Marriage Under Repairs

By AngelTweet

And they lived happily ever after!!! But was it really happily ever after for Swara and Sanskar? Swara and Sa... More

Synopsis
Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24

Chapter - 20

5.1K 397 98
By AngelTweet

"Ok, then I will leave for home." Swara and Sanskar were stepping out from Maheshwari Office.

"Don't go alone." He could hardly mumble in request, holding her arm and turning her to face him. He took out his phone from pant pocket.

"Mike, cancel my meetings for today. I won't be coming to the office. If anything urgent give me a call." He was talking while walking with her towards their car.

Swara saw him, she remembered in the morning his mention of some important meetings in Karma office in the late afternoon. For a moment she could not understand the sudden change of his plans.

"No... I can't make it. Just postpone it for tomorrow." His words broke her reverie.

Sanskar knew his headlong brother would be reaching their home soon and then the first thing he would do is to blurt out the events that happened in the meeting.

Her chaotic Maayka is at home to support her frantic sister who would be ready to jump on Swara with belittling her on the first opportunity they get. For the first time, their ideal daughter and sister have gone against their wish which would surely result in their outrage.

Swara gazed in his pleading eyes. They were always a mirror of his heart. It did not take much time for Swara to understand his inner turmoil.

'He is my biggest support always.' She fluttered her eyelashes to push back her ecstatic emotions.

"Ok, let's go together." She slipped her hand in his arms who led her towards their car.

'She was the first one who raised her hand to oppose the proposal.' Sujata could not believe in her own hearing ability. She turned into a statue.

"Swara rejected?" Sharmishtha was the first one to mutter unanticipatedly.

Few moments back Sharmishtha was guaranteed that her obedient daughter would never let any of her words to fall down. Last time, when she had folded her hands in front of her own daughter for the wellbeing of her step-daughter, Swara had put her own marriage at stake. But today, when Sharmishtha's own world was crashing down, her blood turned back on her.

"Not only Swara but Chachu as well." Laksh threw his jacket on the floor frustratingly. "And Sanskar... he was always against this." Finally he slumped down on a nearby couch palming his face.

"Ram" Sujata pinched herself. 'First Swara and now Ram too. For sure I am dreaming right now. Sujata, wake up, it's morning.'

"Ahh" Sujata could feel hurt realising that the words falling on her eardrum were not her dream but the reality.

"Mom, what is happening?" Uttara whispered, bending near her mother's ear.

"If I don't understand anything myself, what should I tell you?" Sujata spoke abruptly, not moving her eyes from Gadodia and her own family members. She continued showing the reddened area on her wrist to her daughter, " Only one thing is for sure, that I am not dreaming."

"What Ram as well?" This time it was Annapurna.

"See what your daughter did with us. Shame on her. She destroyed us completely. One thing... only one thing I had asked her... that too with folding hands but no. What difference does it make to her whether her parents live or die? She is just enjoying her own life." Shekhar vented out.

"Wow! What an upbringing you have been given to your daughter. She successfully brought her parents on the road, gave the begging bowl in the hands of her grandparents and destroyed her own sister's house." This time it was Parvati who could not suppress her venom for Swara.

Sanskar parked his car in the parking spot of Maheshwari House. He saw Swara lost in her thoughts for their entire journey from office to home.

"Don't worry about Ma and Baba. If they want they can move into one of my apartments." He spoke, breaking her trance.

Swara was engulfed in thoughts about her parents. Yes, she rejected the proposal but one part of her heart worried about their wellbeing.

She turned to see him who was looking at her intensely.

"I am mean... don't take me wrong. They can stay in the house for whatever time they want but if they are feeling awkward then they can move into any of the apartments." He repeated his explanations.

"And what about Badi's other residents? I don't want them to suffer for others' mistakes. I have grown up with them. My entire childhood was spent among them. They are more than just neighbours to me." Anxiety started grappling her heart which was reflected in her eyes. Both started walking towards their home.

"Can we do anything for them?" She asked, holding her breath.

"There are ways but I don't think Laksh will agree to it." He shook his head in negative, knowing his brother in and out. "I am thinking of talking to Bade Papa or Dad about this. Hope it will work out."

"Ram, I did not expect this from you." Annapurna's painful voice fell on Swara and Sanskar's eardrums when they stepped inside the living hall of Maheshwari House.

Durgaprasad was sitting on the couch beside Deendayal Gadodia.

Laksh was on an arm chair holding his head in his both hands whereas Ragini was beside him.

Shekhar dropped his shoulders in helplessness.

Tears were continuously streaming over Sharmishtha's cheeks, Parvati was breathing heavily, fuming in anger.

