I'm in love with a monster!

By DireLaxion

short stories More

Info

Kaiju-Sama

778 22 15
By DireLaxion

3rd POV YN

YN, a 23-year-old college student, navigates his way through the bustling streets of the city. His attire reflects a blend of comfort and style, featuring a simple plaid shirt paired with well-fitted blue jeans, ears are subtle accessories of a small cross, and a cool [Hair Style].

What's YN doing now? Right now, YN is losing his mind! He's practically screaming his lungs out, holding up his phone to capture every bone-rattling moment of the epic showdown between Godzilla and Gigan. Never mind the fact that he could be squashed like a foot lettuce.

YN's heart races, but the thrill of recording such a historic kaiju battle overpowers any instinct to flee. In that heart-pounding moment, YN's eyes widen as he realizes Godzilla, the colossal titan got stabbed in the stomach and is toppling right in his direction. Panic sets in, and with legs that suddenly feel tinier than ever, he scrambles to run.

The ground shakes with each thunderous step of the falling kaiju, making YN's escape feel like a little cockroach. Despite his best efforts, Godzilla inches closer and closer, casting an ominous shadow over YN's desperate sprint.

Just as YN resigns himself to what seems like an inevitable fate, a seismic jolt ripples through the ground. Miraculously, Godzilla manages to catch itself mid-fall, colossal lizardy hands meeting the ground with a thunderous impact. YN, on the brink of surrendering, now finds himself face to face with the very creature he thought would crush him.

As the dust settles and debris scatters, YN's eyes widen in awe. He crawls backward, creating some distance to get a better look at Godzilla, who towers before him like an ancient deity. In the surreal meeting of gazes between YN and Godzilla, and without a moment's hesitation, Godzilla senses the impending danger and rises with an earth-shaking roar. The mighty kaiju swiftly turns its attention to the menacing threat, Gigan, gearing up for battle.

As the titans clash in a ferocious spectacle, YN seizes the opportunity to escape. Adrenaline coursing through his veins, he bolts away from the epicenter of destruction, putting as much distance as possible between himself and the colossal brawl.

The ground quakes beneath his fleeing footsteps, YN, caught between awe and survival instincts, races towards safety, leaving the battlefield to the titans that rule the earth/realm/whatevs.

Breathless and exhilarated, YN manages to utter a shaky yet triumphant statement, feeling the rush of adrenaline coursing through his veins. "Awesome!" he exclaims, the word escapes his lips as a proof to the surreal experience of narrowly escaping Godzilla's fall and witnessing the subsequent clash with Gigan.

A soldier's urgent voice pierces through the roars and crashes, calling out to YN. "Hey, you! Get over here quick!" The command snaps YN back to reality, and without a second thought, he sprints towards the source of safety.

Weeks later

YN returns to the college grounds, disbelief washes over him like a tidal wave. "Are you serious?!" he mentally questions himself, staring wide-eyed at the pristine condition of the campus. The memory of Godzilla and Gigan's epic battle had miraculously didn't hit the campus. His secret hope for the destruction of the campus, providing him with an unexpected break from studies, lingers in the back of his mind.

As YN scans the surroundings, his gaze lands on a tall girl with long pink-ish hair, wearing an expression that mirrors his own disappointment. It's clear she shares the same sentiment about the campus remaining intact after the kaiju brawl.

Caught in the act of staring, YN quickly averts his eyes when he realizes she's noticed him. "Sup, YN," she says, her tone surprisingly laid back given the circumstances. YN, feeling a mix of embarrassment and camaraderie, manages a sheepish smile. "Hey there," he responds.

"Do I know you? How do you know my name?" YN asks, his confusion evident as he regards the tall lady. "Heard you from YouTube, Social Media, and all over the campus, being a daredevil just to get clout," she replies, her words carrying a mix of amusement and acknowledgment

She then looks at the campus, clicking her tongue in disappointment. "Name's Jira. Nice to meet you," she says with a smile, extending a hand in a friendly gesture. He shakes her hand with a bemused grin. "Likewise, Jira. Looks like we both had some grand expectations for the aftermath of that kaiju showdown."

