Love and Deepspace x Reader

By Assicje25

PS: This story is from the game Love and Deepspace. This are specially for the people who can't play it or di... More

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1: To Begin
Chapter 2: Mysterious Light
Chapter 4: Curtain Rainfall
Chapter 5: The First Mission
Chapter 6: Artsy Dreams
Chapter 7: Next Target
Chapter 8: Studio Encounter
Chapter 9: Reunion Under Moon
Chapter 10: Ocean at night
Chapter 11: Twinkle Toys
Chapter 12: Dangerously Close
Chapter 13: Shining Traces
Chapter 14: Neon Night
Chapter 15: Secret Fairytale
Chapter 16: Family
Chapter 17: Frozen Greetings
Chapter 18: Banquet Pt.1
Chapter 19: Banquet Pt.2
Chapter 20: Secret
Chapter 21: Beyond expectation
Chapter 22: Aether Core
Chapter 23: Snowy Mountain
Chapter 24: Emergencies
Chapter 25: Legendary Lumiere
Chapter 26: Your Distance
Chapter 27: Masquerade Pt.1
Chapter 28: Masquerade Pt.2
Chapter 28: High Level Access
Chapter 29: Party Plan Pt.1
Chapter 30: Party Plan Pt.2
Chapter 31: Wanted
Chapter 32: Investigation
Chapter 33: Canvas Enigmas
Chapter 34: Warm Wishes
Chapter 35: Set Sail
Chapter 36: Weak Fiends
Chapter 37: Bonfire
Chapter 38: Ebb and Flow
Chapter 39: Fragrant Dream
Chapter 40: Desecrated Soil
Chapter 41: Philo
Chapter 42: Unconventional Advice
Chapter 43: Into the Deep
Chapter 44: Trap
Interlude
Writer's Note
Myths: Sea of the Golden Sands Pt.1
Myths: Sea of the Golden Sands Pt.2
Myths: Sea of the Golden Sands Pt.3
Myths: Sea of the Golden Sands Pt.4
Myths: Sea of the Golden Sands Pt.5

Chapter 3: Ripples

276 12 0
By Assicje25

UNICORNS' BASE
9:45 A.M. Tuesday

Base Announcer:
          The clean up at the abandon research base wrapped up nicely. All of the Hunters had returned to UNICORNS safetly. As expected, no threat levels higher than A rank were detected in the area affected by the Metaflux explosion. The back-up team cleared out the remaining Wanderers and didn't encounter any more danger.

Hearing those announcement put you at ease. You are about to sit down when Tara shows up in front of you.

Tara:
          By the way, did we get anything from the data we sent back to HQ?

Y/N:
          They said Data Analysis would conduct another investigation. We have to wait for the results before assuming anything.

Tara:
          It was kinda scary now that I'm thinking about it. I'm glad you're okay.

Y/N:
          You should do a reading for me. Maybe my luck's also pretty good today!

Tara:
          You're still in the mood to crack jokes? ( pout ) I've been trying to contact you for a while, and I was just about to try every method possible. Both scientific and mystical!

The bright screen on the wall suddenly dims. Captain Jenna emerges from a hidden door.

Jenna:
          Finally, we meet face-to-face, UNICORNS recruits.

Everyone falls silent under her commanding gaze.

Jenna:
          I am relieve to see that everyone has returned in one piece. Your performance was recorded and uploaded to our database by the Hunter's Watch each one of you is wearing. UNICORNS only choose the best of the best. The squad will take that into consideration and assign you to the appropriate sector.
          In the foreseeable future, the difficulty of your assignments, nature of your work, and scope of your missions will correspond to your sectors role and responsibilities. The uncertainty and fear we need to be prepared to face is far greater than what we've seen today. This means we need to have an open mind, remain flexible, and have trustworthy allies.
          As for yesterday's mission . . . I have to say that it was executed very well. Thank you.

With those words, Jenna smiles briefly, looks around, and then slips behind the hidden door. The room's lights turn on and are followed by beeps from the Hunter's Watches. One after another, everyone erupts into a frenzy.