Annapurna was confronting her brother-in-law. Adarsh and Parineeta witnessing the unfolding of the drama with wide open eyes.

Sujata was standing a little far away along with her daughter. This was the scene captured by Swara and Sanskar's eyes informing about long interrogative sessions ahead.

"Don't worry, I am with you." Swara turned to his side when he whispered in her ears holding her hands in his.

"Me too." she copied him with a blink of an assurance.

"How can you forget what we have done for you. If your elder brother had not supported you, imagine what would have been your life?" Annapurna was on the verge of breaking down.

Sujata's eyes filled with tears. She remembered her journey till today in this home.

"Annapurna you are no one to talk about it. So keep your mouth shut." Durga Prasad's roaring voice boomed inside four walls.

His one word flinched Annapurna making her tongue tied.

"Bhabhi, I am always grateful to Bhai Sahab for whatever he had done for me till today. My brother has taught me to support what is right, I just did what he taught me." Ram replied calmly looking at his elder brother and continued, "And in the last 60 years, not a single day has gone by when I have not paid off that debt. But not today... Today I had to stand with my son. I had to fulfil my duties as a father."

"But Ram ji, how can you forget our whole life was dependent on your one decision? Don't you care about us at all? Don't we mean anything to you?" Shekhar joined the confrontation session.

"Why are you asking him, Shekhar? He is a stranger. We have been betrayed by our own blood." Parvati was the first one to see Swara and Sanskar. She pointed at her no so favourite grand-daughter who was descending the stairs along with her husband.

Everyone turned their eyes on the couple.

"Swara, how could you do this?" Sharmishtha questioned with teary eyes.

"Why are you asking her, Sharmishtha? She is a stain on the daughter's name. I am disgusted even to call her a daughter who doesn't care about her parents." Shekhar berated with gritted teeth.

"Baba please. You should not..." Sanskar intervened as calmly as possible. One word against Swara was enough to trigger his ruthless avatar but he had decided to handle it in a civil way this time...again of course for Swara.

"It's ok Sanskar. I am used to this now." She held his wrist for a moment and then crossed her hands around her chest not moving her stony gaze from her father.

"Did you see Shekhar how rebellious she has turned into?" Parvati instigated toxically.

"Swara, what did you get by doing all this?" Sharmishtha knew her own future was dependent on Swara, she was shaken to the core when her daughter slipped away from her clutches. Now, Swara was no more her puppet whom she could influence to guarantee her own marriage, household, prosperity. "You brought your Ma and Baba on the roads."

"Correction Ma, it's not me who is responsible for this day but Laksh is the one to blame for." Swara replied, maintaining her sanity. "Also yours and Baba's distrust of me and Sanskar."

Sanskar stared at his wife with wide open eyes. Same was the condition of everyone standing in the hall. Swara had the courage to voice out the upfront truth which everyone was trying to hide.

Sujata took a step to hold Ram's arm, keeping her wide open eyes on her daughter in law. She was not the Swara, Sujata knew from last two years.

"What was my fault?" Laksh screamed in anger. He took a few quick steps to stand in front of Swara.

"You know Laksh very well. Board members and shareholders rejected your proposal as you don't have enough permissions and grants. It seems you didn't even have a proper plan to acquire them in the near future. You lost their confidence then and there only. Once you have all permissions and licences we can again discuss the same proposal and maybe that time, I will be the first one to support." Swara replied smoothly yet honestly.

"It was your shitty idea to bring that topic on the table. Until then everything was going well." Laksh spatted with feisty glares.

"If not Swara then I would have definitely asked you this question." This time Sanskar seconded his wife. His thunderstorm yet sober voice flinched Laksh at it's place.

"Yes, you would have definitely asked." Ragini mocked sarcastically, "You don't want Laksh to do anything on his own. You can't see me and Laksh happy and progressing. You and Sanskar always want to keep us under your shoes. We are just puppet for you two. You are just taking revenge on him."

"Ragini is right this time, Swara. You cannot deny that today your own parents' house has been destroyed because of one of your decisions. Even you ruined your sisters household as well." Annapurna questioned to safeguard her beloved son.

"Badi Ma, Laksh wanted to build his own business. He planned to make a partnership with his friend in his construction business. Ragini supported him. I don't think he consulted with anyone like Bade Papa or Dad who are more experienced in this field before signing any agreement." Even before Sanskar could come up with any counter argument, it was Swara's time to give them a reality check.

Over their journey from office to home, she had made her mentally prepared for upcoming confrontation. Today, she was ready to retaliate, she had decided she won't be taking any worthless blames.

