couldn't explain. Despite wearing a helmet, those eyes were more intense, as if they could penetrate the small glass.

Devon heard the distant sound of ambulances and several students shouting to direct them to the injured. At one point, someone asked the students to move away so they could transport the injured.

Four paramedics approached Devon and carefully lifted him onto a stretcher to take him to the ambulance. In the ambulance, they removed his helmet carefully and began examining him. The pain was quite bearable, but he preferred not to feel it at all.

"Where does it hurt?" asked one of the paramedics kindly.

"My shoulder, it hurts a lot," he complained a bit while explaining. With his healthy arm, he held onto the one that hurt.

Another paramedic examined him carefully, cutting the garment with scissors to avoid moving him and get a better view of the injury. Devon didn't have time to complain because they ruined one of his favorite shirts.

"He has a dislocated shoulder," mentioned the paramedic.

"Are you Devon, right?" the first paramedic asked, but Devon just nodded. "Devon, I'll fix your shoulder, but it might hurt a bit, okay? I need you to count from one to five."

He looked in pain at the man but nodded. The man helped him sit up, and with the help of another, he adjusted Devon's shoulder.

"One..." and he didn't reach two when he heard a loud crack.

"That's it," said the first paramedic. "Now rest again, and when you get to the hospital, they'll put a bandage on, and you'll be as good as new."

Devon actually felt much better after that and patiently waited to reach the hospital. They took him out of the ambulance on the stretcher and brought him to the emergency room, where Bella and Tyler appeared shortly after. Bella didn't know that Devon had also been injured in the accident, so she worried when she saw him and, without caring about anything, sat beside him.

"Devon, are you okay?" she asked alarmed. She furrowed her brow, and Devon almost thought Bella was more angry than worried.

He smiled. "I'm better now. I dislocated my shoulder, but they fixed it."

"Guys, I'm really sorry," they heard Tyler almost shouting while a nurse examined him.

Both guys looked at him with a small smile. Tyler seemed to be the more agitated one.

"Are you okay?" Devon hadn't noticed that Bella had been caught in the middle of the accident.

The girl nodded. "I'm perfectly fine. In fact, Edward Cullen saved me from being crushed by Tyler's truck."

Devon nodded relieved that nothing had happened to her because he knew Charlie would be furious. And at that moment, Charlie entered quickly with a panicked expression on his face. He quickly identified Bella and Devon, whom he approached.

"Bella, Devon. Are you okay?" He looked at Tyler. "You and I are going to talk."

"I am," Bella said. "Although Devon dislocated his shoulder."

"I'm fine," Devon murmured, trying to sit on the stretcher. The pain was much more bearable now, but he knew he couldn't make strong movements or he would really hurt himself.

"Guys, I'm really sorry," Tyler spoke as a nurse treated a small cut on his eyebrow. "I tried to stop, but I skidded."

Bella tried to smile at him. "It's okay. We're both fine." She took Devon's hand, who nodded at Tyler.

"No, really, it's not okay," Charlie retorted, looking at Tyler. He was upset, really upset, but as soon as he looked at Bella and Devon, that expression changed completely to one of concern and almost desperation.

"It wasn't his fault," Bella insisted.

"The street was very wet and frozen. It was just an accident that fortunately didn't turn into something worse," Devon added.

"He could have killed you both," he looked at Bella and then at Devon. "Do you understand that?"

"Yes, but it didn't happen that way," Bella continued. Devon decided not to say anything.

"Say goodbye to your license," he looked at Tyler, and Devon almost let out a laugh.

At that moment, the door opened, revealing Dr. Cullen. Devon remembered him from the last time and mentally thanked him for not mentioning anything when he approached.

"I heard the chief's daughter is here," he approached them and looked at Bella and then at Devon.

"Oh, Dr. Cullen," Charlie greeted.

"Charlie," he greeted back.

The blonde quickly checked Bella, saying in the end that she was actually fine because she had no injuries, and Cullen approached Devon with some bandages.

"It could have been worse if Edward hadn't been nearby," the girl said, and Cullen, who was unpacking the bandages, looked at her quickly. "He saved me."

"Edward?" Charlie asked. "Your boy?"

Cullen began to put the bandage on Devon's shoulder very gently. It seemed like he could do that task with his eyes closed, and he would do it just as perfectly.

"Yes, it was impressive how he arrived so quickly. He wasn't near me."

