WEDNESDAY'S TWIN BROTHER

By Bluephoenix52

What if Wednesday Addams had a twin brother that went to Nevermore? Mortez Addams is Wednes... More

CHARACTERS
THE TWINS
NEVERMORE
OLD FACES
HARVEST FESTIVAL
SCHOOL CLUBS
SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS
BLACK CATS Vs JOKERS
OUTREACH DAY
SLEUTHING INTO THE PAST
PAYBACK
RAVE'N FEVER
DANCE FEVER
PARENT WEEKEND
AN ADDAMS SWEET SIXTEEN
TWO ADDAMS , TWO HALF BRREDS , A FUR &A GORGON GO SLEUTHING

NOTHING BRINGS FAMILY CLOSER THAN GRAVE DIGGING

262 8 2
By Bluephoenix52

Can't believe it's already being a year since I started this story 🥳🥳🥳🥳

The twins decided to pay their recently castrated father a visit . It was not a good picture for either Mortez or Wednesday having to see their father beging glass donning an orange jump suit.

       The twins watched as Thing pressed himself against the glass missing the Patriarch. Gomez responded placinghis hand on the glass trying to feel the hand as if the glass did not exist to either .

       Seeing his father in such a condition riled Mortez from within . He was tempted to do something heinous towards the sheriff but knew he couldn't act too impulsively.

     "My little tormenta,  my little leige" Gomez greeted his children , " how's your mother?"

     Mortez shook his head , "already mourning for you as we speak. She's in heart break and completely devastated father she is worried.". Seeing his father  in a similar state of disposition was just as pitying for him to bear. Although he hoped to see his parents being apart from each other's grip - this wasn't how he wished it.

         " She hates you in orange." Wednesday added. She could see both her parents were going insane by the torture of separation. The ravenette did her best not to roll her eyes.  She would never be in such a situation. She down right rejected the idea of an individual's absence making her pathetic.

        She looked at her twin and decided it was time to press their father ," I caught her laying a rose on a grave earlier today. The headstone read "Garrett Gates." The very boy you've been arrested for murdering. Care to explain? "

    Mortez noticed his father was heshstaht , " Father. You needed to tell us the truth. No more secrets. Please." His voice was courteous and sincere but with just the right hint of persuasion and subtle manipulation of coercing.

Gomez sighed and looked at his beloved twins , "Garrett was infatuated with your mother. He mistook her kindness for interest. His infatuation turned into obsession, and he started stalking her."

         "The nerve." Mortez was offended, of course he wasn't surprised she had prospective suitors in the day his mother was like a Venus fly trap. But he was offended some guy had an obession with her.

      Wednesday on the other hand just listened carefully , "Why didn't you call the police? "

              "We tried. But his family were the oldest and richest in Jericho. No one believed us. "

   "Of course." Mortez wasn't surprised , given its founder, the town of Jericho was filled with most of its residents being prejudice and spiteful towards the outcast community. Even the police department were bigots.

        "Garrett's father, an outcast-hating bigot, was furious that your mother had accused his only son."

       Wednesday although pokerfaced on the outside was livid on the inside. Her father's words reminded her of Crackstone and the vision she and Mortez had seen. She didn't understand  why Nevermore was situated in a place that hated outcasts.

"It all came to a head the night of the Rave'N Dance. Your mother and I stepped out to catch our breath."

            Mortez raised a brow and cringed  , "by out of breath do you mean you used the opportunity to get away from the party with the so purpose  cling to each other like you always do ."

        "I would prefer  not to  know the all the  details ." Wednesday stated knowing her twin brother was most likely right.

   Gomez smiled for a brief moment before he contuined with his explaination , "And that's when I saw him. He had broken into the school. His twisted love for your mother had made him insane. His eyes bore into me, brimming with murderous intent."

    Mortez thought of his crush on Enid and while he liked her alot despite knowing her feelings for his roommate Ajax . Although the most beautiful murders and crimes were those driven by obession or infatuation ,the older Addams twin hoped his feelings for the werewolf never twisted and warped into something else and Ajax for a romantic adversary was someone he couldn't think of harming let alone murdering him  .

     "My life flashed before my eyes. Driven by jealousy and hate, Garrett was unstoppable.  When I saw the sword, my survival instinct kicked in. It was a terrible accident. "

    The twins looked at their father who seemed remorseful. Both of them knew something wasn't completely the truth.