She turned to her parents with an impassive look, "Ma, Baba, it was your decision to support Laksh and Ragini for their well being as part of agreeing with Badi's reconstruction project. You both just informed me about your decision when everything was finalized. You did not even feel it necessary to discuss it with me or Sanskar even for once.... You just ordered me to accept it without any questions. And, I did it as per your wish."

Her words left Sharmishtha and Shekhar in a flummoxed state. She had correctly pointed out their mistake. Both shared a quick eye exchange in helplessness.

"Even when Bade Papa asked repeatedly about the compliance of the project and other formalities, he or his partner took it lightly. Even after the news flashed over newspapers, you took it way too casually." Swara countered with facts turning to Laksh.

Sanskar was stunned to look at his feisty wife. She was calm, composed, sober yet everyone can feel her uncompromising, no-nonsense, rigid demeanour in her appearance.

"I remember Bade Papa, requesting me to ask Sanskar to look into your matters Laksh, and I denied. You know why, because you and Ragini would have considered our advice as our interference." She smiled snarkily to continue, "Experience teaches everything."

Swara fluttered her eyelashes to push back her unshed tears to turn to her two so-called mothers.

"Why Badi ma? Why Ma? Why always their dreams, their life, their hopes, their ambitions, their desires matters you both the most? When these two do anything with their life impulsively without giving a proper thought or consultation with elders or experienced people. Why is me and Sanskar always held responsible for their mistakes?"

"Why, our relationship shattered by their mistakes? Why is there an expectation that Swara and Sanskar will stake their own relationship, their self-respect, their dreams, their life, even their marriage for these two? Why? Why Bade Papa?" Finally she dropped her shoulders to ask the genuine question troubling her these months to the head of the family. Tears streamed over her cheek.

Sanskar wrapped his arm around her shoulder in support, he wanted to intervene but he also knew his wife was holding a big turmoil inside her heart. She needed to take it out for her own relief. She wiped her own tears, closing her eyes for a moment

"Ma, perhaps you may not remember, but on this day, a year ago, I had gone against Sanskar to support your other daughter, to save your marriage with Baba. Because I very well know that your marriage with Baba depends on Ragini's happiness. If she is happy in her life then you experience the blessed married life else... For you Ma... because of you, I had broken the promise; the only thing he had ever asked me till that day. That time, I was your ideal daughter right?" Swara's heart was bleeding, reminiscing every event that happened in the past.

Her every word hit the sore part of Sharmishtha... her daughter revealed the reality of her relationship.

Her each tear was piercing Sanskar's heart but he knew she needed to take out her anguish else it would keep killing her from inside.

"Ragini, for you I had put my marriage at stake. I had walked out leaving the man behind who always loved me unconditionally no matter what. Always supported me in my thick and thin times. Who always protected me being my shield. I had left him, Ragini just to be with you because I was scared if you did any self harm, then...? But I cannot blame you either ... because it was my mistake to prioritise you and everyone here for their well being over my own married life. That time, I was a perfect example of a sister, daughter in law right? I was not a stain on the daughter's name but I was everyone's pride." Swara shook her head defeatedly. She wiped her own tears.

"But you know what, now I am tired of being someone's perfect daughter, perfect sister or perfect daughter in law... to hell with such pride..... I just want to be his wife. Just his wife. That's it."

"Now coming back to the rejection part.... " Swara turned towards the head of the family, "You tell me Bade Papa, if this same proposal had been brought by someone else other than Laksh, would you have supported it?" Her one direct question made Durga Prasad bow his head in regret.

"Wouldn't you have thought for the wellbeing of those thousands of workers and employees working in Maheshwari Incorporation. I am sure you would not have gambled on the future of the company you have inherited from your forefathers." She concluded by quieting everyone standing over there.

"Answer me Bade Papa. Please. Being a chairman of the company, what would you have done?" She took steps towards the head of the family.

"I would have thrown that proposal in the dustbin." This time Durga Prasad replied determinedly.

She turned to face the rest of the members of her family in challenging glare. "That's what Dad, Sanskar and I had done."

"Also, Ma and Baba, you don't have to worry about the future. Even though you both don't consider me and Sanskar as your own, we do owe our responsibilities towards you all. Sanskar has one apartment in a nearby area. If you all want you can shift there, till the time this issue gets sorted out or even for life time... there will be no issues." Swara concluded the ongoing interrogative session.

Swara took a good look at everyone who was standing there turning as statues. She held Sanskar's hand and she left for her room followed by Sujata, Ram and Uttara.

The moment Swara and Sanskar stepped inside their room, the strong persona of Swara washed away, and she started crying bitterly remembering their harsh words.

