CaitBea (One Shots)

By caffeine_and_poetry

While on break, I thought I should write at least One shots of CaitBea. Hope you enjoy reading every story ๐Ÿ’›... More

Mixed signals
Kumu live with ate Mels
The one
Behind the camera

Lucky you!

1.1K 17 2
By caffeine_and_poetry

Do you actually believe in luck?

It is somewhat similar to those esoteric beliefs that we have like soulmates.

What if, you already found your luck but there is an underlying circumstance that you must follow. Will you stick to adhering to it? Even if it means heartbreak for you.

Bea

"Go, Beabell! C'mon! " I said whispering cheering for the horse which I own and had been taking care of to join horse races for almost a year now.

Unlucky for me, she seems to be losing again this time as three horses are already ahead of her towards the finish line.

And there! The horse on the 7th track was the first one to made it to the finish line followed by the other 2 horses..

"Dude! Talo ka na naman!" Deanna teases. She's my bestie since High School. We made a bet. Apparently, nanalo na naman ang isang Deanna Wong!

"Oo na! You won! So, is it just fair enough for you to treat us coffee this time?" I routed my gaze at her and moved my brows up and down playfully.

"Ay, hindi ate Bei. Ang usapan ay usapan" She countered.

"Minalas ka na naman 'te Bei! Si mister pa kasi sinasama mo at nakikipagpustahan ka pa eh!" Thang chimed in to our conversation. She's my older cousin and a friend of mine at the same time "May balat 'yan sa p'wet nakita ko!" she jokingly said as she burst out laughing.

"Hoy, mister! Ikaw kaya 'yong may balat sa p'wet sa 'ting dalawa" Deanna snorts

Is it really all about luck?

Or maybe things are already destined to happen and it's just a matter of where and when.

"Ate Bei? Hooyyy! Lutang?" Thang.

"Sorry, ano 'yon?" I asked as quickly as I came back to my senses. To the reality. Okay, I zoned out.

"Kita mo 'to. Kanina pa kami daldal ng daldal dito, hindi ka pala nakikinig!" Thang grumbIed. I took my cash out of my wallet and handed it over to Deanna. I think five (5) thousand is already a big amount for me to lose. Most especially now, I badly have to save our properties from being sold and to pay off the mortgage on our house. "Sabi ni Deanna, sasamahan ka daw n'ya sa lugar nila sa Binondo." She stated.

"Hanap tayo ng mabisang pampaswerte. They're selling all kinds of lucky charms there. Gusto mo, we can consult to a fortune teller, too." Deanna suggested and hooked her arms on my shoulder pulling me slightly towards her. My eyes spotted and suddenly glued on the cash I handed to her just a few minutes ago for a moment. I inevitably let out a sigh. Kailangan ko 'yon eh.

"Fine. Kailangan ko 'yong effective talaga, ha?" I respond. Maybe I should give it a shot.

"Libre mo muna kaya kami, Mister" Thang

"Yeah, right. Manlibre ka naman" Pag sang-ayon ko kay Thang.

Well, wala namang masama to believe with some sort of things like what they call, mga "pampaswerte" or lucky charms. Especially sa mga chinese..

Aside from astrology (horoscopes and fortune reading, they also believe in Feng Shui. So you know, to get your surroundings aligned with who you are and where you want to be (wishes and dreams) and everything in your favor-to harmonize your energy with your environment's energy. They believe that would attract positive energy and eventually, good luck.

There's nothing to lose kung susubukan ko, 'di ba?

---

Deanna and I entered a store wherein you can see and purchase different kinds of pampaswerte. They have this waving golden cats, marbles, bracelets and a lot of luck charms.

We were startled when a woman in her late thirties (I assume) suddenly showed up in front of us and spoke. If I .not mistaken, she's the owner of this store.

"Oh My G..!" I screamed in horror. I mean in shock.

"Mabisang paswerte ba hanap n'yo?" The woman asked.

"Opo sana. Itong kaibigan ko, she needs one. Any recommendations po sa mga meron kayo dito?" Deanna answered.

The woman throw her sight at me.

"Have you heard about the so called, life charm?" She asked checking our familiarity with whatever it is she had mentioned. But it's a never heard for me as it seems.

"Life charm?" Deanna and I asked in unison.

