In Your Eyes // Steve Rogers

By xxwinterschildxx

[based on Marvel's Captain America: The Winter Soldier; Avengers: Age of Ultron; Captain America: Civil War... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
28
29
30
31
32
33
Fourth of July (And a Surprise Birthday)
Possible Recruit
Pietro
Peggy-- 1
Peggy-- 2
Training Day
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
Home
Who Is Stephen Strange?
What is The Eye of Agamotto?
Inside the New York Sanctum
Very Strange After All
Staten Island Ferry
Under the Control of the Time Stone
The Eye of Agamotto Broken
Long Awaited Answers
When Life Starts to Make Sense
A Surprise From Space
Another Reunion
Clara Blake: Mediator
Space Invaders
Performance Issues
Dream Team
With Great Power
Space Travel
Landing on Titan
Allies Against Thanos
C & S
Doomsday Instructions
Back to Basics
Insect Lessons
Endgame
Wakanda vs Aliens
The Snap
Aftermath
The End of His Path
Searching For Answers
The World Behind
Far Beyond Earth
Love Requited
Stolen Moments
Heart & Soul
Stay
Five Years Later
In the Stars
Rare Sense of Belonging
Ant-Man Returns
Time Travel Test
One Step Closer
One Shot to Win
The Power Inside
Back to the Future
The Snap 2.0
Avengers Assemble
She's Not Alone
His Final Fight
Together Again
Kiss Me Once
To See You Again
My Love, My Life
Goodbye, Earth

27

54.1K 2.2K 1.6K
By xxwinterschildxx

Panting, sweating, and repeatedly swearing under my breath, I kicked robot ass until the swarm of Ultron's robots ended. Swallowing a robot within a portal, I swung it to Steve to kick another through,  then I collapsed to my knees.

"You okay?" wondered Steve. He was out of breath himself, though not half as hard as I was.

Between breaths, I said, "God, this is..."

"Insane," chimed Barton, "You need some help, Clara?"

"Barton," I warned.

"Right," he said, "Just call if you need me."

"I'll make a bird call."

A minor absence of attackers gave me a few seconds to catch my breath. I tied my hair into a ponytail. I ran my hands over my face, clearing the debris and the sweat above my brow.

Hands fell into my vision. "We've got incoming," warned Steve.

Side by side, we waited for the robots to reach us.

Excluding the embarrassing panting, and the two times a nervous, "Oh, jeez," came from my mouth, I was more than capable of defending myself against the second wave.

Near the end, I kicked the knee of a robot, snapping it clean off. Unable to walk, about to fall, the robot used his last balance to throw his body at my own.  I tried to duck. No impact occurred. Looking back, I saw the robot in pieces on the ground.

A little speedster named Pietro had disbanded the robot for me. Faster than my eye could see, he swept past me, winked, then sped away again.

With a last grunt, Steve broke the head off of a robot, ending the swarm. 

Before I could mention Pietro's impressive save, said boy yelled, "Incoming!" over our earpieces.

"Incoming what?" I asked, turning on my heel quickly.

His face was inches from mine, a smirk on his lips. "Incoming me."

"You know, you're quite annoying."

"So I have been told."

"Cap, Blake, four blocks West from you, mass of civilians. Robots closing in," warned Tony.

Seeing as Steve was in charge of authorizing the mission, Pietro and I looked to him for direction.

"Go," he said, "Take Maximoff with you."

Pietro held out his arms.

Raising my hand, I said, "Portals are faster."

"I have to disagree," he said thoughtfully.

I nodded, my eyebrows raised in debate. "We'll have to test it when this is over."

"Deal," agreed Pietro, chuckling. His arms wiggled, reinstating his offer. "Want a ride, Portals?"

Suspiciously watching our interaction, Steve muttered, "Watch it."

"You heard him, Sonic," I said, curling my fingers, "I'm taken."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 2.8K 41
ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʟᴀꜱᴛꜱ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ [2] ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴊᴀᴍᴇꜱ ᴄᴏᴍᴇꜱ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴇʟʟ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ʀɪᴅᴇ. ᴡɪʟʟ ʜᴇ ᴀʟʟᴏᴡ ʜɪᴍꜱᴇʟꜰ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴀʟʟ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴄᴇ...
14.1K 300 27
This is Book 1 out of 8 or 9 Based on Captain America: The First Avenger YN born 1920, December 18 I do not own Marvel characters!!! I only own YN. M...
236K 6.1K 65
(Book 1 out of 2) "Who's crueler than a killer?" He is the Winter Soldier. She is everything people are scared of. And white is tainted with darknes...
30.4K 2.1K 24
━━ ⦗white flag! ⦘ ❝ i suppose when you can't fight for yourself, all you can do is fight for others...