Base Announcer:
          Mission data analyzed. Please report to your respective sector at 8:00 A.M. tomorrow.

You looked at Tara as she reads her Hunter's Watch.

Tara:
          Sector: Data Analysis. Captain: Andrew. Wow, Data Analysis! Yesterday's fortune was right! Well???? What does yours say?

You look at your own watch. Under the UNICORNS section, it says -

Y/N:
          Sector: Alpha Team. Captain: Jenna.

Tara:
          You're working directly under Jenna? Wow . . . Can I visit you in the future whenever I want?

Y/N: ( Smirk )
          Are you sure you're not using that as an excuse to gawk at Captain Jenna?

Tara: ( Rolled her eyes )
          I have two eyes. I can look at you and her at the same time, right?

Y/N:
          . . . Oh, you.

Both you and tara laughed.

Tara:
          Well, that's it for today. Wanna grab a bite to eat?

You and Tara walk out of the Hunters Association. Not too far away, In the heart of Linkon, is Azure Square. Mini drones equipped with 360-degree eyes - infrared sensors designed to monitor Wanderer activity - patrol the sky. Today's Linkon is nothing like the one that was attacked fourteen years ago.

After you and Tara grab a quick snack, you decided to walk around the square, relaxing out minds after a busy day.

Y/N:
          So you admire Captain Jenna because she saved you? Is that right?

Both of you stroll pat the trees lining the path before sitting down on a bench near the square's monument. Her eyes light up as she excitedly shares her past from over a decade ago.

Tara:
          . . . And just like that, the Wanderer was gone! Poof! Disappeared into thin air! After escorting me to a safe place by the road, she said, "You're safe now. Go home." Aaaahhhh! That's what we call max level of security!

Tara seems completely engrossed in her tale. Then she turns to look at you, suddenly serious.

Tara:
          So yes, as you can see, I became a hunter to follow in Captain Jenna's footsteps. I want to be as badass as she is - to be her equal and fight alongside her.

Y/N:
          One day, you'll be able to achieve your dream.

Tara:
          Oh, I've just been rambling on. What about you? Why did you become a hunter?

Y/N:
           Me? Well . . .

Under the clear sky, Azure Square is lively. You looked away, and as far as your eyes can see, the horizon is painted by the gold of the setting sun.

[ Flashback ]

You still remember that from fourteen years ago. It was also in a lively evening. The roars of Wanderes, like a flood, drowned out the screams and cries for help. You sprint through the street covered in rubble, not even knowing what monster is chasing you. Until a sharp pain pierces you and burrows itself into your heart. A makeshift shelter made of the remains of collapsed buildings is within sight. Trembling, you mustered all the strength you have and crawl towards it Amidst the dirt and gloom, a small seedling breaks through the soil.

Y/N:
          If I survive this, I don't want to be anyone's prey. I don't want to only run when there's danger . . .

[ End of Flashback ]

Tara:
          Looks like you're reminiscing about something from a looooong time ago.

Y/N:
          That's amazing. You can tell fortunes and read others people's expressions.

Tara:
           Yeah, I can see you're anxious but also full of anticipation.

Mr. Guidey ( the drone ) :
          This is a very important symbol for Linkon City! Mr. Guidey welcomes you to Azure Square! Here the past and future coexist! The old and new mingle together seamlessly! This is the charm of Linkon, the City of Innovation! Wow!

Tara:
          Ahhh.it's sooooo noisy, like a kid who's constantly shouting.

Mr. Guidey ( the drone ) :
          Tide Street is hosting a marine-themed exhibition! Follow me . . .

Y/N:
          Let's call it here. We have to get up early for work tomorrow. We should go home and get some rest.

Tara:
          Right. Getting a goodnight's sleep is important. I live pretty far from here, so I should be heading home soon.

Y/N:
          See you tomorrow.

Tara:
          Hehe, goodbye!

After Tara leaves, you also get up and ready yourself to head home. But noticing a figure hiding behind the bushes, you can't help but sigh.

Y/N:
          Hey, kid. Can I help you or anything? Okay, I'll just get going if you don't need me.