Wednesday: If I'm being objective, his confession sounds entirely plausible, delivered with the perfect degree of sincerity. Perhaps my father is exactly what he says.

       "Thank you for being honest with us" the ravenette exclaimed

Wednesday:_. But then there's the matter of his tells.

    Mortez  : The way he smooths his mustache. The way he delivers a comforting wink.

     Mortez and Wednesday : we've been playing Russian roulette with him since we  were 12.  We know them well.

     "  I'm sorry I wasn't a better father. "

  Mortez smiled ," oh don't be so dramatic father. It doesn't suit you."

            "Right. Could we please do without the over display of emotion? "Wednesday exclaimed

      Gomez didn't press any further,   "I understand my little storm cloud I know they make you feel uncomfortable."

         " How many fathers hand their daughter a fencing blade when she's five?"

         " Your saber strokes were an essay in perfection."

     " Or teach their sons how to swim with sharks?" Mortez added

              "They found you as cold-blooded as they do" Gomez smirked at his eldest , "even your smiles  are just as menacingly inviting as their white razors grins ."

    " The right way to flay a rattlesnake?" The twins said in perfect sync.

    " They really do taste like chicken when prepared properly."

  " The point is, you taught mortez and I  how to be strong and independent. How to navigate ourselves  in a world full of treachery and prejudice. You are the reason I understand how imperative it is that we  never lose sight of ourselves .  So as far as fatherhood goes, I would say you've been more than adequate. " Wednesday couldn't believe she had said those words with only minimal discomfort in her oesophagus - emotions weren't her foreitee so saying that to her father took out of willpower (😂)

             "Precisely father. You're the elemental foundation of who Wednesday and I are today.  You're the best father we could have asked for. You maybe incarcarated at the moment but you taught me to step up as man of the house. Do not worry about  mother , pugsley and Wednesday." Mortez's words were as sincere as the

       Gomez looked like a proud papa upon hearing his children's views about him   "Gracias."

The twins left the peneitiary finding Tyler outside where they had left him

   "So how was the visit?" The half breed looked at them awkardly. "Hope it wasn't too rough on both of you."

        "He's horrendous in Orange." Wednesday and Mortez said at the same time.

Tyler looked at them with a amused smile , "is that really your concern ?" He realized he had been overworrying for them for nothing

             Before Mortez could reply , the younger twin spoke instead , "we are burning moonlight." The ravenette didn't bother waiting for them just walked faster.

     "What's going on in her head?" Tyler asked Mortez.

              The elder Addams shrugged , "I might have an idea "

   The two boys had no choice but to follow Wednesday which resulted to a trip to the sheriff's office.

            "Ty-"

Wednesday cut the sheriff's sentence short  , "We need to talk. "

    The sheriff noticed the twins around his son , "How the hell did you get in? " Bernice? Bernice!"

        " Bernice may or may not have received a call that her tabby cat Swifty is being held for ransom. " Mortez said with a smug smile before glaring at the sheriff.

             "Our father did not kill Garrett Gates." The twins said insistently.

      "Well, I have his signed confession, and he identified the saber he used to do it. Both of which I'm about to deliver to the District Attorney. "

         "Don't you find the timing convenient?" Mortez said

"The coroner kills himself out of remorse for a decades-old murder case the very weekend my father, your prime suspect, deigns to return to town." Wednesday added

      The sheriff didn't seem to take them seriously , "All I see is a guilty man who's finally going to pay for his crime. And cuffing him myself, oh, that was the icing on the cake."

                   "Dad." Tyler snapped seeing the twins get offended , "are you even trying to hear what they are saying. None of this seems like a concidence."

                        "Don't involve yourself in this Ty."

      "Why shouldn't I?" The half human half Hyde become defensive , "you pretended to come to Nevermore for Parents Weekend for me but it turned out to just be a reason for you to arrest my friends' dad. Which was very  low of you dad. If you had to arrest him you couldn't have done it elsewhere. You chose the school I go to and the school his kids attend to be the perfect place to arrest the man. Like really?? It's just shallow even for you "

      The sheriff didn't respond just grumply bittering something incoherent.

        Mortez and Wednesday exchanged a look ; though the older already considered his future brother-in-law as a close acquaintance but it was courteous of Tyler defending them and they weren't family yet .

