ɪʟʟɪᴄɪᴛ ᴀꜰꜰᴀɪʀꜱ • ʀᴀꜰᴇ ᴄᴀᴍᴇʀᴏ...

Door delicatessss

Rafe Cameron's love and obsessions. JJ Maybank's issues and recklessness. Rafe Cameron x OC x JJ Maybank. OBX... Meer

ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ
ᴄᴀꜱᴛ
ᴀᴇꜱᴛʜᴇᴛɪᴄꜱ
ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛꜱ
𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝕋𝔼ℕ
𝔼𝕃𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝕋𝕎𝔼𝕃𝕍𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ

𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐

582 8 10
Door delicatessss

"SHE'S GOING TO KILL ME" Hope muttered it to her father when the both of them standing in front of her parents' bedroom after they walking into the house. Her father suggested for her to go and confront her mother first before she goes back to her bedroom and get a rest.

She can't help to sweating, staring at the big door almost like she can burn a hole on it. She knows that she needs to confront her mother sooner or later, they're living in a same house, she's gonna bump into her mother everywhere and anywhere. There's no escape from this.

"She's not going to kill you, Hope" Richard assured his daughter "She's gonna get mad and gives you lectures but that's normal. She's just worry about you. She's your mother, it's what a mother did" he continues, putting a hand on her back.

"That's not exactly what you said to me before" she retorted, remembered what he said to her when she asked what will happened if she's going home and walking through that door.

Richard let out a small chuckle "I was joking, sweetheart. Just trying to scare you off" he said making Hope to pout a little "But trust me, you're gonna be fine. Plus, I'm not going to let anything happen to you. I'm gonna protect you, from behind" he grinned.

Hope snorted "If you're afraid of mom, you can just said it, dad" she said "You don't have to act like a hero or something. We both can run at the same time if mom decides to hulk out at me"

Richard chuckles"I'm not afraid of your mom. I'm the man here" he states "But that does sounds like a good idea. We both can run at the sometimes"

"Stop playing around, it's not helping at all with me being nervous" She nudges the man a little, but her lips still manages to twitch upwards at the corner.

"Come on, better now or never" Richard states, pointed at the door motions for her to get through it and get straight to the business.

Hope pursed her lips, she takes a deep breath and slowly letting them out. When she feels like she's ready, she gives her father a nod.

Richard smiles, ruffling her hair a little before he pushed the door open and walking through it first while Hope trailing right behind him.

"Honey--where are you?" Richard spoke as soon as he made his way into the bedroom, searching for his wife at every corner.

"What's going on, Rich?" Her voice rising in the room causing Hope to panic, she knows it just a matter of time until she's going to face to face with her mother.

"Come out here, I need to show you something" Richard said, standing in the middle of the room with a hand on his hip. He looks at his daughter that look terrific, he gives a small wink at her when they're looking at each other.

Hope just pursed her lips, taking a reassurance from the gesture.

"Give me a minute" Her mother said.

"We'll be waiting out here" Richard announced, hoping onto the king size of bed causing it to shake a little because of his weight.

"We?" The woman chiming again "What do you mean, we? You bring someone into our bedroom?" she continues and her voice getting clearer and louder before her figure walking out from the bathroom and finally makes an appearance.

Both Richard And Hope looking shift their attention on the woman as soon as she's joining them. Hope swallowing hard, her body starts to straighten up once she saw her mother.

Rayna Thornton stops walking when she caught another figure besides her husband in her bedroom. Only to find out the person is her daughter, who went missing for days.

Hope didn't know what to do or even to say. At this point, she even feels like she's breathing in a wrong way when her mother's eyes pinning right into hers.

Both women didn't say anything to each other, just standing across from one and another without saying anything. The tension rising in the room, Hope can feel her own heartbeat pulsating in her ears.

"Look who's finally here, darling" Richard spoke first, breaking the silent between them. His eyes glancing in between his wife and his daughter.

Hope breaks into a small smile "Hey, mommy" she greets the woman, taking a step closer towards her "Did you miss me?" she continues, trying to make the conversation.

Rayna still remain quiet, she's only staring at Hope like she just saw a ghost. But mostly she just can't believe her eyes, she thought maybe her brain playing a trick on her until it started to project her daughter's figure in front of her.

"Hope?" Rayna finally speaks, her voice croaked a little due to the shocked that still hitting her.

"Yeah--it's me" Hope states hesitantly, she can't really read her mother's actual reaction. All she can see from the woman is shock.

Rayna taking another step closer to her daughter without tearing her eyes from the redhead making Hope to shift her body a slightly when she saw her mother getting closer to her. But she didn't say anything or move away from her.

When Rayna is close enough to reach out for Hope, she hold out her hand to splay her palm on her cheek. Her eyes wandering all over her face before moves them to her body, searching for anything unusual from her daughter that wasn't there from the last time she saw her.

Rayna can't spot anything that tell her that her daughter is in a bad condition, there's no wounds or even bruises on her face and her body. She can make sure that Hope is fine, she slowly let out a breath of relief.

"If I didn't know you better, Hope Amelia Thornton. I think I'm going to give you a hell for what you did" Rayna finally spoke causing Hope to frown a little "Don't ever pulled anything like this again, I was worry sick about you. I thought you were in a deep trouble, I thought you got kidnapped and probably got killed"

Sure, she was when she knows what Hope did but it slowly turned into worries. Her daughter was out there, somewhere around the island and no one can reach out for her, of course she's worry. Very worried.

And now Hope is right in front of her, looking all fine and good like this, she can't help to feel relief. There's no words can describe how grateful she is right now.

"I'm so, sorry mom. I didn't mean to make you worry like this, I didn't even meant to go missing like that without telling you anything" She apologized, looking down to the floor. Not dares to look at her mother, afraid of the disappointed reaction from her.

"What you did were wrong, okay? Very wrong and I'm not going to tolerate with that. If anything happened to you while you were out there, that's going to be on me and your dad" Rayna continues, she dropped her hand from her face "What were you thinking, Hope? What makes you think that you can just bolted without telling any of us? or not going home like this?"

Hope chews her lips at the question and the nagging that coming from her mother. She feels guilty and bad, she knows she's in the wrong here but she can't possibly tell the woman the truth. She can't tell her parents what exactly going on behind their back, it's not something that you want to share with your folks.

"It's a long story, mom" She states, not really knows how to explain.

"And I have forever, it's not like you're not going to see me everyday in this house" Rayna said "Just tell me, okay? I'll listen to you, every single of it" she added.

Honestly, Hope is a little surprised by how calm her mother currently handling this situation instead of bursting out at her just like she always did. She would be yelling by now and throwing out all the hurtful things at her. But she didn't, Hope feels like this person in front of her isn't really her mom.

But she's not going to complain about it, she's glad that this turns out completely different than what she thought it could be.

"Is it because of what I said to you about that Pogue? That Luke's son? You were mad at me because of that? That's why you run away from me to him?" Rayna spoke again before Hope can open her mouth.

The mentioned about JJ and the conversations she had with her mother the last time they talked making her heart racing. She knows her mother hates JJ, for being a Pogue and a Maybank. But that doesn't mean she's going to let the hatred cloud her judgement.

"I wasn't run away with him, mom. That's not why I'm not going home and it has nothing to do with what you said to me" She replied to her.

