Those Winter Days (A Winrina...

Von xKawaii_Girlx

When Winter Kim is accepted to attend a prestigious university for the performing arts in Seoul with ambition... Mehr

- PROLOGUE -
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
- Story Note -
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19

CHAPTER 5

329 20 7
Von xKawaii_Girlx

Sunday 10am

Winter's P.O.V.

A bright spell of light awoke me from my peaceful slumber as I snuggled closely into the soft pillow beside me.

Tiredly yawning, I sleepily opened my eyes surprised to be greeted by a gentle smile. "Goodmorning Winter."

Startled, I quickly glanced around realising I was still at Karina's dorm laying beside her on the couch in the lounge with my arms wrapped around her. "Karina? I fell asleep?"

"It's okay, you were really tired. Did you sleep well?" She asked, still smiling while brushing my hair with her fingertips.

"The couch is comfy and I... thought you were my pillow. Sorry." I muttered shyly and shuffling away, causing her to giggle.

"That's a role I'm more than happy to be." She beamed while I rolled my eyes.

"We should probably get up, I need to go to the library-" I began to say but was immediately stopped.

She held me in place as if worried I might suddenly disappear. I blinked rapidly, confusion apparent as she whispered into my ear. "Stay here."

"I... I can't, I have books to return and I'm really in need of coffee." I chuckled, unable to stop myself from yawning again.

"I'll make you some coffee then." She said with a smile.

"But I-" I began to protest again but Karina was already on her way to the kitchen, ignoring any attempt that I might refuse staying there any loner.

"It's fine, just relax. You like capaccinos right. Extra milk, no sugar?" She called casually from afar.

It was exactly the way I liked my coffee as I nodded happily in delight. "That sounds perfect... wait how did-"

"You talk in your sleep. It was random topics but very amusing." She chuckled as I followed her, trailing behind to the kitchen.

"Well that's embarrassing." I muttered but she didn't seem to mind, placing 2 cups beneath an expensive coffee machine while brewing the beans and warming the milk before whisking it expertly into the cups.

It was a taste sensation, an immediate smile making it's way onto my face which Karina seemed to notice. I was often so in awe of her in so many ways from her model looks to her undeniable intelligence. I took another sip while Karina leaned on the counter island in the center of the room. "Your exam is on Wednesday right?"

"Yeah, a couple more days and then I can officially relax. I'm actually going to the university talent show afterwards, I'm thinking of it as a reward to help take my mind off the exam." It was something I was looking forward over the past week to see many of the debut idols on campus.

"Talent show?" She questioned, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Yeah, aren't you going too?" I was surprised she wasn't interested, given that part of her responsibilities in the student council were centered around organising and arranging these large events.

"I'd prefer not to." She replied somewhat sternly.

I shrugged my shoulders. "That's a shame, I'm going with Ning Ning, Wendy and Taeyeon-"

"I'll be there. We can go after my meeting." She instantly replied at the mention of my friends.

"But you just said-" I began to say in confusion but as usual she interrupted.

"I'll be there with you so I'm sure it'll be great." There was another warm smile on her face that seemed to melt away at the icy exterior she had before.

We continued to chat over coffee, laughing and joking until my eyes were drawn to the balcony nearby that I seemed to gravitate towards.

"This is so nice, I could stay here forever." I stated happily to myself, glancing out at the far reaching views of not just the campus but of the city that stood in the distance.

"Well I certainly like your company." Karina stated quietly, following me from behind.

"The view of the campus is incredible from here." I smiled widely, feeling a shiver from the cold air as I reached for my phone to capture the image of the city that stood in a blanket of snow.

Suddenly, I felt a jacket placed across my shoulders followed by a pair of slender arms wrapping around my waist from behind, pulling me into a back hug. "Karina?"

"You were cold." She muttered, leaning her chin on my shoulder.

I stood frozen in place. "I... thank you but it's okay-"

"Let me take care of you." She whispered, her lips brushing against my earlobe making me shiver but relax in her comforting embrace.

We stayed like that awhile, that feeling of nostalgia resurfacing again until I realised the time. Karina walked me back to my dorm, arm in arm despite the glances we were receiving from the other students at her mere presence. The attention was overwhelming.

A mere 10 minutes later and we finally arrived outside the dormitory building. "I'm here, thank you again for helping me Karina and for letting me stay."

"You don't need to thank me, anytime okay?" She replied, still holding my hand tightly in hers.

As I turned to walk away, I heard her call me once more from the distance. "Winter..."

I stopped from walking, turning back to glance at her. "Yeah?"

Her eyes had that hypnotic gaze again as she walked closer and engulfed me in a hug before whispering. "Good luck for Wednesday."

Wednesday 6pm

Karina's P.O.V.

How long does hope last for? That was a question I'd been wondering a lot recently. It seemed to me as it was hope that was always the last thing to leave when all else seemed lost.

Boredly, I glanced at the clock on the the wall opposite my desk in my office. It was as though it was actually ticking backwards, a cruel trick playing on my mind that would prevent the moment arriving when I would finally see Winter again.

I hadn't heard from her despite my attempts to call. She was always out of the dorm either in extra vocal classes or at the library. I knew she must have been tired, having been preparing for today all week.

