WHEN THE STARS ALIGNED / A Ma...

By ShiroandSou

Time, something exempt from the shackles of nature, it is independent, curious and ever-changing. It almost n... More

INTRODUCTION
CHARACTERS¹
CHARACTERS²
PROLOGUE
1: Madhavi and Shivanya
2. To meet new family
3. Bitter, Butter, Better
4. The Return
5. It's all Fun and Drama
6. Thank God I can sing
7. Confessions and Curiosity
8. Competition of words
9. How the turns have tabled I
11. "Am I a Disney Princess?"
12. The final showdown (literally)
13. Won but at what cost?
14. The great announcement(s)
15. Dropped a bomb (or a son?)
16. Jumping into fire
17. The trap and the comeback

10. How The Turns Have Tabled II

290 22 6
By ShiroandSou

Prakriti was pushed back slightly at the impact of the Indraputra's attack. She attacked with her own arrow which he narrowly missed. The falguni was sweating just as much as Prakriti, whose brows were furrowed in frustration.

"Give up, Rajkumari." Arjun mocked, trying to distract his opponent. A cunning smirk rode up to Prakriti's peach lips, "Never."
They started to walk in a circular motion, as if waiting for the other two try and prey on them and they could attack as an element of surprise.

Arjun's eyes were trained on her hands that held the bow in its place, the string stretched ever so slightly. He had indeed disregarded the Yadavi's talent when it came to archery, no questions asked, his humility was knocked and ego was crushed as he slowly realised he indeed wasn't the best when it came to archery, best was a heavy word and he realised neither did he like bearing it nor could he let go of it, human life wasn't the easiest, it was hard to let go of desires and wants.
His movements became fast as he saw her hand twitch, he pulled his arrow back before it was in the air, whizzing towards the smirking princess who let go of hers which went up in the air, destroying his own, midway.

Can you really defeat a student/relative of MahaVishnu himself, Kaunteya?

Arjun huffed, the defeat was second in a row, he wondered if he was even capable enough to fight against Panchala.

"Don't worry about this, Indraputra. I use observation and agility to my plus point, you did win the previous round, did you not? Most men tend to use feelings more than brain while attacking, so don't worry. Win against Panchala will be an easy one." Prakriti waved him off.

Subhadra smiled with pride, hugging her younger sisters. Yogmaya wasn't aware of her reality but yet she still loved her bestfriend the same way she did in her heavenly abode.

"Bhrata Arjun?" A voice called out hessitantly.

"Vikarna." Arjun nodded.

"We will be leaving soon, I think you should join the rest of you brothers. Also, Yadav Kumari Madhavi, Shivanya requests your presence." Vikarna nodded before leaving.

"Kumar Arjun?" Prakriti called, the said man turned to look at her.

"I'd be honoured if you would call me by my name. I think we can consider each other friends." Her eyes had a glint of mischief, similar to the one of her brother's.

"Then you must do the same....Madhavi?" Arjun said hessitantly, the name said casually was not a habit.

"Gladly, Sakha Arjun." Prakriti smirked, "but as it seems, I might have to call you Jijashree soon." She said lowly as she passed him. Arjun flushed red, thanking his darker skin tone as his shy eyes met Shubhadra's confused ones.

"You think this would work out?" Niyati said, feeling nervous all of a sudden.

"As long as you're on a path of righteousness, I'm sure everything would work out, Niyu." Prakriti patted her back.

"What if things change? I can't let them capture the Kauravas brothers and Pandavas act as the knight in shining armours, I mean no offense to them but that would lead to birth of more envy." Niyati sighed as Prakriti fastened her hair tightly. Although they were leaving for war, Niyati didn't have any protective covering over her clothes. She had fastened a belt around her hips to secure her sword and daggers. Except of normal skirt like antariya, her antariya was pleated into a dhoti, making it accessible for horse riding.

"Do what you think is good. Don't worry your little brain so much." Prakriti chuckled.
"Wh-"

"Shivanya." She heard Adityaketu, one of her brothers, call her, "we're leaving soon." Niyati nodded before leaving the armory room. At the entrance of the castle stood all of her family. She bent to take blessing of her mother who blessed her before holding her face with a frown, "please return safe, Putri. I must not see one single scratch on you."

"Don't worry, Mata. She'll be out of danger at all times. All of her hundred brothers would make sure of that." Duryodhan said, standing behind his sister. Niyati pressed her lips, sighing. "Yes, mata. Don't worry." She smiled at her mother before bending to take her father's blessing.

