Kingdom of Dreams - Kingdom H...

By PhoenixBunny456

Ten years ago, the Kingdom of Hearts sent the first mysterious bright light out of it. It was seen across all... More

Chapter One: Five Young Friends!
Chapter Two: Friends Scattered To The Winds!
Chapter Three: Stealing Hearts And Helping Young Maidens!
Chapter Four: Dreams and Wishes!
Chapter Six: Awakening Sleeping Princesses
Chapter Seven: A Villain and Future Allies!
Chapter Eight: Scarlet - Princess of Darkness?
Chapter Nine: Princess of Dreams - Reborn
Chapter Ten: Dream Festival
Chapter Eleven: What Makes A True Hero?
Chapter Twelve: Aqua's Potential Date and Deep Space!
Chapter Thirteen: From the Furthest Reach of Deep Space - Straight To Neverland
Chapter Fourteen: One Keyblade Is Enough For Any Friendship!
Chapter Fifteen: Death of Master Eraqus!
Chapter Sixteen: First Battle At the Keyblade Graveyard!
Chapter Seventeen: Cast Their Hearts To Another!
Chapter Eighteen: The Power Rests Within You
Chapter Nineteen: Donald And Goofy - Friends of Mickey's!

Chapter Five: Glass Slippers!

50 3 10
By PhoenixBunny456

A gentle song begins as Melanie, Willow, Scarlet and Aya are shown lying all besides one another sitting in a circle. "The One and only has come and there can only be one! And at Last I am Here!" Willow, Scarlet and Aya fade away as Melanie is shown sitting up as she suddenly was on the Destiny Islands beach. Melanie turns to look behind her at the sound of her name. Riku held his hand out with a smile. Sora and Kairi stood beside him with smiles on their faces. "Why can't I even breathe? Standing in the wreckage." Melanie reaches for Riku's hand before the ground caves out beneath them. "The rain, a lullaby and so I close my... eyes." Sora is shown with Donald and Goofy fighting off Heartless together before light flashes and Roxas, Axel and Xion are shown standing together as they faced away from Aya who turns to look back at them before they fade away and she laughs as she talks with Roxas, Pence, Olette and Hayner. "Within this world if you wish to live another day! You must disguise as a flower that will captivate!" Light flashes and Willow's flower pod is shown before Willow is shown floating inside before Ventus is shown sitting on his chair as Aqua, Scarlet and Terra floated like ghosts before they vanish into black smoke. Scarlet is shown reaching for Terra before she fades away. Riku is shown standing in his regular form before he's shown in the Organization outfit facing away from himself. "You, I want to believe! But I cannot believe!" Disney characters are shown as Melanie, Scarlet, Willow and Aya are shown flashing across the area like a ghost. "I'm powerless! I'm meaningless! Like every scar! But as I cry, tears fill inside right through my heart!" Kairi is shown standing on the beach alone as she stares out into the ocean waiting for her friends to return. "Through it all, I can hear someone whispering, 'come near'! All that I miss, it's infinite!" Xehanort is shown at the top of a rock with his organization members around him before Terranort is shown with a smile on his face and Scarlet is shown floating behind him with a sad look on her face. "And so I see! Tomorrow's come with a new sun waiting for me! The One and only has come! And there can only be one! And at Last... I am here!" Queen Minnie, Daisy, and King Mickey are shown standing together. "There is a part of me that wants to forgive you!" Riku and Sora are shown fighting off Xemnas. "But I will not forget – I can't understand...yet." Riku is shown reaching for Melanie with Sora whose shape changes into Ventus and Roxas slowly as Willow and Aya are shown over Melanie before Melanie's eyes open and she grabs Riku's hand. "Within this world if I were to live another day! I must learn this song and quickly learn to play along!" Light Flashes and Kairi is shown reaching for Sora as the two were being separated by a rift. "If I want to believe! I just need to believe!" King Mickey is fighting off enemies with Riku in order to get to Melanie. "Freedom's a lie – Even so I must cross that line!" Light Flashes and Aya is shown as a child laughing with Lea and Isa before light flashes and Axel is shown standing in front of Melanie before he looks over his shoulder to see Saïx and the rest of the first Organization staring at them. "I'll scream it loud – Barren, I shout 'I'll make it mine'!" Light Flashes as Willow, Ventus, Aqua, Scarlet and Terra are shown laughing together before Willow and Ventus fall back asleep just as Terra turns into Terranort, Scarlet gets bound in chains and Aqua is absorbed in darkness. "And so I turn away from the truth that's in my way!" Light Flashes and Willow, Scarlet, Melanie and Aya are shown standing together with their backs to one another as they stand in a circle. "Defy the gods, despite the odds! I'll find that light! Something so pure – I'll search the world into the night!" Ventus, Terra and Aqua appear in front of Willow and Scarlet before Roxas, Axel, and Xion are shown standing in front of Aya. "The one and only has come and there can only be one! And at last..." The two groups fade away as Willow, Scarlet and Aya are shown turning into three floating hearts that enter Melanie and she closes her eyes as she held her hand against her chest before she opens them to find Riku, Kairi, Donald, Goofy and Sora smiling at her while Riku had his hand outstretched to her. "I am here!" Melanie reaches towards Riku to take his hand before light flashes and the title is shown.

