No Love Desired [Taekook]

By liviplay33

Is it wrong to not desire love? I posed this question to my heart and him, but it appears they are solely foc... More

Information
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 4

8 4 0
By liviplay33

As a fragment of the memory from my first conversation with Jungkook has been added, now, let's shift our focus to the bedroom setting where the conversation with my mother unfolded.

Though the puppy's voice was barely audible, it somehow managed to reach my mother's ears. She raised her straight eyebrow, signaling for my explanation. I continued the remaining part of my narration, but this time, not in a storytelling manner like before; instead, I rushed little through it.

"After hearing the sweet sound emanating from the white box, I couldn't resist opening it. To my delight, I discovered this little puppy," I said, pointing to the dog in my hand, picked up while narrating the previous sentence.

"The little puppy seemed to read my mind and helped me back to my bed. As I was concerned about my jacket getting wet in the rain, the thoughtful pup assisted me without a cue," I added with a grateful yet amazed tone in my voice.

"Since he helped through my misfortune, I gave my words to him that I will protect him, share my favorite food, my bed, will always keep his secret with myself, and never leave him lonely like those who left him." It was not just a part of my narration; I pledged with sincerity and warmth in my voice, sealing the bond with my newfound companion.

My mother has always been sharp. Right from the start, she knew that if I brought up a story like this, it was likely a cover-up for another mistake I might have made. Yet, she still listened patiently; because she always enjoyed hearing the imaginative tales I spun to veil my errors. If the story pleased her, the scolding level would be reduced; if not, I would face the original, unlimited scolding along with a possible round of beating. This was my only escape route from the scolding phase.

"Is that the reason you brought the dog to our house, and now you want to raise this little one?" The tone of her voice and the sentence she uttered made me think she might reject the adorable puppy. Last night, I vowed to myself that if she didn't agree to let me raise the puppy, I'd survive solely on junk food.

Unexpectedly, what I had anticipated didn't leave her mouth; instead, she said something I hadn't imagined the night before. "No problem with me; you can raise him," adding a condition, "But you have to look after him with much care." Upon hearing this, my small form went into utter shock; there was not the slightest movement from my body for nearly a minute.

Years later, I finally learned the story behind how Kim Yeontan, my cherished first dog, effortlessly found his way into our family, without the usual relentless begging on my part - a common sight when it came to acquiring the latest toys. Unbeknownst to me, my persistent hints and requests for a dog hadn't fallen on deaf ears. In the months leading up to that special day, my family had quietly been considering gifting me a little dog for my birthday.

The clever twist came when, unaware of their plan, I picked up a free dog for myself. Later, I discovered that my spontaneous choice not only fulfilled my long-standing wish but also significantly reduced the financial burden on my family. The cost they had initially set aside to purchase a dog was effortlessly moved out of our monthly expenditure plan, making the addition of my first best friend, Yeontan, not just a heartwarming gift but also a financially savvy decision orchestrated behind the scenes.

This is the story of how my beloved first best friend, silently entered our family. Following the principle of 'first comes first served,' Yeontan swiftly won my heart and became my initial and cherished companion. The second, and ultimately the last until my final breath, was Jungkook.

However, a peculiar dynamic unfolded between them. At times, I observed them creating scenes, seemingly vying for my attention to determine who held a more significant place in my heart. Jungkook being the second-best friend, occasionally felt bothered, while Yeontan felt neglected when I spent time with Jungkook. Despite their efforts, the answer they sought was one they never received.

In truth, my primary concern was my mental health, and I valued both of them deeply. Their attempts to force a choice or create a scenario of favoritism always ended up with me scolding them. I emphasized that I wanted both Yeontan and Jungkook in my life, and their attempts to make me choose one over the other only created unnecessary pressure. My priority was maintaining a balance and ensuring the well-being of my relationships with both of them.

Returning to the moment when mom accepted my little one into our family, to confirm that I hadn't misheard, I asked her repeatedly. It was important for me to be certain, so I inquired again and again. "Did you really say it's okay for adorable puppy to grow along with us?"

End of several inquiries, and with a reassuring gesture, she affirmed, "In my clear mind, I am saying, baby, you can have him. Since he has become one of our family, let's celebrate and give him a welcome party tonight." The noteworthy declaration marked the official inclusion of Yeontan into our family,, and we decided to celebrate with a special gathering that same night.

"Okay," I replied to her with a bright smile. Returning a warm and reassured smile, she gently took the puppy out of the box, and cradling it on her lap. As her fingers traced the furry softness, her expression shifted from curiosity to concern when she noticed the left leg of the dog was carefully wrapped in bandages.

