Bedastoor Ishq: There's No En...

By freelancer_JS

Join me on this journey of Vivaan and Avni to see them fall in love and face the various obstacles that come... More

Before Beginning
The Malhotra Khandaan
The Gill Parivaar
Chapter 2: Her Family
Chapter 3: Collision of Worlds

Chapter 1: His Family

126 25 2
By freelancer_JS

××××××
Malhotra Mansion
××××××

Nyonika Malhotra along with her husband Ekansh Malhotra was seated in the living room sipping their morning beverages. Few papers were scattered on the coffee table while couples had frowns on their forehead seeing them.

Nyonika: Ekansh aise toh hum kabhi bhi Vivaan ke liye ek perfect bride nahi dhoondh payege.

Ekansh: Patience Mrs. Malhotra. Aise hi thode mere bete ke liye aapko perfect bride mil jayegi. Bhai laakhon main ek hai mera beta toh bahu bhi uski takkar ki honi chahiye na.

Nyonika: Ekansh aapko mazak sujh raha hai. Aap baitho aur apne bete ke gun gao Mujhe kaam hai main jaa rhi hoon.

Ekansh: Oho meri soniye! Naaraz na ho tu

Nyonika looked away and bit her lips.

Nyonika: accha main iss baare main maa se baat karungi. Let's see what she thinks.

Ekansh nodded and got back to reading newspaper while Nyonika was about to get up when Preet walked in. Nyonika and Ekansh greeted her. Nyonika immediately went and served her tea.

Preet: kya baate ho rahi hai subha subha. Aur yeh sab kya hai? Ekansh office ka kaam aise ghar pe laake fehlaya mat karo.

Ekansh: maa yeh office ka kaam nahi hai.

Preet: Toh phir kya hai?

Ekansh: apni bahu se puchiye.

Preet looked at Nyonika with raised eyebrows who meekly replied.

Nyonika: yeh woh bio-data of girls for Vivaan.

Preet smiled immediately and started looking through them. Almost 15 minutes later she kept the papers back on the table.

Preet: ek bhi kudi Vivaan ke layak nahi.

Nyonika: wohi toh maa. Isse pehle aaye teen rishte main se do hume pasand nahi aaye aur ek ko Vivaan thukra chuka hai. Aise toh kaise chalega.

Preet: Oho Nyonika! Thand rakh! Dekhna mere Vivaan ke liye na bhagwan ji ne heera chuna hoga. Akhir mera pota kisi heere se kam thodi hai.

Ekansh giggled making Nyonika glare at him. Preet looked at them confusingly.

Ekansh: maine bhi yahi kaha tha maa. Lekin aapki bahu ko lagta hai main mazak kar raha hoon.

Nyonika pouted. Her eyes were clouded with sadness. Seeing her upset face early morning Ekansh helplessly looked at his mother who gave him an assuring look back. She again looked through the bunch of papers and photographs lying on the coffee table and picked out one picture from there.

Preet picks up a biodata, peering over her glasses with a discerning eye. Her years have honed her ability to read between the lines, to see beyond mere words on paper.

Preet: Hmm, this one seems promising. But tell me, Nyonika, does she enjoy music? You know how Vivaan's eyes light up when he talks about his guitar.

Nyonika: I... I'm not sure, Maa. I didn't think to check.

Preet chuckles softly, her laughter echoing warmth.

Preet: "It's these little things, Nyo puttar. Love is woven from the threads of shared joys, not just grand gestures.

Nyonika leans in, her curiosity piqued by Preet's wisdom.

Nyonika: You're right, Maa. I've been so focused on finding a bride who matches Vivaan's stature, I forgot to consider ki mujhe ek aisi bahu chahiye jo mere bete ke dil ki dhadkan ho.

Preet places her hand over Nyonika's, a gesture filled with tenderness.

Preet: Ho jaata hai. Aur hum Malhotra's hai. Naturally hume ek aisi bahu chahiye jo iss ghar ko aur iss ghar ke reeti riwaaz samajh sake. But remember, we're not just looking for a bride. We're welcoming a new soul into our home, one who'll carry forward our traditions, our love. Aur uske liye bohot zaroori hai ki woh ek nek aur bade dilwali ho. hazaron ladkiya hai jo Malhotra khandaan ki bahu ban na chahti hai lekin hume ek aisi ladki chahiye jo mere laad sahab ki biwi bane.