"Putri....Do not go out of the tent okay? Stay with the senapati at all times." He said, holding her face. Niyati nodded in slight annoyance.

She then greeted both Pitamaha Bhishm and Vidura for blessings.

"Vijayi Bhava, Putri." Vidur smiled, knowing very well that there must some particular reason for the girl to go with the princes. Niyati smiled brightly, afterall Kakashree Vidura was her favourite in the whole family, he understood her like no one did, and he was the only one to treat her not like a damsel-in-distress but an actual warrior leaving to fight. Bhishm too blessed her.

Then she greeted Guru Dron who gave her a look of reluctance but sighed with a smile after making eye contact with her. No wonder another one of her names is Mrignayani, nobody could look into her eyes and feel displeased by the doe eyes of the girl.
"My blessings are with you, putri."

Then she greeted Rajmata Kunti who stood at a side, "Choti Maa." She smiled.
"Bijayi Bhava, Putri. I hope, just like always, you'll make sure all the princes of Kuruvansh, return in peace. Afterall, you are the adhesive holding them together." She blessed. Dusshala who stood next to the Rajmata gave her sister a worried look, "do you really need to leave, Shivu? I'm sure-"

"Don't worry so much, Jiji. I'll come back with souvenirs." Said the girl with a goofy smile. Dusshala gave her an exparated look making Prakriti chuckle. Both Subhadra and her hugged the girl, hoping for her safe return. After the long shared goodbyes the 105 princes, Angraj Karn and the lone prince descended down the stairs to mount on their horses and leave the castle premises.

The the footsteps of all the horses combined caused a roaring a sound as they rode out of the city and into the forest. Ashwatthama was leading everyone while right behind him was Guru Dron with Yudhishthir and Duryodhan on both his sides. Behind them were the Kauravas and Pandavas mixed up. Niyati was somewhere in between, keeping an eye around her, sharp eyes taking in the area carefully.

"Rajkumari Shivanya?" Niyati turned to find Karna looking at her with curious eyes. "Only Shivanya please, Bhratashree. My brother's friend is automatically my brother aswell." She nodded, still quite hostile with the man. It was ironic how she could forgive the sins committed by her brothers but not Karn. Afterall, doing something bad knowing that it'll bring bad karma was beyond worse. She did calm herself by thinking that he didn't do anything, yet.

"Shivanya....why do you look so tense?" He asked.

"There are spies hidden here. I saw one get out of the soil." Shivanya informed, "Can you please go and inform this to Bhrata Arjun?" She requested, mischief in her eyes that was missed by Karn who gave her a hesitant look.

"This enemity between you both is as childish as my enemity with bitter gourd." Niyati shook her head, moving forward to do the work herself.

"Bhrata Arjun, Bhrata Dusshashan." Niyati called. Both of them turned to look at her as she neared her horse beside theirs.

"There are spies of Panchala hidden around here. On the ground and behind the shrubs. I don't know who told them that they could getaway with sticking leaves to their head but yes." Niyati informed. Arjun's sharp eyes looked around finding out that her words were true. He gave her a grateful nod. Dusshashan smiled with pride at realising his sister'r observation overpowered Arjun's.

"Maharaja Drupad ki Jaye ho." (All Hail, King Drupad.) The spy greeted.
The king waved his hand, " what news have you brought, Guptachar." He asked.

"The kuru princes have neared the borders of Panchala. Probability is that they would settle near the outskirts. All the one hundred and five brothers are advancing, armed. Alongside them is Acharya Dron, his son and Angaraj Karn." The spy informed.

"Angaraj?" Drupad asked in hessitance, "why is he with them?"

"Apparently Maharaj he is a close friend of the Kaurav Jyesth Duryodhan." Informed a courtier.

"He is coming as an advisor and strategist alongside Kuru Kanisht Rajkumari Shivanya." The spy informed.

"Their strategist .....is a girl?" Drupad's father scoffed. "how shamelessly they try to copy us, atleast Shikhandini is a warrior."

Shikhandini looked away with a frown, "Putri, tomorrow, when they attack, you will lead the soldiers, as my commander." Drupad ordered.

"Yes, pitashree." She nodded.

"Yes, yes, only reveal your identity when you find it hard to face them. If great warriors, they would never raise their weapons against a woman." Drupad's father smirked.

"But that is foul play, Pitamaha." Satyajit, the crown prince of Panchala gaped.

