Beautiful Nightmare

By KatherineJames

Thea and Brae have been best friends for almost 11 years. The first day they met Thea immediately felt like t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
chapter 25
26
Chapter 26
IMPORTANT INFO
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
sorry just info
Its being PUBLISHED soon

Chapter 14

3.8K 136 18
By KatherineJames

Shaking the feeling away she ran over to Brae and collapsed in his arms. Looking shocked Brae grunted as her full weight fell against him.

“What’s wrong doll, why are you upset?" Brae said rubbing circles on her back.

Sighing Thea felt instantly better now that she was in his arms. A warm feeling slowly spread throughout her body. “It was Nathan he tried and said.” Thea tried to get out but she was still shaking to bad.

“What did Nathan do, where is he.” Brae jumped up off the couch and started storming into the house.

“No Brae come back I am ok.” Thea tried unsuccessfully to call him back. It was too late though as she watched him slam through the kitchen.

Running to catch up Thea hopped she could catch him before he did something he would regret.

Hearing a loud boom Thea ran towards the living room where all the sounds where coming from.

As she reached the room first sight showed that she was already to late. There in the center of the room was Brae and Nathan fighting. Watching Nathan reach up and punch Brae right in the face Thea winced as she raced over.

“Stop right now, Brae let go.” Thea yelled as she helped James peel them apart. Standing with her hands on Brae’s chest she looked between the two. By the looks of it Brae had won the little fight, as Nathans face looked the worse.

“Let me go Thea, I…” Brae threatened looking Nathan straight in the eyes. Brae had never been as mad as he was right now and he felt like he was ready to kill.

“Brae please Nathan is not worth it. Please can you just take me home.” Thea begged to Brae who looked down at her quickly shaking his head and looking away.

“Brae would you like us to take out this trash.” Conner the owner of the house asked Brae.

Nodding his head Brae turned away and grabbed Thea by the arm pulling her out the back.

“No Brae don’t let them hurt him, he really didn’t do anything.” Thea said trying to go back worried about what everyone was doing to Nathan.

“He needs to learn respect Thea. He should know better even if he is not one of us.” Brae said leading her outside to the side of the house where he parked his car earlier.

“What do you mean one of us, we are not a cult Brae.” Thea said still trying to fight against his hold on her. He wasn’t hurting her but he was stronger.

Stopping suddenly Thea ran into the back of Brae as he turned around and looked at her.

“I promise you they will not hurt him. Anymore then he already is that is.” Brae said looking at her closely.

“Fine lets go.” Thea said giving up, if Brae promised then she trusted him. Getting into the truck Thea hopped that Brae would calm down. She could tell he was still extremely upset, as his eyes were the darkest shade of black.

“Brae please let me explain, Nathan didn’t really do anything.” Thea tried again now that they had started driving down the road.

Taking a deep breath Brae quickly looked over to her. “Fine tell me quickly but if he did something I can’t promise I won’t turn around.

“Well you see I heard that Nathan was seeing other people so I asked him and he said yes.” Looking over at Brae as he groaned, Thea gave him a warning look. Glaring to make sure he knew she meant business Brae raised his hands in surrender.

“I really had no right to be upset because we have been doing the same thing and he knew it.” Thea looked over at Brae, a slight blush coming back as she remembered earlier.

Watching Brae’s face soften slightly she knew he was thinking about it as well. “Then he sort of tried to force himself on me.” Thea got out as Brae slammed on the brakes. “Brae you stop that right now and listen. I bit his lip and kneed him in the… you know.”

“You kneed him?” Brae asked as a smile broke out on his face.

“Yes I am stronger then I look, besides that wasn’t why I was really upset.” Thea said remembering what had happened after that.

“There is more what did he do.” Brae said still not starting the truck.

“I ran into Sarah outside and she said I was wearing her dress. Apparently Sarah was one of Nathan’s girls and he borrowed her dress for me.” Thea said still not completely understanding how or why someone would do such a thing.

