Project Ares

By Naboo_Prince

There once was a story of a soldier so devastating and skilled that he could take on whole armies. Those stor... More

Awakening
Departure
Fleet Command
Outpost
Return
Orange Wasteland
Ambush
Apex
New assignments
Moving in
Rescue Mission
Salvage
Alone
Shattered
The night that never ends
Reunion
Traitor
Getting the facts straight
Court Martial
Bodyguard
Move like a shadow
Bounty Hunters
Back to the front lines
Augmented
Conspiracy
Ghosts
99
Re-assigned
Goodbye Commander
Mandalore
Rallying the troops
Love and secrets
Replacements
Brothers united
Invasion
Ares vs Orion
Epilogue
Potential sequel

What's the next move?

320 5 6
By Naboo_Prince

Lakeside home - Naboo

It had been 5 days since the events on Coruscant and so far there was no sign of Palpatine, the GAR or any trouble for that matter. Padme had given birth to twins with the help of the Royal nurses supplied by the Palace. The twins, Luke and Leia were not even a week old and already showing signs of being strong with the Force. Kix, Midas and Jester were of course all over Senator Amidala and the twins, meaning that essentially each of them had their own personal doctor that watched them like a hawk. Ahsoka also helped out where she could but was for the most part very occupied with spending time with her captain.

Anakin and Obi-wan had walked off into the fields a few hours after Luke and Leia were born and vanished for three days. In those 72ish hours, Obi-wan allowed Anakin to truly open up about his fears of losing Padme like he did with his mother. How the constant ignorance and lies of the Council angered him so much that it basically drove him right to Palpatine's arms. But most of all, Obi-wan comforted his brother as Skywalker had to process the guilt and gravity of what he had done.

With Fordo leading all the scout missions with his ARC troopers and Thorn in command of the fleet, the rest of the clone commanders had come to Naboo so that they could plan their next move given the intel Blue Team recovered from the Senate building. All the Jedi Masters came along as well, mostly because some of them wanted to see the babies but also to see what Anakin had to say for himself. Unfortunately, Windu was still in a coma and was being closely guarded along with the younglings by Jocasta Nu and the remaining Temple Guards.

So while the Jedi all gathered to discuss the actions of Skywalker, Chief along with all the other clone officers met inside the Forward Unto Dawn where they had setup a makeshift intel room. Large screens decorated the walls with statistics and intel regarding the last known fleet positions of both GAR and CIS forces. But most of all, Static and Canny, a 212th slicer, were decrypting and organizing all the top secret intel that Static got on Coruscant.

While all this was happening, Blue Team was taking a semi-vacation while maintaining security around the Villa. Essentially they were on standby should any of the motion detectors Gears had setup went off, but given that the chances of that happening, it was very common to see most of them walk around with only their bottom half of armour on or even in civvies. Fives and Hardcase had gone on a recon mission inside Theed to see what effects the newly proclaimed Empire had installed.

Back inside the Dawn, the commanders were currently getting a detailed inventory of everything they had in their arsenal. Starting from the top down, they had:
- The Pillar of Autumn, a superheavy battlecruiser that could probably fight off a small fleet in terms of firepower.
- 2x Venator class cruisers, the Intrepid and Triumphant
- 1x Arquitens class light cruiser, Phoenix
- 4x Consular class cruisers including the Spirit of Fire
- 8x Nebula class attack shuttles in addition to the Forward Unto Dawn
- 80x ARC-170 starfighters
- 40x Y-Wing bombers
- 80x V-Wing interceptors
- 150x V-19 Torrent starfighters
- 80x LAAT / LAATV gunships
- 30x AT-TEs
- 6x AT-OTs
- 80x AT-RTs
- 20x AV-7 heavy artillery guns
- 15,000x 501st troopers
- 12,500x 104th Wolfpack troopers
- 300x 212th Attack Battalion troopers

If this was in any other situation, the commanders would feel pretty confident in their numbers. They had certainly made do with less, but given the force they were facing, they were so far outnumbered and outgunned that there wouldn't even be a point in trying to do the math.

"Chief, I think you and the commanders would wanna see this." Static called from his station, coming over 117 gazed over three project names; Longsword, War Mantle, and Orion. Opening the first one, the soldiers looked on the big screen as blueprints appeared for a large triangular shaped warship. Designated as the Imperial Star Destroyer, or ISD for short, it boasted a weapon compliment that could directly rival the Autumn in a head-on fight. However, the good news was that it looked as if its starfighter compliment was only 72 and it was made up of the inferior TIE fighter design, likely to make up for the immense cost of the project.