"Satyajit, fair play doesn't always gift you wins, Putra." Drupad smirked. Shikhandini at that moment felt used, they were only sending her because she was a woman, they didn't think that she could actually fight the princes. After all these years of hardwork...

As the tents were settled for everyone to stay in the Kauravas and Pandavas started to separate.

"Wait! Wait! Where do you think all of you are dispersing off to?" Niyati groaned, standing close to the map that had to have their attack plan.

"To plan the attacks ofcourse." Answered one of the Kauravas. Niyati smacked her forehead. She nodded at Angaraj Karn who neared her.

"Separately?" She asked as if she didn't already know.

"Ofcourse. We will defeat Drupad before them." Duryodhan grunted, throwing a glare at the Pandavas.

"We're not interested to fight alongside you either." Bheem gritted out.

"And that would help you, how?" Niyati asked, folding her hands over her chest, "this is a war, princes, not a child's play!"
The princes flinched at her yell. At that moment she was not their sister but their war strategist.

"We both did come to help you- and no, before you say you do not need anyone's help, Bhrata Arjun, you do. Both me and Bhratashree Karn were students of Bhagwan Parashuram, who in turn, was the teacher of PanchalRaj Drupada. During learning he often spoke of his former students' qualities and tactics, and I'm sure he did the same with Angaraj." She stopped as Karn nodded in agreement. "Hence, we know much more about his possible plans than you all combined. Hence act maturely. This is an attack plan not a competition to show how great you are." Niyati's Stern eyes glared mostly at her brother but not before throwing the Pandavas a look aswell. "You're doing this to honour your guru, hence no foolish monkey business should go on between both of the groups." Niyati's stern leader like voice almost scared them, it would've if they didn't know she was the youngest present.

Guru Dron, watching from a distance nodded with a satisfied smile, knowing the princes were in good hands before leaving.

Both Yudhishthir and Duryodhan stepped forward.

"Drupad's biggest skill is his illusionist ability." Karn informed.

"Yes, he can create multiple versions of himself, cloning so minutely that you can barely differentiate." Niyati added.

"Other than that, he tends to be very skilled at forming chakravyuhs, hence, people skilled at those must be at lead." Karna nodded. Arjun looked up to nod at Niyati who rolled her eyes at his hostility.

Niyati look the figurines of soldiers to form a formation of their attack.

"If we suppose they attack first. We need our swords men at front, it'll be easier to eliminate the initial advancing soldiers." Niyati pointed out. Vikarna, Vivitsu and Nakul nodded.

"You reckon they know of the attack?" Asked Bheem.

"Ofcourse. Unlike you all, Shivanya had noticed spys around her as we left." Dusshashan boasted.

"I'm sure Kumar Sahadev and Bhrata Yudhishthir noticed aswell." Niyati waved them off focusing on the figurines.

"After the swordsman should be the mace bearers. Forming an advancing arrow head shape together would be best to startle the next wave of soldiers. Crushing anyone on the way and giving a barbaric attack strong enough to distract them from their own strategy." Karn added. Bheem and Duryodhan both held their maces tighter.

"I want Bhrata Bheem and Bhrata Duryodhan both at the front, clearing anyone in your vicinity. And Bhrata Dusshashan?" Niyati called, the said man looked at her in question, "you'll be with the swords men aswell. That's your natural ability, don't force into mace fighting, we can't risk it."

"Next must be the spear holders along with Archers. If the situation comes where after a small group of soldiers there is a Chakravyuh, someone skilled with chakravyuh must lead immediately and behind him must be spear holders and Archers sequentially. Archers can cause an upward attack." Karn pointed out.

"Yes, the chakravyuh must be lead by Bhrata Arjun. Bhrata Yudhishthir and Bhrata Virendra, you both would a sideward group to eliminate anyone on the two sides of the vyuh. Possibility is Drupad would be in the center. The rest of the fighters, mostly the axe bearers and swordsman shall attack diagonally, defending the vyuh enterers, making sure no one reforms the demolished vyuh." Niyati instructed.

Everyone nodded, "If you want to win this, you need to co-operate and work together. Your person lives may not allow you to be civil but this not personal this is both for hoh Guru and people. The dacoits of Panchala border had tormented our people enough, it's time they learn a lesson." Niyati nodded.

"It it is necessary, you must consult with each other and reconsider formations. Be confident in you skills-"

"Not too confident, overconfidence is a cause of death." Niyati added within Karna's speech. "Yes that too." Karna sighed, "It is best to listen to each other. Be sure of your actual skills."