Nyonika nods, her respect for Preet deepening. The task ahead seems less daunting with Preet by her side.

Nyonika: Maa, how did you always manage to find the perfect balance in everything?

Preet smiles, her eyes reflecting years of wisdom.

Preet: By remembering that at the end of the day, it's love and understanding that bind us all. Whether it's choosing a bride for Vivaan or deciding what to cook for dinner, the heart knows best.

They share a laugh, the tension easing from Nyonika's shoulders. The daunting task of finding Vivaan's bride now feels like a journey they're embarking on together, guided by Preet's wisdom and Nyonika's dedication.

Ekansh, observing the exchange, adds with a twinkle in his eye: With you two at the helm, I have no doubt Vivaan's bride will be nothing short of extraordinary.

The room fills with a sense of camaraderie and shared purpose, the family united in their quest to find Vivaan not just a bride, but a true partner in life.

Nyonika asked Ekansh to get ready for work and went in kitchen to check on the breakfast arrangements. Ekansh nodded yes and went back to reading his daily newspaper. Nyonika sighed and picking up the finished tea cups she walked towards the kitchen knoing very well that there was no point arguing.

Preet took a paper and hit Ekansh with it.

Preet: meri bahu ko tang na kar khotiya... chal jaa yahan se.

Ekansh: arrey maa newspaper toh padhne do.

Preet snatched the newspaper.

Preet: nahi koi newspaper nahi padhna. Waise bhi aaj kal tum log woh chhota chalta phirta TV leke ghumte ho na usme news dekh le

Ekansh giggled: Maa woh i-Pad hota hai.

Preet again hit him with the newspaper.

Preet: mujhe mat sikha tu. Jaa uth Office ke liye tayyar ho.

Sighing he got up and went upstairs to his room to get ready for office.

Nyonika after checking on breakfast arrangements walked inside her favourite son's room. She opened the door to be welcomed into a nicely organized room. Everything in the room screamed Vivaan Malhotra, the next CEO of Malhotra's. His room reflected his personality in and out. It was covered in shades of black with accent golden lights .  Seeing him sleeping peacefully, she smiled sat besides him on his bed and gently caressed his hair. She bend and placed a kiss on his forehead.

Nyonika: Good morning Viv!

Vivaan sleepily: good morning maa.

Before Nyonika could say something, Vivaan's room door opened with a bang scaring both of them. Vivaan woke up with a jerk listening to the sound and all his sleep flew away. Seeing the person standing on the door he groaned while Nyonika chuckled.

Nyonika: Aaja baccha mere paas Aaja.

Vivaan sarcastically: haan haan bis saal ka baccha

Nyonika hit Vivaan on his head.

Nyonika: Aaja bacche yahan Aaja.

Vedika rubs her eyes cutely and goes and lies down on the bed beside Vivaan with her head in Nyonika's lap. She wraps her hands around Vivaan's waist. Vivaan smiles and pecks her temple.

Vivaan: kisi din mere kamre ka darwaza tod degi tu.

Vedika: hmm hmm

Vivaan: chal uth jaa moti. Maa ka lap dukhne lagega tere fully empty filled with nothing brain ke wajhan se.

Vedika whines: mamiiiiiiiiii

Nyonika hits Vivaan on his shoulder to which he laughs shamelessly. Vedika who was still sleepy hits Vivaan on his stomach making him groan. A minute later she leaves Nyonika's lap and snuggles in Vivaan's chest.

Vivaan and Nyonika both smile widely. Kissing their foreheads, Nyonika leaves the room giving the cousins cum siblings some lone time. Vivaan ruffles Vedika's hair and pats it gently. Soon enough she slips into deep slumber. Vivaan chuckles seeing her. He gently makes her comfortable on the bed and leaves to freshen up.

This was their daily routine where almost every day Vedika barged into Vivaan's room and then slept again in his warmth. Vedika was more close to Vivaan than their own brothers. They loved each other a lot and yet were always found quarrelling with each other. Vivaan came out after taking a bath. He saw Vedika still sleeping snuggling into his blanket. He adored his little bundle of tsunami. She meant more than just a cousin to him.