And apparently, same goes for Deanna. Akala ko may alam na s'ya sa mga ganito.

Caitlin

"Life charm. Hindi mo ba alam, darling?" Achi Des said overtly surprised that I don't have any, even the slightest idea about what she's been talking about. She's my friend I met when I first joined the beauty pageant here in our barangay.

"Life charm? Bakit? Ano ba 'yan, Achi? I asked full of confusion. "Ate, ito na po." I handed my registration form and offered a small smile to the lady assisting the potential participants. I now have my attention back to achi Des.

"Good luck attractor, pampaswerte ba, gan'on. Pero ang life charm, pwedeng tao or alagang hayop.' Des explains.

"Miss, may kulang pa po. Di n'yo po nilagay 'yong purpose n'yo for joining." We were momentarily interrupted by the girl who handed me back the form I just filled out.

My purpose of joining? S'yempre to win the cash prize. Para sa pagpapagamot ni papa and sa small business namin which I hate to say, palugi na..

"Thank you."After ko masagutan ulit, I immediately returned my registration form.

"Darling!" Des called.

"Oh? Darling tulungan mo kaya ako magtrain ulit. Di ba dapat ang focus ko ang manalo sa contest para sa pagpapagamot ni mama at tsaka pambayad namin sa mga utang ni papa?"
I tell her bring my attention back to her.

My mom's kidneys are no longer seefunctioning well so she needs to undergo dialysis and my dad's been addicted to gambling since I was a teenager. Saklap!

"Eh, oo nga. Pero bakit ka ba kasi minamalas? I mean, pang ilang sali mo na 'yan and hindi kamanalo-nalo. Maganda ka naman, magaganda costumes at gowns na sinusuot mo. You've got everything. Pero 'di ka man lang nakaka abot sa Q and A." Nang-aasar ba 'to or ano?

"Pwede ba Achi, huwag mo na ipa-alala.sa 'kin yung mga nakaraan! At tsaka isa pa, hindi ako minamalas. Siguro sadyang mas magagaling lang talaga sa 'kin. But this time, I'll make sure, I take home the crown. Remember that!" I tell her. I turned back at her and started walking.
And she also started walking fast to keep up with me.

"Alam mo darling, kahit anong pag t-train ang gawin natin, sinasabi ko sa 'yo ngayon, need mong subukang humanap ng life charm. Minsan kasi kahit anong pagsisikap, di umuubra. It has to be accompanied by luck." Achi Des said. Well, she has a point naman.

I was taken back at the realization. Maybe she's right. Wala naman sigurong masama if subukan ko..

"Paano ko ba mahahanap 'yang life charm na 'yan? Tsaka, effective ba talaga 'yan?" Maybe it's just the stupidest thing I heard. Pero desperado na 'ko eh.

May gano'n ba talaga? Malas? Swerte? All I know is, it is us who make our own fate. Our life.

Bea

"Yes. But, it is something you cannot purchase or have with the use of your money." The woman made it clear.

"Hmmkay. So, priceless you say?" for sure that is super effective.

The woman just gave me a nod. I can see that Deanna's starting to be cynical here. I must say.

"Eh paano ko po mahahanap 'yong life charm? And how can I be so sure na nahanap ko na nga?" I queried once again.

"It depends on what life charm you will find. Kapag there are consecutive lucks happening in your life with that life charm consistently present, that means nahanap mo na. And there are things you should and you shouldn't do to make sure na laging gumagana ang life charm." She informed me.

"I'm all ears." I say.

"Kapag ornaments, it should be blessed. Dapat may bendisyon. If it is an animal or a plant, it should be taken cared of. Kapag tao, you are not supposed to love that person." She continued.

"Okay, madam. I still got one thing to ask you. How can I be so sure that I'll be able to find that life charm?" I impatiently asked.

There, she showed me a green stone like a big holen (or jolen/marble)

"In order to find that life charm of yours, you must have this. This is called "eye of the mountain Buddha" . This will surely help."

"And how much will it cost me?" I questioned forwardly.

--------

"Kaloka ka, ate Bei! Just for that marble, you spent twenty (20) thousand?" Deanna while shaking her head in total disbelief.

"And why not? If this will bring me luck." I tell her.

