Wicked in Love

By isabelleronin

In a sick way, I prefer nightmares. I hate good dreams because I know when I wake up, she won't be there. Bo... More

order of books
prologue
Chapter 1 - Should I
Chapter 2 - forget
Chapter 3 - that my heart
Chapter 4 - is yours
Chapter 5 - and yours
chapter 6 - was once mine
Chapter 7 - I am
Chapter 8 - a liar
Chapter 9 - and you are
Chapter 10 - my biggest lie
Chapter 11 - because
Chapter 11.1 - in
Chapter 12 - my
Chapter 13 - dreams
Chapter 14 - you
Chapter 15 - are
Chapter 16 - still
Chapter 17 - mine
Chapter 18 - I will
Chapter 19 - give
Chapter 20 - to
Chapter 21 - you
Chapter 22 - without
Chapter 23 - asking
Chapter 24 - anything
Chapter 25 - in return
Chapter 26 - but you are
Chapter 27 - the one
Chapter 28 - who gave me
Chapter 29 - everything and more
Chapter 30 - And you said
Chapter 32 - I have
Chapter 33 - always been
Chapter 34 - yours
Chapter 35 - as you have
Wicked in Love

Chapter 31 - my love

18.5K 1K 202
By isabelleronin

Kara

It was rare for me to remember exactly what happened the day before as soon as I wake up, even rarer that a grin was already plastered on my face even before I opened my eyes. But that was exactly happening right now.

Cameron and I are back together.

It felt like Christmas morning and my birthday combined. The smile didn't disappear when I didn't find Cameron on the bed beside me. I knew that most of the time his internal clock wouldn't let him sleep in, exhausted or not. A quick survey of my surroundings told me that he had already stepped outside.

The tall glass walls of Cameron's A-framed cabin displayed the beauty of the forest. The storm had passed. The sun was high in the sky, blasting its glory through the glass walls and spilling sunshine inside the cabin. It must be afternoon already.

Barefoot I followed my nose to the kitchen, desperate for a hit of caffeine. Cameron had already brewed coffee.

The smile on my face widened as I opened a cupboard, spotted the numerous mugs there. I reached for the mug he got for me. It had a picture of a grinning koala and one I always use when I went to his cabin. It was chipped after a round in the dishwasher.

I remembered he'd wanted to throw it out but wouldn't because it was my favourite. He didn't like me drinking from a chipped mug, so he kept buying me new ones after that, hoping that I'd find a new favourite and throw this one out, but none of them surpassed it. Hence, the cupboards filled to bursting with coffee mugs.

We'd have to donate some of these, I thought, not for the first time, as I took the first sip of coffee, closed my eyes and sighed. A lot of them were unused, but I couldn't seem to part with any of them. They were all gifts from Cameron after all.

"I'm back," I told the space, basking in the warm familiarity of everything.

Like Cameron's house in the city, his cabin looked the same. I knew even before I stepped into the bathroom that I'd see my things there, same place where they were before I left them. And they were.

I placed my mug on the bathroom counter, reached for the hairbrush and fixed my hair. It was still a mess, but that was okay, because I knew when I take a shower later, my favourite shampoo and conditioner were there too. I pulled open the shower glass door, took a peek. They were there.

Grinning now, I grabbed my mug, stepped out of the bathroom, and topped it off with more coffee. The fire blazed in the fireplace, and it was warm inside the cabin. Outside it looked sunny, but just in case it was chilly, I opened his closet and found my clothes hanging exactly where I left them. I put on Cameron's sweater, my long skirt and rubber boots that were still stored under the bench by his front door. I walked out on the porch and stalled.

There was a swing on the porch that wasn't there before.

I didn't see it last night because of the storm. It was wet and leaves and brambles were on top of it, most likely blown there by the storm, but I knew Cameron had installed it for me.

I could see us sitting there in the mornings, drinking coffee. At night after dinner, looking at the many, many stars in the night sky. I could picture it so clearly my chest hurt. Ridiculously touched, I walked to the back of the cabin, looking for him.

Where is he?

He was probably in the big house or in the maze. He was always fixing something. It had been so long since I'd been there. I missed it.

In the sun, everything look like a green wonderland. Soon fall would come and turn the leaves into different colours. Nights would get colder, but for now I was going to enjoy the warm weather.

The beginning of the maze started behind the mansion, snaking to the side of the property, circling around and ending behind Cameron's cabin. It was long and enormous. Nature had taken over the last half of it, and the shape of the maze in those parts was barely visible over the tops of the trees.

