A Kind of Magic

By SilviaKrpatova

~~~ONC 2024 Shortlist~~~ ~~~ Alaric, the King of Silmarea, recently married to his beloved... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three

Author's Note

311 43 81
By SilviaKrpatova

Hi!

Welcome to my fourth book written for the ONC-- after Away with the Fairies, A Week with a Prince, and Finding Heathcliff; here comes : A Kind of Magic :)

Prompt n.21 was love at first sight for me for some inexplicable reason. I wasn't exactly crazy about LOTR when I read it for the first time with avenbleak months ago. But, surprisingly, I like the prompt because it reminds me of its characters-- Legolas and Gimli and Aragorn, Gandalf and the Tolkien's universe as a whole...

So, I'm taking prompt 21: 'A dragon, an elf, and a dwarf embark on a quest to find the lost heir to the kingdom' my way.

What you can expect from this story is that it will be tied to our ordinary, non-magical world and feature an adult MC. It will be inspired by LOTR but also by Highlander, the old movie... I know, I know, it's ancient, but wasn't it great? I loved it when I saw it as a kid :) And that's the reason for my choice of the title-- the movie's soundtrack.

The rest is still brewing in my mind :) The first chapter will be out (hopefully) in a few days.

Happy writing and reading, everyone, have fun! ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

239K 2.9K 13
» 10/1/2020 - ivar x targaryen oc « In the great City of Pentos, inside of the Magister's extravagant mansion, there was a young princess. Her hair...
151 70 16
ONC 2024 ~ On Hold Once upon a time there was a little golden dragon. He was the last of his kind and knew nothing of the ways of dragons. One day hi...
845 52 20
Alaric Moore is a foster kid from New York. Walking home on a normal day, something happens that changes everything. When a robbery goes very wrong a...
65.4K 11.1K 122
🌟WATTYS 2023 SHORTLIST 🌟WATTYS 2023 FANS CHOICE AWARDS NOMINEE 🌟WATTYS 2022 SHORTLIST 🌟Editor's Pick (Reading Radar) Feb 2024 🌟 Featured Wattpa...