We're walking our way to Deanna's car as I am tossing playfully up in the air the marble, I mean the eye of the mountain Buddha I just bought when suddenly I bumped to a girl walking towards us in opposite direction. I was more like anxious about the marble more than my own. Glad it didn't break into pieces cause she was able to catch it.

"Darling!" I heard the other girl shout.

"Oouuchhh naman!" She screeches.

"Oh my! I'm so sorry. Sorry talaga miss." She must be hurt as she's stroking lightly her shoulder kung saan ko siya nabangga.

The girl I bumped into handed me back the marble.

"Thank you so much! Buti hindi nabasag. Pasensya na I wasn't looking my way. Are you okay, miss?" I tell her thankful, embarrassed and apologetic at the same time.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Next time, be watchful of where you're going para hindi ka nakakabangga." She replied with a small smile. In fairness, cute s'ya. I kept looking in her eyes. Her smile. Pero mukhang masungit.

"I'm really sorry. Salamat pala ulit." I shyly told her.

She and the other girl started walking again and so me and Deanna. But the moment I lift my right door to start walking, I saw 300 pesos down there where I stepped on.

Pretty weird 'coz I got this feeling about her that I can't even explain. A strange feeling, for sure the best word to describe it.

Caitlin

"I'm telling you, sa family nga namin ako ang life charm." Des pridefully claimed.

"Ikaw talaga? Hindi ba si ate Djanel?' I joked.

"Ewan ko sa 'yo, darling! Pangit mo talaga eh!" She's a little pissed off now. "But seriously, you need to find your life charm. Malay mo 'di ba?" Des said continuing with that life charm discussion.

"Totoo ba talaga 'yan, Achi? That life charm you keep talking about ?" It actually caught my curiosity. Hindi naman talaga ako 'yong tipong naniniwala sa mga gan'yang bagay.

"Oo. Tap-" Des was interrupted when I suddenly bumped into a towering girl. She's so tall and- and good-looking.

"Ouuuchh naman!" I shrieked in pain. Though, I was able to catch the marble she was playing. Naging good catcher pa ako do'n sa part na 'yon.

"Oh my! I'm so sorry. Sorry talaga miss." She apologized.

I handed her back the marble.

"Thank you so much! Buti hindi nabasag. Pasensya na I wasn't looking my way. Are you okay, miss?" She uttered.

Buti na lang I wasn't hurt that bad. May pageant pa ko that I need to join. Still lucky me, right?

"Yeah, I'm okay. Next time, be watchful of where you're going para hindi ka nakakabangga." I replied.

She once apologized and thanked me for saving her marble. My gosh! Weird. She seems to care more about that marble than herself.

Anyway, we continued walking our way so I could still think of way to make sure I win that crown. I need to.

A week later...

"Ayos lang 'yan darling. Hahanap na lang ulit tayo ng contest na pwede mo pa salihan." Achi Des stroking repeatedly my back to give comfort.

"Haaaaay." I sigh as I paused for a moment. "Sayang kase first runner up, konti na lang eh. Mas malaki sana ang premyo kung nanalo ako." I am so much frustrated at this point. The most painful thing when joining any contest is you, being the first runner up. You are so close to winning. ALMOST THERE! A one step closer.

"Alam ko na. Bakit kasi pang fourth ka. Candidate number four (4). Malas ang number 4. Hindi mo ba alam?" I looked at my fancy rosette ruffle contestant number. "Tsaka dapat nag red gown ka!" She added. Si Achi talaga sobrang mapamahiin na Chinese eh. But it's new to me. Malas ang number 4? Talaga?

"Alam mo Achi, kahit naman iba ang number ko at mag red gown ako, for sure di pa rin ako mananalo 'no! Sobrang galing din kasi talaga ni Michelle." Michelle's my fellow contestant who won the crown.

"Pero sana nasabihan pala kita. Akin na 'yang flowers at bag mo tsaka magpalit ka muna ng tsinelas mahihirapan ka pa mag b-bus lang tayo pauwi sa inyo." Buti na lang Achi Des is always here for me.

"Thanks, Achi!" I hugged her. There's still next time, Cait. Cheer up!

Bea

"Te Bei, ang lucky number mo according dito ay 4. Di ba Leo ka?" Deanna's holding a newspaper. I bet she's reading the astrology column, reading horoscopes.