"Swara" Sanskar enveloped her in his secured embrace. "Why us? Why does it always come to us? Why do they have to hold us responsible for their every problem?"

"Swara" Sujata called from the doorstep, breaking their moment.

"Even Ma, she doesn't even trust me." Sujata caressed her hair, feeling bad for her. "She always used me for keeping her marriage, her own household safe and secure. She knows her well being lies in Ragini's happiness. It's fine, I understand but why does she always want me to stake my marriage for her other daughter?"

"Swara beta, please stop crying." Sujata caressed her hair.

Sanskar wiped her tears.

It took long efforts of Ram, Sujata, Sanskar and Uttara to make her calm down.

Two more days went in deadly silence in Maheshwari House. Ram and his family were successful in avoiding the other members of the family. The regular routine of their household has turned upside down. Everyone preferred to stay mostly at their rooms, even routine family events such as breakfast, lunch and dinner were also carried out in their personal rooms.

It was late afternoon when Sanskar was working in his office cabin of Karma Incorporations when he heard a knock on the door. It was Ram.

"Dad, are you here? Is everything ok?" Sanskar could not understand the real reason behind his father's visit to his office. He got up from his chair.

"Do you have some time to talk?" Ram asked, knowing his son's busy schedule.

"Of course Dad" he led both of them towards the couch in his cabin.

"Other day you were saying there is a way to sort out this chaos created by Laksh." Ram asked inquisitively.

"Yes there is... but knowing Laksh, he won't be agreeing to this." Sanskar shook his head.

"What's the way? Sanskar, we have to think about those other Badi residents. After all, our name and reputation is at stake. I promise, I will personally talk to Bhaisa for this, not involving you or Swara in this." Ram knew his son's reservations for getting involved in his brother's matters.

"Dad, it's not that."

"What do you think we can do?" Ram asked again.

"If Laksh's partnership firm can sell this contract to any recognised construction company. Then the new company can start negotiations and formulate new contracts with residents. It's like starting from ground zero. New company can also build up brand new plans and they can work on permissions as well based on plans. Since it will be a recognised company it will have their contacts to get those permissions ASAP.... But there is a glitch... Since this is a workaround solution, Laksh and his firm will not get any benefits out of the sale, it will be a peanut sale for them. Also Badi's residents may not have strong bargaining power as they are right now on the losing side. But later we can handle as much as possible by appointing a strong lawyer from their side." Sanskar explained professionally.

"So Laksh will not get any financing benefit from this." Ram questioned

"Dad, the project has not even kicked off... How can we expect anything in return?" Sanskar cross questioned being realistic.

"Means this will be a total loss for Laksh."

Sanskar agreed with a simple nod.

"It will be hard to convince him." Ram replied dejectedly.

"If Laksh did not agree with this, what are the options he will have other than finding an investor and acquiring those permission?" Ram asked hopefully.

"Dad, I have seen their contract papers as well as his partnership deed. It's all messed up. It looks like some infelicitous lawyer has prepared the papers. As per those papers even Laksh's friend cum partner can wash out his hands from this deal but Laksh cannot. If matters turn worse... then Laksh will be solely responsible for this chaos. And Dad, Badi residents can file a fraudulent case against him which will be non-bailable." Sanskar had a long session with his legal team to review the papers.

"Means if Laksh does not agree then he is in deep shit." Ram concluded. "I have to convince Bhaisa to knock some sense into his son's dumbhead."

Both father and son talked about a few more routine things when Ram abruptly suggested, "Sanskar why don't you take Swara out for a few weeks. It will be a good change for her. How bad has the atmosphere at home been in the past few days? I mean, till then I hope everything will sorted out." Ram hoped.

"I will think about this Dad for sure." Sanskar smiled inwardly thinking about the suggestion his father proposed.

************************************************
Thanks for loving this story. Let me know how you found this chapter in the form of your votes and comments.

Please feel free to share this story in your message board as a suggestive read if you think that they will enjoy this roller coaster ride.

Love
AngelTweet

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 4.8K 10
This Ts based on track where Raglak married, Sanskar save Swara, bring her from hospital to save her marriage with Laksh, but SwaSan stunned knowi...
168K 7.1K 34
Highest ranking in fanfiction #82 #38 on #EMOTIONS ***************************************** Sanskar and Swara are two protagonist of my story Ek Ris...
38.1K 3.5K 48
(Completed) ADOORA SAFAR Love is beautiful! But every coin has two sides, Isnt it?๐Ÿ’” If Love makes your life peaceful then only hate can make your li...
50.5K 2.4K 10
Cover Credits - @SamairaRajput This is a continuation of serial track. This story mainly focuses on Swara & Sanskar. It shows the pain they faced a...