𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐁𝐄...

By Sheewholoved

Khwahish never believed in the romanticized notions surrounding marriage. To her, it was nothing more than a... More

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 O2 I a night to not remember
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 O3 I you aren't any different
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 O4 I good mornings or morning...

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 O1 I a new home?

1.7K 108 123
By Sheewholoved

oukiee first chapter dedicated to the one who made the very first comment i recieved on TFLB!!! isaidluvv thank youuuu sooo sooo much for the support you showed, love!!! it really means the world!!!

(i'll definitely mention all you lovies who have been supporting me and share your lovely comments! thank you all my loves!!!)

jaana, tumko, jaana ho toh, matt aana

-•❅•-

-•❅•-

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 O1 : a new home

"Can you stop freaking out like you're some just married woman or something, already!" I put the phone away from my ears, scrunching my eyes at the loud decibels that screamed through the speakers. 

"I mean, technically... shouldn't I be?" The meek voice of reason within me attempted to counter.

"What!? Woman NO! It's been three years already, for fucks sake!" 

Well. Right.

"Yeah, I get that but-"

"Wish, people date for literally 2 weeks in a long distance and even they are ten times less awkward than you! Like c'mon! You're married to that guy!" I could practically feel the frustration from the other side, burn my ears.

"Yeah but, it's different you know... between us... like-"

"Just because you haven't had sex?"

"No!" I quickly covered the speaker with my palm, like a teenager who was scared her parents would hear the words sex from the other side, 

Yes, In case you're wondering, I am the dramatic type.

"I mean yes, but no! Like- different because, we-we haven't really ever... lived together you know..." 

"No, from what I remember you two were together the first few weeks of your marriage and-"

"And then he went back to the US while I got a job in Canada, yes! But you're completely missing the point that we were staying at his parent's place and that we had people around! Like actual humans who would talk and keep us both busy, so we didn't really have to see each other a lot, forget interacting!" 

"But you guys would meet twice a year, at least!" There she goes with her pessimism. 

"Exactly, just! That's like at max 10 times in thousand and sixty-five days!"

"And you'd talk on call every day,"

"Are you serious, D? You know what we talked about and how long! It's like a minute at max per day!"

"That's roughly 6.08 hours," She stated making me groan as I cursed under my breath,

"In a year! A year that's basically 6.08 in-" Moving my phone away from my ears I quickly googled "- eight thousand, seven hundred and sixty hours, for fuck's sake!"

I could practically hear her roll her eyes at me "There's no way you calculated that your little brain would suffer from brain damage if it could take that much math-"

"Don't! Don't change the subject!"

"Well, what do you want me to do? Tell you how you can't always stay in a long-distance marriage? Like girl, you really don't want no action in your life or what!?"

I groaned, hand running through my hair,

"It's not about se-"

"Khwahish?"

Whipping my phone off my ears, I quickly turned on my heel, my neck snapping in the direction of the voice as an excessively loud,

"Jee!" (Yes!) escaped my mouth.

I swear, theater was not the influence my already loud vocals needed. 

For a moment I didn't miss the taken aback expression that plastered upon his face. His face, god his face. 

As much as I hated to say it, I think I missed the peculiar allure in the blankness that often cloaked his face mixed with the sharpness that always graced his gaze

I heard him clear his throat. His perfect light brown eyes widening and the muscles on his jaw popped out a bit.

"Sorry um, I knocked bu-"

"Oh! You shouldn't!" I quickly shook my head, "I-I mean it's your room, after all," A small awkward chuckle escaped my lips.

This is so not helping,

He didn't say anything, instead, his eyes just kept staring into mine, as he simply looked down at the ground before looking back at me, with the straightest of faces possible. 

"It's yours, as much as it's mine." 

For a moment I could almost hear my heart beat right beside my ears as I passed him the slightest of smiles I could muster with trembling consciousness. 

His eyes roamed around for a moment, legs slightly crossing one in front of the other, as one of his hands rested on the doorknob of the door he held so widely open, while the other, was inside the pocket of his grey sweatpants. 

And my eyes?

Well, they just followed his actions, trying their best to not notice the way the muscles on his arms flexed while he did whatever he was doing.

Stop being a creep, Wish!  I mentally reminded myself, looking away.

"Settled?" Oh how, I'm so used to his one-word questions.

"Yeah," I smiled "All done," I replied looking towards the walk-in closet,

"Not to sound snobbish, but I had always wanted a walk-in closet you know," I chuckle shaking my head,

What? I'm just being honest! And I had already vomited about something absolutely unnecessary before my brain could stop my mouth from doing that!

