Re Zero : Incarnation

By Croix-Lotus

Louis, whose real name is Iluso Magician Omni Terrera, is a man who, incarnated on earth, will lead a peacefu... More

Prologue
Incarnation 1: Returning after 400 years
Incarnation 2 : Fighting in the slums , then a terrible truth
Incarnation 3 : Meeting with a half-elf - Roswaal Mansion
Incarnation 4 : A difficult situation
Incarnation 5 : Louis' victory
Incarnation 6 : After
Incarnation 7 : The serious things begin
Incarnation 8 : Preparation and reunion
Incarnation 9 : The moment where i failed
Incarnation 10 : To unfold myself.
Incarnation 12 : Louis' true self
Incarnation 13 : Finally
Incarnation 14 : Road to Sanctuary
Incarnation 15 : Don't hide anything from me anymore!
Incarnation 16 : Facing the goalkeeper
Incarnation 17 : The first test: Facing your past.
Incarnation 18 : Contract and Truth
Incarnation 19 : I love you
Incarnation 20 : Garfield's jealousy and hatred
Incarnation 21 : The second test: Seeing an unimaginable present
Incarnation 22 : A lot of unexpected moments.
Incarnation 23 : Reunion between Louis and the witches.
Incarnation 24 : Oousagi and bad omen
Incarnation 25 : The third trial "Confronting a disaster"
Incarnation 26 : Failure and Resurrection
Incarnation 27 : Rest
Incarnation 28 : A new body
Incarnation 29 : Louis : the new knight.
Epilogue

Incarnation 11 : Teachery

18 1 0
By Croix-Lotus

“Felix, wait!”

I don't know why, but Felix runs away from me whereas when he treats me, he is pleasant.  Did he just hear something about... What if... Without wasting time, I call on Beatrice:

“Betty, my Betty, did Felix plant something on me like a spy?”

"Who, Louis-chan? Felix? Why do you ask? Felix-san is not known for such nefarious acts, I suppose. He is a good-hearted and hardworking boy... Are you sure?  Wasn’t that your imagination, Louis-chan?”

She raises her eyebrows innocently, not understanding why I would suspect Felix in the first place.  Ah Betty, you should know that I never trust rumors.

"...That's strange, Louis-chan. What exactly did Felix do you suspect? Surely you didn't think he would do such a thing just because he was avoiding you?  "

She watches with a worried expression, trying to figure out what exactly happened between me and Felix.

"He's known for his good nature and good works, I guess. There's no way he'd do such a thing to you, Louis-chan. He really cares about you."

"Satella was a good person before and that's how I ended up. Until I know the truth, I have to ask her. I've been smelling the snitch ever since it healed my past wounds  . I want to know if he planted it on me or not."

And yes.  Before she became a psychopath whose personality split in two, she was a pleasant person and yet it was not the witch of envy who killed me but her.  Also, I never really get comfortable at Satella.

I told him yes at the time but when you think about it an intelligent person wouldn't ask the person he betrayed to trust him again.  So I said that to test his common sense;  what it ultimately lacks since absorbing the authority of envy.  And again, I blame him while knowing that it's not entirely his fault.

"I see... If that's the case, then asking Felix directly would be a good place to start, I suppose. I'm sure Felix-san cares a lot about you, Louis-chan, and would never dream of betraying  your confidence. Besides, the smell doesn't indicate anything, Louis-chan. Felix-san is the last person you should suspect, I'm sure."

She gives me a reassuring smile and pats your head, wanting to allay my suspicions and worries;  except it doesn't work.

"If the spy was placed by Felix and under Crusch's orders then they know my identity even if I'm supposed to be hiding."

Iluso Magician Omni Terrera.

This name must only be known by the Astrea or the people to whom I reveal this.  If Felix knows it and moreover in a roundabout way it is the worst betrayal for me currently.  Beatricd nods in understanding as I explain my reasoning to her.*

"That makes sense, Louis-chan. But... why would Felix want to spy on you? And why would Crusch allow him to do such a thing? It just doesn't make sense, Louis-chan.  Felix cares about me a lot and Crusch-sama is very trusting of his allies. It just doesn't seem right to suspect Felix or Crusch-sama..."