"Then, what is it?"

Hope paused a little, giving her mother a look before she slowly averts her eyes to her father who is still sitting on the bed looking at them.

The man looks calm, he's been watching them in such peace demeanor. Almost like he's been expecting this is going to happen, just like he assured her. That her mother isn't going to go off at her.

Richard caught the look from her and almost like he can read the sign, he nods his head. Telling her that it's okay and she can tell the truth, or at least a glimpse of what happened.

He also has no idea about it instead of that Hope was with Sarah the whole time after the midsummers before she told her that she was with Rafe after Ward kicked him out from his house. That's what he knows, but he can tell there was something other than that.

But he's not going to push her to open up about it. Not yet.

"Go ahead, tell your mother about what you told me" Richard assured, giving her a reassurance smile.

"I was with Sarah, okay? The whole time and I wasn't running away just like you thought or like people talked about" Hope gives out the lie just like what she told her father before "We were just having too much fun and kinda forget about everything"

"You can't even at least tell us by text? Just a simple text so we know that you're fine?"

"I know, that's a mistake I made and I'm sorry for that" Hope admitted "But I left my phone inside my pouch in Rafe's car since he was my ride that day. I just forget about it, but I swear it's nothing really happened"

Rayna let out a sigh, she pinched the bridge of her nose while closing her eyes a little "I'm so worry about you, Hope. Very worry. I almost asked the County to start a search party for you" she continues.

Hope keep feeling bad "I know, I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry for it. I promised I'm not going to do anything like this again" she apologized, looking at her mom with a pleading look "I learned my lesson, okay?"

Richard started to move away from the bed and approaching his wife before he puts a hand on her shoulder causing Rayna to look up to him.

"Go easy on her, honey. She made mistakes but I'm pretty sure she learned her lesson already. She's good, that's what matter to us" Richard said, completely taking Hope's side and trying to convince his wife "Plus, she's a teenager. That's what they do, having fun and all"

Hope can't help but to smile when her father starts to spoke for her behalf in order to make her mother to forgive her. She's so grateful that he's being so understanding instead of berating her for it.

"Please, mom. I'm really, really, really sorry. I swear this isn't going to happen again" Hope continues to speak, begging for it.

Rayna averts her gazes from her husband back to her daughter after hearing both of them. And she knows she needs to give in, she can't be mad at her daughter forever and maybe she was being was too hard on her this whole time. Maybe she needs to go easy on her after this.

Richard is right, Hope is a teenager now. That's what they did and she can't really restrain her from doing something that a normal teenager did. She knows that Hope is able to take care of herself or even to think what's good and bad, she's old enough to think about it.

"Fine, fine, I forgive you" Rayna finally said, sighing a little.

Hope's face brightened up, she automatically jump on her position with a little squeals come out from her mouth "Thank you, thank you" she said before she run towards her parents and pull them into a bone crushing hug.

Both Richard and Rayna can't help but to smile and soft laugh coming out from their mouths when her arms start to pull them closer to each other. They slowly leaning into it, bringing their arms to engulf the girl back.

"Don't ever pull that thing again at us, Hope. We were worry sick about you and I almost got a heart attack" Richard continues to speak, brushing her hair lightly.

"I promised that, not going to happen again" She promised and she knows she's not going to do anything like that again.

"That's good to hear" Richard nodded, satisfied with the answer.

They both stay in the hugs for another seconds, letting the joy and the relief engulfed them. Until someone breaking through the door into the bedroom causing the three of them to look towards the entrance only to find Topper walked in.

"Hey, dad, I need to--" Topper stopped halfway from his steps when he saw the crowd inside the bedroom.

His eyes landing on his father before they slowly moves to his mother and finally on Hope. His eyes widened when he saw his sister in between her parents, almost like they just did a hug.

When did she come home?

"What's up, son?" Richard is the first to break the silence, noticing the look from the boy and he remained freeze on his position.

Hope parted away from her parents but she's still standing in between them and looking at her brother who is just couple meters away from her. He looks confuse and surprised, she's not blaming him for it.

"Hope?" Topper ignored the question from his father and he went straight to acknowledged his sister's presence after days of absence.

Hope pursed her lips at the acknowledged from him "What's up, big bro. Miss me already?" she said with a little tease in her tone.

The last time they saw each other, they were in a fight and not really in a good term. And she heard the stories about him, about what he did to John B that causing him to get a cast on his arm or what happened between him and Sarah.

But right now, she didn't want to think about it yet. It's a lie if she said that she's not missing her twin, he's still her brother after all. She's going to have a soft spot for him even after everything, though she's going to talk about what he did after this.

"You asshole!" Topper spit but before Hope can say anything, the boy already lurched towards her and crushing her with his body causing her to grunt a little.

Their parents taking couple of step away from their children, letting them to have their moment with soft smiles plaster on their face. Feeling an ease to see both of their children all over each other instead of going for each other's necks.

"I take it as you missed me" Hope mutters it when Topper already engulfed her with his hug "And uh--miss you too, Christopher" she said, patting his back.

"Shut up, you little shit" Topper warned when he heard her called him by his first name, tugging on her hair making Hope to yelp a little.

"That hurt, you jerk" Hope said, pushing his body away from her when he started to get violent.

"It's what you deserved" Topper states when they finally parted from each other.

"Yeah, real mature of you"

"Thought you forget the way back to here, finally found your road again?"

"Yeah, why don't you rub that all over my face?" Hope sneered at the sarcastic tone from him, knowing that he's trying to drag her for what happened.

"That's enough the both of you" Richard spoke when the quarrel between them start to rise, he really thought that they're going to be in a good term for more than a minute.

The twins shut their mouth, immediately stop from their banter while looking at the man.

"Why don't we drop and forget everything that happened and start fresh again?" Richard suggested, he glances at his little family in front of him that gather altogether in the bedroom.

"I'm totally down for that" Hope is the first to speak, of course she wants a fresh start instead of people keep pulling out her previous mistakes.

"Of course, you are" Topper mutters it, earning a glare from Hope "But, yeah, sure. A fresh start it is" He continues, he can't find any harm by doing it.

Richard nodded at the votes from his kids and it only his wife left to make a say for it "What about you, honey? You're in, or not?" he asked while looking at the woman.

Rayna pursed her lips for seconds "Of course I'm in" she said right after, smiling at them sweetly.

"It's settled then. A fresh start it is" Richard announced, glancing in between them that have brightened up so brightly at the announcement and Hope can't be more grateful for it.

At least she's still got her family right on her back even after everything.

•••

HOPE LEFT THE HOUSE earlier that morning after she promised JJ to meet him and the Pogues at the Château for another adventure about the gold. The Maybank boy insisted to pick her up instead of her driving to them. She honestly has nothing against it, she loves riding the bike with JJ.

She walked out from the door with her eyes darting on her phone screen not noticing that there's another presence already been at the lawn even early than her.

Richard was having his morning exercises just around the house until he saw his daughter walking out through the door. He stopped from doing his routine, his eyes automatically darting on the girl.

"Where are you going, Hope?" Richard spoke causing Hope to jump a little at the sudden voice greeting her.

"Jesus, dad" Hope startled, putting a hand on her chest and let out a relief breath when she saw her father standing on the lawn.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you" Richard apologize with a soft smile.

