Paris

By 19RaeNegade

In times where a war between the rich and the poor commences and evil lurks in the darkness, miraculous rebel... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
72
73
74
75
76
77

71

149 13 8
By 19RaeNegade

{+}{+}{+}

Ladybug's P.O.V

"Polymouse, I need you to sneak past the SSS member while we distract the guard," I hurriedly explained in a whisper, "I need you to tell me what is going on in the prison room."

Polymouse nodded in understanding before leaping off my hand. If one of her replications heard my plan, then the rest did as well.

As quickly as possible, I twisted my body around to stand in front of Chat Noir and Vesperia. While in motion, I grabbed my yoyo and started spinning it to shield us from the raining bullets that fell upon the room.

The SSS member fired at rapid speed from my sudden movements, sending shot after shot in our direction. Chat Noir and Vesperia were definitely spooked by the sudden onslaught.

Aside from me, everyone was none the wiser of two Polymouses creeping by the SSS member and down the hallway.

"Good heavens!" Vesperia exclaimed.

"How did I not hear him or sense an attack coming?" Chat questioned himself.

"It does not matter at the moment," I said, "We need to figure out how to stop him."

"I have an idea," Chat Noir spoke up, "but we need to switch positions for this to work."

That was a risky move. If we mess up switching quickly enough, one of us could get hit by death itself. This SSS man was using a Banshee gun, after all. We would be screwed if we let even the graze of a bullet hit our skin.

Chat Noir grabbed his baton and slid out from behind me, spinning his weapon at the same time. Vesperia moved behind Chat Noir and grabbed me along.

"That was a lot simpler than I thought," I said in my mind.

"So, what is your idea?" I asked Chat.

"Grab his gun with your yoyo," Chat Noir explained, "Vesperia will paralyze him."

"I agree with me grabbing the gun but I want Vesperia to save her ability in case we face more of a threat than this guy," I told him, "Let us just knock him out and destroy the gun."

Vesperia will be a good asset in stopping mother. If we can get the upper hand on that assassin, Vesperia can paralyze her long enough to imprison her. Not that I was going to tell them that I knew there was going to be a bigger threat awaiting us.

"Very well," Chat Noir agreed, "I trust your judgment."

I knew it was not the time but I could not help my face heat up a little.

"Good!" I replied, feeling more confident about defeating these intruders, especially mother.

I flung my yoyo at the enemy but instantly deflated when it was stopped by a bullet hitting it. My yoyo fell and hit the ground with a clunk. I retrieved it back and tried again. Yet, the same thing happened.

"I cannot get the gun without a bullet stopping my yoyo," I said in frustration.

"Then, we need a new plan," Vesperia said, "Can we just wait until he runs out of bullets?"

"We do not know how long it will be until he does nor do we have the time to find out," Chat explained.

   This was not good. The SSS member may call for backup the moment he finds out that we are pretty much cornered or the unconscious members in the room will soon become conscious to help him.

   There were two options I had left for a plan. Polymouse can do something to sabotage the SSS member's gun or stop him in general. Or I can use my Lucky Charm and quickly retransform.

   The problems with both plans are that Polymouse could die if she were caught and something could go wrong while I am not in the suit.

   "The suit does not make me a hero. I make myself a hero by choosing to do good," I reminded myself in my thoughts. Steeling myself, I grabbed my yoyo.

   "Lucky Charm!" I called upon my power. There was a flash of red light before a ladybug-designed object fell into my arms.

   "A paperweight?" I questioned myself. How is a weight going to stop a rapid-firing gunman? I scanned the room for the answers only to come up blank for a solution.

   "I do not understand. What am I supposed to do with this?" I asked. Maybe, Chat or Vesperia may know. By the looks on their faces, they seemed just as clueless as I am.

   "You can figure this out, Ladybug. I will keep thinking but it is hard to concentrate on both protecting us and knowing how to use a paperweight on this guy," Chat explained.

   Vesperia hummed in thought but she did not seem to understand how to use the weight.

   I have to act fast before my five minutes is up. There has to be some reason why the Lucky Charm chose a paperweight. I looked around the room before my eyes flashed with an idea.

   A candle flickered upon my head just as the first warning beeps sounded from my earrings.

   "What if we do not use this paperweight but what if it is telling me something about it to use," I said, earning a raised eyebrow from Vesperia.

   "What do you mean?" She asked.

   "What I am trying to say is, we do not use this weight itself. We need to find something heavy enough to throw that will not get stopped by the bullet like my yoyo did," I explained.

   "Oh! I understand!" Vesperia perked up before searching for something to use, "What do we have that is heavy likea weight enough to not falter to a bullet but light likepaper enoughto throw at the gun."

   "I was thinking about using those," I pointed out at the concrete-made weights. Vesperia and I gave each other a determined smile. We used our weapons to spin our own shields.

