When Dreams Come True

By dreamerek

Can Yaman is an internationally known actor and model. His shows have had great success but he hasn't been ab... More

Author's Note
Sanem Aydin
Can Yaman
Yachts and Meetings
Destiny and Offers
Fountains and Wishes
Choreography and Tours
My Name is Sanem
Past History and Future Plans
Movies and Taste Testings
Bandanas, Fans and Albatross
Fame and Falling in Love
Hot Air Balloon Rides and Paparazzi
Pajamas and Decisions
Author's Note
Introductions and Impressions
Future Promises and Announcements
Wine and Doubts
Opportunities and Sacrifices
Devastation and Endings
Author's Note
Tears and Revelations
Dreams and Rainy Saturday Afternoons
Reunions in the Rain
Love Reborn and Pottery Throwing
Paris in the Rain
Ready for Book 3?
Author's Note
Author's Note
Author's Note

Happy Ending or New Beginnings

1.5K 100 106
By dreamerek

Can and Sanem sat close, holding hands and caressing each other on the flight back home. She kept lifting her hand up to admire her beautiful engagement ring.

Can, I'm so happy. I have to keep pinching myself to prove I'm not dreaming, she sighed.

Me too, bebek. You've made me so very happy. I'm glad your parents took the news well, he chuckled.

Well, I think they saw how much I suffered during our year apart and that my mind is made up about you. They want me to be happy and they trust my judgment. Plus, whatever you told my father when you first went to speak to him made an impact, she answered, putting her tiny hand in his.

I just told him the truth. I was deeply in love with his lovely daughter and I couldn't live without her, he confessed, watching her smile.

So, I was wondering. Where do you want to get married? she asked, looking up at him.

Sanem, you name the day, place and time and I'll be the one waiting for you as you walk down that aisle, he said with a deep look of love in his eyes.

Ok, then I was thinking in your garden. It will be beautiful this time of year. We can set up an arbor that we would have our ceremony under and white chairs lined up for our guests. I'd love wildflowers everywhere and a band with dancing afterwards. How does that sound? she asked with a smile.

That sounds perfect. My parents want to help with the arrangements and I'm sure yours does as well. I'll look into the officiant and marriage license, Can said confidently. But first, I know I have to go and formally ask for your hand.

Yes, you do! My Dad would be disappointed if you didn't, Sanem said. Should we call them and plan for everyone to get together tomorrow night? We can then divide up the details with everyone.

The sooner the better, Can said with a wink.

I can't believe it. If everything works out, we could actually be married in 2 or 3 weeks! she exclaimed happily.

2 or 3 weeks?? I was thinking one! Can retorted.

One?? Oh, Can I don't think we could pull that off in just a week, she said with a frown.

And then a smile crossed her face and she continued.

I have a feeling I know why you're in such a hurry, canim, she said with a shy smile.

Why? he asked, his brows furrowing.

Seems like someone got himself all worked up the other night at my hotel door, she whispered.

When they heard Tahir snicker behind them, they realized they were speaking louder than they thought.

Can turned around and Tahir gave him the "Oh really??" look with his eyebrows high up on his forehead. Can shot him a warning look and turned back around.

Sanem, I was just giving you a preview of what's to come, he whispered in her ear, creating a glow on her skin.

Yaa, Can. But what were the repercussions of that speech? she said, nodding her head knowingly and chuckling.

Taking a deep inhale then blowing it out, he answered, Yeah, I'm regretting that now, he said and then tickled her until she begged him to stop.

When they landed in Istanbul, they gathered their belongings and was helped down the small flight of stairs . They were greeted by an airline employee telling them about a busted pipe in the VIP lounge and that they would have to go through the main terminal to exit.

Tahir nodded and walked ahead of them into the terminal. Can grabbed his baseball cap and sunglasses out of his travel bag and took Sanem by the hand. She prayed that the paparazzi weren't alerted of their arrival. She just wanted a smooth exit out of the airport for once.

As they stopped by the immigration booth to show their passports, Sanem felt a tug on her dress. Not knowing what it was, she spun around to find the most beautiful little girl she had ever seen looking up at her in wonder.

Instantly kneeling down so she could see her face to face, Sanem smiled and asked her what her name was. Suddenly a woman appeared and apologized over and over again as she picked up her daughter.

It's Ok! We were just getting acquainted, Sanem said softly, seeing the woman's face relax.

My name is Kiraz, the little girl said clearly. She was about 9 years old by what Sanem could figure.

Kiraz's mom gasped when she heard her daughter speak so freely to this stranger. She was usually painfully shy and was having trouble in school because of it. She had lost her dad recently and the whole family was extremely worried about her. She had hardly spoken a few words ever since the loss.

Kiraz. What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl, Sanem said with a warm smile.

You are the dancer, yes? Kiraz asked bravely.

OH, yes I am. How did you know that? Sanem asked, her head tilting to the side.

Her mother answered, Kiraz heard about you and your story. We live in a mahalle as well and she was enamored with you. I took her see you perform recently to cheer her up. We've had a devastating loss recently. But ever since she saw you dance, she has been so happy! I'm Defne, but the way. It's such a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Aydin.

Sanem told her to please just call her by her name and upon hearing of their loss, her heart melted and she had to force back the tears that threatened to fall as she listened to Defne tell her more about their story. 

Can had turned around and heard the whole encounter. Smiling at his beautiful fiancé, he could tell by her facial expressions that she was moved by this encounter. He stayed close so she could feel his presence.

I want to be just like you when I grow up, Ms. Sanem, Kiraz said proudly. I want to dance on stage one day and make people happy like you made me happy.

Sanem put her hand to mouth as she fought for control of her emotions. This could have been her at that age. She thought about what it would have been like to have met the beautiful ballet dancer she had seen at that performance so long ago.

Fighting back tears, she took her by the hand and said, Kiraz, you can be anything you want to be. Now it will take hard work but I believe in you. You will be the most beloved dancer in all of Turkey one day. Could I come and see you perform when you do?

Kiraz smiled from ear to ear and looked up at her mother who was fighting back her own tears. She couldn't believe that Sanem would take the time to talk with her daughter like this.

Looking back at Sanem, she said, I would love for you to be there, Ms. Sanem! I will dance just like you!

And I will be on the front row watching you and clapping louder than anyone in the theatre, Sanem said with a smile.

Hugging her and whispering in her ear, Sanem stood up, took out a card and wrote her personal cell phone number on the back of it. Handing it Kiraz's mother, she said, please call me tomorrow. I'd love to be a part of seeing to her classes.

The woman refused and told her that it was too much but Can stepped in and said, She isn't going to take no for an answer, mam. You might as well give in. He smiled and winked at her.

Laughing, she answered, Very well. I will call you tomorrow. I promise. And thank you, Ms. Sanem. Bless you. 

Exchanging hugs, Sanem told them goodbye and that she would be expecting their call. Blowing a kiss to Kiraz, she reluctantly left as Can put his hand on the small of her back, leading her safely out of the airport.

When they had left, Kiraz's mom asked her what Sanem had whispered in her ear. 

She told me "thank you". But I have no idea why, anne?

They moved quickly through the exits and only had to deal with one photographer as they got into the waiting car.

Sanem was looking out of the window the whole ride. Can leaned up to look at her face and she smiled and nodded that she was ok.

Kissing her hand, he knew to leave her with whatever she was working out in her head. The encounter with Kiraz had affected her greatly, of that he was sure. When she was ready to talk to him, she would.

Making plans for dinner at his house, Sanem relaxed on the sofa while Can cooked. He kept looking in at her to be sure she was alright. Getting up and joining him in the kitchen, she poured them both a glass of wine.

Ready to talk about it? Can asked cautiously.

Yes, I think I am, canim, Sanem answered quietly.

Can...what would you think if I told you that I don't want to dance professionally anymore? Or at least not full time, she said, causing him to stop chopping and put down his knife.

Bebek, I, I don't know what to say. You love dancing. Please tell me you're not thinking about giving it up because we're getting married, are you? Because we can work out our schedules, I promise! But, I want to hear more about what you're thinking, he answered, walking over to her and taking her hands in his.

I do love dancing. It's my whole life. And this experience over the last year or so has made me so grateful for the opportunities I've been afforded, she continued.

But.., he interjected.

But...meeting Kiraz today has opened my heart to something I have thought about but never voiced to anyone before. I would still want to dance from time to time. I don't think I'm ready to give that up completely, or at least not yet. I don't know if there is a dance group that would allow that but I want to spend a good bit of my time doing something...different, Sanem explained.

What would you like to do, bebek? Let's dream together. Tell me! Can said excitedly.

She smiled and loved his enthusiasm that now gave her the confidence to share her unspoken dream.

I want to open my own dance studio for all ages. I'd like to open it near my mahalle, near the neighborhood that I grew up in, she declared, holding her breath in anticipation of his reaction.

Sanem, I don't know what to say. No...I do know what to say. Do it! Let's do it together. I'm all in, bebek! he said.