"That's fine" She brushed it away.

Hope putting her phone back into her pocket, slowly approaching the man. She knows he's having his usual morning routine, just like he always did. She can see he's sweating with his chest heaving, totally just done with his run.

"You're out early, today. Where are you going?" Richard repeated the question again while stretching out his arms.

"What can I say, got an early plan today" Hope states.

"Let me guess, with your friend that you kissed yesterday?" He teased.

Hope scoff "Don't start it, dad" She said, rolling her eyes.

"Just stating a fact"

"It's not something that I want to discuss with you"

"Why? Because you think I have no idea about how the teenage love work or something?" He raised his brows, putting a hand on his waist "I'm not that old, I watched enough movies"

"I never said that you're old" Hope snorted "And what movies were you watching, dad? I'm actually intrigued"

"I have my own sources and it called, mind your own business" He sarcastically said causing Hope to laugh.

"Hey, that's mean" She laughed, shaking her head a little.

"Sorry, but it's the truth" Richard is still nonchalantly said to her.

"Okay, dad. Whatever you said" She states, just giving the man the victory that he wants "But still, I don't want to discuss anything about me and him with you"

"Now you're being mean. I thought after everything, you're gonna consider me as your bestie?" He said, with a little pout.

"God, dad, who taught you that?" Hope laughed at the newfound vocabulary from him.

"I told you I watched enough movies and I have my own sources"

Hope continues her laugh while shaking her head, she thought it kinda amused how her father has a knowledge about her generation but she's still find it funny.

When she's about to open her mouth again, she got cut off by a sound of engine revving that coming from JJ's bike. She looks away from her father to the boy who already made his way to the lawn with his bike, a smile automatically plastered on her lips.

"There he is, the friend" Richard muttered, also looking at the boy.

"Shut up, dad" Hope warned him, giving him a look "Don't embarrassed me again"

"Whatever you say" Richard hold up both of his hands, showing a truce to her.

Hope averts her eyes back from him to JJ who already parked his bike and turn off the engine. She approached him, leaving her father behind.

"Hey--" JJ greets her first when he saw the girl walking towards him "Did I interrupted something?" he asked.

He saw both Hope and Richard were talking to each other at the lawn while he's making his way that forcing their attention shift to him.

"No, we were just talking" Hope said, keeping her a smile at him "Dad was just did his morning routines and all"

"Oh, that's nice" He replied with a nod "Morning, sir" JJ greets the man, holding up his hand as a gesture for him.

"Morning, JJ" Richard greets him back.

"You're looking good as always, the morning routines really paid off, huh?"

"What can I say, it's a habit I can't really neglected" Richard retorted "But thank you for the compliment. That actually meant a lot to me"

JJ grinned "Just saying the truth sir" he said.

Hope can't help to adore the interaction between her father and JJ, a smile never left her mouth while watching them talking to each other. She never thought that her dad would be this easy with the boy, considering the bad blood between Luke and him.

But she's not going to complain anything because she loves seeing them go along like this. At least she's not seeing any feud between her father and the boy that she likes.

"Where are you going to bring my daughter this morning, Mr Maybank?" Richard asked, he already stop stretching and taking few steps closer to them.

"Nowhere, sir. Just to the Château" JJ response.

"The Chateau?"

"Yeah, it's John B's house. We called the old shack as the Chateau" JJ explained.

"Mm-hm. Just there, nowhere else?" Richard continues his question.

"We might take a drive around the island with my friends, just doing some Pogues things like we always did"

Hope scoff a little, knowing that they're not going to just drive around the island for some Pogues thing but she just keep her mouth shut. She's so amused how easy JJ rolled out the lies from his tongue, almost like he's been doing this for multiple times before.

"Ah, so you're trying to get my daughter into the Pogue life, huh?" Richard blurts out.

"Dad--" Hope gives him a warning look. Not pleased with what he said.

"What? I'm just asking" Richard shrugged, he can't find anything wrong with his question.

Hope shook his head while JJ let out a chuckle "Just show her a life from the other side of the island, sir" he states "Can I do that?' he continues, even though he can see that Richard looks fine with it.

"As long as you're getting her home right on time and keeping her safe all the time" Richard announced, though he actually has no problems with it. Just trying to mess with the boy and his daughter.

"Of course sir. Her safety is my highest concern all the time. JJ said, straightened his back like a good soldier.

"Yeah, sure--" Hope mumbles, doubting him even though she knows that JJ really meant his words about keeping her safe.

"What, you don't believe me?" JJ shift his attention back on her when he heard the mumbles.

"I didn't say anything" Hope quickly said.

"I heard you mumbles something, princess. I might be a little bit dumb but definitely not deaf" He states, fully focusing on her.

"Maybe you just heard things"

"I'm not that crazy. Not yet"

"I didn't say anything, JJ" Hope rolls her eyes at the constant pushing from him.

"Fine, whatever you say" JJ huffed when he notices the annoyed from the girl, but he knows that she's not actually feels that way.

"Enough with the old marriage banter" Richard spoke out, putting the end to their argument.

Both JJ and Hope looking at the man.

"It's still early, I think maybe you can join us for the breakfast" Richard announced.

He already done with his morning routine, he thinks he can call out the day. And the idea just seeping into his head, maybe he can invite the boy into his house to join the family breakfast.

If he's actually want to get some information about the gold from his daughter and the Pogues, he needs to look convincing enough just so Hope and JJ can trust him. It can be the first step to it.

"What?" Hope blurted out, furrowing her brows at the announcement from her father.

"What?" Richard blurted that back.

"You--you want him to join the breakfast? Like, with us, and mom and Topper?" She questioned again, not actually believes the man.

Sure, she loves that JJ and her father are in a good term instead of going for each other throats. But she don't think that she's ready for this, for bringing JJ to her family event. That just alarmed her, like they already in a serious relationship even though they barely past that phase.

"Yeah, what else it could be" Richard nodded "Why, you don't want to bring him inside to meet your mom?"

Hope pressed her lips "I don't know, dad. I mean, you know, mom. I don't think she's going to like this" she said.

Her dad might be fine with this even though she's still surprised with how good he's taking this. But she doubts that her mom is going to handle this in the same way as him.

She already burst out at her after she heard about the rumours between her and JJ. That's enough to tell her a lot that she's not going to like this, much less to have JJ to sit in the same room as her. The woman is going to go rogue.

And she's trying not to get into an argument with her mother or even to hurt JJ's feeling in the process.

"She'll be fine, trust me" Richard assured the girl "She's gonna take this better than you thought"

"How did you know?" She asked.

"She's my wife, of course I know" he states "There's nothing you need to worry"

"I don't want this to be awkward, dad. I don't want to create anymore problems" She sighed, afraid that this not going to work just like she thought it could be.

"It's not, okay? I promised" Richard keep assured her, he takes another steps closer to the girl who is standing by the bike near the blond boy.

Hope pursed her lips, she slowly avert her gazes from her father to JJ. He looks confuse, not knowing what to say even what to do.

"If JJ agreed with it, I'm gladly to follow" She announced, causing JJ to shoot her look.

"What?!" He shrieks out at the sudden attention on him.

"What do you think, JJ? You want to get in and get a breakfast with us?" Hope asked him with a smile plaster on her face when she saw the panic from him.

