I can't be Bothered can I?

Von YSingc

Between then and now, Izuku already went through some shit huh? Yeah, going through a rigorous training, surv... Mehr

Chapter 1 - The Day After
Chapter 2 - Is this God's Blessing or a Devil's Curse?
Chapter 3 - A Large Revelation
Chapter 4 - UA's Past
Chapter 5 - Another One!?!
Chapter 6 - Curiosity
Chapter 7 - Confrontation
Chapter 8 - A Prey in Winter
Chapter 9 - A Prey in Winter (2)
Chapter 10 - How Do I Feel about You?
Chapter 12 - The Plan Moving Forward

Chapter 11 - Still Some Room to Improve

474 27 2
Von YSingc

Author : Couldn't really think of anything of to write in this chapter but I have to get some canon stuff out of the way. If you already knew about the episode you can skip this. Unless you just want to read for at least some progression :D ;)

2 Weeks Later.....

At Gym Gamma

Izuku : HAAAH

Cracks forms across the debris as the boulder then shattered in an instant. The rocks scatter across the ground in a common fashion. Izuku is seen flexing his fingers as he cocks his fist again for another strike.

Izuku : HAH!

He launches his attack with lightning speed as his One for All sparked with more energy. His hand flinches with his arm shaking. He shook his arm again as he reels his hand back for another attack.

Izuku : HAH!

*CRACK*

And another

Izuku : HAH!

*Crack*

And another

Izuku : HAH!

*Crack*

And another

Izuku : HAh!

*Crack*

Then another lands

Izuku : Hah!

*Crack*

Till his mental exhaustion caught up with him.

Izuku : hah!

His arm falls limp as he stepped back a bit with him hunching over. He then fell on his butt with his arms trying to support him. Only for it to fail as he falls flat on his back. He inhaled and exhaled slowly to relax his body as his voice got thrown out of his head.

Izuku : This is.... just painful to think.

An explosion was heard that was soon followed by a shattering sound, metallic clangs and others. Currently his whole class is now doing a whole session dedicated by the teacher to make special moves for the upcoming Provisional Hero License examination. The place where they would receive the chance to become a hero among the Pros. 

We turn over to the man of hot and cold, Todoroki, as he is looking at both of his arms with them both emitting their elements. Ectoplasm who is currently beside him started to talk to him.

Ectoplasm : As of right now, you can't use both of your sides at once. But have you ever focused fully on one side of yours to what you can do best with it?

Shoto looks at his hand as he draw back the elements. His mind dials back to when he was a kid in the training room. His mental mind reflects back on the constant suffering he endured along with the endearing training he went through. The constant burns, the constant insults, the constant physical beating, the face of the man who ruined his childhood. Burning away in the back of his mind.

Todoroki lowers himself as his left hand as it started to emit more flames, Ectoplasm watches as the boy suddenly started to coat his entire hand in flames. Todoroki then reeled his hand back as the flames started to grow with ferocity, slowly covering his entire arm.

His eyes narrow with some signs of anger behind them as stares intensely.

Shoto : Flashfire-

His hand rushes forward as the flames charges forward with it starting to spread out through the atmosphere. It charges forward with fury, causing an entire fire erupting from his arm causing a massive show of fire to appear.

Shoto : FIST

The flames soon receded letting Shoto look at his hand that emitted steam as he stares at it indifferently.

Katsuki : Hah..... Hugh.. Hah.....Hugh... hah..

Katsuki Bakugo, the explosive dynamite, wipes off his liquid nitroglycerin sweat as explosions cracks from his hand.

He stares at the boulder in front of him as he mentally starts to talk.

Katsuki : 'My explosions always reach large surfaces of area, they always cover the surface of the enemy, never going past that.'

He then starts curl his hand full of sweat giving it 2 ends with him slowly covering one end of it with his other hand. His mind goes back to the Kamino Ward as he was kidnapped by the League of Villains. He normally would curse himself for being captured easily but it gave him a good view on the villain's durability. They always tend to block off an attack that was too spread out.

Looking through the hole, Katsuki's palm pulsed with a reddish orange glow as it started to grow brighter over time. Then... a Beam shot out of the palm as it pierced through the boulder!