The bushes rustle slightly, then quickly stop moving. You were able to take a few steps before you feel a tug on your coat.

Boy:
          So Miss, I overheard your conversation . . . Are you a hunter on a mission?

Y/N:
          I'm a hunter on standby.

Boy:
          Everyone says hunters are super strong and you can do anything I ask. Right?

Brimming with confidence, he pulls out a stack of shiny, gold cards from his pocket.

Boy:
          Here's what I'll give you as a reward! A full set of Super Hunters AR cards! And it has a limited edition Hunter Lux. Follow me!

Y/N:
          Hold on, at least tell me what you ----

The boy drag you in a fountain without explaining anything.

Boy:
          We're almost there. I need you to help me catch that little red fishie!

The boy pointed at the stunning red fish in the fountain.

Y/N:
          Sure thing, but I can't promise I'll succeed. Is that okay with you?

Before the boy can replies a girls' voice echo not far from the two of you.

Girl:
          Lucas! You can't cheat in a contest!!

Boy:
          Oh no, she spotted us! Take this net and don't say anything about me hiring you!

The boy left the net to you and run. You let out a sigh and try to catch the fish.

Y/N:
          He ran away already?

Unknown:
         Unfortunate. This species of fish can only survive for a week on land.

You look at man standing beside you. He's wearing white polo and has a guide map on his hands.

Y/N:
          ( . . . A tourist?)

Unknown:
          The fish is gonna slip away, you know? Ta-da.

He snatched the net from my hands and skillfully catch the fish using it.

Unknown:
          The owner probably just wanted to throw in some fish to fit the theme. But this one, bright as a flame, is a real Flammula from Lemurian legends.

He handed me the fish and I put it in the container the boy also handed to me earlier.

Y/N:
          Flammula? I'm not very familiar with those myths or folklore . . .Oh . ( You pointed at the map he's holding ) Hat Island is close off because there have been reports of Wanderes. You should stay away from that place for now.

He smiled at you.

Unknown:
          That explains why I couldn't get a boat ticket. Its good that you were here to let me know. Otherwise, I really would've wasted my time.

He's about to walk away . . .

Y/N:
          Wait. Here's the fish you caught. I hope it'll survive longer with you.

You gave him the bottle with the fish. He looks at it. He was like mesmerize by the beauty of it.

Y/N:
           If you like the sea, you should go to Whitesand Bay. Its the most beautiful beach in all of . . .

You look away and pointed out the location of the beach but when look at him again he was already walking away.

Y/N:
          ( But he didn't even let me finish . . .)

[ Beep . . . Beep ]

You look at you phone and saw the time.

Y/N:
          A voice message from someone?

You opened the mail.

____________________________________________________

UNKNOWN

Voice message opening . .

"Don't go anywhere near that base. It's dangerous, and I'm not talking about the explosions or Wanderers."'

____________________________________________________

Y/N:

        (Huh? Is this???? )

____________________________________________________

UNKNOWN

: ( Voice message )

You: Xavier?

: Yeah

You: How did you get my number?

: You can delete it if you want

: But I already memorize it. . . It'll take me a while to forget.

You: So why were you there? You aren't a new UNICORNS recruit...

: I was just passing by

: Do you believe me?

: Bye, have to run some errands.

------------------------------- Offline ---------------------------------
____________________________________________________

Y/N:
          He didn't even answer my question. Darn it. It's already 8:15 P.M. I need to go home. I have a busy day tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227K 11.4K 21
When Mandy loses her job, she thinks she’s hit rock bottom – until her plane is swallowed by a strange storm that sends her and everyone else on boar...
69.9K 4.5K 50
[COMPLETE] I'm Ava, a human who has been kidnapped from my home world and forced to live with an abusive scourge,-an alien with a tail that has shown...
126K 2.9K 24
Aliens are real. They infested Earth in hope to find their "mate". They call themself the Matters. **************************************************...
43.5K 829 17
"𝑻𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒉𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓 π’˜π’† 𝒂𝒍𝒍 π’„π’‰π’†π’“π’Šπ’”π’‰." β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜… Hello! These are Oneshots I wrote about love and deepspace love interests. I lov...