   "Chat Noir, get behind us," I ordered as my miraculous ringed three minutes left, "We have a plan."

   The blonde stopped spinning his baton and got behind me. Vesperia and I moved backward to the weights while protecting ourselves from harm.

   "What is the plan?" Chat asked.

"Throw those weights at the gun," I explained, "It will give me enough time to snatch the gun away while it is not firing away at us. Then, one of you knock that guy out and the other will destroy the gun. I will go retransform in the lady's room."

As if knowing I was talking about it, my earrings sounded their warning.

"Brilliant planning," Chat praised, grabbing the concrete weight's handle. My partner wound up his arm to gain momentum due to the heaviness of the weight.

I knew Chat Noir would be the best choice to throw it since he was stronger than Vesperia and me. Plus, he has probably been using those weights since he started training to become a hero. He should have no problems throwing it.

My theory was proven correct when Chat threw the weight over our makeshift shields and flew through the air. The weight hit the gun directly, causing its setup to fall over and the guy to lose his grip on the trigger.

The firing ceased, giving me enough time to quickly stop spinning and steal the gun away. The SSS member tried to grab the retreating gun but was unable to get it back.

Vesperia and Chat Noir gave each other a look before nodding. The two have known each other the longest out of the whole team. I would not be surprised if they honed in on their ability to know what the other is thinking with a mere glance.

Vesperia grabbed the gun and broke it in half with her knee. Chat Noir chased after the escaping SSS member around the corner and into the hallway. A thud of a body hitting the ground was heard a moment later.

I sped to the lady's changing room and quickly detransformed. The paperweight disappeared. Tikki landed on my hand. I pulled out a treat from my dress's pocket and handed it over to my Kwami.

"Be hasty, we must return to battle as quickly as possible," I told Tikki. Without a response, Tikki showed she understood by chopping away at the sugary snack.

"Ladybug," Vesperia's voice called through the door in warning, "you need to hurr—AAK!"

I gasped, jumping at the sound of a thud. Then, everything had gone silent. As much as I wanted to check on Vesperia, I knew there was also trouble on the other side of the door. I would be no use to anyone knocked out. And as far as I know, I may be the last miraculous rebel standing.

Tikki was still eating and there was no time left. The enemy was right outside the door and there were no locks. Although, even if there was a lock, I am sure they would have no problem breaking in.

So, I did the only thing I could think to do.

I hid Tikki away and put on my training outfit. I slid my handcrafted mask over my face and grabbed a training baton over on the wall. It was not much but it was the best I had and I would make use of it to buy time for Tikki.

Luckily, Chat Noir had taught me to fight with a baton.

I positioned myself in a fight-ready stance, awaiting for whoever to enter.

Not a moment later the door easily got knocked off its hinges and a male enters into the room first.

"How disgusting," I snarked, "breaking into a lady's changing room. Shameful."

Though I sounded confident and unafraid of the danger I was in, I was quaking in my shoes.

   "Big talk for a little girl," came an all too familiar voice I was dreading to hear.

Mother.

For years, I have only seen her in fancy dresses and gowns. This new attire was different from everything I had seen her in. Midnight-colored clothing that is suitable for stealth and fighting needs. A halter with her swords on her back, ready to be wielded. I wish this was not the situation to see mother in something different.

"Funny, I could say the same thing about you," I spat, venom clear in my voice. I pointed my weapon right at mother, daring her to strike. I am unable to read her due to the mask covering her face. Yet, I had a feeling she was very annoyed.

"I want you all to continue with the plan. I will deal with this," she said. The SSS members did not need to be told twice and left us alone. Everyone knew, including mother herself, that she did not need any help fending off foes.

"Is that what I am to her now? A foe?" I questioned in my mind.

"I swear if you hurt any of them-"

"Do not swear. It is unladylike," mother cut me off, "So, long as they do not get in our way of our mission or see my identity, no one will be harmed."

"You may be the only one who has those feelings. If those other SSS members are anything like Gabriel, I am sure they will not be as lenient as you," I growled.

"And I will not let anyone else spill any more blood!"

I charged at mother and swung my baton just like I practiced so many times. Mother swiftly blocked my attack without any trouble.

"Why do you fight a losing battle, child? Why do you not lay down your weapon? We have those friends of yours captured, you seemingly have no magical powers, and you are clearly outnumbered and outmatched. It would be much easier to just give up," Mother questioned.

I switched to another attempt at an attack, only for mother to gain the upper hand. She dodged and pushed me. I stumbled before once again attacking.

"I do not avoid my problems, unlike a coward like you. I face them head-on," I proclaimed, proudly.

I smirked when Tikki appeared beside me.

"Tikki! Spots on," I exclaimed. I felt the familiar magical energy encase me from head to toe in my superhero suit. Now, mother and I stand on equal ground in this battle.