Vivaan was very well aware of how tensed Nyonika was regarding his marriage. He had no problem with getting married but he was worried if the girl will ever understand his family and dwell with them? Will she ever understand his bua and his mom? Will she give respect to his grandparents? Will she love his siblings and understand their feelings and nature? And most importantly will he and the chosen girl ever fall in love and have a happily ever after?

Almost an hour later everyone was gathered in the living room. Jhanvi and Ekansh had some files open and were having a discussion over it while Vivaan was furiously typing away something on his phone while talking to his secretary on the airpods. Krushank and Mukesh were seated at the dining table along with Preet. Servants were helping Nyonika set up the breakfast table.

Mukesh: ab agar agli paanch minute main tum teeno ne apna yeh office office bandh nahi kiya na toh main na tum teeno ko fire kar dunga phir baithe rehna ghar pe jobless.

Jhanvi, Ekansh and Vivaan looked at each other and closing everything and puttign work aside they settled on the dining table. One rule that was very clear in the house was "Work is Work, Home is Home. Do not take work at home". Understanding that they had a huge business to run Mukesh let his three kids work at home but not for once would he allow any of them to compromise with family time. He absolutely hated that.

Ekansh had a neutral approach to this rule and he did completely agree with the ideology of spending time with family but at the same time understood that running a business did require him to work beyond the 9 to 5 realm. On the other hand, Jhanvi and Vivaan were two workaholics who needed to be dragged away from work. At times Mukesh has had to take some extreme measures like cutting the wi-fi cable for the entire house or seizing their phones (of course Vedika was his all time helper in executing such plans) to get them to take a break for their own well-being.

Speak of the devil and here she is! Vedika came running down the stairs almost tripping over the carpet. Had it not been for Vivaan her lips would have been kissing the floor right now.

Vivaan: I swear to god, one more time I see you being careless I will lock you in your room.

Vedika: Oho Bhayyu! I am fine! Woh sab chhodo aur yeh batao aapne transaction id change kar diya kya?

Vivaan rolled his eyes and snatched the phone from her hands.

Vedika: Bhayyuuuuuu!

Vivaan: subha hui nahi ki madam ki shopping chalu. Shopping ke alawa bhi kabhi kuch soch liya kar.

Vedika pouts dramatically, making a show of being wounded by Vivaan's actions.

Vedika: This is digital tyranny, Bhayyu! How will I survive without my daily dose of retail therapy?

Vivaan looks at her, an amused smirk playing on his lips.

Vivaan: Try actual therapy, maybe? It's called 'the great outdoors.' Heard of it?

Vedika rolls her eyes, flopping down next to him on the dining chair.

Vedika: Ugh, sunlight! No, thank you. I prefer the glow of my phone screen.

Their banter is a familiar dance, one that Nyonika watches with a fond smile while Jhanvi gets disappointed at how spoilt Vedika is.

Nyonika: Vedika, maybe you should take Viv outside once in a while. Show him there's a world beyond those spreadsheets.

Vivaan raises an eyebrow, challenging Vedika.

Vivaan: And risk getting lost? You know she can't navigate without Google Maps.

Vedika nudges him playfully, refusing to back down.

Vedika: Says the man who can't find his socks without help. I'm surprised you can find your way to the office.

Krushank chokes on his coffee while the rest of the members just roll their eyes at the daily dose and focus back on thier meal.

Vivaan laughs, the sound rich and warm, filling the room with a sense of ease.

Vivaan: Touché. But at least I don't need a Wi-Fi signal to survive.

Vedika: Watch it Bhayyu!! Want me to remind you what happened the lasty time Nanu cut the wi-fi connections!!!

Vedika sticks her tongue out at him, a gesture that's childishly defiant. Vivaan sighs. She did have a point.

Mukesh: Vedu what I did was so that I do not loose my grandson to that stupid two by two screen!

Vivaan: Come one dadu! You know I was working and the rate at which your grand-daughter is shopping daily I am thinking we might need to work harder to not go bankrupt!

Vedika: Modern problems require modern solutions, Bhayyu. And my solution is shopping.

Nyonika interjects, her voice laced with mirth.

Nyonika: How about we find a modern solution to get you two out of the house? Fresh air might do wonders for your sibling rivalry.

Vedika and Vivaan exchange a look, a silent truce forming between them.

Vedika: Only if Bhayyu promises not to talk about work for a whole hour.

Vivaan, feigning shock: "An hour without work? Do you want me to perish from boredom?

