Three Hearts Down

By Cosmicisthestars

3rd life collab AU More

WHERE THE FUC-

STOP GOING ONE HEART DOWN

18 2 2
By Cosmicisthestars

We appoligise this took forever both of us are busy

TWs: Swearing, Character Death, Murder, Fire, Burns, Gore, Drowning, Panic, Blood

I squinted against the wind. My boots made loud crunches with each step. “Love! Slow down!” Aax called, he was helping Caspian up a ledge. “Shit, sorry!” I went back and helped my partners. “There should be powdered snow up here somewh-” I was cut off as I fell into a powdered snow patch, sinking up to my waist.

“GODS THAT'S COLD!” I pulled myself out as fast as I could, brushing off the snow. “Well I guess we have powdered snow?” Caspian spoke, using a bucket to scoop up some of the snow. I crouched down and filled my own bucket with snow. The metal was icy against my bare hands, the cold biting at my skin.

“What do we even need the snow for anyways?” Aax asked, filling his own buckets. “I want to have some around just in case. It makes a great trap and we can use it on injuries” We finished collecting the snow in silence. If we were gonna have to fight each other to the death, I at least wanted to be prepared. As much as I don’t want to kill anyone, I know I have too.

A bolt of lightning struck somewhere over the mountains and my communicator pinged. Caspian and Aaxs pinged at the same time. Seven was impaled on a stalagmite. “UHH” Caspian started.

I rapidly typed out a message, praying he would come back like Arisanna did. I breathed a sigh of relief when his name popped up. Just like Arisannas, it was yellow.

Seven: I am alright, do not worry.

Icarus: What the hell happened?!

Ulysses: That may have been me-

Aax: WHAT?!

Ulysses: It was an accident I promise! I had a small dripstone trap setup to catch animals, I didn’t mean to hurt anyone!

Seven: It is okay, Ulysses, I will be okay.

Aax was visibly fuming to my left. “He can’t just get away with that! He killed someone!” Caspian rubbed Aax's shoulder, pulling the Olm to their feet. “It was an accident, and if we find out otherwise, we’ll deal with him” Aax sighed and nodded.

I picked up my bucket and started heading down the mountain. I looked up at the sky, a few stars were already appearing in the fading sunset. As I was watching the sky, I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going. My foot suddenly slipped out from underneath me. I yelped, trying to grab at anything as I slid towards the edge. Snow pressed against my face as I slid. “RAE!” I couldn’t do anything.

I screamed as I slipped over the edge. I fell down, down, down. I couldn’t see any way I was surviving this. The ground was coming closer and closer. Then my vision turned red. Redder than any other red I had ever seen. Redder than roses, Redder than poppies, redder than blood, until I was plunged into darkness.

<~+~>

Rae fell from a high place.

<~+~>

I was already running the second I saw another lightning strike. I checked my comm while I was running. My eyes grew wide as Raes name popped up on the screen. I ran faster, wind whipping past my face as I left the forest and into the main plains. Rae fell from the sky, hitting the bedrock with a thump.

“Rae!” I pulled my brother to his feet and into a hug. My arms held him close to my chest. I folded my wings around him as best I could, trying to block out the rest of the world for a moment. “I-Icarus” His voice cracked, “I was just watching the stars”

I rubbed Raes back gently, “You idiot” My voice wavered, “Please be careful” I held my brother in a hug for a while longer, the torches around spawn holding back the creatures of the night. Rae looked up at me with tear soaked cheeks. Yellow tendrils squirmed under the surface of the purple side of his face. His usually green eye of ender was no longer green with yellow highlights.

It was yellow with red highlights. His arm was missing a heart as well. Another lightning bolt struck and a familiar Telchin fell from the sky with a yelp.

Ulysses suffocated in a wall.

The comms blew up again, Ulysses’ name flashing across the screen. The Telchin pulled himself to his feet, brushing himself off. His belt had changed colours, going from green to yellow. The three hearts on his arm had dropped to just two. “Ulysses? What got you?” “I was underground and got caught in a cave collapse-” He was cut off by another lightning strike.