"I uh--I don't know" He hesitates "I mean, will everyone gonna be fine with it?" he asked, glancing in between the father and daughter.

"Well, I'm the one who invited you. Of course I'm going to be fine with it" Richard states.

JJ smiles a little and look at Hope then "How about you?" he asked her.

"I told you I'm in if you agreed with it" Hope said "And I don't want to force you. You don't have to do this if you don't want to, it's all up to you" she continues, because she didn't want to make JJ feels uncomfortable with the whole things.

She can feel it's a little rush and JJ isn't really a type who wants to be part of any Kook's activity or even get himself involve with it. Just because he's tolerate with her doesn't mean that he's going to tolerate with her lifestyle.

JJ thinks a little, taking a minute before he can give an answer. Richard is right, it's still early and they definitely have time for a simple breakfast and he's also a little bit hungry since he didn't have any meals the night before or even this morning.

Plus, he always wants to experience a proper breakfast where people served you the foods right in front of your face. He never had any breakfast with his family since he barely had one and he definitely never had anything good to start his day.

He just chugged a beer and smoke weeds to start one, maybe he can change his morning routine just for one day. Nothing is going to hurt, right? The world not going to end if he just decides to eat something that's not John B's moldy food in his kitchen.

And he's going to have more time with Hope and he likes to get to know more about her family. Though he doubts that they all gonna be fine with his presence beside Hope and Richard.

"Okay, I'm in" JJ finally said.

"Really?" Hope chimes, not believes that JJ actually agreed with it.

"Yeah" He nodded "I mean, what worse can happen, right? It just a breakfast, nothing can hurt" he exclaimed.

"Okay, if you said so" Hope said, giving him a smile causing the boy to mirror the same one like hers "I'm in too, then" she states, looking at her father.

"Good, so we should get going then" Richard clasped his hands together, glancing in between the teenagers.

They both nod their heads, JJ already hoping out from his bike and standing right next to Hope making the girl to quickly touch his arm before she hold it lightly.

"Come on" Richard beckoned for them to follow him towards the house. He walked first, leading the way for them.

Hope looks up to the boy next to her "You ready?" she asked him.

"Born ready" He confirmed, beaming at her.

"Good. Come on" Hope said, she hold out her hand for him to grab and he did. JJ takes her hand, intertwined their fingers before they walked side by side towards the house right behind Richard.

"Honey, we got a guest today to join our breakfast" Richard announced as soon as he walked into the kitchen where he can his wife pacing around the kitchen with their maids.

Rayna stopped halfway from doing her work at the sudden presence from her husband. She gives the man a look, can't help to get curious.

"A guest?" She asked while Richard keep walking until he reached the sink to wash his hands.

"Yeah" He nods and grabbing a glass to get himself a water to drink. Getting thirsty from all the stretching and running.

"Who?"

"You'll see him" He states and takes a gulp from the glass.

"Him?"

"Yes, a him" Richard nodded making Rayna to get more curious.

She's in desperate for the answer, but she's got what she wants when she saw her daughter walking in with someone right by her side that she recognizes very well.

It's Luke Maybank's son.

"There he is" Richard said, putting down the empty glass on the counter while acknowledging the teenagers who already making their way into the dining room together.

Rayna swallowed a little at the sight of the blond boy right in front of her eyes and how his hand literally latched with her daughter. They both got a smile plaster on their lips but there's also a nervousness radiating from them. Mostly from the boy.

She averts her eyes from the pair to her husband. Richard notices it, he glances down to her and he caught the look that Rayna gives to him. Knowing that she needs him to explain it and he better has a good reason for it or she's going to lose her mind right now.

What exactly he's thinking by bringing in a Pogue into their house? A Maybank specifically. It's going to cause a curse or bad luck or something.

But Richard handles it with a calm, he shook his head to tell her to not caused anything that going to ruin their morning and he's going to explain about it later. He gives a small pat on her back, telling her that everything will be just fine.

Rayna pursed her lips, she knows there's no out from this if her husband already said it. She has no choices than putting up a smile on her face and go along with it, though she wants nothing than to get the boy out from her house.

"Oh, I didn't know that we have a guest for the breakfast today" Rayna looks away from Richard, starts to put up her sweet smile while acknowledging their presence.

"Yeah, dad invited JJ to join us this morning. Is it okay?" Hope spoke to her mother, trying to sense anything that showing that the woman isn't comfortable with it but she only can see a smile from her.

"Of course it's okay. We've got plenty of seat at the table" Rayna said, pointing at their dining table that already set with plates and cutleries along with the foods "We can have another one to join us" she continues.

Hope brightened up at the warm gestures from her mother. She didn't know if this because of the guilt that she didn't come home for days or something, but she can't be more grateful that her mother didn't acting up in front of JJ. This feels way to unreal to her but she's not complaining.

"You heard that, sweetheart? I told you she'll be fine with it" Richard chiming in.

"Yeah, good job, Dad" Hope said, giving the man a look.

Richard only chuckles at the action, he then walking away from the kitchen to the dining table to take a seat on his chair.

"Please, have a seat, JJ. Make yourself comfortable, don't be shy on me" Richard continues, speaking to JJ who's being quiet ever since he's stepping into the house with Hope.

"Yes, sir" JJ finally speak, nodding his head.

He can feel his stomach grumble at the delicious sight in front of him along with the smell that coming from all the dishes. It's been long enough since he had or even feels something like this. Or should he said, he never feels anything like this before? This almost like a heaven to him. He can't help to feel excited.

Hope can sense the excitement from the boy judging by how eager his eyes eyeing the dishes on the table. She swears she can see a drop of water coming out from his mouth, it's enough to tell her that the boy is hungry.

"Come on, big boy" Hope said, beckoning for him to join her father at the table.

"Yeah, come on" JJ quickly nod and walk towards the table practically dragging Hope since their hands still intertwined with each others.

Hope just shook her head at his behaviour without saying anything to point it out. She just wants to enjoy this moment where she can have a breakfast with her parents and the boy that she likes even though it feels almost too real for her to believe.

They both take their chairs right next to each other while her mother takes a seat on her usual spot just opposite them. Richard sit at the head of the table, being the man of the house he is.

"Where's Chris?" Hope asked for her brother earning a look from JJ at the strange name that comes out from her mouth.

"He's still upstairs" Rayna said, she already called out for her son minutes ago but the boy is still getting ready.

"How much you wanna bet that he goes back to sleep?" Hope mutters, snatching a waffle from in front of her.

"He'll be down in a minute" Rayna assured, though there's no doubt that Topper might go back into his sleep.

"Sure, I bet 5 bucks for it" Hope said, bitting the waffle without even waiting for anyone else.

"Then, you go up and wake him up again"

"Hell, no. I'm not doing that" Hope quickly shook her head with her mouth full of food "I'm not wasting my time for him"

"Hope Amelia, stop talking with your mouth full like that. It's inappropriate, we have a guest for god sake" Her mother berate her, not pleased how her daughter literally spitting some of the food from her mouth.

"Sorry--" She said, covering her mouth a little.

JJ can't help to laugh softly at the nagged she's got from her mother. It feels so homely to him and very close to a home. Something that he never had before and he wished that he can have it. And this is the closest thing he has to one.

"I'm sorry, JJ. They always like this" Richard spoke, trying to include the boy into the conversation when he remained silence.