Really, Can? You don't think I'm crazy? she asked with a frown. Giving up my career, even part-time, when things are just opening up for me is going to look foolish to most people. What if I can't find a way to do both? What if I fail? What if..she gushed but was interrupted.

What if you do succeed, Sanem? What if you do find a dance group that would allow you to do both? What if you open a dance studio and make a huge difference in the lives of children like Kiraz? What if you find the purpose for your life in this dream? What if, what if...Sanem, what if we hadn't accidentally met in the cabin that night? What if you hadn't forgiven me?

Life is a series of choices that can bring us both joy as well as pain. Some are given to us as gifts like meeting you and receiving your forgiveness. And others are a result of hard work like what you and I have done in our careers. But in the end, we have to dream, we have to follow those dreams, work hard and show love and respect to those around us. Share our passions with others. 

If you want to do this, forge ahead, bebek. You can make this happen. I know you can. Your books, your dance career, your studio. It's all a part of you. You've created all of those things in that beautiful mind and heart of yours. You have so much more to give to this world. And I want a front row seat to all it. Every single minute of it, Can said passionately.

Caaan, she whispered. Thank you, canim. Thank you so much. You are so wonderful. She grabbed him and hugged him tightly. I love you so much!

I just realized how much our dreams outside our careers are so similar, Can. Your charity work inspired me but I hadn't talked to anyone about it yet. I love this idea the more I think about it and I want to do this with you. I want your charity and my studio to work together somehow. I want to offer scholarships for children like Kiraz and others so no one is turned away if they want to attend, she said with renewed fire in her eyes.

I absolutely love that idea, Sanem, he said with so much love in his eyes. I didn't think I could love you more but my heart is about ready to burst.

A memory came back to him in that moment and he thought it was time he shared it with her.

She had happily started munching on the vegetables he had been chopping when she heard him say, You know, bebek. There is a dream of mine that I haven't shared with anyone yet either.

Putting down the carrot she had been eating and wiping her hands on a towel, she turned to him again, her face full of curiosity.

Oh really? Tell me! she exclaimed.

Well, when we were apart, I had a dream about us. We were in a beautiful green meadow, on a large bed with four big wooden posts and sheer white curtains all around. They were blowing in the wind as you slept. I was talking to our, ahem, three children, he said carefully.

Sanem looked shocked and he laughed at her reaction. 

Three children?? So, what were you talking about? she asked curiously.

Well, being they were your children, he said with a mischievous smile, they were hungry. So I offered to make them crepes with chocolate sauce but I told them to be quiet, though, so they didn't wake up their beautiful mother, he said with a crooked smile.

So, let me get this straight, she said, sitting up and putting on a mock serious face. We were out in a meadow, on a bed..great idea by the way..and you were about to go make our three children crepes and chocolate sauce while I got to sleep in? Sounds like a dream to me!

Laughing at her, he took her by the hand as he always did, and kissed it.

Well, I guess I thought you deserved some rest after having had triplets, he announced proudly.

Choking on the carrot she had resumed eating, she sputtered, TRIPLETS?! Are you kidding me?

Chuckling again, he held her close and whispered in her ear, I'd be very happy if that dream came true, bebek.

Ufff, Can, that's easy for you to say. You don't have to carry them for 9 months, she retorted, making them both laugh out loud.

Triplets! she thought as she tried to envision Can's dream, making her smile suddenly.

I'd be very happy too, Can, to have three children with you. Just...not all at once, she whispered.

____________________

Sanem was so happy to hear from Defne the next morning. She asked how Kiraz was doing and was told that she went to school that morning, talking up a storm about having met Sanem, much to the relief of her teachers.

Defne, that's wonderful news. I'm so very happy! So I asked around and there's a dance studio not far from you and I would be honored to pay for her classes. But, I do want to share with you something that I'll beg you to keep to yourself. I want to open up a studio in the near future. I don't know how long the process will take but until then, I'd like to get Kiraz started at the other one but then have her join mine when the time comes. How do feel about that? Sanem asked.

I don't know what to say except God brought you into our lives and I'll never forget what you've done for me and for Kiraz, Defne said as she tried not to sob.

You are so welcome. Send her my love and I'll be in touch with all the details. Blessings to you both, Defne. And if you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out, Sanem said sincerely.

Hanging up, Sanem thought about what she would tell her parents about this new idea. She prayed they wouldn't be too upset. But for now, all her thoughts were on the special event that night. She and Can had so many things to do so they agreed to wait and see each other at her parent's house that evening.

That night, both families and their friends gathered at the Aydin house. The whole mahalle was in an uproar about the celebration. Having to tell so many of them that there wasn't enough room for everyone to attend was difficult for Perihan. She had been warned by Sanem that she also couldn't have everyone attend the small wedding either, so they compromised and Perihan had everyone put together a big dinner out in the neighborhood's Main Street after the formal engagement ceremony that night.

Mia and Frankie had come over early to help Sanem get ready and with the dinner preparation. They were in the living room waiting for the ceremony to begin when the doorbell rang.

Can, Aziz, and Merihba arrived at 6 pm on the dot, Can nervously shuffling his feet again, just like the last time he was at their door. Tahir and Roberto were on their way. They had to get a few paparazzis off the trail.

Nehat and Perihan greeted them at the door with hugs and welcomes and ushered them all into the living room. Sanem was in the kitchen nervously making the traditional coffee. It wasn't her strong suit but she and Leyla were figuring it out.

A few minutes later, Roberto and Tahir rang the doorbell and were greeted by Nehat who led them to join the others.

Tahir gave Can a knowing wink when he walked in, letting him know they had successfully lost their tail.

Sanem walked into the living followed by Leyla. She took a deep breath in when she saw Can. He was so incredibly handsome in his dressy clothes. That man was gorgeous when he dressed casually but when he wore more formal clothes, he was lethal.

The coffee cups started to rattle as she greeted everyone and started to serve coffee to the guests. Can's eyes had not moved from Sanem. She was wearing a long yellow silk gown that made his breathing increase at the sight. He hoped Nehat, who was seated next to him, didn't notice.

When Sanem came to sit next to Can, she handed him the last cup of coffee. The tradition was for the bride to put salt in it and if the groom drank it without making a face, he was signifying that he could endure any hardship they would face.

Sanem may have put a little too much in it, as her hands were shaking but Can swallowed it one quick go and smiled as it went down, passing the test.

He looked at Sanem as his Dad spoke to Nehat and Perihan. She looked shyly down as she realized that this beautiful tradition of having Can come and ask for her hand was something she had dreamt of as a little girl.

Nehat and Perihan, you know that our children have met and fallen in love. On behalf of my son, Can, his mother Merihba and I are here to formally ask for Sanem's hand in marriage. Would you grant him that blessing?

Nehat looked stern and Perihan was praying her husband hadn't change his mind but after a few long and worrisome minutes, he exclaimed, Evet! Yes, Can, you may have the hand of my precious daughter Sanem as your wife!

Sanem suddenly realized that she and Can had not talked about wedding rings for the ceremony and she had a momentary inward breakdown until she saw Can pull out another black velvet box. She realized that when it came to promises and commitments, she never had to doubt him.

Smiling at her and going in for a kiss on the lips, she whispered, Not in front of my Dad, so he stealthfully slid his lips to her cheek.

Nehat took the rings and placed them on Can and Sanem's fingers along with the silky red ribbon, representing their union. He pronounced a blessing on their lives and the lives of their coming children.

Then the chaos started, as expected! Everyone was up on their feet, hugging and kissing Can and Sanem. There was so much joy and excitement in that room that they all felt so grateful to be a part of it.

The girls had already huddled up, talking about the wedding plans. As the party moved to the neighborhood street, the whole mahalle was out in force, joining in the celebration long into the night. There was music and so much food that Sanem felt sure they'd all be sent home with pans full of the leftovers.

The family and friends divided up the wedding planning details and by the time the last goodbye was said, it was after 1 am. Sanem had promised her parents that she would spend the night there, so Can had to say goodnight to her at her door like they were teenagers.

Are you happy, bebek? Can asked as kissed her hand, knowing they were in sight of the neighbors. He really wanted to kiss her sweet lips now that she was formally all his but he restrained himself.

Deliriously happy, askim, she answered, searching his eyes.

So, is this our happy ending? he asked, getting close to her ear and making her eyes close as she felt his warm breath on her cheek.

No, Can, this is only the beginning, she whispered back.

___________________

Mia had a photo shoot the morning after the engagement ceremony but the girls all made plans to meet in the evening to look for the wedding dress. She knew just the place, she had said.

Sanem loved having breakfast with her parents and Leyla, who had gotten permission from Aziz to take off a few days to help with the wedding preparations.

You know, I love Can and the girls but I selfishly love it being just the four of us this morning, Perihan said as she wiped away a tear. I'm going to miss you both so much!

Anne! Leyla and I moved out 2 years ago! Sanem lovingly teased her.