Damp grass squelched under my boots as I strolled toward the maze. And there, just before the entrance, nestled in the big old oak tree, was a tree house.

My breath hitched, and I stepped back. That night we had set up the Christmas tree at my childhood home with Cameron, Dylan had shown him our family album where he'd seen a picture of my old tree house.

Cameron had built the same tree house for me. It had circular windows with shutters and a slanted roof, exactly like my childhood one.  A tear fell out, trickling down my cheek.

He must have built this after we'd broken up. But why? Why would he build it for me when we weren't together?

I love you.

"Kara."

Cameron stood at the entrance. I could tell he'd been working. There were leaves in his dark hair, dirt on his jeans. Sweat glistened on his neck and his black shirt was wet.

My throat felt tight. It was overwhelming how much I loved him, and ridiculous how strong and intense my attraction was to him. I had lost count how many times we had each other last night, but even then, I still wanted more of him.

What do you do with someone who's obsessed with you and you're obsessed with him back? It's a feeling I never wanted to lose. But more than the thrill and the butterflies, it was the sense of belongingness that made my heart leap every time. That this person knows me like no one else does. And loves me—flaws and all.

"You made this for me," I choked out.

He must've read the question in my eyes because he said in a rough voice, "I didn't know if you'd ever see it, but if by some miracle, you'd come back to me—"

He didn't finish his sentence as I lunged toward him. He was there instantly, catching me in his strong arms, our mouths and hands desperate to get to each other.

I heard his low grunt as I pushed him against the tree, our mouths never leaving each other, his hands pressing me against him. I needed him inside me now.

With frantic hands, we both tried to yank open the button of his jeans, laughing and amused at ourselves, and breaths hitching as he finally pulled his zipper down and released himself. He was rock hard and pushed against my stomach.

He hitched my skirt up, bunching it around my hips as he hooked his arms around my thighs and lifted me up, turned me around so that our positions changed and my back was against the tree. His hand pillowed the back of my head to protect me.

"Kara, look at me."

I did.

Then he hammered himself into me.  

I cried out, my teeth sinking into his shoulder, my nails digging into his back as he held me up and fucked into me, faster, harder, and deeper. My breaths became choppy as I clutched him to me, his hair, his neck, his shoulders, taking his pumping hips, glorying in his wild need for me. He lowered his head and rubbed his face all over my breasts, murmuring my name, biting my nipple over my shirt. And when he did, I threw my head back and screamed. His mouth covered mine, swallowing my cries, as he followed me into madness.

After we laid on the grass, watching the clouds in the sky, basking under the sun. With my head on his stomach, I used him as a pillow. His fingers caressed my hair, and I closed my eyes, savouring his attention on me.

I knew it wasn't usual for Cameron to take time to relax. He was always working, always repairing or building something. So, when it happened, I savoured every minute of it.

"Let's get you something to eat," he said.

"Nah. I'm pretty full after that."

He let out a small laugh. "Yeah?"

I turned around, propping my elbows on his hard stomach, as I looked at him. "Oh, did you mean food? Maybe later. I'm not hungry yet."

He looked at me for a long moment. Then, "Tell me I'm not drunk right now. That I'm not just imagining you're here. I'm not dreaming."

His words twisted something inside my chest because I had a strong suspicion that he really meant them.

"You're not. I'm here, Cam. I'm not a dream." Deciding to shake off the dark mood, I added, "Now tell me what you've been doing up here." I shot him a grin. "Aside from me, that is."

He laughed again. I loved the sound of it. I always did. And it finally shook away all the darkness.

A/N: Hi loves, let me satisfy my heart and write a few scenes of them loving each other, enjoying each other, rediscovering the joy of being together again. I love them so much like this! After going through so much together, they deserve to be happy. Then the roller coaster starts again. So much more that's about to happen. Get ready. It's coming soon. I'm working on the continuation of this chapter right now and I'll see you very soon! Love, Isabelle

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 493 14
Lucie & Matteo | WRU series | Book 2 I have loved and I have lost Pain touched my skin like a shadow Wrapped itself around my chest And slowly nestl...
9.7M 455K 34
Kara Hawthorne refuses to fall in love until the brooding Cameron crashes into her life. He burns for her like no other. But the past doesn't forget...
39.5K 1.3K 33
"𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬, 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭...
30.9K 1.4K 13
Promiscuity is addictive. It's so safe. You are not at risk of getting hurt, physically maybe , But emotionally ? No And the emotional pain is by f...