"Yeah, I almost crushed y—I mean, I almost had it in Godzilla when it comes to destroying things, but the campus is still pristine," Jira sighs, her disappointment palpable. That made YN chuckle, "Guess even kaiju battles have a weird sense of humor," he remarks.

"You want to hang out later?" Jira asks, catching YN off guard with the sudden proposal. He's quite surprised, but the idea of spending time together sounds appealing. "Sure, why not?" he replies, a smile forming on his face. He notices Jira fist-pumping in excitement, which confuses him a bit.

"One quick question, I remembered I didn't share my name on my YouTube channel or my social media, or anything. I didn't share it. But, how—" YN begins to ask, but he's abruptly cut off when Jira interjects.

"Oh! Look at the time! I must be going. See ya!" she exclaims with sudden urgency, rushing off before YN can finish his question. Left standing there with a puzzled expression, YN can't help but wonder about Jira. Has she heard of him from friends? Gossip? He shook his head and just walk it off.

As YN recalls, Jira is an exchange student who arrived just a week ago. It dawns on him that she's the same girl who caught the attention of everyone with her striking presence. Now, as he takes a closer look, he can't help but acknowledge that the boys were right – she's quite a catch.

Despite the initial surprise of her sudden proposal to hang out, YN understands that perhaps she's looking for friends in this new environment. He recognizes that he may be out of her league in certain aspects, but he appreciates the opportunity to build a friendship with a foreigner.

Deciding to get back to the routine, YN heads to class where he knows Jira is his classmate. Taking his seat, he opens his phone, intending to re-watch the events of yesterday – the kaiju battle that turned out to be both a thrill and a disappointment... for the campus not being destroyed.

As the familiar scenes play out on his screen, he can't help but relive the adrenaline rush and the surreal encounter with Godzilla and Gigan. He remembered that time where he and Godzilla made eye contact and that made his heart beat just wondering what might the kaiju think.

YN hears a hiss and glances to his right to see Jira, who's holding her stomach in apparent pain. Concerned, he asks, "Are you okay?" Her eyes meet his, and for a moment, a flicker of discomfort passes through her expression.

"Yeah, just a little stomachache. I'll be fine," she replies, attempting to brush off the discomfort. Despite her attempt to downplay it, YN senses there might be more to it. "It's okay to let it out, it's no shame," YN says with a supportive smile, thinking that Jira might be resisting going to the bathroom just to avoid being late for class.

However, Jira's eyes widen, and she blushes beet red. "I-It's not that! Mind your own business!" she exclaims before grunting in pain, holding her stomach. "Sorry," she adds with a sheepish look, and YN, realizing he may have misstep/ed, quickly looks away, feeling like he might have messed up his first impression.

"I'm sorry as well," YN replies, attempting to diffuse the awkward moment. Wanting to shift the focus, he pulls out his phone and starts editing about his recent encounter. Jira notices the way he's hyped about the experience, observing that he's been rewinding the time when he was face to face with Godzilla.

Curiosity getting the better of her, she leans over and peers at his screen. "What are you working on?" she asks, genuinely interested. "My close call and encounter with Godzilla, and look," YN says, showing his phone to Jira. "Wow, you must be interested in that monster," she replies, a playful smile on her face.

"Yeah, I don't know why but I find it cute," he says, referring to Godzilla. Unbeknownst to him, his comment makes Jira blush, but YN is too focused on the phone to notice the subtle reaction.

"Thanks..." Jira whispers, her words barely audible. YN, catching the faint sound, asks, "Hm? What was that?" Thinking he might have heard something, Jira quickly dismisses it, saying, "Oh, it's nothing! I'm just muttering to myself."

Just in time, the professor walks in, saving Jira from further explanation. The arrival of the professor diverts their attention back to the class, the professor is about to start his class until he stops upon hearing something beating loudly. "Seems like the drummer is testing his drum kit from below," the professor says, and the class agrees unknowingly that it was Jira's.

An hour passes around lunch time, and Jira finds herself grappling with second thoughts about the upcoming date. Uncertainty gnaws at her, and she contemplates canceling, not wanting to lead YN on.

Yet, she also fears being perceived as the type to propose a date only to vanish without a trace. In her dilemma, she reaches for the book of "Dating Advices," hoping for guidance on how to gently turn down the date.