I know, I know. It's just that you may move away and Leyla may find the love of her life and leave Istanbul, she continued, working herself into a frenzy.

Nehat, patting her hand, said, Our girls will always come back to see you, askim. We are a family and nothing can tear us apart.

Baba! Of course, nothing can tear us apart, Leyla said, hugging her Mom.

Sanem got up and kissed her also as they talked about the wedding.

Actually, there's something that I want to share with you guys. I've made a decision. Can and I want to join our love for children in need in a more meaningful way, Sanem said.

She told them about her idea of opening the dance studio and how Can's charity for children would work hand in hand with it.

Nehat questioned her decision but spoke carefully, knowing her tender heart. Daughter, are you sure this is what you want to do? I mean you have worked so hard for so many years to accomplish the goals you've made for yourself. Is this the right time?

Baba, I met a little girl named Kiraz at the airport the other day and she lit the flame of a dream I had been thinking about for a few years now. I hadn't shared it with anyone until I told Can the other night, Sanem answered.

Wiping the tears that started to flow, she continued. Anne, she told me that she wanted to be just like me one day. She wanted to be a dancer on a stage but I could see that her mom was struggling to know how to tell her she couldn't afford it now that her husband had passed.

Ohh my goodness! That poor family! Having to endure that at such a young age, Perihan said as her hand went to her heart.

She touched my heart so deeply. Her mom shared with me that she retreated so much after her dad's death, that the school was even worried about her. But she heard about a dancer from a mahalle like hers, that became a famous dancer. So her mom saved up to bring her to one of my performances and I could see it, anne. Her eyes lit up when she talked about that night. Even talking to me was a miracle, as her mom shared that she wasn't talking to anyone, Sanem said, wiping the onslaught of tears that she could no longer stop.

Leyla held her hand and said, Abla, it doesn't surprise me that you want to open a dance studio for children. And I'll bet you and Can want to offer free classes to those who can't afford it, right?

Yes! Yes, abla. That's exactly what we want to do. When I get back from my honeymoon, I want to start looking for the right place right here in our neighborhood. I don't want it downtown. I want to teach them where they live, Sanem said, now gaining her confidence.

Baba, I know how much you sacrificed to get me started in dance classes but the more I talk about it, the more I know it's the right thing to do. I just need to convince my dance group leaders to allow me a less hectic schedule so I can do both, she said, hoping to make her Dad understand.

Looking away and wiping a tear from his eyes, he turned back and said with all the strength he could muster, Sanem, I've never been more proud of you than I am at this moment. I will support you 100% in this or any new endeavor. Your heart is pure and nothing that comes from that can be wrong.

OH Baba! I love you so much! Thank you, Sanem cried as she held him.

Sanem's next call was to her dance team leaders to see about getting a 2 week vacation for their honeymoon. They were thrilled for her and agreed wholeheartedly. Sanem promised to give them the dates as soon as they got the date of the wedding set. 

Sanem, you are a very special person and an exceptional dancer. We are so incredibly blessed to have you on our team and we will do anything to keep you content. We don't want to lose you anytime soon, her superior told her.

Well, I'm unbelievably fortunate to be a part of your team. I'm so appreciative of your understanding the last few months. And...there is something I'd like to talk to you about when I get back. I think it would benefit us both, she said, hoping to start laying the groundwork for that big conversation to come.

We will be looking forward to it, Sanem. We wish you all the best, he said.

___________________

Can had to attend a last minute meeting with Mamut that he didn't want to miss. The producers of the movie El Turco, were finally ready to sit down and discuss its future. They had been trying to sell it to a few studios after they lost the original funding for the editing part and one had just recently become interested. Once the editing was done, they told Can, they could work on a release date.

Unfortunately because of the meeting going longer than expected, it meant that Can didn't get to the registrar's office until late afternoon with the terrible traffic that time of day. He had worn his hair up in a half ponytail, a baseball cap and dark sunglasses in hopes of not being recognized. He couldn't even imagine the ruckus that would start if he had. One of the advantages of having a small wedding at his house, the guests coming there wouldn't attract attention and alert the paparazzi.

As he went in to make the arrangements, he found out there was an officiant available 7 days from then. He didn't know what Sanem would say so he told them he would be right back after a quick phone call, asking them to hold that date for a few minutes.

___________________

Sanem, Leyla, Perihan, Mia and Frankie had taken over the wedding dress shop that Mia had suggested. Mia knew the owner and had told her that they would give her lots of publicity after the wedding if she and her employees would be discreet.

There was so much chaos that the boutique ended up closing for the day as it was getting late. Sanem had to laugh at Perihan's antics as she tried to haggle with the staff about the prices. She thought for a moment at one point, she would take off her slipper and beat one of the employees with it!

Shhh, ladies, hold it down. The groom is on the phone, Sanem said, hoping that would calm them down. But to no avail. There was a chorus of "Ooooos" so loud, she was forced to walk outside. Looking back at them with a scowl and a chuckle, she answered her phone.

Can! You cannot imagine what these women are doing to these poor shop owners right now, she said with a huff.

Laughing as he pictured it, he said, I can only imagine, bebek. So, there is an officiant available in 7 days. I know you said that wasn't going to be enough time, but let's go over the details. You said your parents' restaurant was going to handle the dinner, my parents are already getting the chairs and everything else for the ceremony and party afterwards. You're getting your dress now and I already have a suit. And Frankie is handling the flowers for you. How about it, bebek?

Slowing down her thoughts, she realized he was right. Just in a day, they had pretty much worked everything out. Since it was less than 25 people, it really was doable.

Let's do it, askim! One week from today, I will walk down that aisle, into your arms and into our future, she said with a confident smile.

Air fisting his hand in triumph, Can answered, And I'll be the lucky guy waiting for you and wondering how I got so lucky.

Caaan, you're so sweet, she cooed.

I know. You make it so easy, he answered.

Can went back into the office and got everything booked as Sanem walked in and broke the news to the girls. Perihan started to faint and they had to bring out the lemon cologne to bring her back, but in the end, everyone was in agreement. Can called his parents to give them the update and after a tense conversation with his Mom about not having enough time, she conceded as well, calling in some favors.

When there was finally a quiet moment, Sanem shared with Mia and Frankie about her idea of the dance studio to which they both screamed with excitement.

Abla, when that happens, I want to be right there with you, side by side, Frankie said with a smile.

And I want to support you in any way I can, Sanem. Count me in as a benefactor for those scholarships, Mia exclaimed.

Grabbing them both, Sanem thanked them over and over for loving her and supporting her so much.

Ok, girls, I think this is the one, Sanem declared as she slipped on the beautiful white lace dress. It was conservative at first glance but the lace top came off, revealing a corset style bust with a mermaid look bottom that hugged Sanem's curves so perfectly.

Gasps and smiles came from the whole group as they watched Sanem step onto the platform and turn for them.

Daughter, that is...you are...just beautiful, Perihan said, her hand clasped to her mouth.

Yes, abla, that is you. So perfect. It's the one! Leyla exclaimed.

And Can is going to faint when he sees how the bottom hugs your...Frankie started to say but stopped in fear as she saw Perihan's reaction. 

Laughing, Mia agreed, Yes, abla. It was made for you. Oh gosh, I'm starting to cry again. I'm so happy for you!

The ladies in the shop sighed in relief when they saw that Sanem had made her decision. She really was a goddess in that dress, they all said.

Sanem turned towards the full length mirror again and smiled.

In one week, she would marry the man of her dreams.

____________________

Perihan begged Sanem to stay one more night with them since it was so late and she hated to say no. She had hoped to maybe see Can but she loved making her Mom happy with her request.

Can! I'm so excited to hear this, canim! El Turco is finally going to be produced. What wonderful news. How are you feeling about it? Sanem asked excitedly when Can called her late that night.

Sighing heavily, he said, I'm really happy. I put so much into that role and have waited so long to see it finally moving towards completion. Mamut negotiated for a hefty payment for me, siting my success with Inadina and Viola. And with that in mind, I have some ideas but I wanted to talk to you in person. Is it too late to come over? Can asked, not being able to wait until the next day to see her again.

Oh, canim, I forgot to tell you! Mom asked me to spend one more night at home with them. I think she's worried that you and I will move far from Istanbul soon and she's wants to spend as much time with me as possible. I didn't have the heart to tell her no. Can we make plans to meet in the morning? Sanem asked.

I can understand that. That's part of what I wanted to talk to you about tomorrow but again, we will wait for that conversation til we're together. I'm glad your conversation with the dance group leaders went well. I really believe they will be in favor of the dance studio idea. Either way, we're in this together, right? Can asked, looking at the time again and wondering if he could sneak over to the Aydins.

Yes we are, Sanem said with a smile.

So..are you wearing those cute pajamas I saw you in at your apartment that morning. The ones with "LALA" on them, he said chuckling as he conjured up that memory.

I can't believe you remembered them! No, they're at home. I spilled coffee on the pair I wore last night so I had to borrow a big T-shirt from my dad since I don't have another clean pair over here, she said, not realizing the implication of that statement.