"I know," 

His voice brought me back and this time I couldn't help but pass him the most genuine smile I could muster. 

I was proud of him. 

Two years back, when he wanted to quit his job and get full-time into his own start-up (which I didn't have any idea about), I didn't for once feel as though it wasn't something I shouldn't be supportive of. Back when all of his family, my family were busy passing their own judgments on how one shouldn't be throwing away their stability, this man right here had taken it all on himself, not to prove them wrong, but to prove himself right.

And oh how he did.

"Dinner at 8?" He asked making me look at the clock, which currently read 7:33 p.m.

It had been almost 5 hours since I had landed in India, and precisely 4 hours 2 minutes since I had for the very first time, stepped foot into what's 'supposedly' my home now.

"Sure, I'll just freshen up?"

Let's just say I'm not the type to just come home and get cleaned as soon as possible and then move on to doing my chores, I'm more of a 'doesn't matter how worn out I am, I'm gonna clean the shit around me up and then clean myself' so I guess that almost explains what I had been doing for the past 3 hours 25 minutes after which I decided to go ahead and call my dear dear best friend and nag about my day.

Which she clearly didn't let me.

Crossing my arms in front of me, I gave him one last smile to which he nodded before closing the door behind him.

God,

Looking around the all soft white painted walls I simply shook my head before grabbing my fresh clothes and undies which I had taken out a while ago and jumped into the washroom.

Nothing helps better than a hot shower when you're super tired. Trust me.

. . .

Sliding into an oversized grey t-shirt with a pair of black joggers, I gave one last look to myself in the mirror before violently drying my hair with a towel.

God, I hate wet hair sticking to my body, ew.

Feeling satisfied with water not dripping down my waist-length light brown waves, I grabbed the lipstick I had just placed on an almost empty dressing table. Not even exaggerating, had you seen the dressing a few hours back I'm sure one could easily be convinced that this house had no one living there, considering all it had was a single comb and two rich-looking perfumes. And that is it. No gel, nothing.

Do guys really not use anything? Not even now? As in after all the self-care kings are out there on the internet?

Whatever, well, that is definitely not the scenario here anymore

I bit my bottom lip as I consciously glanced at the now fully clustered dressing table. No, it didn't look untidy.

Not even at the least.

But well... Let's just say I had products.

Shaking my head I rubbed off some of the tint from the lipstick, on my index, before quickly pressing it onto my cheeks and the tip of my nose, blending it. 

I'm no natural flushed beauty, but hey! I like the idea of it!

Applying a little tint on my lips I completed the process with a gloss at the very end, I could finally feel the bids of confidence within me come intact, before spraying in my floral body mist.

What? I am the type who only feels confident when I look bearable okay!

Stepping out of the room, down the stairs I walked out of the corridor and towards the living room. It was a 5-bedroom apartment that we had, that he owned, and even though I had never been present during its setup, it's funny how everything here feels so... personalized.

Sure I had come once during the pre-design stage, I'd order stuff and make them get delivered here but I wasn't here for most of the records, yet everything about this place, his place screamed home to me, or at least what I had always wanted home to feel like.

The entire house was in shades of off-white, beige, black, and brown, perfectly balanced with most of the apartment walls being that of the ceiling to floor glass. The flat wasn't something too extravagant or out of the books but it was definitely something too much for just two people, considering it was a duplex, and even though the area might not be too out of the world, we could've easily done without a top floor over our head: that is our bedroom, the gym, and a room that I didn't bother looking into.

I mean the ground consisted of 3 bedrooms two washrooms, a living room, and a kitchen, what else would one need? 

"You're here,"

His eyes met mine for the third time a day and I could suddenly feel the same feeling of consciousness hit my body. 

"Ah-ha," nodding my head a yes I quickly helped him set the last plate on the table from the kitchen, while he just grabbed two glasses and a bottle of water, before each of us sat down.

I looked at the bowl full of red sauce pasta that looked too delicious to not be touched, and then at the green jalapenos that peaked from the lot, almost smirking at me.

I don't think any amount of taunt can ever make me love these, or even so, make me like them in the first place.

"You're not allergic to mushrooms, are you?" 

I looked up from the bowl and then at the man in front of me, my hands playing unconsciously with the fork in my hand.

"No! No I-I love them actually,"

He didn't say much, just nodded while I simply brought my attention back to my plate.