"Oh, it's nothing, sir. I don't really mind. It's fun to see Hope got scold like this" JJ spoke, teasing the girl a little.

Hope grumbled, kicking his legs from under the table to show him that she's not pleased with the joke that he made about her. She gives him a glare when JJ looks down to her, he can't help to chuckle at the sour face.

"So, how are you, JJ? You're good?" Rayna starts to make a conversation with the boy, just being nice.

Maybe she can actually get to know the boy and why would her daughter is so whipped with him. It must be something that he can offer to Hope to have the girl falls for him. Knowing that nothing really he can give to Hope since he has nothing, being a Pogue himself.

"I'm good, ma'am. Thanks for asking" JJ answered, carefully eyeing the elegant woman who is still looks good for a woman in her age.

She's got a dark auburn hair compared to Hope bright strands but she's definitely got the gene from her mother. JJ can see a glimpse of Hope from the woman, like her face struck that matched the girl. But she looks more like Topper and Hope looks more like Richard. Especially around the eyes.

But he's still can picture Hope in her middle aged era from the woman. He knows that Hope is going to look very pretty when that time is coming and that actually warmed his heart a little just to imagine about it.

"How about your dad? Is he doing good or still wandering around with no direction as always?" She continues, putting an omelette onto her plate without looking at the boy.

The question actually causing Hope to scoff while JJ feels a little taken aback. He can sense a little venom from her tone, but she doesn't look mad or anything.

Or maybe she's just that good with her emotions.

"Mom--" Hope gives out a warned, starting to feel uncomfortable with the situation now.

"What? I'm just asking. I'm sure that JJ not even mind about it, right JJ?" Rayna spoke, not even feels guilty. Because she's doing it with purpose, just try to get under his skin.

JJ swallowed a little "Yeah, no. I don't mind" He said, though he actually don't like it to talk about his father to anyone. It's something that he wants to escape other than facing it.

"See, he's fine with it" Rayna states, giving her daughter a look.

Hope just shook her head and takes a look at JJ incase he's not fine but she met with a small smile on his face. Like nothing really effecting him.

She puts a hand on top of his, giving him  a small squeeze to assure him that he'll be fine and she's here for him. JJ returned the gesture back, telling her that he got it and not even affected by it.

"And uh--to answer to your question. He's fine, just doing his usual shit but he's fine" JJ answered with a simple answer he can give.

He actually has no idea what's going on with his father since he didn't come home for days and been staying with John B. But he knows that old man will be fine, as fine as a drunk person can be.

"That's good to hear" Rayna states, giving the boy a sweet smile just to hide her actual feeling.

She actually don't give a fuck about that old drunk probably doing. If he's fine or not, if he's alive or not. Why would she cares about it?

"Yeah--" JJ nodded, pressing his lips tightly.

"Go ahead, take a bite, JJ" Richard spoke after being quiet and watching them from his seat. He already got a half eaten scrambled eggs on his plate while they get into their conversations.

"Yeah, don't be shy. You can have anything you want" Rayna continues after her husband, pointing at all of the food on the table.

"Okay, yeah" JJ said, starting to fetch for anything that caught his eyes and pretty much everything look delicious to him.

Hope just smile and helping the boy to get whatever he wants. She just wished that this breakfast is going to be just fine until the end without anyone starts anything that going to kill the entire mood.

•••

THE POGUES ALREADY gather around the worn out camper van when JJ and Hope arrived at the Château. All eyes darting on them as soon as they made their way towards them.

Sarah quickly running towards the redhead as soon as she spotted her figure walking in with JJ, jumping on her  for a bone crushing hug. Glad to see her best friend back and knowing she's all fine.

But Sarah still gives Hope a smack after they break away from the hug, for tricking and leaving her in a boat with Kiara for hours. Hope just chuckles, not feeling guilty for what she did.

At least her plan is working and now Sarah and Kiara are no longer despising each other. They already mend their friendship back, clearing out what exactly happened between them years ago.

Kiara approached her right after she parted away from Sarah, she's apologizing for what she said to her and actually regret everything. For being such a bitch and keep going after her relationship with JJ. She looks truly regret with what she did and Hope accepted the apology with an open heart.

She's not the type that holding grudge against someone, especially when that person already apologized and admitted their mistake. And it would be an honour for Hope to start a friendship with the curly hair girl. She thought they might be a good trio along with Sarah.

"I'm sorry for being a bitch and keep talking shit about you to JJ. I just don't think a girl like you actually want something to do with him, not for a sudden good of heart" Kiara apologized, looking down a little.

Sarah and Hope looking at each other before Sarah gives her a small nod. Hope returned it with a smile, knowing that she doesn't take anything straight to her heart for everything that Kiara did. She just happened to understand the girl, she too would be suspicious if she's in Kiara's shoes.

"That's okay, I understand" Hope said, grabbing Kiara's hands to give her a reassurance "I'm sorry if I'm being a bitch to you and kinda the reason why you got left in a boat with Sarah" she continues.

The girls laugh, their voices merge together.

"You're not being a bitch at all to me, Hope. I don't think you're capable of being that to anyone" Kiara states "And I actually should be thanking you. If you didn't come out with the plan, we're not going to stand here altogether without the urge to kill each other"

Hope smiles sweetly at the girl "Yeah, I just feel glad that I can help"

"Thank you, Hope, really. And I'm sorry for everything, I thought maybe we can start over again? You know, just so I can get to know you better since my best friend over there is way too whipped with you" Kiara continues.

"We're good, Kiara. You don't have to worry" She assured the girl again, giving her hand a small squeeze "And sure, we definitely can start over" she agreed, nodding her head.

Kiara beams at the agreement from the redhead "So, we're good?" she asked, just for confirmation.

"We're good" Hope confirmed.

Kiara let out an exciting noise and jumping a little before she pulls Hope into a hug that soon becomes a group hug when Sarah also joining them. Hope can't help to feel happy, she's got herself another a girl friend. She can see the three of them altogether against everything.

The girls walking altogether approaching the boys after they're done with their heart to heart session. The three boys currently sitting inside the van, currently having their own conversation and only stop when the notice the girls walking towards them.

"Welcome back, princess" John B is the first one to greet them, greeting Hope specifically when she's back joining the group after she left days ago.

Hope let out a small chuckle at the welcomed from him "Still got a room for another one person?" she playfully asked with a hand resting on Sarah's shoulder.

"Of course. We even got a room for another four persons" John B states, gesturing for his van.

"That's a relief" She said and John B hold up his beer for a cheer to her.

Her eyes avert from him to Pope who has a soft smile on his face. When their eyes met, Pope awkwardly sending a nod at her. She takes that as a sign that he's in a good mood and she can start a small conversation with him.

"Nice to see you again, Pope" She said to the dark skinned boy.

"Yeah, you too, Hope" Pope said, his smiles getting bigger when the girl acknowledged him. Being the nice girl she is as always.

"Yeah" Hope retorted, the hint of happiness never left her face.

With that, all of them now are on their ways to the pawn shop to trade the gold for some money. And when they finally arrived at the shop, the Pogues decide that they're gonna give JJ the job to do the talk for the gold.

And when JJ is complaining about why it has to be him, they just said that he's the best liar out of the people there. That's something that Hope cannot disagree with, he looks so convincing with the lies rolling out from his mouth.