Remembering her now in his big oversized T-shirt, Can smiled like a Cheshire cat. Oh really? I remember how you look in an oversize T shirt also, bebek, he said seductively.

Can Yaman, you'd better stop right there, she said, laughing.

Yes, I think you're right, he answered with a big sigh.

So what would happen if I scaled the wall to your room? he asked, hoping she'd say yes.

Ey yi! Yok, yok, Can! My dad would kill you if he found you climbing up to my window! Not to mention Melihat! Sanem whispered loudly.

Remembering the scary neighbor and her reputation, Can retorted, Then climb down and come and meet me then, he teased, knowing he'd never let her do that.

As clumsy as I am, that would be a disaster! Sanem said chuckling again.

Okay, I'll have to endure until the morning then. Good night, bebek. I love you very very very much, Can said.

I'll see you in the morning. I wish I could kiss you good night but I'll wait and make up for it tomorrow, she said quietly, chuckling to herself. And I love you very very very much too, Can. Good night, Sanem answered.

Hanging up, she spun around the room like a little girl, basking in the overwhelming feeling of love. She really did feel like a little girl in that moment, in her childhood bedroom, dreaming of finding her true love. 

But I'm not dreaming, she said out loud with a huge smile. My dreams are coming true.

__________________

Early the next morning, barely at sunrise, Sanem heard something at her window. Thinking she was just hearing things, she ignored it until it happened again.

Getting up and moving to the window, she saw the most glorious sight and her heart sped up.

There was Can, standing across the street with his arms open wide, smiling up at her.

Putting her clothes back on, she ran downstairs and into his arms.

Can, she whispered. What are you doing here so early?

I couldn't wait, Sanem. Not a single moment longer. I couldn't go one night away from you. I had to have you in my arms, he said with an intensity that shook her.

I don't know what I'm going to do for the next few days. Just knowing that you are mine in the eyes of our tradition is making it so hard to stay away from you, he said, pointing to his wedding band.

I feel the same way, Can, she answered, sighing heavily. But it's only a few more days.

Yes, just a few more days and then you are officially Sanem Yaman. I love the sound of that. You taking my name, being able to kiss you whenever I want, smell your fragrance all day and all night. I really don't know if I can wait any longer. Can we just elope? he said with a husky voice.

Not unless you want my Mom to hunt you down and beat you to death with her slipper, Sanem, said with a laugh.

Ah, Sanem, ah. What have you done to me? You are as essential as air to me now. I wake up some mornings, worried this is all a dream and then I remember that it's real. You and I. Together, he continued.

You and I. Together. Nothing will ever keep us apart again. You are engraved in my heart and nothing and no one can erase that, she said, holding him close.

Why don't you come inside and say hello to my parents while I get my things together. We'll make our plans for breakfast instead of brunch. Just don't let my Mom bully you into staying here from breakfast! she said, grinning. I want some one-on-one time with you.

Deal! he exclaimed as he took her hand and walked into the house behind her. 

_________________

They walked hand in hand into the restaurant overlooking the water. It was a small place that Can was able to eat at without too much attention. 

After ordering, Can sat closer to her so they could talk.

Sanem, I want to share with you what I've been thinking about. Once you get the green light from the dance group, which I know you will, to divide your time between it and the new studio, I want to take some time off to help get it started. With El Turco coming out in the next couple of months, I'll have some down time, Can shared.

What about season 2 of Viola? Can, I don't want you to miss out on an opportunity like that, Sanem said with concern in her voice.

Bebek, there is no way I'm going to Italy without out, especially if it means starting our marriage off with another separation. I enjoyed my time there but that's just not going to happen. Mamut says his phone is ringing off the hook with offers since Viola. It appears that the Turkish producers didn't like losing me to an Italian one, he said, chuckling.

I will have my pick of projects when I'm ready. But in the meantime, we can concentrate on the charity and the getting the studio off the ground. I can do any number of product ads as I want also. Listen, we've both worked hard to get to where we are. I'm not going to lie. The plan was to work for another 10 years or so as hard as I could, save up and be able to slow down and enjoy life later on but while I was still young. And I've done that to a point.

But my original plan didn't include meeting the love of my life. And for right now, you are my priority. I can work as much or as little as I want. Work will always be there. But love...love only comes around once in a lifetime and only if you're incredibly lucky. What would it matter if I had a million dollars in the bank but my heart was empty?

I thank God for the day I met you, Sanem. None of this matters. I can live in a hut and work at a burger joint if I knew I had you to come home to every night. So let's put this as a priority. You're sacrificing your dream to get this started. Don't deny me wanting to do the same, askim, he begged.

Shaking her head in disbelief, she answered, How..how in the world did I get so lucky, Can? To have found a man like you. 

You're amazing, she said as she kissed his forehead.

You're generous, she said as she kissed one cheek.

You're so loving, she said as she kissed the other cheek.

Pointing to his lips, he said, Don't forget..handsome.

Smiling and kissing his lips  three times gently, she said, And yes, yes, you are so..very...handsome.

Can captured her lips in a deeper kiss but was interrupted.

Ahem...sorry, excuse me. Are you..? the young lady said.

Pulling away embarrassed, Sanem wiped her lips and let Can speak to his fan.

Oh, sorry, yes hi I am Can Yaman, he said nicely, reaching out for her pen and paper.

Ahhh. Actually I was talking to her, she said as she pointed to Sanem.

Me? Sanem said, surprised and looked at Can.

Yes, aren't you Sanem Aydin, the dancer? I saw your last performance and it was amazing. Would you sign this please? I'd love to have it as a memento, she pleaded.

Taking the pen and paper, Sanem said, Oh, yes, of course. What's your name? And thank you for the compliment. I'm so glad you enjoyed the show!

My name is Guliz. I've been taking dance classes for a long time now and I just hope I can be as good as you one day. Sometimes I don't think I can do it, though, she answered sheepishly.

Well, Guliz, I wish you all the luck in the world. Just remember, it starts with believing in yourself first. Anytime someone tells you that you can't, show them and yourself that you can! Work hard, harder than everyone else, and when you know you've done your best, then that's all you need to keep going, Sanem said with conviction.

Hugging her, she told her to never give up. Guliz thanked her, and left smiling.

Can watched with such admiration and smiled when she sat back down next to him.

I think that's a sign, bebek. You are a natural born teacher, he said as he hugged her.

Nodding her head in agreement shyly, she said, I think you may be right. 

______________________

The next few days was very busy for everyone as the day of the wedding quickly approached. Every day Sanem had to convince Can not to elope! Can, Tahir and Roberto were making plans for new dates and places for the Break the Wall Tour after the honeymoon.

He wanted to stay close to Istanbul and hoped that they could garner the kind of funding they needed for their next project, scholarships for Sanem's dance studio once it was open.

They had spent one of the days before the wedding touring some spaces near her mahalle but nothing was exactly what she had wanted so they had a realtor take up the hunt so they could focus on the wedding plans. 

She had given her landlord notice that she was moving out at the end of the month with plans to move in with Can after the wedding. His house was beautiful and she felt at home in it over the past few months.

Two days before the wedding, everyone met at Sanem's to pack up her stuff and move it to Can's so that would be done when they returned from their honeymoon. She made plans to stay at her Mom's those last two nights and had to keep convincing Can not to climb into her window while she was there.

Then they got the good news the day before the wedding, that the realtor thought he had found the perfect place.

Sanem drew in a quick breath as Can pulled up to the location the realtor sent them.

Can, it's perfect! Look at the colors! Oh it's just perfect, Sanem said over and over.

I'm so glad you like it, bebek. The realtor gave me the code for the lock box. Let's go take a look inside.

As they went through the door, Sanem smiled from ear to ear. 

This is it, Can. This is the one, she said.

It had been used for multiple businesses but the last one was some type of production company and they left behind the big lights and mirrors, which was perfect for a studio.

Sanem closed her eyes and she could envision it all. The kids. The music. The ballet bars.

But mostly she envisioned Kiraz...

You look so beautiful standing here with that smile on your face, Sanem, Can said in her ear as he walked up behind her.

Happiness is a beautiful thing, isn't, askim? she asked.

Turning her to face the mirror so she could see his enormous smile, he answered, Yes, it is..

_____________________

The day of the wedding had finally come and just to make her laugh and keeping with tradition, Can called her early that morning and asked it it wasn't too late to elope.

Serseri! she said as she smiled and told him she'd see him at the ceremony.

Can wore a crisp white button down shirt with a black vest and matching pants. It wasn't his favorite way to dress but today was the most important day of his life. Besides, Sanem had told him how much she loved seeing him dressed up from time to time. And for her, he would do anything.

He laughed along with Roberto and Tahir as they tried to figure out how to put on cufflinks. He had no idea why they both insisted on getting so dressed up but he loved them for it.

Telling them that he needed just a few minutes alone, they both patted his shoulder and said they'd be in the next room if he needed them.