A moan escaped my lips the moment the sauce hit my tastebuds, immediately making me close my eyes and almost slightly throw my head back,

"God, this is gorgeous," I murmured, frowning a little as I almost threw a fork full inside my mouth, I swear spending 18 hours on flight food is definitely not my thing. Not to mention the way I overstepped and declined the full meal offer I got the moment I stepped foot in here, has to go down on the 'worst decisions of my life' list."

Scrunching a little at the green, I simply gulped those inn, completing what was left on my plate and clearly tasted way better, in a mere matter of 10 minutes as I finally looked up.

"I swear I could eat you-"

I stopped the moment his expressions registered into my brain. His mouth was slightly agape, eyes meeting that of mine with shire amusement plastered all upon them, before he simply looked down at his plate, giving me a single nod and biting onto his bottom lip, in an attempt to bite back a smile.

Did I moan too loud? Oh god, am I an ugly eater? If that's even a thing, oh god, was I eating like a caveman or something?? Like I hadn't just taken a flight but walked all the way here, No way I- wait- did I just stop talking after I said the words 'I swear I could eat you??'

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME!?

I want to cry. I want to cry out of embarrassment! 

What was I thinking!!??

"Your! Y-your-" I stuttered only to be interrupted,

"My what?" This time I didn't miss the way he grabbed a tissue whipping the corner of his mouth, before straightening up and placing both his hands on either side of his plate.

There was a very thick line between reading one's face and knowing what's in the eyes.

If I looked at my husband just for the facial expression that was plastered upon his face, I swear I would've been wanting to hide under a table, however, it was the way his eyes beamed at me, a boyish beam, that indeed still made me want to hide under a table, but this time, with different reasons. 

My eyes widened as I quickly pointed a finger toward his plate.

His eyes followed my action as he slightly moved back on his chair, eyes glistening, with mischief lased with innocence like never before as he looked down, definitely not at his plate, but at himself, making my eyes almost bulge out and warmth spread all over my cheeks.

"My...?" he asked,

"P-" I was about to scream a reply-

"-ants?"

"ASTA!" I quickly shook my head "Pasta! I mean pasta!" Quickly tucking a strand behind my ear, I got up from the table with both of our empty plates in hand as I rushed towards the kitchen, at the speed of a lightning.

I swear to god I heard the slightest of chuckle behind me.

Keeping the dirty dish on the sink, a breath of relief escaped my mouth,

For how long had I been holding my breath again? 

 And before I know a small smile immediately graced my lips. 

It was the first time in three years that we had had a least of conversations, something which wasn't all that needed to be on paper, something which was the most normal we had ever been. 

"I'll do it," I heard that familiar voice, the moment I started scrubbing the plate,

"It's okay, you did all the cooking, I could least do the dish-"

"No, stop-" a hand grabbed my wrist making me frown as I looked up at him.

"It's really just two plates, it's no-"

"You just arrived today-" he stressed, making me pull my hand back,

"It doesn't matter-"

"Matters to me," he jitted immediately, his voice sounding too familiar all over again, too bussiness-y

"Well, it shouldn't," I snapped as I washed them all keeping them on the stand beside the sink.

"I'm not really planning to be here as a guest as well you know," Washing my hands, I wiped my hands on the towel as this time I looked at him, making the muscles of his jaw immediately twitch,

"Or you're saying this isn't my home either?" I didn't mean for the words to sound as harsh as they did, or for that matter not even as taunting as they did, but can you blame me? I am the type to never forget.

Sure I fucked it up this time. But so did he, two years back...

-•❅•-

my love, if you're planning to leave, them please don't come.

-•❅•-

hiiieee my loves! okayy I admit this must have been boring buttt thank you thank you soo much for still sticking all the way to the end! i hope, prey and wish to not disappoint you!! Anywayyy do not think I'm completely gonna rob you of the 'newly married' sequence, it is definitely going to be there in different instances! You really didn't see the three-year leap thing coming, did you? Trust me it makes no difference and ALOT of difference at the same time, you'll see loll! OUKIEE

loove looove looove you all!!

achha! chalo! byeee!

xoxo

it's sheewholoved!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.2K 1.8K 21
BOOK ONE of His Love series<3 Adhira Awasthi A single mother and a nursery teacher admires the things everyone just forgets in their day to day life...
1.9M 100K 38
~Glimpse~~ "Who are You?" That was the Question I asked her The Second All people Left the Hall. "I.. Amis.. I" Her heart was Beating fast as Her br...
1.7M 90.6K 59
[FEATURED] Shruti never had marriage in her life plan. For her, it was, ❝Shaadi aur bacche, dusron ke hi achhe.❞ (Marriage and children benefit only...