The Vampire Prince graduates...

By Mama_Kas

After surviving an assassination attempt, Alexander and Rin are adjusting to every day life. Not only is grad... More

Q&A
Development Project
For the Future
Career Exams
Promises
Invitation
Family Talk
Dinner
Confessions
A Whole New World
Senior Year
Orientation
Convenient
Quiet Moment
Unexpected
Second Breakfast
Theory
Letting the Cat out of the Bag
Internship
AU - Hot Chocolate at the park
Debts
Insecure
Back-Up Plan
My Brain Hurts
P.I.
Cooperation
Ice-cream Break
Let Me Hold Your Papers
Auction (Part 1)
Auction (Part 2)
Reply
The Truth
Building Bridges
Brownies make good breakfast
Digging for Information
Pep talk
Moving Forward
Insight
It Happened
Remain Calm
Lady Hargrave
Trust
Inside Job
Resurfaced
Not a Promise
Breach
In your Arms
Around the dinner table
Camellia
Roommates
Ambush
Henry
Betrayed
Call Him
Exercise Caution
Sold
Served
I Know
Gifts
Unwrapping
Traditions
Plans
What's the Rush?
A Traitor Among Us
Hacked
The Final Countdown
Love, Strength, and Trust
Well Wishes
To the Future
Times are Changing
Riot
We're Everywhere
Captured
Pawn
Exchange
Exposed
Escape
Rescued
The Truth Revealed
Sleeping Beauty
A Cure
Immobilized
Awakened
Princess
Loyalty
Epilogue

Graduation

339 23 1
By Mama_Kas

"All set, what do you think?"

I opened my eyes and looked at a completely different person. Jayla had outdone herself this time. She had curled my hair and styled it into a messy bun. She even added a floral hairclip.

"Isn't it too fancy?" I asked.

Jayla clicked her tongue. "Nothing is too fancy for a princess."

I glanced at the time. I had three hours before I needed to show up to school. It had been a miracle that I had finished all my classes in time for graduation. If it hadn't been for Alexander - and the fact that I didn't need to sleep as much - I would have received my diploma in a less ceremonial way in the summer.

It was also why I hadn't bought a dress or scheduled an appointment with a hairdresser. Luckily, Alexander had planned ahead.

"Thanks for doing this," I told Jayla.

"I'm glad I could be of service," she said. "When Prince Alexander called, I knew what I had to do. I'm your official hairdresser after all."

Jayla helped me get dressed. The sage-colored dress stopped at my knees. The halter top was a little snug but not uncomfortable.

"We'll use this dress for pictures," Jayla explained. "Then we'll get you into your graduation dress. It's more formal."

"Pictures?" I echoed.

"Oh yes. The studio isn't far."

My parents tagged along with us.

I knew I should be excited, sad even, but I wanted this day to be over.

"Smile Rin," Mom said.

And so for the next hour or so, I forced a smile on my face, trying to look natural.

At one point, Mom pulled me aside. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"Nothing's wrong," I told her. "I want to leave."

She frowned. "You're the one who planned this," she said.

I sighed. "Alexander planned it," I told her. "I went along with it."

"Rin, what's wrong?" Mom repeated. "You act like this is all a hassle."

I crossed my arms. "Mom, what's the point? For all we know, someone is going to attack us at graduation and the whole night is going to be ruined for everyone. This should be a happy moment."

Mom didn't speak for a long time. "So, you want to hide, is that it? Never doing anything because you're afraid?"

I turned away. "I'm not afraid," I began. "I just don't want to be the cause of everyone's misery."

"You can't control what people will do or say," she told me. "You have a right to be happy. So, enjoy today. It's not every day you graduate high school."

She was right. And yet, this anxious feeling wouldn't go away. Was it always going to be like this?

I took a deep breath. I needed to calm down. If I worried about everyone else, I wouldn't be able to enjoy anything. So, I had to put my trust in my bodyguards.

A few hours later, we were on the way to school. Before going, I'd changed my dress to a royal blue one which was much longer than the one before. The halter top remained the same except this one had rhinestones around the collar and waist. But at a closer look, they might be actual jewels. Jayla adjusted my hair, taking the bun out and letting my hair down.

My parents took a separate car while I went with Jayla.

"You look beautiful," she said. "Don't worry about anything and have fun."

"Yeah," I said with the confidence I didn't feel. "I'll have fun."

The ceremony would take place on the football fields. Families were arriving as we pulled up to the school. My parents had already parked.

The seniors were to gather at the main building before walking to the field. I got dropped off at the main entrance had headed towards the cafeteria. Posters lined the walls that the lower grades made for the seniors.

I reached into the pocket of my dress and pulled out my phone. The girls had promised to text me when they arrived. But they hadn't sent any messages and neither had Alexander.

The cafeteria was abuzz with conversation everywhere I looked. Luckily, I was ignored. I made my way to a corner and waited there. It gave me a good view of the room.

Alexander had started giving me tips on going to large events like these. I had to keep an eye out for everything and everyone.