Once alone, he smiled, thinking back at the journey he and Sanem had taken. Who could have imagined that the mystery woman in that cabin, who smelled like heaven, would be walking down an aisle towards him in just a few short hours? He tried hard to keep his emotions in check but it was a difficult task.

Sanem had changed his whole life from the moment she walked into it. She brought joy and laughter and a wholeness he didn't think was possible for a man like him. His fame had brought him so many good things but Sanem had brought him life.

Buttoning his vest and putting on his favorite chains, he remembered what a lonely man he was before her. The thought of having someone to share all of this with made his heart leap with anticipation.

He looked outside his window and watched the wind blow through the oak tree in his yard and he smiled thinking about how alike they were. They both loved being outside and were so at home in nature. Their children would grow up with the same love of adventure, he vowed.

Later, as he took a deep breath in, he glanced at his watch and smiled again. It was almost time.

____________________

There was a flurry of excitement around Sanem all morning as she dressed at her Mom's house. It was a relatively small home so she, Mia, Frankie and Leyla were getting ready in the two empty bedrooms upstairs. 

There were clothes and makeup strewn everywhere. Mia couldn't find her shoes and Frankie was sure that she had brought her favorite eyeliner but couldn't locate it either.

Every once in awhile, Perihan would burst through the door, giving them a countdown on time, which would make the girls yell and say they needed more time.

They had helped Sanem with her dress, hair and makeup first so she was able to take a few minutes to herself. Quieting her thoughts as the chaos raged around her, she couldn't help thinking about the first time she saw Can on TV.

Inadina Ask was his first leading role and she remembered him telling her how unbelievably nervous he was but she would have never known. He walked into his first scene with such grace, such quiet confidence that he took her breath away. There was a sophistication to him that wasn't common for a man so young. The truth was, no matter how nervous he may have been on the inside, the Can that walked into that first scene was a man who knew who he was.

He was humble to a fault, she thought, remembering when they first met in Ankara at the Break the Wall Tour. He was never cocky with his fans and always seemed almost embarrassed at all the attention.

Then, of course, was the fact that he was the most beautiful man she had ever met. His chiseled jaw, expressive eyes and those dimples! Just picturing them made Sanem blush. He treated his body like a temple, eating healthy and exercising were a way of life for him. Although she loved that he didn't deny himself anything he really wanted either, often indulging in pasta and wine and of course, dark chocolate.

She had only seen him shirtless in person once, even though she had every one of his shirtless IG posts saved on her phone. That day, at the waterfront, was very hot and he had to take it off, he had said. She swore he must have an internal furnace. There always seemed to be heat emanating from his body and she loved it.

But that day, watching how his muscles rippled as he made a fire for them on the beach, was a sensory overload for her poor heart.

Then a wicked smile started across her face as she thought about the fact that this gorgeous Greek god-like man was hers. All hers. Remembering what he had whispered to her at her hotel door, she started fanning herself.

Abla, do you need some water? You look flushed all of a sudden, Mia asked as she found her other shoe under the bed.

Yes, I think I might, Sanem said as she tried to hide her thoughts. She was a little nervous about that night but mostly excited. She knew that with Can, she was safe and would be loved and cherished.

Frankie must have figured out what was going through Sanem's mind. With a wicked smile of her own, she whispered in her ear, Care to share what you're smiling about, abla?

Slapping her arm, Sanem answered, Not a chance! They both started to giggle and Mia joined in, not even sure what they were laughing about.

Suddenly the door flew open again and Perihan shouted, It's time! It's time!

Sanem heard Nehat behind her say, Calm down, canim. You've got all of nerves on edge!

Asking permission to come in, Nehat looked at Sanem and smiled, Oh my beautiful erkenci kus. You look like an angel. Moving in for a hug and kiss on the cheek, Sanem thanked him.

Are you happy, my little one? he asked as he held her.

Pulling away to look into his eyes, she answered, So very happy, baba.

That's all I need to know today. Are you ready? he asked. I think your Mom will be flying through that door in about 5 more minutes.

Laughing as she answered, Yes, I'm ready!

With one last tornado of activity, Mia and Frankie grabbed their things as they followed Nehat and Sanem down the stairs. Can had arranged for a beautiful car to pick them up and bring them to his house. One of the advantages of her spending the night at her Mom's was no paparazzi. The night of the engagement, Tahir and Roberto had gotten rid of them long before they figured out which mahalle her parents lived in. Everyone from the mahalle, though, came out in force to wish them congratulations and see them off as they headed towards town.

___________________

Tahir told Can that Roberto had taken Can's car for a ride just as the car with Sanem and her family and the girls were due to arrive. He had worn a baseball cap so the paparazzi followed him to the other side of town. He would ditch them as planned, then circle back to his own house and switch to his car to return for the wedding.

It was a lot of work but it was worth it for Sanem and Can to have the wedding they deserved. No one would know the wedding had occurred until they decided when they wanted to share it later on.

Hearing his phone ping, Tahir let the groom know that the car had just arrived. 

Taking Can into a big bear hug, Tahir said, Can, I've known you for a very long time and I have to say how happy I am for you, abi. I know I was hesitant about your relationship with Sanem in the beginning because of the decisions you were making for your career. But I can see now that you were absolutely right to sacrifice what you have for her. I can only wish to find that same love one day. 

Thank you, Tahir. And I wish the same for you too. Speaking of that, have you gotten up the nerve to ask Frankie out for a date yet? I'm guessing not or Sanem would have told me, Can said.

Shhh. Keep your voice down, Can! No one knows about my...he didn't even know how to finish that sentence.

Your...crush? Can teased.

Crush! At my age? Tahir answered, clearly agitated.

Just say the word and I'll have Sanem give her a little nudge in your direction, Can offered.

No! Leave it alone, abi. No playing match maker! Promise me, he said nervously.

Chuckling, Can responded, I promise, I promise!

Walking together to the arbor to wait for the ceremony to begin, Can set his eyes to the place he knew Sanem would enter from. He didn't want to move so he didn't miss a thing.

His parents came up and gave him a huge hug and told him how much they loved him and how happy they were for him and Sanem.

Standing in front of their family and friends, Can greeted them all but still wouldn't move from his spot under the arbor.

Then officiant took his place next to Can as they saw a breathless Roberto run to his seat, giving the thumbs up.

Just then the first note of a beautiful version of one of Sanem and Can's favorite songs began to play from the speakers.

Thinking of the words, Can took a deep quick inhale. How those words described them and their love story.

Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow
One step closerI have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more
Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath, every hour has come to this

As he was swept up in the emotion of the song, he saw a glimpse of white and his eyes came up to meet an angel. An angel who had come down to earth to be his and his alone.

When Sanem heard the first few notes of their song, she knew she would have to hold back the tears that were now threatening to fall.

Look at this man, she thought to herself. It wasn't his gorgeous body that drew her in, although he was devastatingly handsome. Once again it was his eyes. Those eyes that shone with all the love he felt for her that drew her to him. They held the secrets that no one else but them knew. 

As Nehat and Sanem got close to the front and to Can, she smiled and his heart couldn't take it. He had to wipe away a tear that had snuck past his defenses. She was earth shatteringly gorgeous. Her gown made her look like creature from another time and place. Ethereal was the only word he could conjure up to describe her.

Nehat walked her right up to Can, and placed her hand in his as Sanem looked back at the man she loved before any other and kissed her father on the cheek.

Turning back to face Can, she knew she was turning towards her future. 

A future that held the anticipation of joy as well as challenges, she was sure. But they would face them together.

They wanted the ceremony to be simple so after the officiant greeted everyone, they exchanged vows that they had written to each other.

Turning to face Can, Sanem spoke first: 

Borrowing the words from our song, I say to you, Can, the love of my life, I will be brave. I will not let anything take away what's standing in front of me.
Every breath, every hour has come to this.

All of my life, I now understand, has brought me to this moment, standing bravely in front of you. Every moment, every choice has lead me to you. I stand before you and give you my life, my heart, my soul. I am yours, Can. And you are mine. Forever.

The whole wedding party was in near sobs at this point but nothing could have prepared them for Can's words as he spoke his vows.

Sanem, my heart, my life, my everything. When I wrote my vows, I borrowed a few lines from our song also. I have loved you for a thousand years. Long before I knew you, long before I looked into your eyes or saw your face, I loved you. I know now that you were created just for me. I know it to be true because you have made me whole. 

I was only half a man until that fateful day I walked into that dark cabin. My life was dark before you, Sanem. But I now live in the light that is you. Yes, I have loved you for a thousand years and I'll love you for a thousand more. I am yours, Sanem. And you are mine. Forever.

Their friends and family knew that they were witnessing something precious and unique. This was true love of such epic proportions, it made each of them grateful to be present to witness it. Even the officiant was seen wiping his eyes.

Composing himself again, he asked Sanem if she willingly took Can to be her husband, to which she answered loudly, EVET! as she held up her bouquet.

