A Kiss From A Stranger (One S...

By TheMarkOfaPen

One lazy afternoon. A boy from a memory. A beginning. Based on a true story. Well, half of it. More

A Kiss From A Stranger (One Shot)

1.7K 47 32
By TheMarkOfaPen

A Kiss From A Stranger (2013)

TheMarkOfAPen

When I was ten, I used to play video games and then play silly boyish games that my friends and I loved to do. Whenever we got out of school or at home, we would always play arcades. I tried miraculously to make my character get into the next level, ignoring my screaming pocket while I was holding the joystick in my sweaty hands and vigorously pressing the buttons. Those were the times that I enjoyed the technology of the century. I always reminisce that part of my childhood especially that memory.

It was a hot, sunny day but it didn't stop me from going outside to play arcade. I knew Mom would be angry but it didn't matter that time. I wanted to play so badly. My hands are getting excited to hold those heavenly stick and I have an aching feeling to watch my opponent knocked out by my character.

The video games were all occupied with kids my age when I got there and as always, I must patiently wait for someone to ran out of money so I can change his place. I stood behind the players and occasionally making some comments on what combo's he should use to win the round.

After some time, both of my legs were beginning to ache and still, no kid has left the machine. Looks like they had a lot money. Tss. I would be totally waiting for a looong time.

I sat on a bench nearby as I stare at the players before me. I can see the satisfied look on their faces whenever they win and it kinda made me feel warm inside.

"TSUP!" 

What the heck?! I was stunned for a minute there. I can't breathe and I felt like all my blood is in my cheeks. When I finally got a hold of myself, I ran angrily to catch the culprit but he already had quite a distance from me. He was grinning from ear to ear as he turn his head to watch me gain on him. 

I am so freaking furious! For goodness sake! He kissed me! And I don't even know him! Well, he's kinda familiar but heck! I still don't know his name! 

I knew his face. I always see him with those other kids and he would always playfully stare at me with his hazel brown eyes whenever he catch a glimpse of mine's. But somehow, I saw some emotions hidden behind that stare. Nah! 

He's nothing but a perve! And now, I'm sweating like a pig. I stopped running towards him and stood like an idiot in the middle of the road, good thing there's no any moving vehicles around here. I am quite shocked actually. I can still feel his sweaty lips on my cheeks and that was my first kiss. I'm only 10 for heaven's sake. I can be a child but I want my first kiss to be memorable. So much for being a romantic fool.

I took a step back to return to my previous business. I remembered I was waiting in line for the video games. I ran as fast as I could.

God! Somebody already took my place.

That good for nothing pest! I murmured silently while gritting my teeth in annoyance. I went home being pissed and my great mother scolded me for going outside in the middle of daylight. 

I need to cool down. I opened the television to distract myself from the thoughts that had been playing on my mind.

Urgh! How I hate him! I tried to watch but my mind is still busy replaying the scenes from earlier. I really really really hate that stupid boy!

I always imagined my first kiss would be in a beautiful beach while watching the sunset as my man would held my hand and looks me in the eye with love in his eyes and then.. sigh.

I turned off the television. There's no point in imagining things like that. But still, I wish it didn't happen. Oh yes! I'll just forget about it and pretend that I was playing Tekken earlier. 

I got out of my room happily and went on the balcony. I sat at the bench as I admire the view from here. 

"Hey!"

What a beautiful coconut tree.

"Hey you!"

I was startled by the voice, I looked around and saw him. I raised my eyebrow and gave him a "I-don't-give-a-damn-look." He just laughed and pointed on his cheeks playfully and then his thumb departed on his lips.

I can feel my cheeks are burning. I turned my back and returned to my room. I buried my face on my pillow furiously. I am totally embarrassed at the way he acted just now. Pervert! Pervert! Pervert!

I kept on banging the pillow at my bed as I recite my never-ending hatred on that stupid boy.

Days, weeks and years had passed, I never saw that boy again.

