Submersion.

By pixelyman

The royal scientist. A person of great mind and high respect. An individual that could never possibly make a... More

Part 1 - Pilot
Chapter 2 - Conflict
Chapter 3 - Back To His Roots
Chapter 5: Unbeknownced Guest.

Chapter 4 - Need for more.

12 0 0
By pixelyman

Gaster, now standing over Maisy, gave her a wide grin.

"Let us begin, then."

He would then grab the needle using two fingers, slowly sliding them upwards and towards the tip, a light magenta aura being slid across the needle. And without a second thought, he pierced Maisy in the chest with the needle, slowly pulling back the handle on the back of it. Maisy began gasping for air, not even being able to scream or cry at this point.

Suddenly, a green soul would begin shining above her body, showing to be slightly cracked. Gaster's eyes would widen, and his grin would shift into an expression of shock. He let go of the needle with his one hand, and attempted to grab the soul, only to find that it would burn his hand intensely. He kept grabbing onto it, soon enough letting go and grabbing his wrist, looking at his palm as he grunted. It had been severely burnt, his palm now a gray shade instead of its usual white.

He then grabbed the needle again, taking it out of Maisy's chest and piercing the soul with it, slowly drawing back the handle. And sure enough, the soul began draining, slowly losing its color and shifting to an empty shell. That is of course, until it suddenly began cracking.

"No, not yet!"

Gaster had barely drained any of the soul, only around 20% before it suddenly shattered. Maisy let out a last gasp of air before she went limp, mouth open and eyes now gray. Gaster groaned in frustration, looking at the needle and sighing. He covered up Maisy's body, and pushed it to the side on a cart.
Gaster sat down at his computer again, staring at the screen for a good moment.

"There's nothing to document... Yet, that is."

Gaster then gave his attention to the needle, walking over to it and holding it in his burnt hand. And so, he began experimenting with the soul power he had extracted.
He ran various tests, testing if it would burn different items and materials, testing if it itself could dissolve.

Soon enough, he began thinking of ways he could use it with technology. And he successfully did so... Or, soon enough he would.
He spent around a week simply testing and using the soul power for a multitude of different things, and then, he was ready to document once more.

Entry Log No.2
Interesting results have showcased themselves with this new human soul.
I've tested it in a multitude of different ways, and have come to a conclusion:

For "soul power" rendered useful, there must be more. I only managed to extract a small amount, and have rendered it close to useless with this little amount.

I managed to create a small pistol, ejecting it with the small amount of soul power I had obtained. As a result, it managed to create a small green shield in which, shortly after usage shattered into tiny pieces. This small amount of soul power isn't enough. I need more for better results.

Though what I find interesting is that, after using the pistol, and after the soul power had been used up, there was a tiny amount of red soul power in the syringe, though I haven't gotten to experimenting with that yet.

End of entry log no.2

"... I need more."

He said quietly, staring at his screen before shutting off the PC, walking out of his lab and towards the elevator once more.
As Gaster exited the lab, thoughts would still be rushing through his head. He didn't know if they were of regret, or of satisfaction. He shook his head and grunted, making his way towards Asgore's home, knocking on the door and waiting for an answer.

The door opened, and he was met with Toriel's presence, as she gave him a warm smile.

"Gaster! What an unexpected surprise! Please, do come in."

"Good to see you as well, Toriel."

He made his way into the house, placing his cost on a coat hanger by the door, and then went to sit down on a nice sofa in the living room. Gaster looked around the room. Many many pictures of the royal family, some serious ones, and some silly ones. There were pictures of Asgore and Toriel's wedding, of Asriel as a baby etc.

"So, Toriel. Where is Asgore right now?"

"Oh, he's out doing some errands, getting some groceries, and hopefully buying those flowers I asked him for."

Toriel was in the kitchen, which wasn't far from the living room, but she still had to speak loudly for Gaster to hear her.

"Right... And what about the little prince?"

"Asgore took him along. It has been some time since they had some "father son" time to themselves."

Toriel walked into the living room, holding a piping hot cup of tea, handing it to Gaster. Gaster nodded and smiled at her, taking a tiny sip.

"Well, there are some things I'd like to discuss with him. Some very important business from back at the lab."

"Oh? What have you gotten up to this time Gaster?"

Toriel chuckled jokingly. Though Gaster only responded with a crooked grin and a faint not so real chuckle.

"I've gotten myself into more than I bargained for. Though, I do suppose it is some... Interesting information."

"Well, why don't you tell me and I'll pass on the message to him? It will be a couple of hours until he returns."

"No no, not possible. This is confidential information."

"Oh, alright then. Understood."

They both sat in silence for a good few minutes, before Gaster took a sip of his tea, tapping his finger on the cup's handle.

"Toriel. Have you ever... seen, a human soul? And not from the books. I mean, right in front of you?"

Toriel kept quiet for a few moments as she thought of a response, taking a sip of her tea.

"I'm afraid not. I've only seen humans die, and their soul never showed afterwards."

"That is quite interesting..."

Gaster would look down for a moment. Why didn't Toriel see a human soul? Why has he only seen them after killing them? If they died in the war, which they surely did, then why weren't their souls there? Why... So many questions, yet so little answers. He chugged down the rest of his tea and stood up, placing the cup on a small table.

"Well the tea was lovely Toriel. Thank you for having me. Despite it being so short of time."

He began walking towards the door, grabbing his coat on the way out.

"Leaving on such short notice?"

Toriel commented, standing up and walking towards Gaster.

"Terribly sorry, but I just remembered I have some... Unfinished work to attend to. Have a good day, Toriel. And please do notify Asgore that I must have a talk with him."

"Will do Gaster. Have a good day!"

"And you too, Toriel."

He then walked out of the house and made his way towards his workshop again. He went down the elevator and made his way to the lab, quickly walking towards the human corpses. And sure enough they were still there.

"How do you function, little ones?"

He made his way to the computer and stared at the screen, reading through his two previous logs. He realized something. He couldn't continue research unless he got more human souls. More bodies. More... He needed...

"More."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
1.1M 49.5K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
11.4M 297K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
28.8M 915K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...