Into the Shadows of Arcadia

By Anonymous-ones

Changelings are all over Archadia but what if they had more influence on the trollhunter's journey? (Trollhun... More

Prologue
Becoming Apart 2
Wherefore Art Thou, Trollhunter 1
Wherefore Art Thou, Trollhunter 2
Gnome Your Enemy 1
Gnome Your Enemy 2
Waka Chaka 1
Waka Chaka 2
Win lose or Draal 1
To Catch a Changeling 1
To Catch a Changeling 2
Adventures in Trollsitting 1
Adventures in Trollsitting 2
Bittersweet Sixteen 1
Bittersweet Sixteen 2
Young Atlas 1
Young Atlas 2
Recipe for Disaster 1

Becoming apart 1

68 1 0
By Anonymous-ones

15 years later

A garage door reveals a boy in a blue jacket, and his trashcan is knocked over.

"Augg raccoons"

"We are going to be late Jimbo."

"Sorry, I was making lunches. One for me, one for Mom, and one for you."

"Umm, meatloaf, sun-roasted tomatoes, and basil, and is that mayo I smell"

"Yep"

"Getting risky there, Chef Jim."

"Oh come on live a little."

"I can't eat this. I am on a diet"

"Tobs, you have been on a diet for the past 14 years."

"Yeah, so?"

"Your 15"

"Long-term goals my bodies still changing."

They start to ride to school. They hear a bell chime in the distance. 

"Oh it's eight o'clock!" 

"Oh, we are going to be late on a count of meatloaf."

"Take the Canals it will save us five minutes."

"Not the canals."

Toby called as he followed Jim the path was bumpy and rocky. Jim was going full speed while his friend struggled behind him. 

"Oh come on live a little."

"It's living I am worried about."

"Oh come on where is that sense of adventure."

Jim speeds up and jumps through the air and lands at the bottom of the canal. He stops to wait for Toby.

"Come on Tobes!"

"Jim Lake!"

A voice calls out. He starts and looks around. There is a pile of rocks in the middle of the canal. Jim looks at it a bit longer and he gets an uneasy feeling. Like somehow he knew that wasn't just some pile of rocks.

Toby came down clumsily. Crashing and landing straight on his face. 

"Ha, how awesome are we? Awesome"

"Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"Jim Lake"

"That this pile of rocks knows my name."

"It's a pile of Caspar it can't talk there has to be a walkie-talkie in here somewhere."

There is a faint glow and Jim takes out an amulet from the rubble.

"Who is doing this come out where we can see you."

"Hello?"

The bell rings startling the two boys. 

"A shoot last bell!"

"We are going to be so late our grandchildren are going to have detention."

"If we hurry, we can still make it."

They start to ride off. In the canal, six yellow eyes glow from the darkness of the sewer canal

"It chose a human?"

While the boys were at school their teacher, Mr. Strickler was discussing the Peloponnesian war. Jim was staring across the room at this girl that he thought was really pretty.

"Hey close your mouth your drooling."

"No, no, I am not. What are you doing?"

"Research,"

"Hey, look for talking, Amulets."

"I have, and all I have come up with is toys and plushies."

"Wouldn't you agree, Jim?"

"What?"

"With the war tactics of Athans?"

"Oh yes"

"Which ones in particular?"

"Um, the winning ones."

He said and the class laughed as the bell rung. 

"Alright, class dismissed, Jim may I keep you a moment."

Jim knocked over his bag and Stricker helped him pick it all up.

"Jim, I am worried about you. You fell asleep at the beginning of class, and then your attention wandered for the rest of the class."

"Sorry Mr. Strickler I haven't been getting enough sleep."

"I know it is just you and your mother."

"She works hard; she is doing double shifts at the hospital, and I just want to help her out."

"I believe you do. I also believe that I am a bit overdue for a conversation with her. Have her call me please."

"Yes sir."

"Jim if you need anything don't be afraid to talk to me."

They had gym class which could have gone better for both of the boys but in the end they just started to walk out and head home. As they were leaving they saw Steve bullying Eli.

"We should do something."

"Oh no if he is too busy bullying Peperjack that means he isn't picking on us. Jim don't"

"So Eli tell me what you saw again and maybe I will let you out."

"Or you could let him out right now it would be nice I mean."

"Know what would be nice you minding your own business."

"Hi, Jim!"

"Now Eli where were we? Oh yeah, you were telling be about those monsters you saw that had fangs and claws and what was it?"

"Stone for skin now let me out!"

"Stone for skin man Eli you really have an Imagination."

"Ok, Steve, let him out."

"What did I say about staying out of this."

"Go ahead hit me."

"You are asking for a beating?"

"Yeah just go crazy. But in 20 years you are going to be bald and fat and Eli is going to have a job in software and be a billionaire."

"I do like computers"

"Let him out let him out"

The whole courtyard starts to chant with Toby. Then Coach comes out and breaks up the fight. Steve then threatens Jim. Jim and Toby head for home. When Jim gets home he waits for the amulet to talk again but instead, he hears a noise in his basement.

"Ug raccoons"

He gets a broom and heads downstairs. And he goes down and the lights go dark. And eyes start to glow behind him.

"Master Jim!"

"AAAHHHHH"

"Master Jim! At last we have found you."

"AAAAHHHHH!"

"Hi"

"AAAAHHHH"

"Not ahhhh, Aaarrrgghh, three R's"

"AAAAHHHH"

"He likes to say AAAHHH a lot."

"I believe it is some form of a greeting. AHH AAHH AHHAH."

"AH"

"Um, Blinky, he is shaking."

"Aaarrrgghh my good fellow, please would you mind."

"Please just put me down."

"Ok, where was I."

"Master Jim, Found you."

"Oh yes. Master Jim, you have been called to the heist of Offices to protect society underneath your feet. And become the Trollhunter. So what say you."

Jim Faints and the two trolls look down at him in destress. 

"Is that a yes?" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 132 11
You have lived in the dark lands since your beginning. the surface was too warm and the cold in this place is perfect. Barely anyone lives here well...
9.2K 198 16
What if Strickler had been there the whole time? What of Jim's dad left and he was a baby? What if Walt married Barbara? What if Jim wasn't the tr...
586 15 14
When Jim, a young half-changeling, picks up a mage's amulet and goes into the haven of trollkind, he struggles to keep up appearances and relationshi...
9.6K 285 22
Following the events Trollhunters: The Written Future Watching their show Fanfic Watching 3Below React Series ALL RIGHTS GO TO DREAMWORKS -- Life...