"Come on, Hope" JJ beckoned for her to get going with him when they're about to step into the shop.

"Oh no, I'm gonna stand back and watch. You're gonna do the job" Hope shook her head, she's not going to participate in this.

"You can't do that. You're my co-pilot, you need to be with me when I do the job" JJ argued, he stops halfway from his steps.

"Not today, alright? Today I'm your passenger. You need to fly the plane on your own" Hope insisted.

The Pogues watching the pair argued with each other without saying anything much. But they can't help to enjoy it, it kinda fun to watch them.

JJ pursed his lips and starts to squint his eyes at Hope while the girl just giving him unbothered look. That's when he grabs her hand and dragged her along with him towards the shop.

"Son of a bitch--" Hope cuss and letting out a yelp "JJ, this is practically an abused" she states, trying to wiggle her hand out from his grip.

"I don't care, I need my co-pilot" He said, keep pulling her with him and she turned towards her friends for a help but they just shrugged their shoulders.

Enough to tell her that they're not going to say anything or stop whatever just happening. Hope rolls her eyes at them and she finally giving in. She let JJ dragging her and she's no longer fighting her way out from him.

"Afternoon, ma'am" JJ spoke as soon as he pushed the door open causing the bell to ring.

He's still not letting go her arm but he's no longer dragging her, it turned into a soft hold and Hope letting the touch lingering there.

A dark skinned woman with a buzz cut who is sitting behind the counter turned her head as soon as she heard his voice along with the sound of the bell.

Hope gives the woman a smile when her attention averts towards them. Continues to make her way into the shop with JJ with their friends trailing right behind them.

"Afternoon" The woman greeted him back.

"I see you buy gold" JJ spoke, get right into the business.

"That's what the sign say, don't it?" The woman humourously said, keeping her eyes on JJ.

"Well, I sure you buy a lot of it, because I'm about to blow your mind" JJ continues, shrugging his bag from his shoulder in attempt to pull out the gold from it.

The woman gives him a look, like she's doubting JJ before she looks at Hope "You have an idea what is he talking about pretty girl?" she asked, pointing at the redhead.

"Just bare with him, ma'am. He's right when he said he's about to blow your mind" Hope said, giving the boy a support to convince the woman.

"Better listen to the girl" JJ continues after her, sending a wink at the woman.

"I ain't got much mind left to blow, so have at it" The woman said, still not believing him.

JJ just keep going with his work, he puts
down his bag on the counter and start to pull the zip and finally retrieve the gold to put it down right in front of the woman.

"How about them gold apples" JJ states.

The woman let out a chuckles "That ain't real" she shook her head.

"That ain't real?" JJ questioned him "Sweetheart, why don't you tell this lovely lady how this beauty is real and not just her sweet dream fantasy?" He glances at her.

She's willingly listen to him and starts to do work her charmed this time. Maybe this isn't really a bad idea to do, especially with JJ.

"Ma'am--" Hope slowly leaning closer towards the woman "This all very real, you can take a bite if you want to make sure of it" she pointed at the gold plate in front of her.

"It can't be" The woman states it again, so sure of herself.

Hope pursed her lips "I'm pretty sure that your empty words won't do a thing to prove us wrong. Why don't you take all your equipments out and pour them on this baby and see if we're talking shit or not. Pretty sure there's a procedure of it"

The pawnbroker paused a little, giving them a look.

JJ just standing right next to her and having a big and proud smile while listening to Hope talking her way to the woman. He thinks he did a good choice for wanting to have Hope along with him here.

"Feel how heavy it is" JJ suggested.

The woman starts to pick the gold up with her hands and inspecting it.

"Let's get some light on that" JJ hands her a magnifying glass and the woman continues the procedure, turning on the light on the gold to inspect it more.

"Spray-painted tungsten" The woman announced, flipping the gold.

"Spray-painted tungsten? really? okay" JJ nodded "Why don't you see how uh, soft it is?" he continues.

"You mind?"

"No. Go for it"

The pawnbroker starts to move to another procedure. She hit the gold with a nail and give it a little pressure on it.

"Wow. Would you look at that, sweetheart?" JJ nudges her side a little, being sarcastic to the woman.

"Look not very real to me" Hope go along with his sarcasm, shrugging her shoulder.

"Hold your horses" The woman states, aware of the sarcasm they give to her "We ain't got to the acid test yet"

"Ooh! The acid test!" JJ yelp "My favourite guys" He turned around to his friends, announcing to them.

The Pogues just giving him a funny look while standing around the shop. Watching the deal that is still get going and it seems like both JJ and Hope making a good duo for it.

The pawnbroker starts pour the acid on the top of it.

"Well, it ain't plated, and it ain't painted"  JJ mumbles it while the woman still waiting for any default to happen "Ma'am, I'm telling ya, this is as real as the day is long" he continues to convince the woman.

"It looks like somebody tried to melt it down" The woman said, noticing the weird shape of thd gold.

JJ slightly open his mouth to answer but he's got nothing in his mind. He shoot a look to Hope, almost like asking if she's got an idea.

She gulped a bit hard with her eyes widened. The lying part isn't really her speciality, it's supposed to be JJ's. He's the one who should fly the flight high while she's gives them a support.

"My mom" And JJ immediately comes up with it within a second "She had all this jewelry laying around the house, and she thought it was best to--melt it down" he continues " To 'consolidate' it"

Hope pursed her lips, she doesn't even know how he comes up with that but she's not going to complain anything. She heard the Pogues snickered at the back.

"Seven pounds?" The woman continues, reading the scale after she put the gold on it "That's a lot of earrings"

"Okay, to be honest, ma'am. It's really hard to see my mom fall apart with Alzheimer's" JJ spoke, his voice turned sad causing Hope to scoff.

He's so good with it. No wonder his friends trust him to do the deal.

"Alzheimer?" The woman questioned, raising her brows.

"Mm-hm" JJ nods, keep going with his play.

Hope decides to go along with him, she starts to put a hand on his shoulder before she gives him a small rub on his back. She's also putting up a sad face, hoping that it can make the woman buy it.

"Excuse me for a second" The woman said, she starts to walk away from the counter.

"Take your time, ma'am" JJ mumbles it, looking down to the floor while leaning into the touch that Hope gives him. Glad that she's playing right into his game very well, he's gonna reward her later.

Hope eyes following the woman until she's out from her sight. That's when she gives JJ a smack, the boy let out a yelp.

"Really? Alzheimer?" Hope questioned him.

"What? It's the only things that I can come out with" He states, rubbing the previous spot that Hope just maimed.

"You're lucky that you're so good with your lies. That actually making me doubt everything that comes out from your mouth, I don't know if you're talking the truth or not"

JJ grinned "If you doubt that if I like you, don't. That isn't a lie, it truly coming out from my heart" he said, leaning closer to give her a peck on her lips but Hope pushing him away.

"Not right now" She states.

"Why? Thought I can give you a reward for being a good co-pilot for me" He said "You were playing my game very well, princess. You sure I'm the only great liar here?" he raised his brows.

"Shut up!" She snapped, shoving him by his chest a little when JJ is still trying to get a kiss from her.

"Guys, go get a room" Pope chiming from behind at the PDA that show by them.

