REVENANCE

By THQDRAIZO

Kade Northwood, once a powerful, wealthy and corrupt businessman, now driven to commit murder in a fit of rag... More

V1 ‐ C1 - P1: Revenance Pt1.
V1 ‐ C1 - P2: Revenance Pt1.
V1 ‐ C1 - P3: Revenance Pt1.
V1 - C1 - P4: Revenance Pt1.
V1 - C1 - P5: Revenance Pt1.
V1 - C2 - P1: Revenance Pt2.
V1 - C2 - P2: Revenance Pt2.
V1 - C2 - P3: Revenance Pt2.
V1 - C2 - P4: Revenance Pt2.
V1 - C2 - P5: Revenance Pt2.
V1 - C3 - P1: Entrance Preparation Pt1.
V1 - C3 - P2: Entrance Preparation Pt1.
V1 - C3 - P3: Entrance Preparation Pt1.
V1 - C3 - P4: Entrance Preparation Pt1.
V1 - C3 - P5: Entrance Preparation Pt1.
V1 - C4 - P1: Entrance Preparation Pt2.
V1 - C4 - P2: Entrance Preparation Pt2.
V1 - C4 - P3: Entrance Preparation Pt2.
V1 - C4 - P4: Entrance Preparation Pt2.
V1 - C4 - P5: Entrance Preparation Pt2.
V1 - C5 - P1: Entrance Preparation Pt3.
V1 - C5 - P2: Entrance Preparation Pt3.
V1 - C5 - P3: Entrance Preparation Pt3.
V1 - C5 - P4: Entrance Preparation Pt3.
V1 - C5 - P5: Entrance Preparation Pt3.
V1 - C6 - P1: Combative Trials.
V1 - C6 - P2: Combative Trials.
V1 - C6 - P3: Combative Trials.
V1 - C6 - P4: Combative Trials.
V1 - C6 - P5: Combative Trials.
V1 - C7 - P1: Inability.
V1 - C7 - P2: Inability.
V1 - C7 - P3: Inability.
V1 - C7 - P4: Inability.
V1 - C7 - P5: Inability.
V1 - C8 - P1: Father Of Lies.
V1 - C8 - P2: Father Of Lies.
V1 - C8 - P4: Father Of Lies.
V1 - C8 - P5: Father Of Lies.
V1 - C9 - P1: Ravenous Wolves.
V1 - C9 - P2: Ravenous Wolves.
V1 - C9 - P3: Ravenous Wolves.
V1 - C9 - P4: Ravenous Wolves.
V1 - C9 - P5: Ravenous Wolves.

V1 - C8 - P3: Father Of Lies.

0 0 0
By THQDRAIZO

(INT) means "In Thought" as in thinking.
(MRY) means "Memory" as in remembering something.

----------------------

Silence held everyone in place, with the soothing sounds of birds, waterfall, and nearby lake giving them a sense of calmness.

Professor Tasneem:
"Now begin by taking slow, deep breaths, and then envision your mana flowing through your body and to your fists. Then try and focus on directing the mana to your fists."

Some closed their eyes, taking deep breaths to concentrate their mana. It was as challenging as trying to spot a marked pebble in a field of rocks.

Professor Tasneem:
"Let me provide an example to help visualize how to direct your mana."
"Imagine submerging your arm in a vat of water, which represents your mana, elbow-first."
"Now envision feeling the liquid gradually covering your forearms and fists as you slowly lower your arm deeper into the liquid."

While some in the class were starting to grasp envisioning and gaining mana control, Wu, Ara, and Haneul faced some difficulties.
As the class kept breathing and concentrating on their mana, the professor moved closer to Wu, standing beside him.

Professor Tasneem:
"I see that you're having difficulty concentrating, my friend?"

Hei'an Wu(INT):
"What the hell does it look like, you old thing?"
"Tch, there's no point to this anymore. I'm already set up to fail."

Professor Tasneem:
"I understand that controlling mana can be challenging, especially for someone like you with a short fuse."

He glared at the professor.

Professor Tasneem:
*Sigh*
"Listen, I understand your frustration."
"It can be tough to stay motivated when you feel like you're falling behind."
"Some people get so caught up in their failures that they end up missing out on opportunities to succeed."

Hei'an Wu:
"...Right."

Professor Tasneem:
"So instead of dwelling on your setbacks, focus on your goals and visualize your success."
"So let's work on this together, okay? Let's start by taking some deep breaths and visualizing the outcome 'you' want."

Wu's stressed and gradual anger began to soften; he tightened his fists, closed his eyes, and started visualizing.

Professor Tasneem:
"Let us revisit to what I've said earlier."
"Imagine the sensation of water slowly rising from your elbow to your forearm, wrist, and then finally to your fist."