Katsuki : 'Thats what my move is made for, a heavy armor piercing move. AP SHOT'

The same could be said for his other classmates around the gym, their quirks were being utilized with more efficiency as they use their quirks in various ways with some pointers. They all were deeply focused in their training as the news of All Might hit each of them differently. For some, its a matter that they're now training not for getting stronger but to let themselves know that the Symbol of Peace is no longer present. For a few, its a matter of knowing that they can no longer be safe from the villains now possibly cooking up tyranny.

The feathers on the birds flutter above the roof of the gym as Izuku can't help but stare at it soaring through the sky.

Ectoplasm : Still couldn't come up with one?

Izuku looked over to his left to see the self duplicating hero, Ectoplasm. He was sitting down next to Izuku as he was waiting for him.

Izuku : I couldn't really Ectoplasm....

Ectoplasm acknowledges it with him nodding while he stares at Izuku with no subtle change in his body language. He stood up covering the view of the ceiling as Ectoplasm said with some lightheartedness. 

Ectoplasm : Then shall we continue?

Izuku could only nod as he got up and continued pummeling against the constant formation of boulders.

Going back down to the ground level of this structured lesson, we see Aizawa stepping with the sound covered by all the chaotic sound made by everyone in the gym. Beside him stood the skinny man, Toshinori, who follows with light steps as he calls out to each student as he gave some pointers.

Aizawa just sighs at this as he saw a book in the back pocket of Toshinori's pants as it is labeled "Teaching for Newbies".

Aizawa : 'Do teachers nowadays have no literal experience to handling teenagers? Cause I would have not been paid enough if that was the case'

Toshinori then came back to Aizawa as they both continued their stroll across the entire gym. Toshinori soon came to eye Izuku who was still doing the same thing as earlier as he tried to incorporate different moves from his attacks. Aizawa followed the Former Number One Hero's eyes as he looks at Midoriya who was doing an air bullet at close range as it formed a very large dent.

Aizawa : ...... The problem child seems to be hitting a road block.

The former hero could only nod to Aizawa.

Aizawa could only turn his head away from Midoriya as he continued his walk. Toshinori on the other hand stayed back as he looks at Izuku. Aizawa could only look back at him as he raises his eyebrow. He voices his confusion out to the former hero.

Aizawa : Are you going to help the boy? Or are you going to let him try to figure out something?

Toshinori could only look at Aizawa with a look that seems to be contemplating about something. His gaze turns to Midoriya again.

Toshinori : As a master, it is not my place to help him figure out his own abilities by me telling him the answer.

Toshinori vocalizes it with a bit of pity. Aizawa looks at him with a blank gaze a bit as he could see the proper reasoning behind it. He could only sigh at Toshinori as it was not his place to give him the answer.

Toshinori : ... But as a sensei, I have to at least give him some pointers. Besides, his fight back with Botan and that... "thing" was enough evidence to push me to help him.

He then started to climb up the platform while Aizawa just shook his head at the former hero.

Aizawa : As much as I want you to leave him to his own devices, you're persistent enough to keep helping the problematic child.

Aizawa clicks his tongue as he continues his walk.

Aizawa : 'But he really needs to hear from his sensei right now'

Back with Izuku, he was still panting in exhaustion as he laid back on the ground for the second time.

Izuku : 'My arms are in pain right now, Its nothing compared to when I shatter my bones but if I just do that every time. It wouldn't always work. Is there really nothing right now to use One for All at better efficiency?'

Izuku could only cover his eyes with his arm as his mind seems to carry itself back. He could feel his arm starting to freeze all over as his vision starts to slowly be covered by the snowy city. A screech rings through his ears as constant yells of pain, and agony were heard. He remembers himself even hesitating from even launching an attack that would shatter his bones at his double. It wasn't clear at the time but he could feel that possible thought making him less focused on battle.

Izuku : 'I just don't know.... am I just hitting a road block to One for All at this point?'

Unaware to him, a fragile man climbed on top of the rock before finally panting in exhaustion. Ectoplasm came over to pull up the former hero as Toshinori nodded his head at Ectoplasm while pointing at another direction. With Ectoplasm understanding the signal, he nodded before jumping away from the two.