“What you are wearing Sarah’s dress.” Brae said looking her up and down for the first time realizing how little she was actually wearing. If his eyes had lightened slightly they were dark again: this time for a different reason.

“Yes he didn’t like the way I dressed.” Thea said a little down now that everything was out and had started to sink in.

“Come here doll, don’t look like that. I like the way you dress.” Brae said pulling her over across the bench seat.

“So you don’t wish that I dressed more like this.” Thea said putting her head on Brae’s chest and pointing down at herself.

“Well…” Brae stuttered off. Grunting as Thea hit him in the chest Brae smiled down at her and kissed her on the forehead. “I like it but maybe not in public.” Brae said smiling as his hand drifted up her thigh.

“Brae off, lets go home you obviously can’t control yourself at the moment.” Thea moved back across the bench seat.

“If only you knew how much control I actually had.” Brae said re starting the truck and driving home.

Finally arriving back at Brae’s house Thea walked ahead getting annoyed with Brae’s smile that he had been wearing the whole way home in the truck.

Stomping up the stairs Thea quickly went into Brae’s room looking for something to wear as pajamas.

Usually she would just wear Brae’s t-shirt and underware but that seemed to be completely inappropriate now with everything they had been doing.

Finding an old pair of flannel pajamas Thea went into the bathroom to change. She could hear Brae chuckling as he walked in and shut the door.

Walking back into the room Thea thought watching a movie might help her relax. Finding the notebook she put in the disk and laid down on her side.

“That better not be the notebook again, Thea.” Brae said stripping down to his boxers that he always wore.

“I get to choose I have had a hard night.” Thea made a face at him and pulled the covers off herself. She hadn’t realized how annoying and hot it was to wear pajamas.

“What are you wearing Thea, you are going to overheat.”  Brae motioned towards her pants as he got into bed beside her. “Where did you even find that?”

“They are called pajamas and they are very comfortable.” Thea said trying to ignore him as the previews came on.

It was getting harder and harder to ignore him as he moved up behind her and started nibbling on her neck.

“Brae what are you doing.” Thea said lightly halfheartedly swatting him away. It did feel really good whatever he was doing to her at the moment.

“Come on Thea admit it you want me as much as I want you. You just can’t face it.” Brae said untying the drawstring on her pants.

“No Brae I don’t know, we are best friends what if something happened between us.” Thea rationalized to Brae. It would kill her if they stopped being friends.

“Nothing would ever come between us, I would make sure of it.”

“You can’t promise me something like that. I think we are better off as friends.” Thea said moving away on the bed.

“We can be both Thea, its not one or the other.” Brae tried to make her see reason.

“I don’t know Brae, I heard you the other day with Sarah in your room.” Thea said turning over to face him and look him in his eyes. “It really hurt me what you said.”

“Thea I didn’t mean that I swear, I was really upset.” Brae said wincing looking back at her.

Thea wasn’t sure if she trusted him or not. She wanted to believe him but a part of her remembered Sarah’s face tonight as she told her about the dress. Could she truly forgive Brae?

************

Author's Note:

Please Vote/Comment It really means a lot. I take all comments and hopes from the readers and try to work them into the story line. 

Let me know what you think, Should Thea forgive Brae? Are they to good of friends to be in a relationship?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 95.4K 78
(𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞🔞) Three mates. One destiny. A world on the brink of destruction. At 27, Riley thought she knew who she w...
2.5K 100 8
This is a Dark romance, shifter wolf story. There are scenes of abuse, violence, non-consent, sex. The male lead is crazy and obsessive. For as long...
43.3K 2.2K 17
This was the day that changed my life forever, also the day I lost my love, my mate... My name is Alex Grey, I am a Prince but the soon to be King of...
92.9K 3.6K 31
"Privacy is only temporary between you and me." *** At four years old, Sophia was spared the fate that befell the rest of her family. The daughter of...