He then turned to Can and asked, Do you Can, take Sanem willingly to be your wife?

Can smiled and said, Evet. Evet. With all my heart, evet! as he looked down, trying not to cry.

Then with the authority given to me, I pronounce you husband and wife!

Everyone was up out of their seats as they watched Can bring Sanem in for a passionate kiss. It wasn't the kind he wanted to give her but with her father present, he held back as much as he could. 

He looked in her eyes and simply said, Mine. Forever mine.

She smiled and kissed him gently on the lips again and echoed his declaration, Mine. Forever mine, Can.

The AJWA Sultanahmet hotel was as beautiful as Sanem had pictured it when Can showed it to her online.

It was decorated in Ottoman-style decor and even though it was fairly new, it had an old world feel to it that was breathtaking. Their room was modern but the designers had indulged by adding Tabriz-style silk carpets. 

Can, this is stunning, she said as she looked in the room when he opened the door. Surprising her, he grabbed her bride-style and walked her through the threshold while she giggled.

Gently placing her down, he leaned into her ear and said, I have another surprise for you, bebek. I have arranged for a private room downstairs in their Hammam.

Her heart sped up as she looked into his intense passionate gaze. Her mouth went completely dry as she imagined what was to come.

O-Okay, Can. That actually sounds wonderful, she managed to say.

I'm glad you like the idea. I've actually dreamed about sharing that experience with you for quite awhile, he said huskily, still so close she could feel his breath on her face.

You, you have? she said with a quick inhale.

Come, let's go, he said with his eyes hooded over in passion.

Leading her down to the floor that housed the traditional Turkish bath, she was blown away with the opulence. Marble columns and benches were in the private room as well as steaming buckets of water. The air was humid and heavy but smelled of herbs from the soaps that were common in a Hammam. They were made from pure olive oil, mixed with herbs and aloe vera.

Sanem looked up at Can as he smiled and said, I wanted you to feel relaxed tonight, bebek. We will take our time and do only what you feel comfortable with.

You're so sweet, Can. I think this will be a wonderful experience for us both, she said with a confident smile.

Askim, if you're comfortable, I'd like to be the one to take off your wedding gown, he said softly.

Looking down with a shy smile, I would like nothing more, askim, she answered.

She was nervous but excited to give herself to Can, the only man who would ever see this side of her. The only one she would share this passion with. She wanted to give him this gift of her virtue but also begin to experience the passion that was bubbling up inside her. The same passion that she now saw clearly in his eyes.

She smiled to herself as she felt his hands tremble slightly at her back as he opened each button with care. Before the dress was all but undone, he reached down and handed her the softest towel she had ever felt and he helped her to wrap it around her body securing it in the front. There would be time for more later. Right now, his greatest desire was for her to feel confident and secure.

She turned to face him, getting braver with each moment. She wanted this. She wanted to show him what he made her feel.

With shaking hands, she began to unbutton his vest, then his shirt. The sight of him like this, in this private place, with the fragrance of the room mixing with her perfume, made her heart start to race.

He helped her down to one of the marble benches, laying another towel down so she wasn't laying on a cold slab.

Relax, bebek. I'll finish undressing and come back to you in just a minute, he said as he kissed her gently on the lips.

Sanem and Can spent their first night together as man and wife, exploring each other, whispering words of love and affirmation and allowing themselves all the passion they had been feeling for one another to finally be freed.

Later on, they walked back to their room, hand in hand, lost in each other's gaze. Picking her up bride-style again, he entered and locked the door after placing her on the bed. Kneeling in front of her, he continued to show her what he had promised he would. They made love so many times, they lost count and finally fell asleep at daybreak, nestled in each other's arms, happier than they had ever thought possible.

Waking up late in the morning hours, Sanem looked around, a bit disoriented until her reality caught up with her mind and a long leisurely smile came across her face.

She was married. 

Married to Can and they had just spent their first night together as a man and wife. She looked up at the man sleeping soundly next to her and felt a swell of love come over her. She had found her albatross and he had crossed oceans to get to her and make her his.

Can started to stir and was in awe of the sight before him when his eyes opened. 

Good morning, Mrs. Yaman, he said huskily in that gruff morning voice she had only heard once before. She couldn't wait to hear it every morning for the rest of her life.

Good morning, Mr. Yaman, she said sweetly, kissing his chin.

How did you sleep? If you're hungry I can call up for breakfast? he asked, adjusting himself so she could sit up higher on his chest.

I slept so soundly, I almost didn't know where I was for a moment, she said, chuckling. And yes, breakfast sounds wonderful. Could we have breakfast in bed?

A flash of heat passed over his eyes as he met her gaze. Absolutely, bebek. Anything you want.

Taking her hand, he said, Sanem, last night was..

Incredible, she said, finishing his sentence.

Yes, it was, he said softly. I've never experienced love like that, Sanem. It was beyond physical. It was truly something not of this world. When I said yesterday in my vows that I've loved you for a thousand years, last night proved it. What I felt was as if I have loved you for a thousand lifetimes and had found you again in this one.

Oh, Can. How do you know exactly what to say at the right time? She answered, holding him closer.

I'm so happy you felt that way about last night. I was, well, worried that I wouldn't meet your expectations, she continued, burying her face in his chest, inhaling his clean masculine smell.

Sanem, look at me, he said as he gently pulled her chin up so her eyes met his.

Kissing her nose with a peck, he looked into her eyes with a gaze that made her tremble.

You were beyond my wildest dreams, Sanem. And I can't wait to discover every inch of your body and its secrets, he huskily replied.

Giggling, she whispered, I'm pretty sure you've already done that, canim.

I think you might be right, he said with a sly smile. Now, tell me. What would you like for breakfast? he asked as he reached for the hotel phone.

But his new bride apparently had other plans as she started kissing him from his neck up to his lips while he sat there enjoying her new found courage.

Placing the phone back on its cradle, he grabbed her and said, Breakfast can wait..

___________________

Their first stop on their honeymoon was Venice and it did not disappoint.

I've wanted to bring you here ever since I shot some scenes during Viola, Can said as he led her to his favorite café.

Sanem was enamored with the enchanting city. She didn't know where to look first. Rome was beautiful but Venice held a charm that was so unique.

They took gondola rides and ate at little locally owned restaurants so Sanem could be fully immersed in the Venetian culture.

They went to a glass blowing class where Can showed off his skills. They arranged for lovely gifts from the studio to be shipped home for them and their friends and families.

Tahir had insisted on going out with them but kept at a distance so they could have their privacy. Several times, he was recognized but the fans were respectful and kind.

They spent a whole week in Venice and made plans to return for their first anniversary.

On their last night there, Sanem asked if they were leaving for the Galapagos Islands next. They had agreed that it was a must and after doing much research, they realized they had a real shot at seeing an albatross as it was their mating season soon.

Actually, I have one more stop in Italy before we leave. It was a last minute addition and I think you will love it. We will have to be in disguise because I'm likely to be recognized there but Tahir will help us navigate it all. Are you up for some more surprises? He asked.

Always! Sanem answered.

She was not surprised when they boarded the plane for Rome because of what Can had said but she had no idea what he had in mind.

Tahir helped them traverse the airport and only got stopped a few times for an autograph and selfie.

Can had told Tahir where to go directly from the airport so they relaxed in the backseat as they admired the sites.

Is it hard being back here, askim? I know this must bring back some difficult memories, Sanem asked, looking at him as he held her hand tenderly.

A little...but being back this time with you will erase all of those memories. We will build new ones. Together, he answered.

Smiling up at him, she nodded in agreement.

Getting excited as she saw where Tahir had pulled up to, Sanem said excitedly, Trevi Fountain?! Oh Can, how romantic can you possibly be?

Grinning widely, he knew he had done the right thing.

I thought we needed to throw a coin in together as a thanks to the magical waters as well as a promise of our coming future, he said as he helped her out of the car. He put on his baseball cap and dark sunglasses as he reached into his pocket for some coins.

Handing her one, he kissed her hand.

So, what is your wish, bebek? he asked as he watched her concentrating.

Well, so many of my wishes have already come true but I'll think of something, she said with an impish grin.

What are you going to wish for? she asked in return.

I'm wishing that my dream comes true. The one I had when I was here alone, he answered.

His grin got even bigger as he leaned towards the fountain. As he threw the coin in, mid-air Sanem's eyes grew bigger.

Can, are you wishing for triplets?? she said with a panicked tone.

It was too late. They both watched the coin land in the middle of the fountain and slowly float down.

Me? Wish for that? What makes you think I'd do that? He asked with a mischevious grin.

Can Yaman. You just told me your wish was about your dream! If that wish comes true, you'll have to incur my wrath, she threatened.

Laughing and pulling her closer, he said, I don't think it will happen, bebek. Its just a superstition that the fountain has magic, right?

Looking around and realizing they were in the very spot where she and Frankie had taken pictures, she wondered if it actually did.