My feet pounded against the stone flats, the buckets of snow having already been shoved into my inventory. Aax followed close behind me. Our communicators had notified us that both Ulysses and Easton had died after Rae.

“Caspian! Aax!” Rae was just emerging from the treeline. Tears blurred my vision as I leapt into his arms. “Rae!” Aax joined our group hug. Tears soaked into fabric as we embraced. “I… Uh-” I stepped back to look up at Rae, “What's wrong- oh” I looked at the end side of his face. The yellow tendrils and his eye, no matter how unsettling and wrong they were, still managed to make Rae look even more beautiful.

“You look so handsome” I whispered, taking one of his hands in mine, “You look absolutely perfect” Aax hummed in agreement, leaning into Rae's side. “Now lets get back to our cave that we call a house before it gets dark again” Rae sighed, “Its gonna be a house soon-” “Baby its still a cave” I started walking in the direction of the cave house.

“I swear to the gods- I love you”

“I love you”

“I love you”

<~+~>

“So where exactly are we going?” Athena asked, leaning on their crutch for a moment to rest. I adjusted my mask, “You wanted to try and get to the nether right? I could see light from the other side of the river and I think its a lava pool” Athena nodded and started walking again, Jamie keeping an eye on them as we made our way through the not crutch friendly terrain.

The river came into view, a gentle and babbling one with a trail of stepping stones across it. “Perfect!” Jamie exclaimed, taking a step onto the first stone. Athena followed behind their partner and I brought up the rear. The crossing was going smoothly until I heard a click.

“What was that?” Jamie looked at me in horror, before looking down at the pressure plate they’d stood on. The plate blended in perfectly with the stone. The sound of rushing water began filling my ears. I looked up the river to see a large wave racing down towards us.

“GET OFF THE ROCKS” I shouted, trying desperately to get Athena and Jamie off the stepping stones before the wave hit. But it was no use. I looked up as the water crashed on us. I was thrown off the rock and sucked into the water's cruel embrace. I thrashed wildly, trying to reach the surface.

I opened my eyes, seeing Jamie and Athena being dragged past. My breath escaped in a swarm of bubbles, being replaced by water. I screamed into the river, being dragged across the river bed. Stars began dancing in my vision along with bolts of red.

Athena's now lifeless body was pinned against a rock, melting away slowly. Jamie was caught in a bunch of weeds, the life draining from them as fast as my own. I began feeling very calm, accepting that I was about to die for the first time. My vision flashes red once more before it sinks into black.

<~+~>

Athena drowned.

Will drowned.

Jamie drowned.

<~+~>

I sat quietly in the plains right next to spawn, watching the bees lazily hop from flower to flower. Three strikes of lightning ripped through the air. My comm pinged rapidly, three pings to be exact. I glanced at the screen and yelped, leaping to my feet and looking up to the sky.

Three figures plummeted down. All of them were yelling as they fell. Once they hit the ground, Jamie immediately pulled Athena into their arms. Will stood off to the side, shaking. I walked over and put an arm around his shoulder. “It was my fault… I should’ve gone across first- I-” I rubbed Wills shoulder, waiting for Seven and Galahad to come and get him, once they did I went to sit back down again, only to be interrupted by another strike.

Icarus was slain by Skeleton.

The alchemist landed with a thump, their potion bottles now all yellow.

“Well damn”

<~+~>

“I’m actually planning a murder” “Chaos what-” I dodged Chaos swing. “Just let me kill you! Ven asked for me to do it, let me kill you!” “Wha-” I dodged another swing pulling out a potion and throwing a harming potion at Chaos hitting both of us in the process but Chaos being low enough it kills her almost instantly.

I watched in horror as Chaos crumbled to the ground, the potion eating away at her flesh as she writhed in pain. Soon they grew still, foaming at the mouth. I flinched back from the lightning strike.

Chaos was killed by Centross using magic.

I drank some milk to stop the potion effects on myself before I dropped to the ground next to where she’d died. Scorch marks ripped across the ground from the lightning, a few splatters of the potion ate at the grass. “Chaos” I sobbed, “Chaos I’m so sorry” My communicator was pinging like crazy. Rapid footsteps pounded the ground behind me.