"Oo na. Tara na nga samahan mo na 'ko sa Casino. Baka swertehin na ako."

----

The night that day. (10:04 pm)

"Sayang 'te Bei! Umupo ka pa kasi ulit doon eh. Panalo ka na eh. Hundred thousand. Sayang."I definitely know that. H'wag mo na ipaalala Deans, please?

"Kainis! Oo na sayang talaga. Nasilaw kasi ako eh. I thought magtutuloy-tuloy." I am about to breakdown.

"Ate Bei. Nagtext pala si Ivy. Hindi kita mahahtid hanggang sa inyo. Sorry talaga. I need to pick her up na. Ibaba na lang kita sa terminal ng bus." Deanna.

I just nod.

(At the bus terminal)

Bakit naman biglang umulan? Naman oh! I lost a huge amount of money and here I am, with my shirt is almost drenched with rain.

( Cait and Bea are waiting for the bus at the same terminal. And they are getting so close to each other as they are only an inch apart. The waiting area is crowded since maulan and a lot of passengers are there. At nang magkadikit sila, the rain suddenly stopped pouring and the bus has arrived. )

"Gosh! Buti naman, finally." I said as we are getting up inside the bus out of relief for almost half an hour waiting.

I was so annoyed kasi masyadong malikot at mabilis magmaneho ang driver. I instinctively hold dun sa top edge ng headrest that caused me to unintentionally touched the hair of the girl sitting in front of me.

My phone rang to my surprise. I pulled it out of my pocket to see who's calling. It's Thang.

"Hello, ate Bei?" Thang on the other line.

"Oh, Thang! Bakit?" I answered.

"Naalala mo 'yong customers natin last time sa photo studio na family?" She began.

"Yes, bakit?" I asked with full of curiosity and kinakabahan. Nagkaproblema kaya?

"She was happy daw with our service and with that, she's recommending us to her friends who are also needing professional photo and video services para sa mga event and special occasions for this month here lang din sa Manila. And take note, 10 silang lahat who are needing our services. Grabe! Dami na natin ulit customers ate!" Exhilaratingly she said the news.

"Talaga?" I asked making sure.

"Oo ate. Tapos..." I wasn't able to focus and listen to whatever Thang is saying from the other line when it came to my realization that maybe. This girl sitting beside me with number 4 tag pinned on her dress who seems to had just joined in a beauty contest (cause she's all glammed) is my life charm.

Baka s'ya na nga.

"Thang. Wait lang. I'll hang up for a moment. I'll just give you a call back. Okay?" I didn't even wait for her to respond and I already hung up the call.

To test the luck, without much thinking, I reached for her.

Caitlin

I was startled when this taller girl sitting behind me and Des for reason that I don't know and care, touched my shoulder.

"Oh my gosh! Bakit po?" I tell her in so much shock and looked at her. I moved my shoulder away a bit but she's still not removing her hand from me. Even Achi Des nagulat eh. Maybe with how I reacted.

Nakatingin lang din s'ya sa akin. Ano ba 'to? I'm starting to get upset here.

I am at the moment literally freaking out! Sisigaw na sana ako when the bus fare collector shouted and all our attention were turned at him. Still the girl's hand on my shoulder. It's making me uncomfortable. It seriously bothers me already. But I don't want to make a scene here.

"Libre na daw ang pamasahe n'yong lahat!" Everyone screamed and clapped in so much joy about the news they've just heard. Who wouldn't be when given a free ride?

Napatingin ulit ako sa katabi ko and thank goodness, she already had her hand off of me. She's being weird already. Pangiti-ngiti at tuwang-tuwa siya like she won in a lottery. Crazy!

"Ayos ka lang, darling?" Des worried

"Achi, mabaliw.na manyak yata 'yan eh. Baba na tayo. Natatakot na 'ko" I told to Achi so she grabbed my things

Takot na takot na 'ko and I was really upset na, so Des and I stood up from our seats. I need to get out of here. Nakakainis naman.

"Miss, anong pangalan mo?" The girl asked.

Pagsinuswerte ka nga naman oh!

"Manong bababa na po kami" I bawled. I was walking my way down so fast.

"Miss wait lang!"

Pagkababa namin, ay bumaba na din 'yong girl still going after me and Des.

