possession of the presidentโ€ขc...

By rileyowrites

๐‡๐„ ๐ˆ๐’ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‚๐‘๐”๐„๐‹ ๐๐‘๐„๐’๐ˆ๐ƒ๐„๐๐“, ๐๐”๐“ ๐‡๐„ ๐ˆ๐’ ๐ˆ๐‘๐‘๐„๐’๐ˆ๐’๐“๐ˆ๐๐‹๐„ IN WHICH, a certain... More

posession of the president
1|the reaping
2|beauty in the capitol
3|death by trident
4|treasure of her district
5|bloodied hands
6|roses and fishing
7|career exile
8|a lone victor
9|falling into the president's hands
10|the celebration of death
11|snow's obsession
12|covered in white
13|the capitol's victor
14|cursed lips
15|empty heart
16|fear forces respect
17|pieces of the past
18|sign the contract
19|control over his victor
20|all yours
21|stuck within the capitol walls
23|unforgiveable wound
24|two ends of the contract
25|gamemaker
26|back in the games
27|unshackled
28|runaway bride
29|katniss and rings
30|epilogue
author's note

22|twisted love

4.4K 125 31
By rileyowrites

"YOU'RE GOING TO KISS ME IN FRONT OF ALL OF THEM, AND YOU'RE GOING TO LIKE IT."

Pearl kept shaking her head no. "Absolutely not."

Coriolanus had woken her up in the morning with ridiculous orders. She wished her escape plan worked, because now he was only going to torture her more.

He wanted to use her as a prop for his advertising as president. He wanted her to go up on that stage and essentially rant about how perfect of a leader and person he was.

And then Coriolanus wanted Pearl to kiss him.

That would seal her fate forever. Kissing him like that in front of all of Panem would mark her as his and show her submissiveness. It wasn't a hard task, considering that they've already shared many moments like that.

But Pearl and Coriolanus had never done anything like that in the public eye. There had to of been word spread around about them since the guards spoke about her like his belonging, but they've never really done anything to tell others.

"I can't kiss you in front of Panem just because you're so desperate for me to kiss you. I won't enjoy it, but I'd rather you do it now."

Coriolanus chuckled, coating Pearl's neckline with small kisses. "But here's the wonderful thing, my rose. I can do this as many times as I want, even all day long."

Pearl was at her breaking point. She went from the unknown girl from District 4 to the treasured victor of District 4. And now she was the possession of President Coriolanus Snow.

God, she hated that word. She hated being his.

"What do you want from me?"

"How many times do I have to explain myself? I want you, and only you."

"Why?"

Coriolanus was puzzled. "You're asking why?"

Pearl nodded. She didn't understand why the president suddenly cared so deeply for someone from the districts.

"Ever since you were reaped for those games, you became my priority." Coriolanus was so close to her.

"You're so confident and headstrong. I've never seen anyone challenge me like that before, it least never directly. You intrigued me."

A kiss lingered on her jawline. "And not to mention, you're beautiful. It's hard to control myself."

Coriolanus's hands were on her, and Pearl wanted more. She wanted him to continue, but she didn't know why.

"That day at the interview, you said you were treasure. You were right. You're my treasure. You're mine."

Coriolanus smirked. "I've known it since the very beginning. My first ever victor as president."

Pearl had never heard such flattering words come from Coriolanus's lips. Yes, he sounded possessive as usual, but he sounded genuine. When he called her beautiful.

Was this the love Pearl always hoped for? She's never had someone so deeply affectionate for her. Ever. If he was manipulating her, it was working.

Once, Tigris had joked around about Coriolanus's charm and the way he was able to reel anyone in with such little words and looks. She was completely right. Because what other psychopath would she view like this?

Coriolanus's lips smashed against hers and her body couldn't move because his was against it. Then Pearl had the most horrid realization. It couldn't be.

She... she had feelings for Coriolanus. She didn't know how complex or passionate they were, but they were deep down within her. Pearl liked someone she wasn't supposed to like.

In between breaths Pearl mumbled, "I'll do it." Coriolanus's icy eyes stared into hers. "I'll kiss you." Attractiveness is no joke.

He smirked. "I'd figure I'd persuade you, my love."

