𝔐𝔢 π”‰π”žπ”¦π”― π”π”žπ”‘π”Ά (β„œπ”’π”Ά...

By R0YAL_QUEEN

Ongoing (created 2019 Dec 31st) Almost finished πŸŽ‰ --------------------- Rey, a common girl was raised by a C... More

Chapter One: Raised by a Royal Court
Chapter Two: Celebration Dance
Chapter Three: Fate's Cruelty
Chapter Four: Breakfast Bother and ill Talk
Chapter Five: Tells of the Past
Chapter Six: Before All Else Wakes
Chapter Seven: In the Meadows
Chapter Eight: Thee Unexpected
Chapter Nine: Staying Close
Chapter Ten: Thoughts Unforseen
Chapter Eleven: Dreams on Pages
Chapter Tweleve: Benevolence
Chapter Thirteen: Swift as an Arrow
Chapter Fourteen: A Loosened Grip
Chapter Fifteen: Early Snowfall
Chapter Sixteen: Part of a Distance
Chapter Seventeen: Thicker Than Blood
Chapter Eighteen: Pain's Past
Chapter Nineteen: Turning Twenty
Chapter Twenty: To Keep You Safe
Chapter Twenty-One: Iced Over
Chapter Twenty-Two: Proposal
Chapter Twenty-Three: Marriage
Chapter Twenty-Four: Fighting Beside You
Chapter Twenty-Five: Far from Blood
Chapter Twenty-Six: Becoming a Queen
Chapter Twenty-Seven: One Last Stand

Chapter Twenty-Eight: Liberation

14 0 0
By R0YAL_QUEEN

"It is said that freedom comes with a price,
And rather than something of choice to give for that freedom...it had to be a sacrifice...
Not an offering.
What would one sacrifice?
A precious memory?
Their very soul?
Or who they cherished most?
Maybe even themselves?
What would one risk to have such freedom?
To not be shackled any longer."

Ben's POV

The way Rey had been looking at me.

Longing in her eyes.

The shock of disbelief drowning in her eyes.

In such disbelief...such heartache.

I regretted ever word I spoke, but if it meant Rey's safety...I'd gladly lie as much as I needed to.

Yes, I was the strongest amongst her grandfather's ranks...but being that I betrayed him...fell in love with his granddaughter...

Knowing who she truly was...and not telling her is what I regretted most.

Holding back truths that should have been spoken many moons ago.

I was now stripped of my rank, of my status.

I was just a man losing his wife now.

My wife who'd belong to another.

Something sparked in me but before I could do anything Lionel kicked me in the stomach.

"Resist no further traitor."

"Do what you want." I spat out blood as I was on my knees.

The next moment, Lionel had dropped a sword at my side.

"You will fight to the death. Now pick up the sword."

I didn't pick it up as he kicked my face with his metal boot.

"I said pick it up!"

I obeyed as I took the blade in my hand.

"Now stand up."

I stood with great struggle as a staggered a bit.

And before Lionel could strike, the spark from just a few moments ago was back.

And without thought I took my sword and throw it at him.

He dodged as I grabbed his dagger, piecing him in the throat.

Once I let go the other guards were all over me as I killed every last one of them.

The monster I was had returned.

I hated the idea of it...but I couldn't bring myself to lose Rey.

I quickly grabbed what I could before making it back (after making twists and some wrong turns through the castle) to finally reach the throne room where Rey had been.

When I barged through the pair of haunting doors that were just beyond me, keeping me from Rey...I about torn them down from the unfathomable amount of adrenaline rushing through my blood.

Just at the sight of her being roughly handed and thrown on the floor by her new soon to be husband brought my blood to a raving fire.

"Run, they mean to kill you Ben!" I had figured that out even before her warning, but it was still nice to know that even though I was hurting her now...that she still cared for me like no other.

As if I she ever saw was me in the first place, ignoring the fact that I was absolutely drenched in warm blood.

But as if a fair maiden to a dragon...she was a fairy tail maiden to me.

So sweet, so kind, so brave...so...

Beautiful.

Delicate.

Strong.

How could I not love her.

After all, she was all I had...we were all we had. And for her grandfather who was the one attempting to rip us apart...I knew deep down both Rey and I would never truly allow such a thing as never seeing each other happen.

"Shut her up!" That man that was to be her husband shouted venomously as he himself grabbed her by her hair.

His grip of her was so firm that if he could he'd probably would have pulled her hair off if he'd pull any harder.

"Ben...please." Tears formed in her eyes as I noticed blood spilling from her lip possibly from the impact of being pushed down, possibly biting her lip in the process.

"Let go of her!" I spoke with a booming voice as the man coward not.

But I was to show him fear.

I lunged at him as I missed.

He shoved Rey on me as he made a run for his weapon.

I sat Rey gently aside.

"When this is all over. I'll explain everything to you. No more hiding."

"No more secrets."

"No more secrets."  Just as I spoke to her and lifted her hair away from her face, her fake fiancé grazed my cheek with his sword.

I with swift and brutal speed knocked him from his stance and banged his head with the back of my sword, causing him to go unconscious.

When I turned to see where Rey's grandfather was, he was nowhere to be found.

"Do you know where your grandfather went Rey?"

I turned to look for Rey as I couldn't find her.

"Rey?" I spoke once more as she appeared suddenly with a dagger at her throat.

"Sorry, I was-"

"Shut your mouth my dear. If I want you obeying me, this man needs to disappear. And by that I mean he needs to end his own life. I will not end my bloodline just yet." Her grandfather spat as he was now drawing blood on Rey's neck as she winced in pain but kept looking firmly at me.

"Don't listen to him-agh!"

"I said shut your mouth." He lifted the dagger higher as he cut the side of her face.

"I may not kill you, but I can still disfigure you young lady."

Fear crossed her eyes as her own blood dripped on the very necklace I had gifted her.

Her necklace...it was glowing.

As the light grew brighter I took the chance to attack as her grandfather was blinded by the light.

I took no hesitation as I ended his life immediately.

Just then Rey stumbled to the floor with her grandfather's blood on not only her but me as well.

Before we could even speak to one another there were explosions going off.

It was as though the castle was under attack, maybe if we were lucky enough by our own kind...specifically Rey's home she grew up under.

But just in case it wasn't, I escaped to the outside grounds just barely making it out alive with Rey by my side.

And then she spoke.

"We did say for better or for worse."

"Yes, we did."

"And I plan to stick with those vows no matter what happens."

"Me too." I spoke as not even a whisper before stumbling in snow.

"Ben!"

Her words were muffled, seeming so far away with my vision going dark.

I really did pray and hope that this wasn't the end of my rope.

That I'd be able to at least see her...my wife..one last time.

To see her safe...to see her smile.

To know that she wasn't hurt.

To tell her I truly did, with all I had, love her with every fiber of my being.

And that having a future with her, no matter rich or poor...was all I ever wanted...was all I needed...

I wanted to build a family with her.

I just hoped I'd live to see that day instead of wishing until my dying breath about it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 3.1K 39
A girl searching for her place in the galaxy. A boy fighting to take control of his destiny. And the bond that runs deeper than either of them could'...
4.5K 246 21
Rey, an abandoned nobody, fought side by side with the powerful Kylo Ren. She saw a future in him, a redemption of Ben Solo. She believed it, and a p...
7.5K 287 58
I did everything I was supposed to do. I trained hard; I learned strategy; I kept my secrets buried deep. But there had been nothing in my training t...
51.7K 1.8K 94
"When I offer you my hand again, you'll take it." What if Kylo Ren had been right? What if Rey had taken Kylo Ren's hand when he offered it the seco...