I decided to stop. I am disgusted and frightened with what's happening now.

"Ano bang kailangan mo? Tantanan mo na 'ko maawa ka naman!" I begged.

"W- w- wait. Hear me out first. I know this is kind of weird. Pero..." She starts but..

"Oo weird ka talaga!" I cut her off. "So please kung ano pa man 'yan, pagod ako at uuwi na kami" I said trying to make our way out of her.

"Sorry na but, pwede makinig ka kase muna?" She then took a short pause. Fine. Saglit lang naman siguro baka magaalok lang ng product or what. Para matapos na. "I have this feeling kase na-ikaw, ikaw ang swerte ko!" She explained.

Ako?

"Baliw ka ba? Or high?" Nakadrvgs yata 'to eh! "Okay na. Narinig ko na ang gusto mong sabihin kaya, please lang uuwi na kami."

"Napatunayan ko na nga kanina. Sige na please, tell me anong name mo?" She still kept going.

Scammer 'to eh!

"Teka! Bakit ko ibibigay pangalan ko sa 'yo? Tara na Achi!" Fir sure this is another scheme for scamming.

"Miss, sige na. Ganito. I know you need money, right? Sasama ka lang sa 'kin Wala kang ilalabas na pera even a single centavo. So, I'm Bea. Bea de Leon. Ikaw, ano nga pangalan mo?" She said and offered a handshake. She's not giving up and I don't think she has a plan to.

A bit tempting for me. Totoo namang kailangan ko ng pera. Kaso...

"Caitlin." I was about to reach for her hand when my phone rang.

It's my older brother, kuya Bry.

"Oh, kuya. Pauwi na kami." I answered.

---

We rushed into the hospital. There I saw kuya and mom.

Tumaas na naman ang blood pressure ni mama and kuya saw her daw suddenly fainted down the floor.

(Outside the hospital building)

"Sabi ko naman sa 'yo. Kaya kitang tulungan, Caitlin. Sasama ka lang sa 'kin. Ni piso, Wala kang ilalabas. Nararamdaman ko eh. Thi is the exact feeling when I last won a huge amount of money sa sugal." Bea.

Baka tama siya? I looked at her and so she looked back at me.

Heto na ba 'yon? Wala na ba talaga akong choice?

"Sige." Bahala na!

--------

(The next day)

"So, naniniwala ka na nga?" Des was obviously shookt with what I said.

"No choice na 'ko Achi eh. Wala na 'kong ibang maisip na way para magka-pera." I definitely feel helpless.and hopeless. "I'm still having a thought about it though." I tell her in my defense.

"Pumayag ka na eh! Tsaka darling, h'wag ka nang magback out d'yan."

"Huh? Bakit naman?" I throw my gaze at her, confused.

"Darling, think about it. Wala ka naman talagang talo d'yan eh. Dahil kung hindi 'yan totoo, You lose nothing. Pero kung totoo, if you're really the life charm, makakabayad ka na sa utang ng family n'yo at makakabili ka na kahit pa pang-isa or kahit ilang taon pang maintenance ni tita Christine." And yet again, Achi Des always makes a point.

------

That same day, Bea and I discussed the terms of our agreement. We should set a goal. the first on the list is, after winning a hundred thousand (per day), it's already time for us to stop and call it a day to put the money we earned in a bank account which, I am the only one to have access with the atm card 'coz Bea mentioned that she has issues with managing or spending her money. She's a compulsive spender, an extravagant.She said she wants to change. For the better. Second thing we negotiated about is how much share will I be having here. It's a 50-50 share for the both of us. Fair enough. Since gumagana lang naman ang swerte niya when I'm around. And take note, hindi naman ako maglalabas any amount dito so, everthing's in my favor.

The following day, we went to a very prestigious Casinos to play craps. Of course, I asked Des to come with us. For my safety. And actually I am now starting to believe in luck, in life charm. To think we didn't even lose once. Sa kalahating araw lang, na-hit agad namin ang goal for today na hundred thousand.

Sa mga sumunod na araw, we tried our luck din sa mga malalaking cockfights and other sweepstakes like lottery, horse races and jueteng.

We also considered the level of closeness we could do to make sure na gagana ang swerte. And it turns out, the closer we are from one another, the luckier we get. Most of the times na naglalaro kami, I mean siya, we hold hands and we hug especially kapag when we're winning.