Pearl looked up at the beautiful monster before her. She wasn't sure if she should be delighted or terrified by the ecstatic look in his eyes.

"Coryo..."

This time she meant it with the nickname. It suited him well.

"My Pearl." Coriolanus smiled. "Your dress is hanging up."

Pearl didn't feel like arguing. She had already agreed to do this, and it wasn't like she had a choice. She didn't want to make him angrier.

She went over to the closest and saw her dress. Or was white again, but this resembled a wedding dress more than any of the others. Pearl wondered if it was on purpose.

Coriolanus approached her after she was changed, offering her a hand. Her small palm fit perfectly into his. "You really are lucky that I have self control," he whispered.

Pearl gulped before following him into the hallway. They were approached by a guard. It was the same one that brought Pearl back to Coriolanus when she was on the verge of escaping. The one she promised money for her trident.

"Sir. President Snow. May I borrow the lady for a moment?"

Coriolanus scoffed and his grip on Pearl tightened. Her hand was suffocating under his and she couldn't move it.

"What business do you have with Pearl?"

Pearl's heartbeat escalated when he said her name.

"I had something for her that Tigris wanted her to wear for when she goes on stage."

"Is it of my knowing?"

"No, sir. Tigris hasn't given me full details but requested that I escort her."

Coriolanus wasn't trusting, but he caved in as he looked down at Pearl's hopeful face. "I will be downstairs. Make sure you bring her to me in no more than twenty minutes."

He nodded as Coriolanus let go of Pearl's hands. The guard held her by the arm tightly for show.

"I never got your name," Pearl whispered.

"James." He said it quietly, almost as if it was afraid Coriolanus would hear.

"You know what I've really taken you for, right?"

Pearl nodded. Coriolanus approached them before they could get close enough to his office. "It's been long enough. Where's the new accessory?"

"We didn't even get to Tigris's studio, sir."

Without any response, Coriolanus took Pearl's hand again. She looked at James in hope. He nodded, mouthing later.

Pearl was led towards the same stage she was on before. The amount of people in the crowd tripled, likely because it was the president who was on stage with her.

"Hello Panem," Coriolanus addressed.

You could tell who the sick Capitol citizens were. People in bright colors cheered for Coriolanus as he brought her into the stage with him, hand-in-hand.

"All of you know Pearl Bazin, the Victor of the most recent Hunger Games. For all of you, she's become a face of bravery and beauty."

Coriolanus looked down at her for a moment.

"There has been misunderstanding. District people have taken her words for rebellion. They have mistaken my Pearl as a symbol of resistance."

Pearl felt honored. She wanted to be a symbol for rebellion. She couldn't. She couldn't rebel anymore. She couldn't fight back.

"We've granted Pearl stay in the Capitol because of her victory. She's experienced our fair treatment, because she's earned a spot here. She's payed for the District's mistakes, but so many of those in the Districts still need to pay. The Hunger Games are here for a reason."

Pearl felt sick to her stomach. The games killed her friends. Opal. Apollo.

She hadn't seen Mags in so long. Pearl hoped she was ok.

"The truth is that Pearl was never district. She's destined for greatness in the Capitol because she possesses qualities not all district citizens have..."

Pearl was forced to face him.

"And she's ours now, Panem. She's mine." Coriolanus smirked. "Isn't that right, Pearl?"

As if on demand, Pearl went in for the kiss first. Coriolanus didn't even have to tell her. She had to get on her tippy toes the slightest bit, before her hand was on his chest and her lips were smashing against his.

Pearl forgot she was on live television broadcasting against all of Panem. The rest of the world went blank and mute, and it was just her and Coriolanus standing on that stage, lips connected.

He killed your mother.

He killed your sister.

He killed your friends.

He tortured you.

He forced you to belong to him.

Why do you... why do you love him in such a twisted way?

Pearl's thoughts were racing, an electric spark connecting their lips. They broke apart, and Pearl realized that she kissed him for way longer than she had to.

"Thank you, Panem. I hope you will grow to respect Pearl."

The crowd cheered as they disappeared backstage. "That was..."

Coriolanus looked at her, and Pearl felt so embarrassed. "Did I do ok?"

"It was a lot more than ok." Coriolanus pinned her against the wall. "But trust me, my rose. I can do better."