I knew I'm being stupid for still remembering that boy but he still lingers in my mind. Perhaps, I like him or rather, I fell for him. Stupid right? I sighed at that thought.

I never had a boyfriend. I still can't find a guy with hazel brown eyes that would look at me with admiration in his eyes. Where is he?

He was my first kiss. Why did he do that for?

I was mad at him. Is his kiss just one of his whims or did he actually liked me?

After that incident, he never showed his face to me again. Why?

I always had dreams about him. Why can't I forget that boy?

I'm misty eyed all again. I looked around at the white sandy beach.

Only few people are here now. It's already getting dark and the sun is beginning to set. I sat there quietly feeling the cool breeze on my face. I closed my eyes and imagined the same setting before. 

I was sitting on the bench in the arcade as I waiting in line for my turn. And suddenly, I felt his presence. He slowly lifted his head but instead of my cheeks, he reached for my lips. It was magical. I can feel his breath against mine as he heavenly kissed me while I was reaching for his nape making him closer to mine. I am really sure it was almost real. I opened my eyes and..

It was all real. Here he is, kissing me. I pushed him away softly. I looked at him with confusion.

"Perhaps you're wondering eh?" He laughed and touched my cheeks lovingly.

"Why did you kissed me?! Who are you?!" I am now being frantic. After all this years! But still, I can recognize him. He didn't really change at all. Except he grew more taller, broader, mannlier, and sexier. 

"It was so hard to be far away from you darling." His eyes were full of loneliness. He continued without answering my question. "I watched you from afar. Preventing myself to be near you."

Now I'm getting really confused. Where has he been and why didn't he contact me or something? I always think about him and I knew I have fell for him! God! I fell in love when I was just a ten-year-old kid and I just encountered him once for the matter.

"Why? Why can't you be with me?" Uh-oh. Busted.

"Ha! I knew you knew me." He grinned and kissed me again. After a while, he continued talking but he placed his nose on mine. I love placing his nose against mine.

"We migrated 15 years ago, you know. Of course, I refused. I don't want to be away from you. But what can a child do?" He chuckled. Oh my gosh! Does this mean he had a crush on me way way back when we were young?!

"I always had this little crush on you. But whenever I had a chance to talk to you, my tongue always flips. All I could do is stare but when you looked at me for the first time, I get all embarassed and playing cool is my only guard." I smiled after that. He did acted like that.

"A day before my flight, I planned to confess. But Jesus Christ! I can't move because I'm busy staring at you!." He laughed. I liked the sound of that. I wish I could hear his laugh more often.

"So I gathered all my self confidence and bravely kissed you while you're sitting there looking pretty."

"And you ran away quickly." I raised my eyebrow. But inside, I can feel the butterflies flying in my tummy.

"Well, you looked like you're goin'to burn me alive the moment you'll catch me." We both chuckled.

"But why didn't you come after me? I mean, after you came back here. Why just now?" 

"I know. I'm getting a little coward when it comes to you. But I always have someone to tell me what's new in your life." He smiled. Who could that be?

"it's time for me to prove myself to you, Jhonalie." He knew my name after all. The thought made me so happy.

"You knew my name. But I never knew yours."

"Oh yeah!" He laughed. He looked so damn cute.

"My name is.."

You wanna know what his name is? Well, he's a stranger so we don't know. Ha-ha! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 6.7K 21
It all started when rookie setter Seb Angeles misset the ball causing injury to their team's opposite hitter, Nico Almojer.
135M 5.3M 131
Masarap mapunta sa Section na may pagkaka-isa. Meron mang hnd pagkaka-unawaan, napag-uusapan naman. Panu kung mapunta ka sa Section na ikaw lang ang...
169M 5.5M 67
A place where everything is mysterious, enchanting, bloody, and shitty. Entering is the other way of suicidal. Just one wrong move and everything wil...
8.6M 320K 57
12:00 A.M. Every breath you take Every move you make Every bond you break Every step you take "I'll be watching y...