Toshinori then look at the boy who was lying down as if he was dead asleep. His foot crunches after each of his step as he shifts himself to be sitting in front of his successor.

Izuku who picked up the sound of someone sitting, lowers his arms and sat up to get a view of the former hero in front of him.

Izuku : All Might-sensei.....

Toshinori looks at his disciple as he looks around him to see barriers blocking the views from everyone. He then faintly smiles at Izuku as he spoke lightly at first.

Toshinori : My time as a hero already ended Midoriya, you know you can address me as Yagi-sensei now.

Izuku's eyes turned away from looking at him. The reason? Izuku is just being a bit stubborn to listening to his master.

Izuku : .... what do I do?

Toshinori : Now that's really a question. What did you do?

Izuku opened his mouth to say something but quickly shut it as he sat there deep in thought refusing to bat it back with a counter. 

Toshinori on the other hand, saw that as he sighs to himself.

Toshinori : Is it something regarding about your life?

Izuku slowly moved his head towards his master's eyes before quickly retreating them to the floor again.

Izuku : It's just.... about Botan and Leero....

Toshinori crossed his arm as he looked at Midoriya with a serious look. 

Toshinori : Is there something you want to say about it?

The voice sounded a bit stern and strict. But Izuku didn't really react to it. 

Izuku : Its quite surprising to be honest... even now when I still have some contact with them, it bothers me that I have a kid with someone so carefree.... not that I'm complaining. She's just great. I honestly think about her all cause of my classmate reminding me.

Toshinori : *nods* Then do you see it bothering you?

Izuku could only flinch, to which Toshinori caught sight of as he then started to sigh again.

Toshinori : Then why did you mention it at all?

Toshinori : ....What are you not telling me Midoriya?

Izuku : I-I, I -I

Toshinori could look down at his hands as he stares at them with a sad look.

Toshinori : .... its regarding my retirement from being a hero isn't it?

Izuku : No no no, All Might i-its not that, its just.... its just...its-

Izuku could shake a bit as he looks at Toshinori with a rather complicated look. He could feel the world around starting to swirl in his eyes as he felt like a bucket of water is being poured on him. The way the world tilts left and right gave Izuku the feeling to just close his eyes and never think of this. But that was only an escape for which an arm was gripping on his shoulder.

Izuku let out a bit of a gasp as he looks at his master.

Toshinori : Midoriya. Things come and go.

Izuku couldn't look at his master even though he is facing him.

Toshinori : I know the provisional hero license is coming up, and that sooner or later you are going to be a legal hero. You're going to be out there, standing with the other heroes, being a hero.... without me by your side.

Toshinori : I know my retirement was really cutting it deep within you, and that you were possibly blaming yourself for my retirement. But take my words not from your hero, your idol or master this is only coming from me, Toshinori Yagi. I don't blame you, and it was never your fault, if anything I chose what I want to do that day, and it stuck with me on the consequences I made with my actions. So Midoriya you have to understand this.

Izuku having his tongue swirling around his mouth as he tries to distract himself, can't help but pull himself to look straight into his Idol's eyes. 

Toshinori : I chose you that day not to be a hero like me, but to be your own hero. You told me didn't you? 

A wide smile forms on his mouth as Izuku felt his face contorting as he felt the inner kid in him wanting to cry out in tears.

Toshinori : You wanted to be a hero not like me, but your own hero. You are not the next symbol of peace, you are not the next All Might, you are the not the next me, you are not just the successor to One for All.

Each word coming from his mouth pulls Izuku out of his thoughts as he listens more and more to his idol's words.

Toshinori : You are a hero who have the brightest smile even in the darkest hours, the spark I have given you has only started to crackle with more fire. You are Izuku Midoriya, next is the hero, Deku, the man who can do it. The Hero who can prove to the world that even One from Zero can Soar to the Top.

He then pats his successor's shoulder as he got up.

He then got back to the end of pillar as he started to climb down only after giving one more look of a determined smile to Midoriya as he slowly climb down.

Izuku started to feel his water works wanting to burst out of his eyes as he sniffles at his idol's words.