   If I am going to beat mother, I need to outsmart her at her own game. Something different that her past foes did not bring to the table and less predictable.

   I lunged at her. Mother prepared herself for my attack. I brought the wooden stick down in front of her, completely missing and hitting the stone flooring with a smack.

   I tucked my body in and did a summersault onto my back. I bucked my feet up and shot them right into her stomach as hard as I could. I did not need to see her facial expression to know she did not expect my attack.

   Mother went flying into the ceiling and hit it hard enough that it left a hole. A bit of debris rained a bit onto me but paid it no mind when mother came back down.

   I quickly grabbed my training baton and moved out of the way. I created distance between us, keeping a close eye on her and ready to defend myself if needed.

   Mother groaned, shakily getting back onto her feet. Her sword was still gripped in her hand, acting like a cane as she heavily leaned on it to stay on her feet.

   "I am getting too old for this," I heard her mutter, tossing her mask aside. She was beaten and bloodied, probably courtesy of my friends. Her little tough act earlier was all a facade. Aging and having already fought the others has not done her good.

   "I will admit...that was impressive," mother admitted, wiping away the stream of blood rolling down her chin.

   "This is only the beginning of what is to come," I boasted, smirking as my confidence returned. I have a chance at beating her then I can save everyone else.

   Mother sighed, tiredly, "Unfortunately for you, that fight will never come. I do not want to harm you."

   "Please, the only reason you are saying that is because you are unable to fight anymore. You are weakened and hurt. You are aware that I have the upper hand and can beat you," I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

   "On the contrary..." mother started, "it is I who is wielding the key to victory."

   "Is that so? It does not seem that way," I said, lunging at her. Mother raised her sword and easily blocked my attack. Now that I think about it, mother has not once attacked me. She has been blocking me this whole time.

   "It quite does," mother grunted, using whatever strength she has left to push back, "I have my men guarding all of your powerless miraculous rebels."

Powerless? What does she mean by that?

Mother must have noticed the question as if it were written on my face. With all her might, she pushed me back before swiftly kicking my legs out from under me. As I sat up, the tip of her sword was right at my nose.

I glared at her.

"I thought you were not going to do any harm to me," I reminded her of her false promises. Yet, mother was left unfazed and completely ignored what I said. Instead, she continued to explain where she left off.

"Your team no longer possesses their magical trinkets. We took them away and now they are merely regular poor section children."

"I do not believe you!" I growled at her, "You are lying!"

Why would I believe a word she says?! She had lied to me my whole life. Every time she wants to redeem herself, she only waits until my back is turned to put a knife in it. When we get moved to the poor section, I never want to see her again!

She is a despicable human!

I watched mother pull something out of her pocket and reveal it to be Vesperia's hair comb.

A sinking feeling added to the heaviness in my chest. My body felt paralyzed as if Vesperia had used her power on me by just seeing the comb.

"No...she could not have..." I thought in disbelief.

"They are weak and defenseless without their powers. Just because I do not want to hurt you does not mean I will not hurt them," mother threatened.

"So, I suggest you hand over Gabriel and while you are at it, your miraculous as well. It is too dangerous to wield. You are lucky you have not died yet! If you do these requests, everyone will be left unharmed and can return to what should be their normal lives."

I glared at mother, teeth gritted in rage. I took a deep breath. There was no time to lash out and it will not help me think straight on how to get out of this situation. I eyed the comb and decided to chance it. It may be my only way out.

"You are right about one thing..." I started, earning an eyebrow raise.

"I hope this works. Lucky powers, do not fail me now," I thought before engaging my reckless plan. I am going to use mother's vulnerability of being unable to harm me to my advantage.

I swung my wooden baton, only for her to unimpressively block it.

"You are going to have to try better then—HEY!"

While mother was somewhat distracted by the fake attack, I grabbed my yoyo with my other hand and flung it at the comb. My yoyo opened and snatched the miraculous inside.

I once again used my feet to push her away and flipped a few times to gain some space between us. I smirked as I brought out the bee miraculous and tauntingly waved it around.

"They do not call me Lady Luck for nothing."

Now, there was only one problem.

How do I get enough time to transform into the bee hero with mother around?

{+}{+}{+}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 21.4K 32
Marinette and Adrien are in their terminale year of Lycée (senior year of High School) and still fighting Hawkmoth under their secret identities as L...
76.3K 4.1K 47
When an akumatized victim begins to attack Marinette with the supervision of Hawkmoth, Chat Noir attempts at being her protector. Due to a distracti...
233K 4.8K 33
[UNDER EDITING]Marinette and Adrien take on Hawkmoth in the final battle, overcoming challenges Ladybug never thought she'd face again... including C...
1.9K 108 17
Unable to transform in time, Marinette sacrifices her life to save Adrien from an assassin. With the help of the Kwamis, Adrien is able to bring her...