She tilts her head in confusion, yet unable to understand why he remains so adamant that Felix or Crusch-sama are the culprits.  And yet... My intervention at the selection, the fact that I am the knight of Emilia, the fact that Roswaal knows me and that I am familiar with Reinhard.

"It's a guess because you know very well what will happen if everyone knows that the magician of Iluso Omni Terrera is alive"

She frowns slightly at my words.

"You're right, Louis-chan... If word gets out about your true identity, you will be in danger. But why does that make you believe that Felix or Camp Crusch are to blame?"

"After identifying with Wilhelm, I feel a presence of Felix. However, when I want to talk to him, he runs away"

"Louis-chan, have you considered the possibility that Felix may not be responsible? He is your friend, after all. Maybe he is avoiding you for another reason. What if Felix or  Camp Crusch isn't even involved in this? You shouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly, Louis-chan..."

"It's my identity we're talking about. Wilhelm is an Astrea so I could do it. But if Felix is ​​innocent, then he listened in on our conversation which is just as serious"

"...You're right. I agree with you, Louis-chan. But still, jumping to conclusions and suspecting Felix like that!"

She looks at me with pleading eyes, wanting to avoid if possible a bad outcome between Felix and Crusch Camp.  Then I coldly remove the tracker and there is definitely his mana on it.

"Here is the proof"

"What... a tracker? Felix placed a tracking device on you, Louis-chan...? But... why...?"

Her eyes widen as she sees the truth with her own eyes, feeling a little betrayed by Felix even though she doesn't want to be.

"Uh... uh... Louis-chan, what exactly are you planning to do with this? Camp Crusch can't know about this... it's too dangerous... you  know that..."

She looks at you with a worried expression, wondering if he's going to confront Crusch-sama about the tracking device.

“The alliance with them is broken” I tell him bluntly.  When Crusch and his group came on election day to ask me to help them and Emilia, I saw a chance for her to prove her worth and me to help them out of pleasure.  Now this is how you thank me!

"Louis-chan, please, I'm begging you! We can't break the alliance with Crusch Camp... you know how much they mean to us, and Camp Crusch trusts Felix too  ! What if Félix explained? What if he didn't do what you suspect? You can't jump to conclusions without giving Félix a chance to explain. Please, Louis-chan  , listen for once. We can't break the alliance with Camp Crusch based on suspicion alone. Don't you think you owe Felix an explanation?"  She begs me, trying to find a compromise.

"Okay. But know that he really disappointed me."

"Louis-chan, I know how disappointing this is for you, but please don't let your suspicions about Felix cloud your judgment... Don't you see everything that Felix  did for Camp Crusch and for us? Crusch-sama I will be devastated to hear that we break our alliance, and so will Felix. Why don't you go talk to Felix and let him explain... You have to  give him a chance.”

She tries to be as convincing as possible, because she doesn't want such a bad outcome to happen between our two sides.  I sigh then go to confront him calmly.

Once in front of him, I show him the spy from the front.  Felix turns to me, guilt dripping from his words.

"Louis-chan...I understand why you're upset...and you have every right to be...the snitch was my fault...there's no excuse for my actions..."  Felix takes a deep breath, letting it out slowly as he lowers his head.  “I’m sorry, Louis-chan… I’m so sorry…”   He said with a hint of desperation in his voice.  With tears in his eyes, Félix looks up at me before adding: "I will never betray your trust again..."

Yeah...I know this theory.  You betray her while I leave my wounds to heal.  To think that I wonder if I plan to tell them everything after the end of this battle that the one who is least suspected of stabbing me in the back.

".... Explain sooner why you did that. I know you did it while you were healing me."

Felix lowers his head again, not wanting to meet my gaze, and you do well.  He takes a moment before saying, "I don't know where to start, Louis-chan... I... I'm afraid... so afraid, in fact, that I'll lose you if Camp Crusch finds out about you  true identity… so, well, I took some rather drastic measures…” Felix’s voice is calm as he speaks, the weight of his actions finally beginning to sink deep into his heart.

“Explain yourself now!” I ask him sharply.  I wonder if I should kill him or make him suffer for this betrayal.  No, I will not play this game;  not for a draft anyway.