Izuku : 'So fucking cool, I can already die with a giant smile on my face'

He rubs his eyes as he wanted to stop his tap in his eyes from leaking more. He soon slaps both side of his face as he stood up while taking in a deep breath of air. He looks over to see everyone training themselves with their special moves.

His eyes stares blankly at everyone as he then closes his eyes with him giving a healthy exhale.

Ectoplasm soon came back as he landed on the platform as he looks at Midoriya. He sees the boy looking a little less stiff and stressed but more relaxed and determined.

Ectoplasm : Ready to continue now?

Izuku turns around as he looks at his sensei who is the one monitoring this lesson. A large smile appears on his face as his eyes held a large spark in them that was bigger than before.

Izuku : Hai!

Ectoplasm nodded as another boulder formed beside Izuku. Izuku lowers his stance as he starts to prepare himself, red streak marks appear over his body as they cover particular power points on Izuku. It then burst into green electric sparks of One For All energy.

Izuku blitz punch, destroying the boulder in an instant as another forms. He started to to not hold back as every time a boulder appears, he would bring it down with a quick smash. 

Izuku : 'I've really been holding that in that for so long. Everything that happened came by so quickly.'

A formation of a rocky hand appeared behind him as Izuku heard the noise before dodging to the side before launching a straight punch at it destroying the whole thing.

Izuku : 'Kacchan's kidnapping, the news of All Might's injury making him lose more time for heroing'

More hands appear as Izuku swiftly dodges by running up one as he send a straight punch down in a quick fashion causing a ripple of air to crash onto the ground removing the stems of the tendrils as they collapse.

Izuku : 'The villains gaining more power, All For One's influence, the battle at the Kamino Ward'

Ectoplasm suddenly jumped into the battle as he started duplicating into clones. They launch different set of attacks aiming for Izuku's blind spots for his back side and above him. They were then countered by Izuku grabbing one clone, then yanks him around blocking the attacks from behind him as he blocks the attack from above him before delivering a side kick destroying the clone.

Izuku : 'Then came All Might's retirement...... which was soon followed by me and Kacchan's frenzy argument. Kacchan was jealous of me for always seeing me stronger than him. I never thought of that. Cause I was always looking the other way. That he was always stronger than me'

He looks up to see Bakugo practicing more with his gauntlets as a ball form around his palm as he makes a small shaft for it with his other hand before firing it instantly into the boulder. It then exploded from the inside, basically blowing the guts of the boulder from the inside out.

Izuku : 'Even now, he knows how to become stronger when I'm only left at where I was at that fight.'

The Ectoplasm clones appeared in his view along with the tendrils. Izuku narrowed his eyes as he started to channel more energy of One for All.

Izuku : 'Even Botan's fight with me would've proven no results, she always seems to think far ahead and knows how to be more prepared.'

He was falling towards the ground slowly as all the clones of Ectoplasm were falling down towards him along with giant hands pushing forward to grab him. Izuku on the other hand still held the rock hard expression on his face that was brimming with determination.

Izuku : 'But All Might-sensei..... Yagi taught me an important lesson, a lesson I should've learned when I first gained One for All.'

His body starts to spark with more energy as the One for All surge through his body at faster rates in an upward direction. As everyone else around the gym focuses more on their special moves a voice echoes throughout their heads.

Midnight : What hero do you want to be?

Everyone's voice spoke out with fierce determination backing it up.

Everyone : 'THIS IS THE HERO I WANT TO BE'

Izuku landed with a large dust kicked up from the landing as the clones fall one by one into the dirt smoke. The parts of the smoke then got cut apart opening into the smoke seeing Izuku standing on his arms as his legs then started to spin with a strong momentum in it causing all the clones to slowly fly into the cyclone.

As they all start to hover again into the air, Izuku blitz towards the side of one of the rocky hands. His leg bent backwards with much wind coiling around his leg before delivering a cutting kick that broke his training field....

Izuku : 'I want to be a hero who inspires hope, because I'm not All Might, I'm a soon to be hero.'

デDEKUク

Izuku : 'I was always so focused on using my arms like All Might, but the answer to my problem was far from that.'