“Centross!?” Ocie yelled, “What did you do?!” I wrapped my arms around my head, my breath coming quickly. “I- I didn’t mean to, I didn’t mean to, I didn’t mean to-” I was cut off by Rae pulling me into a hug. “I’m a monster-” “You're not a monster Centross” He soothed. I looked over to Ocie, “Seabreeze…” Ocies previously angry exterior dropped, replaced by hurt. “Ocie!”

Chaos came running into the clearing, “Don’t be mad at Centross!” She fretted. “What do you mean?” Chaos leant against their cane, tired from the run. “Ven… he paid me to kill Centross because they didn’t feel safe” Ocie stared back at Chaos, their hands shaking. “Ocie” Aax said cautiously. Ocie suddenly ran in the direction of the Book Trio camp without another word.

“Ocie! Ocie stop!” I called, chasing after my friend. By the time I caught up to her she was already chasing Ven away from his camp, screaming at them. Ven picked up the pace, running straight into the nether portal, vanishing into the swirling purple mist. Ocie followed, still yelling at Ven. I stepped into the portal, I couldn’t let Ocie go alone. I felt nauseous as I was sucked into the fiery dimension.

It took me a second to pull myself together before I began chasing after Ocie. “Ocie please!” Ven wailed, scrambling over a fortress wall and into the mob ridden structure. A loud screech ripped through the air. I spun around and was met with a large white creature that slightly resembled a jell. Long tentacles gripped the side of the fortress, keeping the beast in place.

I backed away slowly in fear, drawing my axe. “Ocie?! Ven?!” I called out, keeping my eyes trained on the beast. The creature's eyes snapped open, shining in a shade of bright red. Its mouth opened wide and I could see a fireball forming. I didn’t even have time to think as the large flaming ball hit me. It threw me backwards, throwing me down the stairs of the fortress.

I screamed in pain, still tumbling down the stairs while actively on fire. I fell into a room that was filled with hot, orange flames. Fire licked up my limbs, scorching my skin. The flames pressed harsh kisses along my neck, trailing up my jawline. I threw my head back in a scream, my hair alight with orange.

I tried to get up, run, or do anything. But the flames held me down. Pinning my body to the floor with its strong hands, sucking every last drop of energy from my veins. My vision began to fade quickly, my screams weakening as I saw flashes of red coming faster and faster. I let out one last cry before my vision went black.

<~+~>

“-please!” I pressed Ven against the wall of the fortress with my sword pressed to his throat. “Ocie please! Don’t kill me!” He sobbed. “Why should I? It's your fault Chaos lost a life!” “I was just scared!” Ven wailed as I pressed my sword closer to his throat.

“Stop it! Please!” I suddenly felt a potion bottle shatter into my chest. I reeled backwards, hitting the wall on the opposite side of the fortress hallway. I clutched my throat. “F-FUCK” I screamed, collapsing to the ground. Red flashed across my vision. My body convulsed on the fortress floors, foam spilling from my mouth.

I could see Vens shoes just across from me. “Ocie I-” He shuffled from side to side before bolting. I could hear his fading footsteps as he vanished into the fortress. Then, I saw black.

<~+~>

Aax went up in flames.

Ocie was killed by Ven using magic.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.8K 1.7K 33
𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡, Victoria Perez goes to the love island villa to find love.
382K 12.1K 88
"I have a secret, a well-kept secret for the last almost seven years. The real reason why I went into hiding." After years in a complicated relatio...
795K 29.5K 97
𝐀 π’πŒπ€π‹π‹ 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐓: you are going to die. does this worry you? βͺ tua s1 ⎯⎯⎯ 4 ❫ Β© π™΅π™Έπš…π™΄π™·πš‡πšπ™Άπšπ™΄π™΄πš…π™΄πš‚...
2.1M 57.7K 95
On the twelfth hour of October 1st, 1989, 43 women gave birth. It was unusual as none of them had been pregnant since the first day they started. Sir...