Guarding Hearts' Whimsy

De not_so_sweet_one

( book 1 in #Raveneve series) 🎙️ "So, there I was, Eve Josephine Dale, the heiress to the Dale fortune, tryi... Mai multe

Author's note
The Velvet Scandal
Prologue: The Slumbering Heiress
Chapter One: Unseen Shadows
Chapter two -Guardian's Pursuit
Chapter 3 - Velvet-ine maze
Chapter 4: "Digital Threads"
Chapter 5 - Guardian with popcorns
Chapter 6 :Guardian of Shadows
Aesthetics ✨️❣️
Chapter 7: Guardian at service
Chapter 8 : Guarding the secrets
Eve FanClub 💅💫❤️🔥
Chapter 9: Guardian of Garden Mishaps
Chapter 10: Not just a Guardian
chapter 11 :Guardian of book club
Chapter 12 : Guardian of the wardrobe
chapter 13: Guardian choice
Chapter 14: the velvet-ine shadows
Eve FanClub 💅💫❤️🔥
Chapter 15 : Guardian and the shopping list
Chapter 16 : Annoying shadows
Chapter 17: Web of secrets
Chapter 18: Lost away
Chapter 19: The Guardian who failed
Chapter 20: The weight of fallen wings
Chapter 21 : Guardian's tale
Chapter 22 : Where's the Guardian
Chapter 23: Guardian's return
Chapter 24: Guardian of the Poetry
Chapter 25: Guardian in the talks
Eve_the_smartestDale💅💖✨️
Chapter 26: Ghosts of the past
Chapter 27: Gaurdian's secret
Chapter 28: Gaurdian in shinning armour
Chapter 29 Gaurdian's lullaby
chapter 30: Velvet-ine mirrors
wardrobe ✨️💅🔥
Chapter 31 - pieces of the puzzle
Chapter 32: Velvet mastermind
Chapter 33 Guardian's sidekick?
Chapter 34 : Guardian with soup bowl !?
Eve_the_smartestDale 💅💖✨️
Chapter 35: Guardian's dilemma
Chapter 36: Velvet-ine fog
Chapter 37: Eyes of the prey
Chapter 38: Guardian's healer
Chapter 39 : The velvet scandal
Chapter 40: Guardian and the surprises
Chapter 41: Guardian IN the dreams
☆꧁✬◦°˚°◦. ɮɛʟɨɛʋɛ ʍʏ ɛʏɛֆ .◦°˚°◦✬꧂☆
Chapter 44: Guardian Shell
Eve FanClub 💅💫❤️🔥
Chapter 45: Guardian of Love
Chapter 46: Velvet-ine roots
❤️🔥#Raveneve starting pack ❤️🔥
Chapter 47: The Crimson past
Chapter 48- Guarding Hearts' whimsy
Chapter 49 : Guarding the truth ahead
Chapter 50: Beginning of the Vengeance
Author's Note❣️✨️
🎊Book 2 Announcement 🎊

☆꧁✬◦°˚°◦. ʟօօӄ ɨռȶօ ʍʏ ɛʏɛֆ .◦°˚°◦✬꧂☆

28 11 33
De not_so_sweet_one

The New Year's eve venue is a dazzling display of lights and laughter as Mr. Dale, Eve, and Raven make their entrance. Eve, adorned in an elegant dress, catches the attention of everyone in the room with her grace and charm.

( Eve's dress )

As they proceed further into the celebration, Mr. Dale spots Mr. Astore and his family already in attendance.

"Richard! So good to see you. Happy New Year's Eve!" Mr. Dale exclaims, extending a warm handshake to Mr. Astore.

"Happy New Year eve, Dale! And to your lovely daughter as well," Mr. Astore responds, casting an appreciative glance at Eve.

Mr. Dale takes the opportunity to introduce Eve. "Richard, this is my daughter, Eve. Eve, meet Mr. Richard Astore, his wife, and their son, Daniel."

