Weak

By nngozi

"Can't explain why your lovin' makes me weak" A Kyrie Irving fanfic More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65

Chapter 44

2K 83 5
By nngozi

Adrienne

Annoyance. My mood for when I had woken up this morning to be introduced to an extreme headache. It honestly felt like someone was using a hammer and pounding continuously against my head and if not for this studio session I had to be at in the next hour, I would have just stayed in bed.

I guess you could say when I arrived the last person I was expecting to be was in the same room as myself and I wouldn't say it was awkward but it was a little unexpected.

Removing the gold Beats away from my ear and walking out of the booth, I took a seat in an available chair as a blunt was being passed in rotation among a few individuals. Aubrey himself came over and had taken a seat not too far from me, with his eyes glued on me the whole time.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked, crossing my legs together.

He just shook his head, chuckling. "Nothing Adrienne"

"It's obviously something. Since you haven't happened to stop looking this way"

Drake rolled his chair closer to me, "I wanted to tell you something but I ain't really know how to say it"

"Just say it"

"Well you look really good today"

Taken back a bit, "Thank you. Why didn't you know how to say that?"

"I don't want your boyfriend to get all upset and stuff"

"That comment was so unnecessary"

"I mean I would just feel a certain way if someone was giving my girl a compliment"

"But that's you and not him. Two different people", slightly I rolled my eyes.

"You right I'm not him and he not me, but it was nice chillin' with you Dri. See you 'round soon?" he looked at me, standing up.

"I don't know Aubrey. It's a lot coming up for me, I can't really make promises"

He nodded his head before shrugging his shoulders, "The usual"; he chuckled, licking his lips. "Stay safe Dri"

After giving each other a friendly hug, I watched as him and his small entourage left the studio. For the time being, I thought about texting Kyrie but then I realized the time zones and considering the fact that playoffs were exactly tomorrow I knew he was way too busy right now.

*

"Isn't it obvious he still wants you?"

"I don't know why, everyone knows i'm in a relationship"

After the studio, Zizi and I met up at the nail salon because it's been a week since I last had something done to my nails and this color was not working for me anymore. I informed her about my little encounter with Drake at the studio, and like I expected she had something to say.

"This is Drake, Mr. OVO here. I'm sure he isn't worried about any relationship and I doubt he even see's Kyrie as competition"

Looking ahead as the Asian lady placed both of my hands in the liquid, "Zizi do you really think I would even think about getting with Aubrey?"

"I never said you would, but I'm just giving heads up to be careful. You know the media will take any opportunity they can to start a story about you and Drake again. Drake himself would probably find ways to feed into it"

"Trust me Zi, I know"

From a much needed nail trip, I left with a nude coat for my signature stiletto look. Nude usually wasn't the color I would use on my nails but I figured if I could wear the color as clothing, then why not try it out on my nails.

Kyrie called me around four, which happened to be seven in Ohio and his voice was filled with nothing but jitters of excitements as well as nervousness. His first time going to the playoffs, you couldn't blame baby boy. The atmosphere would be different from what he was used to playing during the regular season, and sadly I wouldn't be there supporting him but I will most definitely be supporting him through the TV.

"I've never been to the playoffs Adge. You don't understand how nervous and happy I am right now"

"Kyrie" I paused, chewing down on the fruity starburst that was in my mouth. "You got this babe. Just bring it like you always do and I believe you guys will kill it tomorrow"

"Can't really guarantee much right now but we just need to play basketball better than before"

I believe we stayed on the phone for another two hours or so before I noticed he was becoming a little bit tired and I let him go to get his rest before tomorrow.

As Sunday came, I was on an early flight to Milan for a fashion event. The show would roughly start before seven, so before that I had stylists placing me all types of outfits. Due to small disagreements, we finally settled on me wearing a nude bandage fringed design skirt with a matching off the shoulder top, with nude Christian Louboutin Pigalle spikes heels.

I even had Lawrence fly out to assist with my hair of course, and though I still had my braids that looked new; he managed to place them in a half up high ponytail.

Zizi looked just as gorgeous, if not better and we turned our time into a small photo shoot before being seated front row. The show went way better than I expected and it surprised me to see Chanel walking the runway, she didn't even tell me.

The after party was the next event of the night. I had a few conversations and mingled with different people, pictures were also being taken and expensive wine was served.

By two am, I noticed the crowd was dying a bit and after finding Azeena we were driven back to the hotel. I stripped out of the outfit I had on earlier and hopped into the warm shower for about ten minutes. Getting out and lotioning my skin, before placing on my night wear; I came out to see Zi playing around with the television.

"What are you doing?" I asked, applying EOS lip balm onto my lips.