[Later That Evening]

Terra walks through what looked like a forest but appeared to most likely be a garden. He hears the sound of crying and he wanders over to the sound.

"Is something wrong?" Terra asks.

"It's just that my friends made me the most beautiful dress, but my stepmother and stepsisters ruined it. And I was so looking forward to the ball." Cinderella explains.

"Darkness always finds a way into a wounded heart. You have to be strong." Terra explains, "Strength of heart will carry you through the hardest of trials."

"But I..." Cinderella states. Suddenly Unversed appears to attack.

"Unversed!" Terra yells out and begins to battle them. Afterwards, he looks over at Cinderella.

"I can't believe... not anymore..." Cinderella cries. Terra crosses his arms. He wasn't good with crying women. Scarlet got upset one time and it was too much for him.

"Strength of heart is important, but that's not all you need." A voice states.

"There's nothing left to believe in... nothing." Cinderella replies.

"Nothing, my dear? Oh, now, you don't really mean that..." The voice says and Terra watches as something begins to appear sitting on the bench beside Cinderella.

"Oh, it's just no use." Cinderella cries.

"Nonsense! If you'd lost all your faith, I couldn't be here, and here I am." The voice states solidifying into an old woman, "Oh, come now, dry those tears. You can't go to the ball looking like that." She makes Cinderella stand.

"The ball? Oh, but I'm not–" Cinderella objects.

"Of course you are. But we'll have to hurry." The old woman states. She summons a wand.

"Now what were those magic words? Oh yes! Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!" The old woman states and does magic. Terra watches as a pumpkin becomes a magic carriage. His eyes widened in shock watching. Cinderella gets a beautiful dress.

"Oh... It's a beautiful dress." Cinderella exclaims, "Why... it's a dream come true!"

"Yes, but like all dreams... I'm afraid this can't last forever. You'll have only till midnight, and then on the stroke of twelve, the spell will be broken, and everything will be as it was before." The old woman states.

"Yes, I understand." Cinderella replies. Cinderella gets into the carriage and leaves for the ball. All Terra could do was stand there.

"Her heart was full of light. Why didn't I see it?" Terra asks, "What did you do? I can hardly tell she's the same person."

"Who are you?" The old woman asks.

"Terra." Terra replies.

"Terra, in your heart, do you believe that dreams can come true?" The old woman asks.

"I do. But I also believe you have to make an effort to make them come true." Terra explains.

"Yes, of course. But sometimes just believing in dreams is easier said than done. Cinderella believes her dreams can come true. I wanted her to see that she is right." The old woman explains.

"So that's what made her shine - faith in her heart that anything is possible. Where did she go?"

"To the royal ball at the palace. Go and when you see her dancing... you'll know that she believes, and that will help you to believe too." The old woman explains. She looks at him. Scarlet appears like a ghost floating beside him. The old woman smiles as she could see Scarlet but Terra could not. Terra leaves for the ball.

[Later]

Terra arrives at the ball to see Unversed attacking Cinderella.

"Not here too!" Terra exclaims and fights off the Unversed and saves Cinderella.

"I've met you before!" Cinderella gasps out.

"I'll take care of them. You wait right here." Terra declares.

"Please, may I go with you? I so want to get to the ball." Cinderella explains. Terra thinks about it. He thought he saw Scarlet smiling at him.

"Alright. But stay behind me, or you'll get hurt." Terra demands. Cinderella nods.

"You're not worried?" Terra asks.

"Didn't you tell me it was important to stay strong?" Cinderella reminds him.

"Oh, um... I guess I did." Terra replies. Cinderella giggles.

"So... you ready?" Terra asks.

"Yes..." Cinderella replies and they head inside as quickly as they could. Terra escorts her to the party safely.

"Thank you... oh..." Cinderella states realizing he doesn't know his name.

"Terra." Terra replies.

"Thank you Terra." Cinderella replies. Terra nods and bows slightly like he often did around Scarlet when they were goofing off. Cinderella heads over to dance with the prince. She dances with the Prince and Terra watches her. Terra's eyes widened.

"Maybe just believing is enough." Terra whispers. Terra was getting ready to leave when he noticed Unversed. He heads up and ends up encountering a giant Unversed that uses an attack on him. Scarlet sets off a defense shield and Terra vanishes. He appears below before he fights off the Unversed.