War Mantle truly disturbed the clones on the Dawn because it showed just how little value they really had in Palpatine's eyes. 10 years of rigorous training plus dozens if not hundreds of battles worth of experience per clone, traded for what? An army that was made up by arrogant teenagers or the bottom of society that had no other alternative. And the worst part was that this project had been going on for at least 9 months now and had at least 5,000 infantrymen ready to deploy. If he wanted, Palpatine could've sent them out to fight alongside the clones and save hundreds if not thousands of brothers from dying in a war that he started in the first place.

Lastly was Project Orion, and half-way though reading it all the commanders slowly stepped away from the Master Chief. Turns out that after being kicked out of the RSA, Tarkin gave all the files regarding 117 to a secret R&D group that then proceeded to try and recreate the original Project Ares. But according to the file, candidates were given less invasive augmentations than what Chief had received way back in the Old Republic days.

The candidates were given a cocktail of drugs that amplified their reflexes, muscles density, vision and speed. But because Tarkin wanted quantity over quality, less dangerous methods had to be taken, resulting in their performance not coming even close to the levels that Master Chief displayed during combat. However, the file did state that the new generation of spartans would be equipped with power armour that could apparently put them on par with 117.

Furious wouldn't even begin to describe how Chief was feeling, hence why all the clones in the Dawn had slowly backed away to a safe distance. Storming out of the shuttle and marching off into the forest, the clones soon lost sight of Chief. Deciding that they should probably go get Fives or another member of Blue Team to go talk to him, the commanders started running towards the Villa as if they were cadets being chased by Alpha-17.

Meanwhile deep within the forest, Chief was decimating the plant life, punching holes through trees that would be able to take a rocket and kicking over boulders that a normal person would never be able to budge. 117 was angry beyond words, would Tarkin's betrayal ever cease? How could they desecrate the memory of John's family by spitting in their image? To be a spartan was more than just having augmentations and a power armour. To be a spartan was to be the ultimate warrior, closing off emotional ties with everyone besides your fellow spartan, to channel your mind to pure warfare, and to keep pushing on, even when your body is broken beyond repair.

That's what it meant to be a spartan, that's why they were the best warriors in the galaxy. Because no matter the odds or the thousands of enemies they had to fight, spartans never gave up and fought to their last breath. That was how the original Blue Team went out, along with every other spartan besides 117. Taking off his helmet, John let a silent tear fall down his cheek as he relived the memory of how he lost his brothers and sisters in the line of duty against the Sith.

Now it here he was, in the middle of another galactic wide conflict against the same enemy that he had fought a 1,000 years ago. From behind him Chief heard rustling as he turned to see Blue Team, fully geared up and ready to go. Fives spoke up from the front. "What's the next move Chief?"

"We take the fight to Palpatine." Chief answered after putting his helmet back on. They were going to hurt Sidious and his Empire so badly that the Sith Lord was going to wish that he never joined the dark side in the first place.

Time skip

Imperial Black Site - Dagobah

Over the next three weeks Blue Team went on a rampage against the Empire, decimating any resistance they faced. They knew the GAR tactics, regulations, clearance codes and where the major bases and security posts were. Hitting their target which could range anywhere from a listening outpost to a supply shipment, Blue Team was constantly replenishing their resources, sending the abundance of surplus back to the fleet. While all this was happening, they were scouring Imperial databases for the location of Project Orion.

If what the file said was true, then the galaxy would not be able to stop Palpatine. With no Jedi Order to counter the supersoldiers, the new 'spartans' would be unstoppable. That's why Blue Team had to find where they were being trained so that they could end this before it even started.

They had just finished knocking out a secret Imperial bunker on the swamp planet of Dagobah containing a vast array of troop movements. As Static got to his station to process the intel, Hardcase and Jesse went to the showers, their part of the mission got a little sticky at the end. Suddenly, a message from the Autumn came through on the monitor, ordering the Spirit of Fire back to the fleet.

It was urgent, according to the transmission, the Bad Batch had found them and were trying to come aboard. Plotting a course for the fleet, Blitz engaged the hyperdrive as the Spirit of Fire jumped to hyperspace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91K 1.8K 20
Halfway into the Clone Wars Jedi master Obi-wan is taking back Ryloth from the Separatist droid army. The General gets notified of an object coming o...
785 113 31
BOOK 01 They were all fighters, but what distinguishes a warrior from a killer is what they fight for. Bred for combat. Built for war. Republic Comma...
10.2K 123 10
(based off of Marvel's What If series. but different.) In this Universe, All is right based on there Story and Timeline. but in another Universe... T...
3.3K 336 53
-Part of the 'Heart of Empire, Heart of Rebellion' Series- ---- CT-7209, named Kando, is the Commander of Breaker Squad, an elite mobile squad in the...