"I think you were lucky," Carlisle gave her a friendly smile but didn't seem willing to continue that conversation.

He focused all his attention on Devon and making his bandage, which didn't take long. Bella and Charlie looked at him, although neither of them missed some of the marks on the boy's body, but they didn't mention anything about it. There were many scars everywhere along with some bruises that were already fading. Bella seemed surprised because she knew nothing about Devon except his name. On the other hand, Charlie seemed upset and full of anger, not at Devon, but at the father of that poor boy.

"You'll be fine, Devon. I don't think you'll need painkillers, just rest and don't move your shoulder too much."

"Okay, doctor," he spoke for the first time. He knew they had been watching him, and that made him feel a little uncomfortable. He didn't like talking about what his father did or the reason for all those marks and scars that would stay on his skin forever.

It was after a few minutes that Carlisle finished and left the room. A nurse handed Charlie the discharge papers for both minors, and he quickly signed them to take them home.

Devon and Bella followed Charlie down the hall to the reception, where he looked at both of them with some concern.

"Maybe you should call your mother," he told Bella, and she seemed worried.

"Did you tell her?" Charlie just made an obvious expression. "Maybe she's desperate."

Bella took her phone out of her pocket and walked down the hall.

"I have to sign some things," Charlie warned, and Bella nodded as she kept walking. Then he looked at Devon. "In the patrol car, I have a jacket. Is it okay if you go ahead?"

"Sure."

Devon took a deep breath as he walked to the exit. He quickly found the patrol car and opened the back door, finding a quite large and warm jacket for the cold that he didn't hesitate to put on. He then waited, leaning on the car, feeling the cold air hitting his face pleasantly.

🥀

Fortunately, his motorcycle didn't end up in pieces, just some scratches on the paint, but not much more. On the other hand, the other car was a different story and ended up with a big dent. However, since Tyler caused the accident, he took care of all the expenses. Maybe he just felt guilty.

It was the next day that he ran into Edward in the hallway. The guy approached Devon directly and looked at him curiously.

"How's your shoulder?" he asked directly.

Devon frowned as he put a couple of books in his locker.

"Good morning to you too, Edward. I'm fine, thanks for asking." Edward almost growled. "Bella said you saved her from being run over by that truck. So, I appreciate it."

Edward remained silent for a moment before deciding to speak.

"It was nothing. I'm glad to know that you're okay." Devon felt Edward's gaze fixed on him, but he ignored it and didn't return the look.

Devon closed the locker and started walking. He hadn't noticed before, but since the accident, he realized that Bella seemed very interested in Edward, and he understood perfectly. So, he preferred not to intervene. After all, Edward hadn't shown that kind of interest in him, and he didn't want to make him uncomfortable or something. If Edward was also interested in Bella, who was he to interfere?

Edward followed him closely. It was somewhat difficult for him to understand his thoughts, so he didn't understand why Devon was acting so strange. Distant. He didn't like that.

"Are you mad at me?" Edward dared to ask, and Devon stopped his walk, looking at Edward with a furrowed brow.

"Not at all. I have to go take a test right now, so I'm in a hurry." Edward nodded resignedly, and Devon was about to leave, but suddenly the words came out of his mouth without thinking. "Can I ask you a question?"

Cullen nodded. He almost seemed eager.

"Of course."

"Are you interested in Bella in any way?"

Edward looked at him in silence, staring at him fixedly without knowing what to say or how to explain it. He was attracted to Bella in a way he couldn't explain aloud, or it would scare Devon. It was more about her blood that interested him; however, another feeling was blossoming in his dead heart, but it wasn't a feeling for Bella.

It was for Devon.

But Devon took Edward's silence as confirmation and quickly walked away from him down the hallway.

Poor my baby Devon, he always gets hit 😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Love Bites By ki

Fanfiction

80K 2.3K 20
Twilight x Reader ••• Your name is (Y/n) Swan. You just moved to Forks from Arizona, to live with your father, Charlie. On your first day back you de...
217K 4.9K 37
*COMPLETED*Ashley Cullen was just a baby when she and her birth parents were in a horrible car accident. Rosalie and Emmett Cullen happened to be by...
678K 19.2K 80
*Twilight series fanfiction* *Set after Breaking Dawn It has been a few months since the last encounter between the Cullens and the Volturi. Life has...
131K 3.5K 25
"You shouldn't have come" ° ° ° After leaving the Cullen and her brother, Irene is travelling around the world, running away from the Volturi. Leavin...