[Afterwards]

"Thank you. You saved us all." A guy states and looks around, "The guests were just starting to enjoy themselves."

"Well, don't give up just yet..." Terra points out and motions over to where Cinderella was talking to the Prince, "Tell me something. Have you always had a problem around here with those monsters?"

"No. I believe they began to appear shortly after a boy in a mask arrived in our kingdom. Those that saw him said the monster obeyed his every command." The guy explains. Terra's eyes widened. The boy in the mask was the one who attacked Scarlet.

"A boy in a mask?" Terra asks, "Do you know where he is now?"

"Well... No, I don't believe anyone has seen him since then." The guy states.

"I see..." Terra replies. At the stroke of Midnight, Cinderella freaks out and runs out. Terra watches her leave.

[Meanwhile]

Aqua walks through the castle. She looks around and watches Cinderella rushing away from the prince's royal adviser. Aqua's eyes widen as she senses Willow's presence. She looks around but couldn't see Willow standing like a ghost beside her.

"Aqua!" Terra calls out.

"Terra! There you are!" Aqua exclaims and Terra rushes down the stairs to her, "Terra, Ven ran away from home and I learned... Willow's fallen ill for some reason. What's more, Scarlet is missing."

"Scarlet was kidnapped." Terra replies as he looks down, "I'm searching for her now."

"Kidnapped? Oh no... That's awful. But... with Ven... I think he left to find you. Do you have any idea why?" Aqua asks.

"No..." Terra responds as he thinks about it before he gasps, "Actually... Just before I left, he tried to tell me something. I think I heard Willow fall down too. I was too busy to stop and see if either of them were okay. I should have listened to what he had to say."

"Oh." Aqua says and she looks down sadly, "So... did you manage to locate Master Xehanort?"

"No, but it seems he's looking for pure hearts filled with light." Terra replies.

"Pure hearts... filled with light...? The only one who comes to mind is... is Willow but she's under Master's close eye." Aqua explains.

"All I can tell you is that his search hasn't taken him here." Terra tells her.

"All right." Aqua says, "I'll stay and see if I can find more clues."

"Okay. The prince is in the ballroom ahead. He might have some answers." Terra suggests.

"Thanks." Aqua replies. Terra nods and he stands there looking down. Willow stares at the two of them and she looks up seeing Scarlet floating there with a sad look on her face. Willow's eyes widened before Scarlet vanished.

"Aqua..." Terra begins.

"Hmm?" Aqua asks.

"You still have the same dream?" Terra asks.

"Well... yes." Aqua responds.

"There's this girl here – her name is Cinderella. She made me realize how powerful it is just to believe. No matter how impossible things seem... a powerful enough dream will always be enough to light the darkness." Terra explains.

"Mhm." Aqua replies with a smile.

"If you see her, give her my thanks." Terra tells her.

"Will do." Aqua says and Terra walks away. Willow pictures Terra and shares the image with Aqua. Aqua gets tears in her eyes.

"He'll be alright. He won't give in to it." Aqua whispers.

'The boy in the mask who was leading the Unversed... Who is he? Does he have anything to do with Master Xehanort's disappearance? And where did he take Scarlet? Master Eraqus said he first received word of these events from Master Yen Sid. Maybe it's time I went and spoke with him myself.' Terra's thoughts say. Terra leaves.

[Meanwhile]

Aqua heads towards the direction of the ballroom. As she walks towards the prince, Aqua notices three women walking out of the ballroom. Aqua gets a strange feeling from the three women and she looks at them confused. The royal adviser rushes into the room.

"Who are those ladies?" Aqua asks.

"Oh, er, if I recall correctly, that is Lady Tremaine and those are her daughters." The adviser replies.

'There was something very wrong about them...' Aqua's thoughts state.

'More than you know.' Willow's voice says and Aqua looks around confused.

"You came back." The prince exclaims and Aqua looks at him.

"Huh?" Aqua asks.

"Oh. My apologies. I was mistaken." The prince apologizes.

"R-Right." Aqua replies with a small blush.

"Your highness, I found this on the palace stairs." The adviser announces.

"A glass slipper?" The prince asks.

"One dropped by a lovely young lady, and I'll search far and wide to find the maiden to whom this belongs." The adviser declares.

"You will?" The prince asks.

"Of course, your highness. After all, you have finally found someone whom you wish to marry. Upon hearing that happy news, your father, the king, has decreed that a quest shall begin immediately throughout the kingdom. And I will start with the closest residence – that of Lady Tremaine." The adviser says and walks away. The prince also walks away and Aqua blinks confused. Something inside Aqua tells her to go after the adviser.

'Lady Tremaine... I had better pay her a visit.' Aqua's thoughts say.

[Later]

Aqua heads after the adviser. She confirms her feelings that there was darkness inside the house. She gets assistance from Cinderella's fairy godmother who helps her inside the house. Aqua arrives and finds Jaq struggling with a key.