"Trying to find an ESPN channel"

That just reminded me. We completely missed the game and since it was around four here in Milan, it was most likely eight in the morning in the States. I looked around for my phone and spotted it over by my pillow. After much searching up, I came to find out that the Cavaliers had defeated the Celtics in game one. Now I can go to sleep happy.

A little bit after noon, is when I had woken up and served breakfast on the balcony. The view here was absolutely gorgeous and with my phone around me I had taken a picture, sending to Instagram. My caption was 'How beautiful is Milan 🌅'.

Our flight back to California would be later in the day, so Zizi and I shopped around the city before stopping at a small bakery shop and trying different pastries and even buying a few.

The plane ride back seemed longer than the ride there, and I slept and ate snacks through most of it. We finally arrived back to Los Angeles Tuesday morning, and walking through LAX was no different than usual.

Tonight was Game 2, and Kyrie and I had a brief phone call. Since I was in my own home, I could finally be able to watch the game.

*

"Let's go, let's go, let's go" I screamed at the television, feeling my heart rate rise up.

It was fourth quarter, and two minutes left. The Cavaliers had the lead but Boston wasn't too far behind. All the screaming I was doing was giving me a slight headache, so I had to calm down before it gotten a bit out of hand.

"Let's get this win Cavs" Zizi made a 'W' with her hands.

The time went down and the shot clock disappeared with Cleveland possession. We both stood on our feet clapping when the game ended and score 91 to 99, Cleveland winning.

"Let me get some water now" I placed my hand onto my chest, walking into the kitchen.

Around twelve am, Kyrie called me and it surprised me to know he was still awake since it was three am where he was. After talking for an hour, I started hearing light snores and that had let me know he had fallen asleep on me.

The rest of the few days I had to myself were spent at the gym, working out and toning my body. I really needed to get back to my usual routine of visiting the gym because I was getting a little lazy.

***

Tonight was game four, and the Cavaliers already had a three to nothing lead. With a win tonight, could sweep Boston out and Cleveland moving up to the semifinals.

Sunday morning, Zizi and I decided to plan a surprise trip to Boston and show our support. Since it was a bit chilly in Boston outfit was very simple and nothing but a pair of medium blue cuffed destroyed high waisted Beach Bum jeans, a size small navy blue Adidas Cleveland Cavaliers Irving t-shirt, finished off with a pair of tan Gucci Becky suede open-toe fringed bootie.

Sitting courtside you could see Kyrie was playing amazing but I had this feeling in me that something was off somewhere around him and it caused me to wonder was everything okay.

"Let's go Cavs" Zizi and I yelled, clapping our hands together upsetting a few Celtic fans.

We received a few looks from a couple of individuals, but I brushed it off each time I would look at the score board and see that the Cavaliers had the lead the whole time.

Sadly Kevin didn't return back to the game, after having his shoulder dislocated by Kelly Olynx and even J.R. Smith ended up becoming ejected from the game when he had supposedly "punched" Jae Crowder in the face.

With all that was happening to Cleveland, it didn't stop them at all from fighting and even winning the game. Most Cleveland fans stood on their feet with nothing but smiles on their faces.

Walking out of the arena, and having small conversation, waiting as Kyrie finished his postgame interview.

"Semifinals here you come" I strutted towards Kyrie with a smile plastered on my face. He couldn't help but smirk and leaned down, puckering his lips before I quickly kissed him.

I was so proud of the amazing performance he and his team showed tonight and I knew how nervous he was coming into his first playoffs, though he didn't play like someone who was nervous at first.

I didn't even notice that Azeena had been taking pictures of us, until she had showed me. They were all very much cute, but the one that stood out the most to me was both of our hands wrapped around each other and him looking down at me with a smile to his face, and me cheesing hard.

I had asked her to send it to me and once she did I posted in on Instagram and captioned, 'His number one fan 😘'.

After he intertwined our fingers together, I swung both of our hands but stopped once something caught my attention. Raising his left hand up a bit, I noticed two newly done tattoos; an Aries ram on his middle finger, and the one on his ring finger I couldn't really tell what is was.

"When was this?" I asked, referring to the new ink.

He licked his lips, and roamed his eyes as if he was trying to remember. "Like two days before playoffs started"

As we walked, it seemed like Kyrie was limping but I didn't pay close attention to it because I assumed his feet were probably just tired after a long game. Hopefully everything is okay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221K 4.6K 76
Little scenarios that find themselves lodged in my brain about NBA players and Harry styles. Welcome to hell, enjoy yourself :)
204K 3.3K 42
Imagines of Mikey ๐Ÿฅฐ. Send request. Slow updates
134K 5K 20
"They gon stab me in my back that's what's going through my brain"
219K 2.2K 64
Juss read it to find out ;) Some might be rated R๐Ÿ˜