At last, I finished the final report stacking it on the pile that cluttered my desk before grabbing my jacket. Wandering along the hallways towards the music department, I followed the sound to where a group of students were exiting the room of the last exam of the week.

Through the crowd, I searched and searched for Winter before smiling widely and waving casually towards her.

From calling her name, she immediately seemed to recognise my voice. Her beautiful eyes went wide like a deer in headlights. "Karina?"

Excitedly, I ran up towards her whole ignoring the stares from the others around us. "How was your exam?"

"It went... okay, I think?" She mumbled shyly, her friends annoyingly watching our conversation in intrigue beside her. It was clear that Winter hated any additional attention from the stares around her.

"That's great, you know I've been thinking about you all day." I stated with a wide smile, taking her hands gently in mine.

"You have?" She questioned, shuffling awkwardly as the hallway began to fill with annoying gossip and mumbling.

"Shall we go to the talent show?" I asked, pulling her away in the direction of the show that was taking place in the auditorium.

"Winter, I thought we were going together?" Ning Ning stated who was stood beside her, scowling slightly at me.

"Well she asked me to go." I glared back, holding firmer onto Winter's hand not wanting to let go.

Sensing the tension, Winter attempted to keep the peace. "It's okay! We can all go as a group. Karina do you know Taeyeon and Wendy?"

She gestured towards her friends who were shyly waving in the hallway. I rolled my eyes in disinterest and pulled Winter away for us to walk on ahead of them. "No. Let's go, sweetie."

We made our way to the auditorium that was busy as expected. The first few acts began but my attention was more on Winter beside me than the acts on stage. She had been distant moreso than usual ever since the weekend and it was bothering me to no end.

I couldn't help but smile watching as she gazed at the show in wonder, her chin resting in her hands that were lent on the table.

When the next few acts left the stage to a sea of applause that echoed around the room, I scooted my chair closer to Winter whispering in her ear. "Winter, have you been avoiding me?"

She glanced at me startled, turning away from the stage and shaking her head. "No... I was just shy after staying at your dorm... and we didn't get a chance to see each other this week-"

"You could have called me, a hello would have been nice." I bluntly replied, huffing while crossing my arms.

"I've just been focusing on the exam and sometimes I zone out and forget, I can't help it." She stared down at the table, pouting so adorably.

It was evident she was exhausted from such a busy schedule and preparing for her exam. "You're tired again, you have been all week. Come here. Watch the show, lean your head on my shoulder."

I wrapped my arm around her, gesturing for her to lean her head against my shoulder. She looked at me puzzled, still connecting the fits between us "What? But everyone's looking at us."

I didn't look at them, my attention always solely on her. "It's because you're so beautiful."

She scoffed playfully, making me smile. "I'm pretty sure it's actually because you're sat here with me."

When the final act sung and the results were announced, I saw it as an opportunity for us to be alone again. Before her friends could intervene and whisk her away, I held her hand and gestured for her to follow me. "Let's go for a walk."

She reluctantly agreed as we once again walked through the campus in the late hours. The moonlight shone down shimming glimpses of light in the darkest corners as I lead her towards my favourite place where we'd reunited beside the lake.

"You really like sitting here." She smiled, taking a seat beside me on the grass and leaning against the evergreen tree behind us.

"Like I said I find it calming." I replied quietly, the winter air casting light breezes of wind to tumble across the lake making ripples appear in the water.

"I can see why." She replied, smiling as she glanced around the tranquil scene.

I sighed happily, revelling in the moment. "Well you always did try to see things from my perspective."

"What do you mean?" She asked, slightly bewildered as I awaited the moment she'd recall the magic between us. I didn't reply, instead finding comfort in the night air.

"I missed this." I stated quietly, intertwining our hands together.

She glanced at our hands and then back at me as if placing the dots together, wanting to ask a million questions. "Karina..."

Under the snowfilled tree and glistening of distant lights I leaned in slowly, my eyes never leaving hers as she gently leaned in too until our lips met in a gentle kiss. It was a euphoria and a happiness so hard to explain but impossible to ignore. Like everything in my life just made sense again.

When we finally parted, I stared deeply into her eyes. Her cheeks blushing rosy red until the silence seemed too much for her. She stumbled to her feet, shy and awkward. "I... should go."

Before I could respond she dashed away back towards the campus through the snowy terrain, ignoring my calls from behind. "Winter, wait!"

Moments passed as I smiled at my reflection in the water of the lake, Winter's presence still lingering in my mind from the scent of her perfume to the strawberry tint of her lip gloss. She was mine and I was hers, we were meant to be together and that was all that had really ever made sense to me.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

13.3K 430 23
Winter and Karina who have been friends since their teenage year finally debut in a group together. But Winter started to realise her feelings toward...
33.6K 1.2K 19
A usual college student, Kim Minjeong, had serious issues with anxiety. She always had thoughts about not being good enough. The last bit of hope s...
57.2K 1.8K 17
Karina Yu, the one who Winter loved dearly had suddenly changed ever since she took over her father's business. She was never the same, she was contr...
4.6K 226 8
🠾 { WINRINA MINISERIES } ⬩ { ONGOING } 🠼 "Do you still love spring?" "Of course. It's the season I fell for you in." Winter smiles. "What about win...