Shoot Style : St. Louis Smash

セントルイス スマッシュ

The whole area shook from the power coming from the attack as Cementos tries to stabilise the entire area so that it won't get shattered from the reckless boy's attack. As All Might was walking a chunk of rock was seen falling apart as it was seen right above him. Mina being the first to notice shouted out to him.

Mina : Oh no, ALL MIGHT SENSEI WATCH OUT.

All Might notices as he looks to see the debris above him. Aizawa had to go on the initiative as he was about to send his scarf towards Toshinori but pauses. The debris was broken through with a destructive force as the rocks scatter revealing a clean white smile through it. 

Izuku : 'Its cause my legs can handle One for All better, I just never knew that my legs were trained more than my arms.'

All- no Toshinori who saw this could only hold a smile on his face as he saw his successor already figuring out a special move fairly quickly.

Toshinori : You really are a surprise in my life Midoriya-shonen.

Hearing that from his sensei gives him a big smile on his face as he lands on the ground.

Izuku : Its because I learn from the best.

Toshinori : I'm no longer a hero Midoriya, you figured that out on your own.

Izuku could only look at One for All that swirls through his body as he clenches his fist as he thought about his new style.

Izuku : Its only the start, I still have some room to improve.

Aizawa seems to offer a big smirk behind his scarf.

The sight of seeing the most problematic child in his class smiling again with the same shine as before but backed up with more determination and lessons learned in seconds.

Aizawa could only sigh as he wipes the massive grin on his face.

Aizawa : Midoriya, you still need to continue training, the lesson hasn't ended yet.

Midoriya looked over as he rubbed his head in embarrasment.

Izuku : I'm sorry sensei, I'll go back now

Aizawa : Yeah and while you're at it, don't even dare use another powerful attack or else you may destroy the entire terrain in here.

Izuku : Hai!

He jumps away leaving the two there as Izuku got back to training with Ectoplasm to which he apologizes for being a bit too rough.

The two on the other hand then continued their journey across the entire gym as they give more pointers to the students as they all smile and started performing better while coming up with better special moves.

A figure was seen standing on the hillside with a large brown fluffy cap on her head. She was staring at the gym with a sad look on her face as she gripped on the cap. She gritted her teeth looking at it as she held the locket around her neck. Soon a phone rang in her pocket as she snapped out of her stupor before picking it up.

??? : Yes?

??? : You're required for this next task now.

The girl who was a bit emotional earlier had a stern look on her face as she gripped onto the phone.

??? : Details?

??? : It's great that you're not stalling for time.

??? : Look, its how the Yakuza works anyways. But again, what do you want me to do boss?

The other end of the phone gone silent as if the voice was thinking about something. The voice then came out with an ominous tone to it.

??? : It's a simple task for you, Yellow Blitz. Assassinate the underground hero, Erasure.

The call ended as the figure put down the phone. Her eyes shone with a spark of yellow in them as she looks at the gym again.

??? : ..... Well looks like it would be easier to approach them now.

The figure or rather a small girl have the edges of her lips curve into a  small happy smile on her face as she looks at the gym more. She started to hum a bit with a weird tune to it with a rather serene vibe as well. The atmosphere flutters with the leaves as the girl was then nowhere to be seen.

You really thought it was gonna be a copy of the original episode? Nah. I'm still trying to find ways to make it different. Also credit to Samuel, a friend of mine for being the criticizing reader for this chapter and being the one to help with some of the writing as well :D.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

632K 29.7K 91
"Love was so fucking cringey until I met you." You and your delinquent brother had been "troubled" kids, since the very beginning of it all. Before...
395K 11.2K 103
(Y/N) was a victim mixed in a horrible accident that caused her to lose her family at the age of 5. The Heroes shoved her off letting her die with th...
27.3K 569 8
Izuku's father forced him to go to UA to visit his Uncle Shota Aizawa. Izuku is a bad boy, he is waaayyy out of character in this book. Well, idk bu...
296K 7K 15
Izuku Midoriya. A young boy, who didn't seem as happy as he let off. His fake smiles seem to fool all those around him all except one.... Katsuki Bak...