And now I know why gambling is addictive. Why Bea got addictied to these kinds of things.

It's Sunday, And we are here at the photo studio Bea owns.

"Hoy, Bea! Trip mo ba 'tong kaibigan ko?" Des teasingly asked.

'Achi ano bang pinagsasabi mo?" I slapped her arm. Kung anu-ano pinagsasabi naman nito ni Achi eh.

I saw Bea chuckles.

"Eh, poganda kaya nito ni Bea and you bff, pwede na din" I was about to hit her with my bag nang umiwas s'ya papalayo. "Tsaka palagi kayong magkasama. Who knows, baka nagkadevelope-an na kayo?" Dagdag asar pa nito.

"Hindi ah. I'm professional. And also, it is forbidden by the eye of the mountain Buddha's manual. Baka maputol ang luck." She protested. And obviously, she doesn't have any plan to.

I don't know but it somehow tugged at my heartstrings.

"Do you actually believe in that?" It just came out. She gave me a quick look.

"Of course! And we should be extra careful." She continued whatever she's doing with her camera. "Why? Do you have any plan on, you know?" She asked obviously unserious.

I let out a sarcastic laugh "Wala 'no! Feeling ka naman masyado."

As days went by, as usual we're busy doing business. Merely business. Gambling.

And we also got to know a lot of things about each other. And started to get comfortable with each other's company. We also help each other sa mga even perosnal matters.

After a lucky tiring day passed, we treat our friends, Deanna and Des to a dinner.

"Grabe 'no? Gan'on pala ang feeling! Pero alam mo Bea, naniniwala ako na ito, the luck the we have, isn't forever. Dapat samahan pa rin natin ng sipag. Luck and hardwork should come hand in hand."

"I agree." Deanna.

"Hindi ba? Kasi kung ganito ng ganito like kung ganito mo lang kadali nakukuha ang isang bagay, tingin mo? you'll take an effort to value or give importance to it?" I just simply want to put my realizations here to words.

"Bakit? Nag effort naman ako d'yan ah? Ang sipag-sipag ko kaya." Bea defends herself.

"Magsugal?" Deanna laughs

"Parang hindi na nga yata naliligo at natutulog 'yan si Bea para lang magsugal eh" Des commented.

"That's true!" Pang-aasar ulit ni Deanna sa kaibigan.

Several months passed, and we decided to have our last game. SInce malaki na din ang naipon namin. More enough to solve 'yong mga bagay na pino-problema lang namin nung mga nakaraang buwan. Siya na rin ang may hawak ng atm card. I know she has changed a lot.

And today is our last game ...

We decided to go to Casino to play craps.
For the very last time.

Bea

Today's the last day we'll be playing.

"Dude, there were lots of drop dead gorgeous chics 1here. Sana sumama ka." Deanna busy with her food but still manage to talk.

I was so busy with my phone scrolling through Cait's ig posts. Without me noticing it, I am smiling and stared at her latest post. It was our picture together the other day when She helped me sa studio. I kept my phone back at my pocket.

"Deans. I need few more days to withdraw." I told her.

"Bakit, 'te Bei?" She looked at dazedly

"Basta. Kailangan na natin mag all-in" I went back to finishing my food. We're at a resto by the way.

Hours later at the Casino

The first and second time we got to roll the 2 dice at once, It keep giving numbers adding up to 7.

We're starting to worry about it. Malaking halaga ang oinusta Namin dito.

"Cait, Bakit tayo minamalas?" I asked very upset.

"Hindi ko alam." Obviously kinakabahan na din si Cait.

"I need another set of chips." Isa pa. Baka mabawi pa namin.

For the third and fourth tries, same thing pa din. Sobrang na f-frustrate na ko!

Inaawat na 'ko ni Cait. I still want to play 'til mabawi namin 'yong talo.

"I need more chips." I told her

"Tama na, Bea" Pag-awat sa 'kin ni Cait.

Head our way out of the Casino.

"Cait, ano 'yong nangyari sa loob? Bakit tayo minalas? I don't get it." She burst out.

This will be the last time and then this happened?

Caitlin

"Bea, alam mo naman na eh. Don't act as if you're clueless here!"