Eve extends her hand gracefully, engaging in polite conversation. "A pleasure to meet you all. Wishing you a wonderful New Year's Eve."

Daniel, captivated by Eve's presence, can't help but admire her beauty. "The pleasure is mine, Eve. I must say, you've added a touch of elegance to this gathering."

Eve graciously accepts the compliment, "Thank you, Daniel. It's a delightful evening, isn't it?"

Meanwhile, Raven observes the interaction with a keen eye, his attention lingering on Daniel. Muscular and tattooed, Daniel's presence is impossible to ignore. Raven's thoughts swirl as he contemplates the stark contrast between himself and Daniel.

As the crowd engulfs Mr. Dale and the Astore couple into various conversations, Eve and Daniel find themselves in a momentary bubble of solitude.

Daniel, ever the charismatic bad boy, leans in with a sly grin. "Eve, you're stealing the spotlight tonight. What's your secret?"

Eve, gracefully handling his flirtatious banter, replies with a chuckle, "Maybe it's just the magic of New Year's Eve."

Daniel, undeterred, leans closer, "Or maybe it's just you."

As their playful banter continues, Daniel's gaze shifts, catching sight of Raven, who has been standing guard behind Eve. With an intrigued expression, he raises an eyebrow. "Who's your bodyguard, Eve? He looks like he's ready for a fight."

Eve, momentarily surprised by the abrupt change in topic, glances over her shoulder at Raven. "Oh, that's Raven, my bodyguard. Raven, this is Daniel Astore."

Raven, recognizing the challenge in Daniel's eyes, extends a firm handshake, his gaze unwavering. Daniel reciprocates with a smirk, the unspoken challenge hanging between them like a palpable force.

"Raven, huh?" Daniel muses. "Sounds like a name for someone who means business. You're quite the enigma, my friend."

Raven, ever stoic, simply nods.

As Daniel and Eve engage in their banter, Raven's demeanor conceals a storm of jealousy and frustration brewing beneath the surface.

Daniel, with a mischievous grin, leans in a little too close to Eve, commenting on the festive atmosphere. "You know, Eve, I've been to many parties, but none quite like this. It must be your charm."

Eve, her laughter ringing through the air, responds playfully, "Well, it's not every day you get to celebrate New Year's Eve with the Astore touch."

In Raven's internal monologue, he scoffs, "Astore touch? What does that even mean? Is he trying to impress her with fancy phrases now?"

As Daniel continues his flirtatious banter, Raven watches with narrowed eyes. Daniel, never one to miss an opportunity, adds, "I must say, Eve, your bodyguard over there seems like he's ready to challenge me to a duel. Is that part of the security package?"

Eve, oblivious to the underlying tension, laughs off the comment. "Oh, Raven is just protective. It's his job, you know."

Raven, clenching his jaw, mutters to himself, "Protective is an understatement. More like possessive. And what's with the dueling reference? Is he trying to turn this into some medieval drama?"

Daniel leans in, "You know, Eve, they say a New Year's Eve kiss brings good luck. What do you think?"

Eve, blushing, responds with a teasing smile, "Well, I've never been superstitious, but who knows?"

Raven's eyes narrow further, and in his inner monologue, he grumbles, "Great, now he's trying to go for the New Year's kiss angle. Classic playboy move. How cliché can you get?"

//

As the music begins to serenade the ambiance, Raven seizes the moment. With a subtle signal to a passing waiter, he orchestrates the transition from the lively tunes to a softer melody. Turning towards Eve, he extends his hand with a confident yet unexpected gesture.

"Care for a dance, Miss Dale?" he suggests, a hint of newfound boldness in his demeanor.

Eve, pleasantly surprised by Raven's move, quirks an eyebrow. "Well, this is new. Anything on your mind, Detective?"

A faint blush creeps onto Raven's cheeks at the playful nickname, but he quickly regains composure. "Just felt like a change of pace," he replies, attempting to sound casual. He pulls her to a less crowded space where some of other couples were already dancing to the tune.