"Baby, I need to know the actual version of what happened," she asked, her eyes now conveying a mix of worry and sternness, an expression I was anticipating would appear on her face when she discovered the puppy beneath the bed. The room held a moment of suspense as I prepared to recount the tale, my own smile now tinged with a hint of nervousness. The air was charged with a curious blend of warmth, concern, and the expectation of an unfolding story.

As she asked for the real story, it was served to her on a plate. "My first encounter with the dog happened under the shade of one of the old trees in my shortcut path, where I spotted Jungkook, a boy of my same age, struggling with the injured puppy. Judging from his expression, it was clear he needed help. Without hesitation, I voluntarily extended my hand and brought him the necessary things to treat the wounded dog.

Jungkook later confided in me, revealing that if he took the dog home, his parents would cruelly beat him. Fearing for the well-being of both him and the puppy, I felt a deep sense of responsibility and made a promise. In an effort to ease his worried heart, I vowed to protect the dog with all my might. And so, that's how I brought the little one back to our house-a commitment that extended to the very end of the world. This decision was not just a spontaneous choice; it was born out of empathy, compassion, and a steadfast commitment to safeguarding a newfound friend."

I understand that what I shared earlier wasn't the actual account of what happened. At that tender age, I felt embarrassed to disclose the exact events. My younger self believed that stitching a wound was a simple and widely known skill, especially for someone of my age at that time. Moreover, I was even scared to touch a bleeding wound.

In contrast, Jungkook, despite his fear of being observed, demonstrated a kind and compassionate nature. He skillfully stitched the wound to save a little one's life, showcasing a level of courage and care that I lacked in that moment. In hindsight, I felt like I missed an important lesson to learn of that age. The fear of being looked down upon by my mother prevented me from openly discussing my lack of knowledge about wound care.

"Did this actually happen?" Her suspicious tone echoed through the room as her sharp mind refused to accept the fabricated story I had conjured. My younger self, unable to make proper eye contact, faltered in front of her scrutinizing gaze. It was clear that my attempt to create a make-believe tale had failed, and she wasn't convinced by my story.

"Since you won't tell me what really happened, I'm not going to take the puppy to the pet clinic as I initially planned," she said with a disappointed sigh.

Understanding the importance of proper medical treatment for the injury, I finally gave in. "Mom, I'll spill the beans..." Despite feeling embarrassed, I proceeded to recount the actual events because, you know, I couldn't let my little furry friend down when it came to getting the right care.

Hearing my revelation, my mom responded, "Tae, that boy may seem cold on the outside, but he truly has a kind heart. Since he doesn't have any friends to talk to and express himself, he might not know how to share his feelings. Baby, why don't you make him your friend and teach him how to express himself? I can see he will become one good friend of yours."

My mother's words hit my child form hard, unraveling the puzzled thoughts I had kept hidden for so long. I was torn between choosing a single friend or having a group of friends. In response, she uttered three sentences that shattered all my confusions into small pieces, reducing them to ashes.

"Having a group of friends is fun, but having one trusted friend is entity."

"So choose wisely, my kid."

"Friends are the family you get to choose for yourself."

....

Author words,

Above three quotes convey valuable lessons about friendship:

1. "Having a group of friends is fun, but having one trusted friend is essential." - Emphasizes the importance of quality over quantity in friendships. It suggests that having a few close, reliable friends can be more meaningful than a large group.

2. "So choose wisely, my kid." - Encourages thoughtful consideration in selecting friends, implying that making discerning choices in friendships is crucial for a fulfilling and supportive social circle.

3. "Friends are the family you get to choose for yourself." - Highlights the profound connection and significance of chosen friendships, suggesting that true friends can become like family, offering love, support, and companionship.

"Build a circle of friends for fun, but remember, the essence lies in having that one trusted friend. Choose wisely, my kid, for friends are the family you get to choose for yourself."
..
Kindly need of support:!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

456K 26.7K 103
"Don't call me prince, I'm not a prince. I'm just a CEO who loves art." Jeongguk said. "But if you want to give me respect that badly, then call me M...
327K 24K 73
"You should be careful, love. If I can find out about you, so can they." "I'm sorry, but I don't take advices from c*** s****." "Why don't you come s...
53.9K 2.8K 30
"You are my pearl, I'll protect you like a shell !" ___________❄️___________ A story were an omega belonging to a poor family gets married to an alph...
1.5M 59.9K 55
Jungkook and Taehyung are mates and Jimin and Taehyung are best friends. But there's only one problem. Jungkook doesn't know that his mate is Taehyun...