"What? Ano ba 'yon? What is that you're feeling in there?" She points at my chest where my heart's supposed to be located.

"Bakit ikaw?" Balik kong tanong hoping she'll tell me the things I want to hear from her.

" I still have lots of debts to pay for! Marami pa 'kong kailangang bayaran pa." She said whining.

"Utang? Talaga 'yan pa talaga iniisip mo?" She's so unbelievable!

I mean I get it. But she doesn't have to seriously to it to heart that stupid manual of her freaking marble that she calls eye of the golden Buddha that she always bring with her. Hindi ko din naman sinasadya. Unknowingly, I have already fallen for her! Hindi ko naman 'to ginusto.

"Oo. Kase in the first place 'yon naman talaga ang dahilan why we are here, right?" Bea.

"Ang self-centered mo naman! Ako, ako nandito ako, 'yong nanay ko may sakit" I hollered. "Tapos Ikaw? Utang iniisip mo? Ang selfish mo!" I've had enough!

"And that is exactly why we can't even go there!" She's now raising her voice at me, too.

"Bea!" A girl an inch taller than Bea does in a boy haircut called.. He is accompanied by 3 more persons..

"Who are they?" I asked

Bea's trying to keep me from them in her back.

"J-just trust me, I won't let them do and bad to you." She assured.

What did she got herself into this time?

It's the first time I've seen them and Bea never mentioned about them.

They're walking towards us.

"Riri!' Bea.

"Akala mo, makakqpagtago ka sa 'kin?" That girl named Riri said.

"Huh? Hindi ako nagtatago." Bea denies.

"Nasaan 'yong pera?" Riri questioned.

"It-it's at my house. Iniipon ko." She answered .

"Nasa bahay?" Sniffs Riri.

I get it. One thing's for sure, may utang sa taong ito si Bea

"Teka. Akala ko ba, bayad ka na?" I asked Bea.

No answer from her. She's obviously lying to my face!

"Oo iniipon ko pa." Bea reasoned but definitely, Riri won't buy that lame excuse.

I have a bad feeling about this

.
They took the bag of our money that I was holding with asperity.

"Please akin na 'yan ibalik n'yo na." I begged.

Wala kaming nagawa. They left with our money.

I was crying and screaming my heart out of anger and with the loss of that money that I am supposed to use for mom and our business.

"Cait, I'm sorry" Bea.

"Anong ginawa mo?" I screech

"Cait" She 's trying to calm me down.

How am I suppose to calm down? Wala na 'yong pera!

I didn't even gave her the chance to further say anything.

"Anong ginawa mo?" I said pushing her away. "Para sa nanay ko 'yon, hindi naman sa 'yo lahat ng 'yon!"

"I'm s-"

"Huwag kang lumapit sa 'kin? Binigay ko sa 'yo ang ATM card kasi akala ko nagbago ka na! Wala naman akong ibang hingi sa 'yo, sa nanay ko 'yon hindi naman sa 'kin." I said in between sobs

"Sorry, Cait. Hindi ko sinasadya. I didn't see this coming." Bea.

"Ang alin? Me, falling for you, or me, catching you making me a fool out of me. Which of the two?" I said laughing bitterly.as I wipe my tears.

Bea

"Ayaw na kitang makita kahit kailan!" Cait said before she left. Hurt evident in her eyes.

-----

-----

-----

"Loko ka kasi, ate Bei eh! Para kay tita Christine 'yong pera ni Cait." Deanna.

"Kaya nga sobrang naiinis ako sa sarili ko ngayon, Deans!' I admit. Maling-mali talaga ako.

"So, paano na? Anong gagawin MO?"

"Magsusugal ulit. Kailangan ko maibalik kay Cait 'yong pera n'ya which is for her.mom's medication." I answered.

"Wala ka na bang iba pang paraan?Sugal na naman?"

"Wala na kong ibang alam na gawin, Deans. Please naman, tulungan mo 'ko oh!" I really don't know what to do anymore.

Deanna

Ate Bei took the risk again. She went gambling again. But this time sa oaglalaro, hindi na basta swerte ang pinapagana niya, Her determination, tactfulness and of course, love.

I should say, she learned her lesson so hard.

And thankfully, nananalo naman Siya sa mga laro niya.

Caitlin

"Darling!" Des handing me a familiar ATM card.