Eve, ever the playful tease, raises an eyebrow. "Change of pace? Or were you rescuing me from the clutches of our charming friend, Daniel?"

Raven, his frustration palpable, retorts, "Oh, come on. You and I both know what he was doing."

Eve, a mischievous glint in her eyes, can't resist playing along. "I didn't know you were the jealous type, Raven."

Caught off guard, Raven hesitates for a moment, avoiding direct eye contact. "I wasn't jealous," he asserts, his tone slightly defensive. "Just being protective. Now... can we please dance?"

"Of course. Let's dance away from all the chaos."

[[ A/N- watch the video above ]]

As Raven and Eve continue their dance, the gentle sway of their movements aligns with the romantic notes of the music. In the quiet cocoon of their shared moment, a storm of emotions brews within Eve's heart, each step of the dance echoing the rhythm of her internal monologue.

In the sanctuary of Raven's arms, Eve's mind becomes a canvas painted with the delicate hues of her thoughts. She gazes up at him, her eyes mirroring the reflection of swirling emotions.

( italics = thoughts )

"Why is it, Raven," she muses within the confines of her own introspection, "that I feel so safe with you? Every time you hold me close, it's as if I'm protected from a tsunami of chaos around. Through all the twists and turns of our journey until now, and even knowing you are here for a purpose, why don't I want it to end? Why don't I want you to go away, even when I know there's another girl you love and another life you'll eventually live?"

The dance unfolds, dipping and swirling, creating an intricate pattern of intimacy between them. As Raven leads her with practiced grace, Eve's thoughts continue to weave a poetic tapestry of emotion.

"In this moment, all my imaginations seem to find their end," she reflects, her gaze locking onto Raven's eyes. "The weight of the world fades away, and it's just you and me, dancing through the chapters of our story."

The dance reaches a poignant crescendo as Raven executes a gentle dip, drawing Eve closer to him. In that fleeting moment, as the world tilts and swirls around them, Eve's heart beats in sync with the rhythm of the music.

"Why does your presence feel like a timeless refuge?" she wonders, the tender strains of her internal musings harmonizing with the melody. "Even knowing the limitations, the eventual parting, I want to hold on to this moment. Maybe in the dance, in the quiet whispers of the night, I've found something beyond the boundaries of reason."

As the final notes of the song fade away, Eve remains locked in Raven's arms, the echoes of her internal monologue lingering in the quiet spaces between them.

//

The lively New Year's Eve celebration continues to unfold, with laughter, music, and the promise of a fresh start in the air. Eve gracefully mingles with colleagues of Mr. Dale, engaging in spirited conversations and occasionally sharing laughs with Raven, who stands steadfast by her side.

However, as the night progresses, Raven can't shake the feeling that something is off. He notices that Daniel is conspicuously absent from Eve's vicinity after their dance. The absence of the playboy raises a silent question in Raven's mind, one that festers as he engages in casual conversations with others.

Amidst the vibrant crowd, a random guy strikes up a conversation with Raven. As they exchange pleasantries, Raven's attention momentarily drifts, and he realizes that Eve is nowhere in sight. His instincts kick in, and a subtle sense of worry creeps into his thoughts.

"Hey, Raven, you seem a bit distracted. Everything okay?" the guy asks, noting the change in Raven's demeanor.

Raven, trying to maintain composure, glances around, subtly searching for Eve. "Yeah, just got lost in the crowd. Excuse me for a moment."

As he maneuvers through the partygoers, Raven's concern intensifies.

_____

In the dimly lit corner, the festive air takes a sharp turn as Daniel, fully intoxicated and lacking his usual charm, attempts to get physically close to Eve. Despite her polite attempts to push him away and engage in a coherent conversation, Daniel's drunken state makes him persist in a manner that is increasingly uncomfortable.

Eve, looking slightly taken aback, tries to maintain her composure as Daniel slurs his words, "Eve, you're something else, you know? You really know how to... how to light up a room."