"Are you okay?" Aqua asks.

"Cinderella's stepmother locked her in her room. I've gotta let her out. I've gotta save Cinderella!" Jaq exclaims.

"Let me help you." Aqua says and summons her keyblade.

"Oh, thank you." Jaq says and looks at Aqua, "Ooh! That's like Ven's! Did you ever meet Ven?"

"I'm Aqua, but tell me how you know about Ven." Aqua explains.

"We're friends – good friends! Ven helped me fix Cinderella's dress." Jaq announces.

"And where is he now?" Aqua asks.

"He's looking for a friend – another friend." Jaq replies.

"I see..." Aqua says with a sigh.

'Ven, you must have just missed Terra...' Aqua's thoughts say. Aqua agrees to help Jaq. Unversed attacks Jaq as he's trying to get the key to the attic. Aqua acts as the little mouse's body guard. She fights off the Unversed as Jaq rushes to the mouse hole. Aqua continues fighting off the Unversed and sends Jaq on his way. Aqua heads to the other room and watches as the adviser finishes up. Aqua wishes to stop the adviser and she ends up big again. She falls over and everyone looks at her.

"Oh... would it... would it be alright... if I tried on the glass slipper?" Aqua asks.

"Hmm... I met you at the palace. Unfortunately, you are not the young lady the Prince is looking for." The adviser says.

"But I am a girl. I should at least be given a chance to try it on." Aqua explains.

'You tell him, Aqua!' Willow's voice says and Aqua smiles.

"Who are you, and what are you doing in my house?" Lady Tremaine asks.

"She's probably here to rob us." Drusilla snaps.

"Mother, do something!" Anastasia whines.

"That girl does not live here." Lady Tremaine demands, "I have only two daughters. I believe we're finished here, your grace."

"Regardless... She means no harm. Here you are, my dear." The adviser explains.

'Jaq... Hurry...' Aqua's thoughts say.

"Your grace... Please wait. May I try it on?" Cinderella asks and rushes down the stairs.

"Pay no attention to her. She's just an imaginative child." Lady Tremaine explains.

"Madam! My orders were every maiden!" The adviser declares.

"You should let her go first." Aqua says and she holds out her hand for Cinderella.

"Thank you." Cinderella breathes out as Aqua guides her over to the chair.

"I actually want to thank you, for teaching Terra he needs to keep believing." Aqua whispers.

"Oh?" Cinderella asks and Lady Tremaine trips the adviser, shattering the glass slipper. Aqua gasps in shock.

"What will I do?" The adviser cries out.

"Please, don't worry. You see, I have the other slipper." Cinderella says and the adviser cheers while Lady Tremaine gasps in shock. The adviser puts it on and it fits perfectly.

"Yes!" Jaq exclaims.

"A perfect fit. I must inform the Prince immediately! You will come with me, of course." The adviser announces.

"I'd be happy to." Cinderella replies. Aqua sees them off. Cinderella screams after they leave and Aqua rushes to help. Aqua uses herself to protect Cinderella.

"This is what happens when you go against my wishes!" Lady Tremaine says and the three are overcome by darkness.

"The darkness in their hearts overtook them." Aqua says, "Go." Cinderella rushes away. After Cinderella is gone, Aqua fights off the Unversed carriage. When it goes to attack her. A bright light appears over Aqua like a force field. Aqua's eyes widen as in the force field she sees Willow smiling. Aqua quickly finishes off the Unversed and she watches as the Prince and Cinderella are reunited. The fairy godmother appears and Aqua looks at her.

"A pure heart filled with light. It's strange, the master taught me darkness needs to be destroyed. But how, if not with light?" Aqua asks.

"Oh, my dear, you're too young to know. But it seems even in youth, your friend knows exactly how." Fairy Godmother says.

"My friend?" Aqua asks.

"With hair like the blush of a maiden, in a deep sleep, she uses her pure heart as a shield of light for those she cares about." The Fairy Godmother says.

'Willow...' Aqua's thoughts say, 'So... I really did see Willow... She's being a shield of light for me. But... does that mean she's with Ven and Terra also?' Aqua looks up into the sky and she closes her eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 121 35
Hana (Japanese pronunciation not Hanna) has always been friends with Lea and Isa. Unlike them, she'd rather spend her time tending to the flowers in...
13.2K 362 43
A girl wakes up on a distant shore...with no memory of who she is or was before the moment she opens her eyes to the sky. The only thing is, in a uni...
9.1K 60 18
You already know what happens within this... but what if I told you not all was true and there's more after? Join Trf/(y/n), sora and the rest of the...
1.1K 8 43
The story of a young girl who dreams of seeing worlds outside her little world called "Destiny Islands". All her life she wondered what life, secrets...