He inhaled deeply, held the breath, and then slowly exhaled. Another breath, then another. Then, to his shock and amazement, a ringing, mysterious sound filled his ears. When he opened his eyes, he saw his arm and fist glowing with a brilliant white and yellow light.

Hei'an Wu(INT):
"So this is my Physical Imbueation..."

Haneul and Ayas arms emit a calming fire.

Haneul Yoon & Kagetsuki Aya:
"Wow..."

Haneul Yoon:
"My arm's on fire!"

Shi and Ara's arms were enveloped in darkness resembling flames.

Ren's arm glows a bright neon red. A glowing orb of water surrounds Chiara's fists.

Chiara Ricci:
"Wow..."
"I– it feels so nice..."

Haos arms looked shiny, bright, and emanated steam.

Huo Hao:
"HHOAH! So cool!"

Daewon's arm was covered in glowing ice and spikes, loosely similar to the professor's.
Kuros arm emitted a faint bright glow of green and winds.

Kaimana Kuro:
"Wow, look at me, I've achieved something great..."
"But you know what? I think I deserve a celebration... In the form of a long, well-earned nap after this."
*Yawn*

Tokiko's arm glows a faint white, enveloped in clouds.

Professor Tasneem:
"Now listen, my students, the appearance of your P.I technique can vary depending on the Elemental Magic you possess, as well as your personal affinity towards it."

As he gazed at his arm exuding a bright light, Wu felt a sense of satisfaction wash over him. He couldn't help but grow a soft, smile across his face, and he let out a subtle chuckle in acknowledgement of his P.I.

Suddenly, he felt a gaze upon him and turned to find Tokiko's eyes locked on his. They held each other's gaze for a moment until he noticed her, and she quickly looked away. His eye widened slightly, before he cleared his throat and returned to his usual scowling expression.

Hei'an Wu:
"Tch..."

Professor Tasneem:
"Now remember, while what you've achieved is already impressive, you have yet to reach the true potential of Physical Imbueation."
"The false version you see before you is just the beginning."

Huo Hao:
"Ara, Ara! Look at this! My arm is so shiny!"

Haeun Ara:
"Yeah, I can definitely see that."

Haneul Yoon:
"Woah! It's like a calm ocean wave, but instead of water, it's fire..."

Professor Tasneem:
"That's good to know, my friend."
"?"

The professor noticed Mujin standing off to the side more near to the lake, distant from the class, with his back turned.

Professor Tasneem:
"How's your progress going, my friend?–"

He headed in Mujin's direction, but stopped abruptly when he neared, seemingly hesitant to step forward for whatever reason.

Mujin gazed silently at his forearm and hand, where a bright, light blue aura emanated, sparking with electric energy. His back was turned so no one would know what expression he gave off to his P.I.

Haneul walked past the professor with a bright smile spread across his face, and approached Mujin.

Haneul Yoon:
"Hey Daesu! That's a cool P.I you have there!"

Mujin Daeho:
"Yeah..."
"It's pretty nifty, not gonna lie."
"But I don't know..."

Professor Tasneem:
*Clears throat*
"You seem almost dissatisfied? Is there something the matter?"

The glow and sparks faded from his arm as he turned to gaze back at the professor with an arched eyebrow.

Mujin Daeho:
"No, it's not that I don't like it."
"I'm actually in quite of a good mood."
"Sir."

Professor Tasneem:
"Hm, that's good to hear."

The professor gestured for everyone to approach the lake. The emanation and glow from their arms faded as they gathered around him, and he took the center position among the students.

Professor Tasneem:
"Alright everyone, since you have a basic understanding of mana control, it's time for me to introduce another mana technique."
"Which I unfortunately won't be able to demonstrate. So, I'll just explain it for now, and we can explore it more in-depth at a later lesson."

The students listened closely.

Professor Tasneem:
"The technique I'll be discussing is Combination Technique, also known as Combine."
"The Combination Technique is an advanced method that allows you to blend your own or another person's Innate Magic or Elemental Magic."

"By harmonizing the natural mana that shapes your magic and casting it in unison with a different type of magic, you can produce a synergistic effect and attack that is far more powerful than just using one magic."

"The basic principles of mana control are required to even learn this technique, so it's best to start there if you wish to learn it."

Haneul Yoon(INT):
"Hard to believe that people actually created these techniques, there's so many!"
"This only makes me want to learn more."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

812K 30K 31
[Completed] Warning : The story is unedited. I apologize for the numerous grammatical errors within and messy storyline. *** After my death, I'm grat...
3K 174 7
After an unexplained explosion sends the City Of Dynasty into total chaos many of its inhabitants began to develop superhuman abilities. Many years l...
193 55 32
In a world of magic and corruption, a young hero called Ren Kuzure rises to stand against the evil that plagues the world. But when his family is cut...
70 10 10
This is the story of a college student who was reincarnated as a dragon with a near insatiable curiosity. Sparked by questioning his own reincarnatio...