Eve, managing a polite smile, responds, "Daniel, I think you've had enough to drink. Maybe it's time to take a break."

Daniel, undeterred, pulls her closer, his movements unsteady. "No, no breaks, Eve. Let's make this night unforgettable."

As Daniel's intoxicated attempt to forcefully kiss Eve reaches a critical point, Raven, who has just spotted the distressing scene, feels a surge of fury. Without uttering a word, his eyes blazing with anger, he swiftly intervenes.

In an instant, Raven delivers a powerful punch, catching Daniel off guard and sending him staggering backward. Disoriented and bewildered, Daniel tries to regain his footing, but Raven, now fully outraged by the blatant disregard for Eve's boundaries, delivers another forceful punch.

"How did you even think of touching Eve without her permission?" Raven seethes, his voice low and menacing.

Daniel, now more confused than ever, attempts to stand up, but Raven, driven by a protective rage, continues to deliver a series of punches, each one punctuating his disdain for such disrespectful behavior.

Eve, witnessing the escalating violence, pleads with Raven, "Raven, enough! Let him go!"

Raven, momentarily lost in his fury, seems oblivious to Eve's plea. He delivers another punch, his actions fueled by a determination to make Daniel understand the gravity of his actions.

Eve, her concern deepening, steps forward, physically pulling Raven away from the disoriented Daniel. "Raven, stop! It's enough. Let him go."

Raven, breathing heavily, glares at Daniel one last time before finally stepping back. Daniel, now dazed and confused, tries to collect himself, his earlier bravado replaced by an unexpected confrontation.

As Raven reluctantly relents, Eve, her voice firm, directs her attention toward the shaken Daniel. "Daniel, go home. You've had too much to drink. We'll discuss this when you're sober."

____

In the open space outside the tumultuous encounter, Raven's anger still simmers beneath the surface. His frustration spills over as he shouts, "Why did you stop me from beating that bastard?"

Eve, her eyes reflecting a mix of concern and understanding, attempts to calm him down. "Raven, I appreciate your concern, but I was handling it."

But rather than pacifying him, Eve's words seem to fuel Raven's frustration even more. His jaw clenches, and his eyes narrow with intensity. "Handling it? He was about to force himself on you! I couldn't just stand there and watch."

Eve, realizing the depth of Raven's emotions, reaches out to him, placing a reassuring hand on his arm. "Raven, I know you were trying to protect me, and I appreciate that. But violence isn't the solution. Let's just put this behind us and enjoy the rest of the night."

Despite Eve's attempt to diffuse the tension, Raven remains visibly agitated. His emotions, a tumultuous mix of protectiveness and anger, continue to ripple through him.

As Raven's anger continues to reverberate in the open space, Eve, overcome with frustration, finally breaks. "Why do you care, Raven? It's not like you're actually my bodyguard. You're just here for the mission, aren't you? So why all this pretending? Why show that you care when you're here for just some more time?" Her voice cracks with pain, revealing the depth of her emotional turmoil.

The words hang in the air, a bitter sentiment that cuts through the charged atmosphere. Raven, stung by Eve's accusation, feels a pang of hurt.

In a low, whispering voice, Raven implores, "Look into my eyes, Eve."

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

120K 4.9K 65
[Complete] [Book 1] "It's okay Nova, no one is going to hurt you." He says the words making my heart ache. Why is he being so nice to me? I can see...
41.3K 2.7K 45
Bianca Daleman only has two rules. First, never lose control. And second, never marry anyone until she is certain it won't end in divorce. While i...
238 14 19
I smile at this loving the reaction he gave me. So go back to tracing. Purposely making each of my touches softer and slower. He grabs my hand and tu...
The Flynn Effect De s.

Ficțiune adolescenți

203K 5.8K 61
Josephine Pryce will do anything to get out of Lakeville even if it means simply tutoring her arch-nemesis Flynn Cauley. Except when it comes to him...