I was standing right here, poised to throw in a coin for my Mom, when I saw two women taking selfies. I moved out of the way so I didn't get in their pictures. Nothing can convince that it wasn't you and Frankie, Can said, shaking his head in wonder.

If that's actually true, Can, then it's nothing short of a miracle, she answered.

Like I said, you've been my destiny long before we met, Sanem. Whatever brought us together has my eternal gratitude, he answered, kissing her sweet lips.

As they walked back towards the car, Can turned around to the fountain and mouthed, Thank you!

A few days later, as they landed in Ecuador, Sanem's heart started to race. She was so excited at the thought of seeing the Galapagos Island and possibly an albatross.

They spent the night in a beautiful hotel with the plan to take a private boat to the islands the next morning. There was a sighting the day before and as tired as they were, they didn't want to miss the chance to see it.

Can packed his camera gear and Sanem gathered her notebook. She wanted to document everything they got to experience on the island. She had done the same in Venice as well. Her agent had told her that if she wanted to turn her book into a series, the current publisher would support her going forward.

As they settled on Espanola Island, where the albatross is known to come, they talked about their future when they returned home. 

They planned to stay on the San Cristobel island at a rented house for the last week of their honeymoon and return as often as possible to Espanola. Can was determine for Sanem to see an albatross.

Their first day was not successful in seeing one but their guide told them that he would keep them informed each evening about any sightings. They spent the day listening to the guide talk about the mating habits and Sanem wrote furiously while Can took endless pictures of her and the beautiful island.

They explored the islands by day and each other by night. They were gloriously happy and wished they could stay in this paradise forever. Far away from the crowds and attention. They knew their lives were back in Istanbul but they enjoyed every minute they had together there.

On their last day before having to had back home, they had all but given up when the guide shouted, Look!

Can grabbed his camera as Sanem stood up, her hand shielding her eyes from the sun.

Suddenly she saw what he was pointing at and yelled, Can! Can! It's here!

Taking dozens of photos in quick succession, Can said, Bebek, he came just for you!

Drawing her in to his chest, they watched in awe as the giant seabird glided through the sky effortlessly. Diving down into the water when he saw his next meal, then pulling up again, he was nothing short of majestic.

Look at that wingspan! It must be over 8 feet. Can said in awe.

Their guide answered, Actually, they have been known to get as long as 11 feet. They truly are spectacular.

He's as graceful as a dancer, Sanem said as Can looked at her with a smile.

You're right. He is, he answered.

As they boarded their flight that would take them back to Istanbul, they talked for hours about their experiences on their honeymoon.

I think my favorite part was seeing the alabatross, Sanem said as she snacked on her vegetables and hummus the attendant had just brought them.

What's yours, canim? She asked, looking at him.

Hmmm, the hammam for sure, he said with a devilish grin.

Hearing Tahir snicker, Can shot him a warning look..again.

Caan! You really have to learn to talk lower, Sanem said with her face turning beet red again.

Sorry, bebek. I've been used to us being alone for 2 weeks. I forgot he was nearby. Forgive me? He said with puppy dog eyes.

Grinning at him, she said, I forgive you. But sit closer if you want to say anything private, she said as she moved the divider in their seats.

Watching the mischief in his eyes returning as he scooted closer to her, she whispered, Serseri!

___________________

Sanem and Can settled into their married life easily. As promised, when they returned, Can accepted only brand spokesman projects that kept him near Istanbul while he helped Sanem set up the studio. She had spoken to her dance leaders as soon as she returned and they thought the idea of the dance studio and scholarship program was a wonderful idea. They even promised to help her with the funding of the scholarships. It was going to be a mutually beneficial alliance.

They were able to agree on Sanem performing with the group once or twice a month which would give her the ability to make her studio schedule more flexible. She and Frankie met several times to discuss the classes they wanted to teach, how many students they could have room for and what the schedule would look like. It took them several weeks to work out all the details but in the end, they were very pleased with what they came up with. Baris even came by several times to help them figure it all out.

On the grand opening day, Kiraz and Defne were there to share in the celebration. Can watched as Sanem showed Kiraz around the studio and talked to her about which classes she wanted to attend. He loved watching her with children and knew she was going to be an amazing mother one day.

As that first week of opening went on, Can would sneak in to watch Sanem as she taught the classes. She was the picture of grace and poise coupled with fun and spontaneity. The children loved her. And she was blossoming in a way he hadn't seen before. He knew he had done the right thing in encouraging her to open the studio. 

Seeing him in the back of the room, she blew him kisses as she watched the children go through their steps.

It was a lot of work but Sanem and Frankie loved every minute of it. Over the next few months, they saw the children begin to exceed their expectations. They loved that they could come to dance right in the mahalle but still dream of what could be in their future.

Sanem, I absolutely love doing this with you, Frankie said at the end of a long day. This is more rewarding then I even imagined.

It is, abla. I wasn't prepared for the feeling of fulfillment this has brought to me, Sanem said.

Listen, I'll lock up, Sanem. You seem more tired than usual tonight, Frankie said.

Aw thanks, Frankie. I am pretty beat, she said as she walked to get her things. She was feeling a bit out of sorts lately. She was more tired than usual even though she was getting a lot of sleep.

I'm home! she yelled as she walked into the house. Oh my goodness, what is the smell? she said with a wrinkled up face.

Can turned, surprised at how she reacted to his seafood pasta, one of her favorites.

Bebek, I was fixing your favorite. What's wrong? he said facing her.

Holding her hand to her mouth, she started running with Can right behind her asking what was wrong, his face etched in worry.

After emptying her stomach of everything she had eaten that day, Sanem sat on the floor feeling exhausted, as Can held her hair back.

Grabbing a cold cloth, he wiped her face gently begging her to tell him what was wrong.

I don't know, Can. That smell as I came in just hit me and my stomach turned sour. I'm sorry. I know you worked hard on the pasta, she said as her pale face started to get back some of its color.

Sanem, we're going to see the doctor right now, he said as he got up to grab his keys and turn off the burners.

She knew it would be futile to stop him and she was a little concerned herself about how she had been feeling.

It's probably just a stomach bug, she said to Can when he came back to help her up. I'm fine, Can. Really. 

But as she suspected, it was to no avail.

Walking into the medical clinic, they brought Sanem back pretty quickly. They saw the doctor who took several tests and then left them in a room while they waited for the doctor to return.

Can was pacing when he was standing or shaking his leg if he listened to Sanem and actually took a seat next to her. Either way, he was in constant motion.

Finally the doctor came back in with news neither of them were prepared for.

Well, Mr. and Mrs. Yaman, I have what I hope is happy news for you, he said with a smile.

You're pregnant! he declared.

Looking back and forth at each other, they were stunned at first but then Can's face broke out in the biggest smile, followed by Sanem reacting the same way.

A baby, Can, she said.

A baby, askim, he answered.

Well...not exactly...a baby, the doctor said cautiously.

What? Can and Sanem said simultaneously.

You're, ah, you're actually having triplets, he said quietly, not knowing what their response was going to be.

TRIPLETS!! Sanem yelled incredulously.

Then turning her wrath on her poor unsuspecting husband, she pointed at him and yelled, This is all YOUR fault!

Well, wait Mrs. Yaman. I mean...it took the two of you...the doctor tried to say but was cut off.

I'm not talking about that! she shot back, making him cower. 

Looking to Can for help, he found he would get none. Can's look was clear. You're on your own.

 I'm talking to him. Him and his coin. That wish in those magical waters! she continued spouting and she turned back to Can.

Magical waters?? the doctor asked, completely confused. 

Can gave him another look that translated. Run..save yourself..and he did just that.

Can, triplets?? I can't do this. I can't do this, she kept repeating.

Askim, we're in this together, remember? he begged.

Yes, I know! That's how we got ourselves in this situation! she spouted back.

Trying not to chuckle, he held her and kissed her on the forehead.

Sanem, listen to me. Our love is so, so strong, it was inevitable that it would manifest into something as beautiful as having all three of our children at once. We've dreamed of a family. Sunday dinners, picnics in the park. Remember what we talked about in the Galapagos? We dreamed of dance recitals and photography lessons. We are surrounded by a huge group of people who love us and will love our three children. They will be there for us every step of the way, Can said as he held his wife and smoothed her hair, caressing her lovingly.

Sanem took a deep breath in, looked up at her husband and smiled weakly.

Triplets, Can, she whimpered.

We will all take care of you as you take care of our babies, bebek. And when Deniz, Yildaz and Ates arrive, we will all be right there with you. I will be by your side, Sanem. I will never let you feel like you're doing this on your own. I will love and care for our three children with everything in my heart as I will love and care for you, he said lovingly.

I love that we chose those names, Can, while we were on our honeymoon. But I didn't expect to have all 3 at one time! she said with a whine.

So, will you love me when I'm as big as a house? she asked sheepishly.

Even then, he answered.

Will you love me when I can't reach my feet? she continued.

Even then, askim, he answered.