Vedika: See point proved nanu! Your grand-son is no longer yours. He is officially a slave to his stupid laptop.

Their laughter fills the room, the bond between them evident in their easy exchanges. Nyonika shakes her head, her heart full at the sight of her son and niece so at ease with each other.

Jhanvi: VEDIKA THAKKAR.

Everyone looked at Jhanvi.

Jhanvi: it's high time you start behaving like a mature 20 year old. When will you learn to be responsible Vedika? Kabhi toh samjho apni duties? Grow up. It's high time you grow up Vedika. Yeh roz roz ka bachpana kab tak karti rahogi tum.

Everyone lost their smiles. Vedika simply rolled her eyes and not even bothering to reply to Jhanvi she left from there for her room. Everyone sighed. Vedika being the only daughter was pampered and loved by all. Whereas Jhanvi was always worried for her. Vedika and Jhanvi shared a bitter relation due to many reasons.

Vivaan: bua it's okay na.....

Jhanvi: no Viv. It's not okay.

Preet: tu kyu uss bacchi pe chillati rehti hai Jhanvi.

Mukesh: beta bacchi hai woh abhi. Woh bachkani harkatein nahi karegi toh kya hum Karege. Inn baccho ki masti hi toh hai jo ghar main ek mauhal bana rehta hai.

Jhanvi: aap sab usse laad pyaar karte hai iss baat se mujhe koi aitraz nahi lekin she needs to understand na that....

Nyonika stopped her seeing Vedika walking down the stairs angrily.

Nyonika: Vedu....bacche Aaja naashta kar le.

Krushank funnily: Oye vedu pedu Aaja maa ne gobi ka parantha banaya hai. Jaldi aa warna tere hisse ka bhi main kha jaoga.

Ekansh: Oye khotiye! Tu kyu khayega mere beti ke hisse ke parantha. Aaja beta....krish (Krushank's pet name) ke hisse ke bhi tu kha ja.

Vedika rudely: mujhe kaam hai main baad main kuch kha lungi.

Jhanvi was again about to say something when Vivaan signalled her that he will handle her.

Vivaan sternly: Vedu.

Vedika rolled her eyes. She simply stomped her way to the table and sat at her place which was between Vivaan and Krushank. Angrily, she simply pulled krish's plate and started having from it. Krish whined. Ignoring him Vedika started murmuring imitating Vivaan.

Vedika: main gussa karu toh kabhi nahi sunte meri bas gusse main "Vedu" bol dete hai. Aur khud volcano ki tarah phat ke saare ghar ko sur pe utha lete hai. Maine keh diya na toh bas keh diya types wale khadoos khambe.

Listening to her rants everyone laughed loud while she again grumbled something. Vivaan smilingly hit her on her head spoiling her hair making her glare at him even more.

Preet: Nyonika....

Nyonika: Ji maa

Preet: main soch rhi thi aaj hum gurudwara chale jaate hai. Vivaan ke naam ki ardaas karwa lete hai.

Vedika: nani main bhi chalungi.

Vivaan: tujhe toh bahar jaana tha na!

Vedika: ab nahi jaana. Aapse matlab?

Vivaan giggled making her more furious.

Vedika furiously: nani aaj na main waheguru ji se prathna karugi ki humare ghar ke amitabh bacchan ko aisi jaya mile jo inki dhoke se roz dhulai kare.

Jhanvi beat her to it: Chup kar. Soch samajh ke bola kar.

Everyone was smiling while Vivaan and Vedika continued glaring at each other. After a fun filled breakfast all left for their respective works while Preet, Nyonika and Vedika got changed to leave for gurudwara.

-×-×-×-

How was the first chapter guys!
Excited to meet our Female Lead in the next chapter?
Hope you guys liked it.
Do vote and comment.❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 27K 38
22 years old ADHIRA VATS, who's vague & intricate, too naive to deal with the cruel world. Getting married was never in her list, atleast not before...
322K 26.5K 63
Yash Purohit- 27 year old CA, Carefree, Bindass, Jolly, happy Go person. Once you meet him, he will ensure your comfort. He gives his time to family...
32.9K 899 23
Tale of Passion,love, loyalty and purity...... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Started : 9th October 2023 Ended : 28th December 2023 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ {Under Editing}
727K 31.8K 41
♕︎𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐎𝐟 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬♕︎