Lost in her thoughts and absorbed in the book's pages, Jira doesn't notice YN approaching until he speaks up. "What 'ya reading?" he asks, catching her off guard. Startled, she unintentionally slams the book shut and instinctively hides it. "Reading!" she replies tersely, avoiding his gaze.

"About?" he presses, curiosity evident in his tone. "Nunya," she retorts without missing a beat.

"Nunya?" YN's confusion is evident, his brow furrowing. "Nunya business," Jira replies curtly, shooing him away with a dismissive wave of her hand, hoping to deflect his inquiries and keep her inner turmoil hidden.

YN is taken aback by Jira's terse response, unsure of what to do next. He can only muster a shy smile, feeling a bit embarrassed by the abrupt exchange. Meanwhile, Jira, feeling a rush of emotions she can't quite understand, blushes madly but is relieved when her admirers unknowingly push YN away, causing him to lose his balance amidst the crowd of girls vying for her attention.

Noticing YN's predicament, Jira quickly gets on her feet. "Are you okay?" she asks, her concern genuine as she ignores the clamoring girls around them. "Y-Yeah, just caught off guard by your fans," YN chuckles nervously, trying to regain his composure. As she extends her hand to help him up, their hands meet, and a sudden jolt courses through her, momentarily shocking her.

Seeing that his hand is germ level dangerous, Jira swiftly grabs him under the armpits and helps him to his feet before speed walking out of the cafeteria, leaving YN bewildered by the sudden turn of events. Unsure of what just happened, he can't help but feel a sense of intrigue and excitement mingled with confusion as he follows Jira, eager to unravel the mysteries surrounding her.

As YN attempts to follow Jira out of the cafeteria, he finds his path blocked by her fervent admirers. Their protective instincts flare up, fueled by the notion that he might corrupt their beloved princess with his presence. Aggressively, they shoo him away, casting glares of disgust his way as if he were nothing but trash unworthy of being in Jira's presence.

YN decides to back off for now and start thinking of what to do, either to review or advance training on archery. Determined to immerse himself in archery, YN makes his way to the equipment room before heading to the archery field.

Inside, he meticulously assembles his compound bow, his fingers moving with practiced ease as he pieces together the familiar components. Sights are unnecessary for him; he relies solely on his hunter's instinct, honed through years of dedication to the craft and after living in the woods since birth with his father.

Once his bow is assembled to his satisfaction, YN slings it over his shoulder and strides out of the equipment room. The archery field beckons, offering him a sanctuary where he can lose himself in the rhythm of drawing the bowstring and releasing his arrows with precision. With each shot, he finds solace, channeling his emotions into the fluid motion of his practiced form.

With the final arrow hitting its mark, YN steps back from the shooting line, satisfied with his performance. He glances at the target and sees that he's scored 10 out of 30, a result that he's content with, considering the circumstances.

Suddenly, he hears clapping and turns to see Jira standing nearby, excitement evident on her face as she applauds his efforts. Surprised by her presence and her enthusiastic response, YN feels a rush of warmth spread through him.

With a grateful smile, YN approaches Jira, feeling a newfound connection between them. "Thanks for the applause," he says, his voice filled with appreciation. Jira returns his smile, her eyes sparkling with admiration.

"That looks fun, can you teach me?" Jira asks in a hopeful tone, her eyes reflecting genuine interest in learning archery. Before YN gets the chance to reply, the sound of the bell rings, indicating the start of afternoon classes.

With a disappointed sigh, Jira glances at the clock and then back at YN. "Looks like we'll have to save it for another time," she says, her voice tinged with regret. "Yeah, definitely. I'd be happy to teach you," he assures her, a smile spreading across his face. "We'll make it happen, I promise."

Jira returns his smile, her spirits lifted by his optimism, "Thank you, my darling." She says out of the blue but YN didn't heard it since he's busy. They gather their belongings and head off to their respective classes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 9.7K 60
π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in π——π—˜π—–π—”π——π—˜π—¦ OR π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire and charle...
129K 3.5K 74
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
136K 5K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
241K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ΰͺœβ€βž΄ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 π‹πˆπŠπ„ .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...