A few minutes later, my phone buzzed. My friends had arrived. It didn't take me long to spot them. Amber was the first to see me. She grabbed Brissa and Sandra and brought her to my spot.

"Rin!" Sandra squeezed and flung her arms around me.

I hugged her tightly. "You look great," I told her.

Brissa looked around excitedly. "Where is Prince Rothchester? Is he coming?"

I hesitated. "I'm sure he will," I said. "He's been busy."

"You don't know?" Amber asked.

I shrugged. "Today has been busy."

They seemed content with that answer. I didn't think I should tell them I wasn't allowed to comment on the attendance of any royal member to an event. It would put them in danger. Just another rule to remember.

"At least you could make it to graduation," Brissa said. "You missed Prom and -"

"Which wasn't great," Sandra interrupted.

I smiled at them. "You don't have to tip-toe around that," I said. "I'm well aware I was in the hospital."

They smiled sheepishly at me.

"Seniors! Can I have your attention?" One of the student council members stepped up on the stage. "I need everyone to start lining up in alphabetical order. Valedictorian, you're in the front."

It took almost half an hour for everyone to get to where they needed. We had to snake the line around the room so we could all fit. Mr. Flora walked down the line checking the names on the list. A few people rushed through the doors out of breath. And yet, Alexander hadn't appeared.

I took a deep breath. It's fine, I told myself. He's always fashionably late.

Soon after, the line started moving. We trekked down the hallway towards the back exit. A small wind started up.

As we walked towards the stadium, a strange feeling washed over me. It wasn't sadness. Perhaps that would come later. Everything felt surreal like I couldn't believe that I had finally made it. This past year was unlike anything else I had experienced. A lot of things happened that I still couldn't believe.

The line stopped at the stadium gate. Music played through the speakers. A bubble of excitement rose through my chest.

It was time.

The gates opened and we walked through. The music drowned out the applause. A stage had been set up at the center of the field and beside it were rows of chairs for us. I was in the fifth row near the end. The other half of the class went on the other side of the stage. As we finished sitting, the music stopped and Ms. Kim stepped up to the podium.

"Welcome parents and guardians," she began. "To a very special night for our seniors."

As Ms. Kim spoke, I searched the bleachers for my parents. I didn't have any trouble finding them. They were in the middle of the bleachers holding balloons and flowers. I scanned the audience but couldn't see anyone from the royal family.

I glanced at my phone, but Alexander hadn't reached out. I sent him a message and waited.

One by one, Ms. Kim called out the names of students. When it was our turn, the row stood and made their way to the stage.

"Rin Elizabeth Borek."

There was polite applause as I went to the stage. Ms. Kim handed me my diploma. We turned to the camera with a smile before I stepped off the stage. As they finished with our row, we headed back to our seats. I looked at the rolled-up piece of paper. We wouldn't get our actual diploma until later. This one was just for show.

I checked my messages again but there was still no reply. He couldn't possibly think of not showing up, right?

Amber's name was called out. I cheered loudly just in time. Right. I couldn't get distracted. I needed to cheer for my friends too. Alexander had some time before his name was called.

Brissa walked onto the stage a few minutes later followed by Sandra. Slowly but surely, everyone's name was called. As Ms. Kim reached the last names with 'r', I tensed. But as she called out the names, she skipped over Alexander's name. My stomach sank.

Was he not considered a student? That didn't seem fair. Flabbergasted, I looked around. No one batted an eye. Was I being sensitive about this?

Grumbling, I crossed my arms. Is this why he hadn't responded to me? He hadn't been invited? I couldn't wrap my head around it.

At long last, the last student received their diploma.

"Before we end our ceremony, we have one last diploma to give," Ms. Kim stated. "It's been a rocky road for everyone involved but we're proud to present a diploma to Crown Prince Rothchester."

I froze.

What did she say?

Around me, everyone clapped and cheered. I looked around trying to find Alexander. Then I saw him, walking down the football field. The students stood as he approached.

Tears flooded my eyes but I blinked quickly. I jumped to my feet.

Alexander winked at me before stepping onto the stage. He took the diploma from Ms. Kim, and posed, before walking off the stage.

"Congratulations to our graduating seniors," Ms. Kim said.

The audience rose to their feet applauding.

My phone buzzed. I looked down at my phone. There was a message.

'I'll see you later.'

I looked up but it was too late Alexander was gone but one thing was clear; the vampire prince graduated high school. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408K 23.2K 59
Sequel to The Vampire Prince goes to High School. It's been a few months since Rin and Alexander have dealt with Micah. Their contract is behind the...
20.5K 760 12
Life is all about making sacrifices.Werewolves are living with Anastasia Roberts right under nose. When she learns the shocking secret, her life take...
3.4M 149K 82
Twenty years ago, vampires emerged from the shadows and took their place among humans. With their King and the government working together, a fragile...
18.4K 801 31
Natalia Romano was trained to be the Perfect candidate for a future queen, but what school couldn't have prepared her for was becoming a vampire. To...