"Yes, accepting orders once in life wouldn't end the world. I better not see any of you in trouble because you did something stupid." Niyati sighed.

"Bhrata Duryodhan, keep in you formation and please, I mean please do not take lead impulsively." Niyati gave a look that read, 'you know why I am saying this'. Duryodhan huffed.

Niyati kept the intrusion of Shikhandini as the commander a secret.

"Look at this brother of mine, so excited about laddoo and was talking about letting go of material desires." Yudhishthir laughed.

Karn looked fairly amused as he sat with his Mitra and his younger brother and sister.

"Isko Khane ke vagair aur kisi chiz ki chinta hai ke nahi?" Dusshashan gaped, (does he ever worry about things that is not food?) Referring to Bheem.

"Let him be. I understand his point of view." Niyati heaved a dreamy sigh.

"As if you eat as much as him."

"It's the love for sweets, you donkey!"

"Did you just call your own brother- a donkey?!" Dusshashan shrieked. The oldest shook his head looking at Karn to gain help.

"Kids." Karn patted their shoulders as they sat on both sides of him.

Ashwatthama looked like he was deep in thought, "Shivanya....you missed a point in the strategy." He muttered.

"Hmm?" Niyati frowned.

"Drupad's Senapati....they say he cannot die. It's something related to a boon in his previous life, he cannot die until it is fulfilled. So before we reach Drupad, we have to face him. How will we do that?" Ashwatthama asked.

"If you cannot kill, you can atleast capture." Karn said thoughtfully. "He'd be an advantage if kept out of the war field."

Niyati nodded, well that he is a she. She thought. Ya'll will need me. She pressed her lips together from smiling.

"But was it necessary? For us to fight alongside those Pandavas?" Dusshashan asked in slight disgust.

"It'll be a fools work to not do so. Their involvement will help you reach Drupad faster. All of them are impeccable warriors and you'll need all the help you can-" Karn said turning towards the oldest Kaurava, "not because you cannot do it yourself....but because it will be faster that way."

Niyati sighed, "and because this is your guru dakshina....from all one hundred and five of you. Hence all of you have to fight together. Also this is Hastinapur against Panchala, no opposing Kingdom shall know that the brothers of the kuru Kingdom are not united as one, they'll use it against us. All of you together will be a force to be reckoned with....and no one would gain or loose anything so please, I request you all to act mature and civil and fight alongside each other. Both you and Bhrata Yudhishthir have been made the Senapatis, act that way, act responsible."  She said before leaving the men to themselves. Walking behind the sides of the tent she saw the Pandavas preparing their weapons and cleaning them. She heard loud chuckles and laughs, the stark contrast from her conversation with her brothers. She sighed, praying to the almighty to not let her efforts go down the drain. She was snapped out of her thoughts as she saw slight movement to right. Her hands instinctively reached the small dagger tucked within her garments. She carefully walked towards the place, eyes careful of any possible danger. As she neared the area an arrow whizzed past her, slightly grazing the skin of her arm before hitting a tree behind her. With a swift movement she threw a dagger at the spy who was listening onto their planning.

"What was that?" Arjun asked standing behind her as he heard the the man's groan at Niyati's dagger hitting him.

"Spy. He is injured, tie him up and tell the extra soldiers to keep an eye on him." Niyati ordered before going inside the tent that was solely for her.

+++

A/n
I don't know shit about fighting strategies of those time😨😨 so imagine the cool stuff yourself guyz.

We've seen badass prakriti fighting against Arjun, now we will see the badass niyati fighting ya'll (in the next chapter.)

Drupad needs to be humbled for real🤡

Alsooo, do y'all want Shikhandini to k word Pitamaha or add a twist to it?😨

Anyways, both the authors will be a bit busy for 2-3 weeks from mid February till  somewhere till mid March due to examinations so please bear with us dear readers.

Thanks for reading,
Shiro and Sou.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 90 10
Time traveling has always been a fascination for everyone. Although scientists are trying to figure out if time traveling is possible or not, yet not...
12.6K 570 14
Time travel of a 21st century girl to Mahabharat Ara. She is here to change kuru princes destiny. She is calm, she is different, she is just like shr...
3.3K 142 9
"I know , I failed ! I failed to protect you!!" He said. "But, can you give me a chance to prove myself!" He urged. She remained silent! Silent like...
Eclipsed By Wricaso

Historical Fiction

104K 6.2K 67
Aahana A normal girl turned into a samragyi A daughter turned into a wife A wife turned into a mother From being brother less, she turned into a sis...