"Shut up!" JJ and Hope said simultaneously, glancing at Pope at the same time with the same reaction.

That actually shut the boy, he awkwardly looking around the shop.

"They definitely a match" Sarah mumbles it with a small chuckle "Oh, they definitely are" John B agreed with his girlfriend while watching Hope and JJ are still keep going with their banter.

"Uh--she's coming out" Pope announced when the woman walking out back to the front. They all go back to their previous positions.

"So, I uh--I talked to my boss"  The woman spoke while walking her way back to them.

"And?" JJ asked.

"And uh, this is what I can do" She continues and put down the number of money she can give.

JJ and Hope take a look on the paper and she scrunched up her face. She knows damn well that the gold worth more than what she just read, she looks back at the woman.

"Fifty thousands?" JJ spoke, giving the woman a look "You think I walked in here not knowing the spot price?"

The woman just remained silent.

"Ma'am, I know for a fact this is worth 140, at least" JJ continues.

"Well, sweetie. You in a pawnshop. This ain't Zurich. Do I look Swiss to you"

"Come on, ma'am. You can do better than the number that you gives" It's Hope turns to speak when JJ got his tongue tied.

"Like I said to you, this ain't Zurich. The boss give me the number, I just do my job here"

Hope pursed her lips "Fine. Ninety, or we walk" she starts to negotiate.

"Hope--" JJ spoke when he heard her but Hope stop him by hold up her hand. Telling him that she got this, she can handle herself trying to make a gold deal.

JJ shut his mouth and backing away. Letting Hope to do her job.

"Like I said. We take ninety" Hope continues, keeping her gazes at the woman.

"Seventy, half price" The woman states "And um--I don't ask questions about where you got this" she quietly said.

Both JJ and Hope sending the woman a look. The blond boy glancing at John B, asking for his suggestions, or they're gonna take the money that the broker offered and bolt from here.

It's better than they got nothing.

"What do you say, JJ?" Hope asked him, glancing at the boy.

JJ chews his lips, thinking about it before he open his mouth "I'm gonna need that in large denominations, please" he finally said.

Hope smiles a little while the Pogues also mirroring the same one like hers from behind watching the deal between them.

The woman beams a little "Well, here's the snag. I don't have that much denominated, not here anyway. I can write you a cashier's check" she states.

"Cash. No ma'am. I want the cold hard. That's what the sign says" JJ disagreed, pointing at the sign above them "Cash for gold. And that's what I expect. I'm gonna get it in cold hard"

"Well, I have to send you to the warehouse. I have the money there, is that all right?" The woman proposed.

JJ pressed his lips before he let out a sigh. This all better worth it.

"Where's this warehouse?"

•••

HOPE SITTING AT THE BACK of the van with JJ, Pope and Kiara on their way to the warehouse that the pawnbroker send them for the cash. The winds that coming through the window harshly ruffling her hairs, causing her to eat them sometimes.

The reggae music playing at the background with Kiara humming the beats to herself. Pope looks like he's got lost inside his own world while John B driving the van with Sarah right on the passenger seat.

JJ has his head laying on her lap with his legs dangling on the window. His hand playing with the gold while enjoy the soft touch from Hope who is playing with his hair. He can't help to enjoy the feeling of his head on her lap like this, it almost feels like the best pillow he ever had.

"So--they keep money out here?" Pope is the first one to break the silence.

"That's what she said" JJ said "Huh--that's what she said" he chuckles, getting a dirty thought from it.

"Stop--" Hope and Pope said at the same time when they know what's going on inside his head.

JJ clamp shut his mouth, looking a little offend.

"I've never even heard of Resurrection Drive" Sarah chimes from the front.

"Me neither" Hope said, agreeing with her best friend.

"Cause you two are rich as fuck" JJ mutters it.

"You've never heard of it either" Kiara added up.

"Thank you" Sarah spoke, glad for the support.

JJ grumbles something under his breath at the constant attack he's got from his friends. Hope let out a small chuckle at his reaction, she leans down to give a quick kiss on his cheek.

That's enough to make JJ to brighten up back.

"There's nothing but weeds back here" Kiara made the comments while looking out to the road. She's not wrong about it.

"All right, just 'cause it's just weeds, doesn't mean it's like--" JJ said and he got cut off by a siren whooping only to find a cop car escorting them from behind.

JJ get up from his laying position, removing his head from Hope's lap to take a look.

"Cops? out here?" Kiara said in disbelief.

"God! Are you kidding me?!" JJ starts to yell, throwing out his hands in protest.

"What the hell? What did we even do?" Hope continues after them, also taking a look.

"Why are we getting pulled over?" JJ mumbles and starts to scramble around to hide the gold from the sight "I hate cops!" He continues after that.

"Did you bring the gun?" John B turned his head to look at the blond, asking for the weapon.

Hope shoots him a look, she's totally forgot about the fact that he owned the gun. It's been long enough.

"You bring the gun? Here?" Hope whispered yell at him. If the cops found it, they all gonna be in a deep shit. He's gonna be in a trouble.

"No, okay? I didn't bring the gun" JJ states, wrapping the gold with a cloth "Everybody told me to leave it back at the place" he said to her.

"Thank God!" Kiara exclaimed "Please, everything else in your bag" she continues.

Hope feels her heart beating a little faster, she's never been in this situation before and it safe to say that she's a little nervous. Actually, more than a little. She feels like she wants to jump out from the van right now.

"I am, all right?" JJ squirmed. He quickly put all of his things inside his bag and stashed it under the seat with the help of  Pope.

"How much weed do you have on you, bro?" Kiara asked.

"He's walking up" Pope announced.

The situation starts to get chaos, they all squirming around the van causing it to shake a little. Until they heard a gun cocking, forcing all the attention to the front and they all stop moving..

A gun is pointing at John B from the window sending all of them to froze. Her breath got sucked, her eyes widening at the sight of the weapon.

JJ starts to pull her closer to him, his hand gripping on her arm tightly but not enough to hurt her.

"Why don't I go ahead and see them hands in the air" The strange voice of the man start to rise in the air "All y'alls hands up in the air, right now!" he starts to yell.

They all hold up both of their hands in the air at the urges from the man and how he keep shoving the gun right on John B's face.

And for some reasons, Hope feels like she recognizes the voice. Even the man himself. She thinks she knows the person, but she's still can't get her head into it yet.

"You, out of the car! Let's go" The man urges.

John B slowly getting out from the car, pushing the door open with his eyes never left the man.

"JJ--" Hope mumbles his name, she starts to panic.

"It's okay, princess. I'm here" JJ assured her, tightening the hold he had on her. He notices the panic, her hand starts to shake a little.

When John B already out from the van, the man urges for the rest of them to do the same. The yelling from the man causing them to quickly follow his order, they get out just like he wants. Hands still in the air.

"Here we go! Get out the car, let's go! Hurry up!" The man keep yelling, shoving the gun at them.

"We're broke!" JJ announced when he get out from the van, shielding Hope from the man.

"Shut the hell up!"

"All right! Just relax!"

Hope takes a good look at the man when she's finally out on the ground. She takes the full look on him, though he cover half of his face, she's still can recognize him.

The dark strands of his hair looks familiar to her and the car, the car that pulled them up also looks familiar to her. She thinks she knows this person, a little too well actually.