Felix hesitates, not wanting to upset me even more than he already has.  But he knows he's running out of excuses.  Taking a deep breath, he said, "I placed the bug so I could have information in case they learned your true identity... my hope was to warn you if anything was wrong, Louis-chan  ..." Felix pauses,  his voice full of emotion.  "But I know that's no excuse... I'm completely wrong, Louis-chan... I never should have... I never will... again..."

“Did you take this initiative on your own or did Crusch ask you to?”  I ask him more neutrally.

"Crusch-sama never asked me to do anything like that. And she never did it. I, Louis-chan... I did this on my own..." Felix said miserably  , unable to bring himself to look at me while he speaks.  “I'm so sorry... I was completely wrong, Louis-chan... I will accept any punishment you give... But please... Don't break our alliance with Camp Crusch.  ..”

"Which means you know my identity, right? You just got yourself into the worst shit, Felix" No one allows themselves to search for my identity without facing consequences.

"Yes, Louis-chan, I know that. I know your entire true identity... but, Louis-chan... I will never tell anyone... Not Crusch-sama or Wilhelm...  . I won't say anything.... I won't betray you, Louis-chan... I... I promise you..." Felix speaks passionately, almost desperately, to me, his words ringing with seriousness.

“Do you realize the problem this is going to cause?”  I say with a calmness that actually hides a ticking time bomb.
Felix sighs, his shoulders slumping.

"Yes, Louis-chan... I know that. Camp Crusch, if they found out that you are Magician Iluso Omni Terrera, they would be... disappointed... in you and in me... They might even  break our alliance if they discovered the existence of the snitch..." He trails off, his voice filled with sadness.

"....In that case" I'm about to leave.  "I'll take care of the Hakugei myself."

Felix's eyes widen.

"Louis-chan?! You can't be serious! You can't fight the Hakugei alone! I know I betrayed your trust, but I still wouldn't wish for anything to happen to you... Not even  if you don't trust me anymore..." Felix says, a mix of sadness and panic evident in his voice as he tries to convince me not to do anything rash.

I give him the most sinister look possible "Not a word Felix... Not a word" I don't show it but his gesture really hurt me.  I would have accepted if it was Crusch, even more if it was Wilhelm, but not you Felix.

Felix looks absolutely horrified as Louis' face darkens.  "Louis-chan, please... I'm sorry for what I did... but please don't go alone... I know you don't have  trust me, but I don't want anything to happen to you again... I still care about you, Louis-chan... Please... just let me come..." Felix  pleads desperately, hoping against hope that I will listen to him and consider leaving alone.  Except I'm already gone.

"Louis-chan! Wait! You can't leave! Louis-chan, please!"  Felix chases after me, panic evident in his voice as he tries to grab me and convince me not to go alone.

Except I freeze myself with an extremely powerful spell.  "You're spying on me, listening to information that doesn't concern you and learning who I am while asking me to come with you? Felix, just come and remind me why I'm not killing you right away!"

Seeing that I freeze him in place, Felix can only watch in horror.  He collapses against a tree, ashamed of himself.

"What have I done? Louis-chan is right... I betrayed his trust... not once, but twice now... And now that I have this knowledge, I worry about this  that Wilhelm and Crusch-sama  will think of me if they ever find out...” Felix looks miserable as he looks at the ground.  "I destroyed our alliance, didn't I? Crusch-sama is going to hate me..." Felix sighs deeply, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"It's not my problem anymore. Go see Wilhelm, since he knows my identity. He will know what to do. In the future, until I calm down, don't come near me because even if you  you betrayed me, I will not do it, not having to feel the need to hurt you."

Felix nods solemnly, knowing that I am right to be angry with him.  "Yes... I'm going to find Wilhelm... thank you, Louis-chan..." Felix wipes his tears and gets up  before turning away to leave the forest, to go find Wilhelm.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 911 41
Overworking, underpaid, and frustrated. That is the definition of a certain person named Jack Cooper, an average adult American who is single for lif...
20K 785 22
An Alternative Story of the normal story. Satoru Mikami had died at the age of 37 which had led to his perfect arrival on time to seize the world in...
1.1M 62K 38
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
405K 6.4K 80
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...