Sighing heavily, she took him by the hand and said, Ok, Can. But just remember when I'm all crazy with hormones that you promised me all of this.

Hmmm...well I read somewhere that pregnancy hormones make you very...he started to say with a wicked smile.

Slapping him, she said, Serseri!!

Sanem worked at the studio until she couldn't stand comfortably anymore and she had to cancel all the future performances with the dance group. Her whole life at that point, a month away from the planned delivery, was getting lots of rest, and keeping up with her increased appetite.

About 2 weeks before her due date, Sanem was standing in the kitchen when she felt pain.

Can! Can, I think we need to go to the hospital, she said, trying to keep calm. She knew that if she didn't stay calm, Can would lose it.

Sanem! Sanem what's wrong?? he said as he ran into the room breathless.

I think it's contractions. Please don't worry. Let's just go and let them look at me, she answered.

Can frantically followed Sanem as she was wheeled into the ER. Only after he was convinced that she was ok and being looked after, did he call everyone. Not long after that, the waiting room was filled with their family and friends.

The nurses enjoyed watching their favorite TV star, run around like a maniac in the waiting room. He is even more adorable in person, they said to one another. She's a lucky girl, one of them said, as she watched him with a dreamy look in her eyes.

Not tonight, she's not. I wouldn't want to be her, the other one said.

The nurse in the delivery room came for Can, telling him to hurry and change into the scrubs they had provided. She told him that Sanem kept babbling about magical waters and Trevi Fountain as she brought him in to where Sanem was.

The doctor said, We're having to move up our plans, Mr. Yaman. It's not safe for the babies to be born natural but that's exactly what they're trying to do. We're going to give her an epidural and go ahead with our plans for a Caesaren section. You're free to stay here with her. She's insisted on it. But stay out of the way. This is going to be fast and furious.

Is she in any danger? Can said nervously, his heart beating out of his chest. The thought of losing Sanem was enough to make him faint. But she needed him and he would have to be brave for her sake.

There's always a chance. A multiple birth always comes with a risk but I am confident that she's going to alright. She's a very strong woman, he said as he walked away to prepare for the surgery.

Shooting up a silent prayer, Can rushed to her side and spoke softly to her. Sanem, I'm here. I'm here.

Oh Can, they've explained everything to me. I'm scared. Please don't let anything happen to our babies. I love them so much. Please Can, she begged.

Scared out of his mind, he whispered, Shhh, bebek. Let's not talk like that. They're going to be fine and so are you. As soon as this is over, you're going to be able to hold our babies in your arms. We're going to love them more than is humanly possible. We are going to fill our lives with adventure, love, music, books, joy. All of it. All of it with you, me, Ates, Yildaz, and Deniz. We will have a lifetime of love together.

Calming down, she thought of her children. She knew she would have to be brave tonight if she was going to bring them safely home.

It was a very long night, with some touch and go moments that had Can begging God to protect his family but in the end, Sanem was the strong woman he knew she was. Their three children came into the world screaming and hungry but safe and perfectly healthy. The staff had kept the families updated regularly and they all breathed a sigh of relief when they were told the babies were born.

Hours later, after she had rested, Can and the nurses brought the three babies in to Sanem. The second she laid eyes on them, she started to cry. 

Oh, Can. They're perfect, she whispered as she touched their tiny heads, one at a time and kissed them.

Of course they are. They have the most wonderful and bravest mother in the world, he said as he gently kissed her head.

___________________

That night was the beginning of their journey as parents, one that they embraced wholly and with grace. As promised, their home was filled with the love of family and lots of "aunts and uncles", music, books, joy, adventures and as they got older, nightly dance parties.

Sanem was the consummate mother. She took to motherhood as naturally as Can knew she would. She was a wonder to behold as she nurtured their children. And Can was the most attentive and loving father that Sanem had ever witnessed. His boundless energy matched their rambunctious crew.

Laying out on their outdoor bed that Can had built, he smiled as he had a powerful deja vu moment. Watching the white curtains billow in the wind, he looked to see the beauty lying beside him. The children were 5 years old and had developed their own strong personalities.

Denis, like her name, loved the sea. She was their water baby and had learned how to swim from age 3, long before her siblings. She dreamed of owning an aquarium when she grew up, something that didn't come as a surprise to her parents. She was always ready for an adventure.

Ates, was their fiery one, just as his name suggested. He was the protector of his siblings, in every way. No one touched his bother or sister if he was around. He learned to speak almost 6 months before his siblings and said he wanted to be a writer just like his anne. 

 And Yildaz was their quiet philosopher. Her name meant "star" and Can would always say it suit her so well because she shone like one whenever she talked about helping people. She was able to see the best in people and always spoke the truth. She felt deeply like her baba and they knew one day she, like her siblings would do incredible things.

Can and Sanem loved that they had found a way to balance their careers and their family but their children were always the priority. For awhile they continued to work but only one at a time so one of them was always home with the children.

They made the decision when the children turned 6 that Sanem would no longer work with the dance group as it became harder and harder to be away from her family. She divided her time between the studio and home, something that she loved being able to do. She continued to work closely with Kiraz, who had become just like a part of their family. She even helped with some of the classes that the children attended.

Hundreds of children came through her and Can's program at the studio over the years. Not all of them went on to be professional dancers but they always came back to thank her for believing in them. Their time with Sanem gave them the confidence they needed to pursue their dreams.

Can continued to work in Turkey but had a rule of never being away from home for more than 3 days, something that he worked into every contract that he signed. 

Most days their family of 5 could be found at home, playing, chasing each other, having picnics and having long talks about their children's dreams.

Sanem went on to write a series of children's books about her three loves and the albatross as they continued to go on adventures.

When the children turned 10, Can and Sanem made the decision to take the family on a 6 month trip around the world. They believed that the lessons they would learn from seeing and experiencing other cultures would be just as beneficial as traditional school. They took turns continuing their education in the basics as well, much to the dismay of Denis who only wanted to continue her education in everything sea related.

It was an incredibly full life and there were days when one of them felt overwhelmed but they always found a way to walk together through those challenging times.

They had made so many of their dreams come true and knew how incredibly blessed they were to have not only found each other but found a way to make a life where they both felt cherished and fulfilled.

______________

10 years later..

As Can and the children sat in the front row to watch the performance up close, they talked amongst themselves with excitement.

Baba, do you think she's nervous, Yildaz asked.

I'm sure she is but anne is with her so she's going to be alright, he answered, looking at her with love. Her heart was so pure and always thought of others.

Suddenly the music started and they all sat up and watched with rapt attention as the curtain began to open.

Sanem hugged her one more time as she whispered in her ear.

Tonight, canim, your dreams will start to come true. You are a beautiful dancer, a beautiful soul and I'm so very proud of you.

Smiling and taking one last deep breath, Kiraz took her mark on stage just as the curtain was completely opened.

Seeing her mom next Mr. Yaman and the kids, she winked and smiled.

Sanem hurried over to the front seat, as Can helped her in the now darkened theatre.

Watching with tears in her eyes as Kiraz danced, then looking over at her three beautiful children and the handsome man sitting next to her, Sanem knew that her life was blessed beyond measure.

Seeing her expression, Can looked over and whispered, What are you thinking about, bebek?

I'm thinking that all of my dreams have come true, she whispered back, running her fingers through his beard as she looked into his beautiful eyes.

Taking her hand and kissing her palm with his eyes fixed on hers, he answered, You, Sanem, you are my dream come true..

---------------

Author's Note:

First, I have to say that you, dear readers and fellow EK fans, are absolutely amazing! You know how to make a girl feel valued and loved. Truly! Thank you for all the kind and warm comments and especially the funny ones! I laughed so much at you all while writing this story.

My love for EK goes beyond reason at times but it's great to be in such good company! You get me 😂 And getting to create and write these stories makes me feel connected in a way I never thought possible. It brings me so much joy.

So, I hope you enjoyed this version of their love story. It's still my dream to meet and fall in love with Can in person one day but until then, I'll have this story to keep me going.

I've got an idea but it's a big departure from the EK story and I need to figure out how to make it work. If I actually accomplish that, I think it will be a story worthy of you fellow fans. Or at least I hope so 😜

It will take some time but when I'm ready, I'll add an epilogue here with a sneak peak 😘

As always, remember to vote, comment and follow me to keep in the know. Much love and many blessings to all. 

May all your dreams come true ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.9K 1.9K 58
Sanem is a young girl who lost her parents in a car accident. Sanem and Leyla Sanem's sister, lived with their aunt and uncle for a couple of years b...
108K 4.7K 15
Following a terrible accident, Can Divit loses his memory. He wakes up and there is a stranger beside his bed, Sanem, her eyes full of love and hope...
30.8K 2.2K 31
A romance novel that explores the unexpected connection between two individuals. When Can accidentally hits Sanem, their initial encounter is filled...
131K 7.3K 47
This is a different type of Erkenci Kus story. The characters are familiar, but their interaction has changed from the series, and quirky funny thin...