"Barry?" Hope mutters the name in the middle of the chaos, ignoring the yelling around her.

The man actually stopped halfway from his craziness, he averts his eyes from go off at JJ who stands to confront him. He almost dropped his weapon when he saw the redhead peeking from the blond.

Barry knows that he's going after the Pogues, but he didn't know that Hope is going to be with them.

Hope hold the look from him, she knows that he recognizes her too. Because she can see from his eyes that he actually get caught up as soon as she said his name. She can see the he's shock to see her here.

JJ gives her a look, he heard the name that coming up from her mouth. Did he just heard it right?

"What are you talking about, bitch?!" But instead of acknowledging the girl, he snapped at her.

Hope taken back at the rise of his voice, she flinched a little hard. JJ is back to tug the girl closer to him, afraid that he's going to hurt her.

"Lay down on the ditch! Lay down on the ditch!" Barry is back to yell at them "On your goddamn hands and knees! Down!" he shoves the gun on their faces again.

All of them listen to him, they slowly get down on the ground. When they all did what he wants, Barry slowly backing towards the van. Searching for one thing that he wants, the gold.

"That's all y'all gotta do" Barry states and searching the van.

Hope notices how heavy JJ's breath is, she glances at him who is facing the ground, his hands covered his face.

"It's a set up, guys" Kiara whimpered.

"That old bat shanked us. Fuck! Goddamn it!" JJ said, hitting the ground couple of times

Hope just closed her eyes, she honestly don't know what to do now and kinda accept her fate. But she knows it going to hit the rest of them harder than her, this is what they worked hard for.

John B started to get up from the ground and running towards Barry's car even when Sarah told him not to. He successfully get into the car without drawing the drug dealer attention.

Barry get out from the van after he finally found the gold. .

"All right, y'all get your head down like that. Unless you want your brains blown out all over this road, don't move your goddamn heads, okay?" Barry said and slowly backing away towards his car.

"You stay here, okay?" JJ turned and mutters it to Hope when Barry already get back into his car.

"What are you gonna do?" She asked, she can see that he's going to do something.

"I'm gonna go help John B"

"No--" she shook her head but before she can say anything more, they heard a grunt coming from the car only to see John B already wrestling with Barry.

JJ quickly got up from his position and running towards it to help his friend.

"Guys! I got the gun" John B announced, that's when they all got up from the ground for John B.

JJ reached there first with Pope right behind him. The boys started to wrestle with the man, throwing out the punches while the girls trying to help what they can do best. Anything that can help the boys to give some damage to Barry.

Hope didn't know what to do, she just stands behind and watched. Unlike them, she knows Barry and she's kinda owed him for a lot of things.

Though she's not pleased of what he did, trying to rob them. Doesn't mean that she wants to see him get beaten up like this, much less to join them in action. But she's not going to say anything to stop them, she thinks maybe Barry deserved it.

"I got the gold!" Pope announced.

Barry falls right in front of her and Hope falls into a trance for a quick second. Before she grabs the door and slammed it against him multiple of times causing the man to fall on the ground. Grunting out loud.

JJ arrives next to her, giving another kick on the man along with Kiara. Hope backing away, swallowing hard.

"You son of a bitch!" Sarah yells.

John B quickly pull away the mask that covering Barry's face when he's already defeat to reveal his face. Hope just pressed her lips tightly, not even surprised with it.

No one other than JJ knows that she knew Barry. She just hope that the boy didn't say anything that going to break the news to them because it's going to be a lot to explains. And she's trying not to cause anything or even make them have a bad idea about it.

"I know this piece of shit! He's a basehead!" JJ announced.

"Probably knows my brother" Sarah continues after him, running her fingers through her hair.

"He sells coke to my dad" JJ said again, grabbing the gun on the ground.

"Listen, I couldn't hurt any single one of y'all--" Barry tries to speak but JJ cut him off by hitting his head with the gun.

"JJ, stop!" Hope shrieks, shoving him away from keep hurting Barry.

"He robbed us!" JJ yells at her when he sense that she's trying to back him.

"You think I didn't know that?" She argued.

"Then, why are you stopped me? He deserved it"

"You're no good if he ends up dead at your hands!"

"Dude, chill, man" Pope continues after her, trying to calm his friend down when he notices the frustration "She's right, you're no good if he's out cold here"

JJ clenching his jaws, he knows why Hope is trying to protect Barry. Because she knows him, and hurting him would be the last thing that she wants to do. But this man is just trying to rob them, he can't just let him get away without Barry paid for it.

He looks away from Hope and bend down to search something from Barry. He ends up pulling out his wallet and take out a card from it.

"We got one last stop" He muttered, throwing the wallet back at him.

"Where are you going?" Hope asked when he started to walk away.

"You're gonna show us where he lives, sweetheart" JJ states, halfway from his walk to turn back to Hope "We better get going now" he continues.

They all now looking at them, specifically at Hope.

"You know where he lives?" Sarah asked, she's the only one who dares to ask the question.

"No, I don't" Hope quickly denied it. She gives JJ a look, pleading him to not say anything about it.

"Oh, she knows a lot other than where he lives. Might come in handy" But JJ ignores the plead, making Hope to frown in hurt.

"Shut up, JJ" Hope snapped at him, can't believe that he actually sold her out like this.

"Fine" He nonchalantly said, shrugging his shoulders before he continues his walk back into the van leaving the Pogues in confusion.

Hope has the urges to cry at the treatment from JJ. She didn't get it why he's acting that cold towards her, what did she even do?

Without saying anything more, Hope left the Pogues and trailing right behind JJ towards the van.

She heard Barry yelling about how he's going to remember everything that happened and they all going to regret this but everyone ignored him. They also start to walk to the van, ready to leave the place and the man.

"Hope--" And halfway towards the van, she heard her name coming out from his mouth stopping her from the walk. She didn't turn to face him, she just stand there without saying anything.

"You owed me a lot, pretty girl" He mutters it between the gasp. She bites her lips "Don't forget about that" he continues to remind her.

Hope just listen to him, still refused to talk and when Barry didn't say anything more, she starts to walk again.

"Rafe is looking for you" He chimes again

The mentioned of the boy's name actually making her heart thumping faster. She wants to turn to him and asked about Rafe. He must went after Barry to ask for her, she starts to feel bad again.

"He was a mess when you run back to your pretty boy over there. He was crying like a pussy, begging for his coke" Barry continues.

Hope closed her eyes when the topic about drugs start to get involved. Of course Rafe is going down to that road again. Of course the drugs are going to be his last resort to handle his emotions.

But she can't really run back to Rafe and repeats the action over and over again. She had enough and she's not going to repeat her mistakes again.

"I don't care" She mutters it, though it feels like her heart clenching at her own words. Knowing damn well that she cares, she cares a more than anything.

And she walks away, leaving the man there.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

9.2K 241 8
LOVE | OUTERBANKS " you can hear it in the silence, you can feel it on the way home, you can see it with the lights out, you are in love, true love...
4.4K 142 16
𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮. seasons - half of season one - full season 2...
234K 2.1K 18
✗ DISCONTINUED ~ be careful what you search for rafe cameron x fem!oc [ obx season 1 ]
26K 494 5
'you're not in love with me, you're obsessed.' outer banks, season one-? rafe cameron x fem!oc ©2024, anqelitas part of my...