"Bakit na sa 'yo iyan, Achi?" I ask confused.

"Binigay ni Bea. Heto na, darling! May pambili na tayo ng mga gamot ni tita and we can support your business once again, di ba bongga?"

So there, bumawi naman si Bea. Though Hindi ko na rin siya kinausao pa.

It's almost a year and I never saw her again. And I never heard from her since the last time she gave us the card.

I wonder kung naglalaro pa rin siya. Kamusta na kaya siya?

Bea

"Thang, ayusin mo naman 'yong lightings. Sige, One more take." Deans ordered as she sets the camera..

We have a photoshoot here sa Isang events place somewhere in Makati

I am currently checking the photos they took earlier.

Maayos na din ang business namin. And it's been almost a month since I stopped gambling.

I saw Deanna walking towards my direction.

"Ate Bei, tignan mo nga 'tong mga kuha ko. Okay na ba 'yan?" I saw her brows furrow. Nako, Deanna Wong!

"Patingin nga!" I orderedShe handed me the camera.

I started checking the photos.

"Akala ko ba, tumigil ka na?" I paused for a second and gave her a what do you mean look.

I saw her pointing at my hand which is holding the marble, I mean the eye of the mountain Buddha

"Ah. Just hoping maybe it still has its magic. Just maybe" I say guiltily

"Nako, nako! Sabi sabi ka pa na di na ako naniniwala sa swerte." She said teasingly.

I shook my head and smiled a bit "Ewan ko sa 'yo!" I handed her back the camera. "Ayusin mo ulit yung mga shots."

I playful toss the marble up in the air. I can't be wrong. The moment I caught the marble, there I saw Caitlin walking passed us.

I hurriedly ran after her and there, naabutan ko siya. I touched her shoulder and spun her to face me.

"Cait." I said huffing and puffing.

"Oh, Bea!" She was surprised to see me certainly.

"Kamusta ka? What are you doing here?" I asked as soon as I was able to catch my breath.

"Okay naman. Sinamahan ko lang si Achi dito. Naging busy with our now doing well again, business. Salamat pala ha. Ikaw, kamusta ka?" Cait.

"Ah. Heto, doing fine also, Nagbago na." I'm a changed person now 😅

"Gan'on ba? So, hindi ka na nagsusugal?" She said doubtful.

"Oo nga. I changed for you." I tell her fearlessly.

"Weh?" Cait chuckles. "Good for you!"

"Sorry nga pala sa nagawa ko before, Cait. I was clearly really wrong." I looked down. I feel so horrible.with what I did.

"Sus! Wala na 'yon. Mahalaga, nagbago ka na." She leaned and lightly tapped me on my shoulder.

"Pero sana,.'yong feelings momfir.me Hindi nagbago." I looked at her trying to meet her gaze. "Cait, I love you.".I confessed.

"Ngayon mo lang na realized 'yan?" She teased. "Sige na, una na 'ko baka naghahanap na si Achi sa 'kin" She turned her back and starts to take a few steps but I grabbed a hold of her hand that causes her to face me again.

"Cait, wait lang." She turned to face me again. "Is it too late already?"

"Huh?" She asks.

But I didn't let her say anymore words and hugged her that took for a coupleof moments..When we pulled away a bit form the hugged, I cupped her face with my both hands.

"Having you in life is my really luck and blessing firm above, Cait. Iyon ang totoong swerte ko." I tell her and kisses her.

If I were to choose between luck or love, I'll prefer to have the latter.

'coz when you love, and you are loved, you've got everything you could vmever ask for.

How's everyone? I was supposed to publish this one last Monday. Sorry for the delay.🥰

(Story inspired by the movie, Luck at first sight 🥰)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 57.5K 95
On the twelfth hour of October 1st, 1989, 43 women gave birth. It was unusual as none of them had been pregnant since the first day they started. Sir...
1.5M 34.6K 59
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
292K 14.1K 94
Riven Dixon, the youngest of the Dixon brothers, the half brother of Merle and Daryl dixon was a troubled young teen with lots of anger in his body...
1.7M 62.4K 43
" Wtf is wrong with you, can't you sleep peacefully " " I-Its pain..ning d-down there, I can't...s-sleep " " JUST SLEEP QUIETLY & LET ME ALSO SLEEP...