Pearl felt that sudden wave of guilt again. She shouldn't be enjoying his touch. Was he a monster or a lover again? She forgot.

Her mind was stuck inbetween two events. Him kissing her in his bed and him telling her that he killed her family.

She wasn't sure if it felt right to try and use her trident to kill him. Pearl wouldn't kill him. She would simply disarm him enough so she could escape. She would tell him goodbye and that she is going to be free. That it's for the better.

He let her go back with James, who claimed that he was bringing Pearl to visit Tigris. Pearl's loving actions towards Coriolanus sent him into a trusting mood.

"Are you ready?" James asked as he unlocked the doors to Coriolanus's office. Pearl wasn't even sure how he got the keys.

Pearl just nodded. She wasn't sure how she felt about this. If she changed her mind, she could always keep it to her own advantage. Opening the glass case wouldn't hurt.

James made his way to the case that held her trident. It had newer blood on the tips from when Coriolanus stabbed her arm with it. She had almost forgotten...

It felt good to have the trident in her hands again. Pearl felt powerful just like she did in the arena. She had sickening deja vu, but felt like she could overpower anyone or anything.

What would happen if Coriolanus overpowered her once again? Would he just be even more furious at her? Would she completely break the trust that she has been building up?

Pearl had a feeling that she would never come on victorious on top with him. James watched as she examined the weapon she survived the arena with.

The door opened and Pearl knew exactly who it was. She held the trident behind her back so it wasn't visible. Coriolanus stood staring at her in both want and anger.

"Visiting Tigris, hm?"

Somehow Coriolanus hadn't noticed the weapon behind her. Pearl kept one hand in front and one in the back, holding the trident. He approached her as if James was nonexistent.

"You know I don't like it when you lie to me, my rose."

Pearl tensed, trying to play it off as she laughed slightly out of nervousness. "Am I in trouble then?" she smirked.

Coriolanus tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "I'll have to see." He turned to James. "Why did you take her into my office?!"

"Pearl asked me," he explained.

Pearl felt betrayed. James was the one who brought her here, and he was the one so entirely desperate for money.

"She did?"

James nodded.

"What is it you desire so badly in here? Were you going through my things, my rose?"

Pearl knew she had no choice but to reveal her weapon. She took three steps back and extended the trident outwards. She watched Coriolanus's jaw tighten.

"Now you want to kill me again?"

Pearl stayed strong. "You killed my family."

Coriolanus didn't respond. He just began to move quickly towards her. He gripped the trident, trying to pull it away from Pearl.

Pearl was stronger than he thought. She didn't let go of it. But Coriolanus was ten times stronger. He pulled it upwards, Pearl still attached to it.

It was like she was weightless. He lifted the trident with her dangling down like it was nothing. Pearl kicked him in the stomach in a panic, and he released both her and the trident.

She pointed it at him again. Coriolanus stood with a smirk. "Go ahead. Do it."

"Do what?"

"Kill me. I know you can't."

Pearl wanted to prove him wrong. She wanted to take him down once and for all. She didn't care if she loved him deep down. Her getting rid of him would save Panem.

Pearl jumped onto him, stabbing the trident into his leg. Coriolanus was in a state of shock, not believing that his love would stab him.

Her body was on top of his. His blood was on the tip of her trident. Pearl tried to get up. She wanted his blood off of her.

She tried, but even while in pain his hands grabbed either one of her wrists and pulled her tightly against his chest.

He was smirking.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 7.2K 67
The 'Flower of Panem' or 'The Angel of Mercy', Seraphine Reza is the jewel and pride of Panem. One of their most treasured victors in the history of...
45.6K 807 25
Two district 4 citizens trying to survive in Panem as victors with an unspoken love dwindling between them. She tries her best to not let her love fo...
235K 5.4K 34
"He had the face like a painting." From district 12, Whiskey Everdeen, or the 'lovebird' as Flickerman likes to tease, ends up with Coriolanus snow...
630K 15.5K 42
โ ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ'๐˜ด ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜บ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ'๐˜ด ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐€๐๐Ž๐’๐“๐‘๐Ž๐๐‡๐„ โž ๏ฝฅ ๏ฝก๏พŸโ˜†: *. ๐…๐ˆ๐๏ฟฝ...