        Wednesday on the other hand couldn't understand why her future would be attempted  murderer confused her again and again. Galpin was to try and take her life yet she didn't seem any form of deception or foul play he sounded sincere when he expressed himself against his father.

                Sheriff Galpin looked at his son "This is about justice being served. Garrett Gates's family deserves closure, even if none of them are around to take comfort in it. "

          "What happened to them?" Mortez inquired

     The sheriff looked at the twins wuehba scornful face, "His mother hung herself in the backyard. His father drank himself to an early grave. Even his little sister didn't escape. She was orphaned, sent overseas, ended up drowning. Every last one of them's gone. Your father doesn't just have Garrett's blood on his hands, he's got the whole damn familys."

    Mortez scoffed much to everyone's shock , "Garret wouldn't be dead if the police here weren't outcast hating just like you "

      "What are you going on Addams "

      Mortez chose not to reply when Wednesday gripped his arm . Instead the older twin said , "our father will be proven innocent." He recalled the vision of seeing his father been released. The twins along with Tyler left the office.

   The twins and Tyler were making their way to the premises of Nevermore. The silence lingered amongst the three neither daring to break it untill the tallest or the bunch(Tyler obviously) spoke up

  "Isn't that your little brother?"

Mortez and Wednesday looked in the direction and saw Pugsley by himself without his grenades. They looked at one another knowing he was upset.

After some time the twins returned to the spot Tyler just stood by from a distance giving the siblings their space.

    Mortez sat down next to his little brother deciding to start the conversation, "what are you doing over here by yourself . Are you looking for corpses I hardly doubt you'll find any to make good pets."

"Go away. " Pugsley said instead 

Wednesday wondered why her brothers were so emotional - the men of her family seemed to have it for some bizzare reason.

"you forgot your fishing gear." She handed him the grenades she and Mortez had gotten from lurch.

   Pugsley eyed her as if she was trying to trap him - it wouldn't be the first Wednesday approached him with a trick up her sleeve  "Stop trying to be nice. It doesn't suit you." He then looked at Mortez , "and don't try to get me to laugh at your jokes. I'm not in the mood."

            " Father packed your favorite bait." Wednesday said .

  Mortez looked at Pugsley temptingly , "you sure you don't want it." He handed the grenade to him

         The youngest took it but still wasn't jovial ,"What'll happen to him now?"

      " Well, he's confessed, so there won't be a trial. "

        "After he's sentenced, he'll be sent to a state penitentiary, where he'll lose his mind being separated from Mother. " Wednesday added before looking at her brothers with a grim expression , "Did you know they haven't spent a night apart since they tied the knot?"

            Mortez mirrored her reaction , "unfortunately I knew that. " He then looked at his twin in an effort to cheer pugsley, " I always thought you would be the first one in the family behind bars."

   "I thought so too." The ravenette deadpanned. She had been detained before  but not arrested , "Lurch and I had a bet going. " She focused her attention on Pugsley   ,"Come on. Let's see if the fish are biting."  She pulled the pin out and threw the grenade into the water causing an exposion the fish pooping out .

   "Impressive ," Mortez said before repeating the action which caused a bigger explosion in the lake.

   "That's quite a catch." Wednesday said mildly impressed.

    "Mortez , Wednesday ,  I'm gonna miss him." Pugsley admitted

             "It's not over yet. " Mortez had full faith in the vision he had seen and although visions had the tendency to be misleading he trusted what he saw - their father would be released soon.

   Wednesday nodded agreeing with him , "He's innocent. "

           "Well, if anyone can figure out who really committed the crime... it's you. " Pugsley said , "and Mortez. You two have to find out the truth and free Dad."

          " Well, until that happens, we both know Mother will be falling apart. Which means we have to be strong. And by "we," I mean you." Pugsley was the weak in the family .

     " that reminds me; Where is our greiving  emotionally distraught mother ? " Mortez asked.

      "She said she wanted to be alone. Somewhere where no one would find her."

Wednesday got up from her not saying a word even as she passed Galpin. Leaving the three male specimen

    "Pugsley, this is our new friend Tyler. He's half Hyde " Mortez grinned  indicating the half breed to come over; if Tyler was going to be the son-in-law of the Addams  it was best for him to acquaint himself with the family.

         Tyler sat down offering a friendly smile at the youngest Addams , "hey Pugsley."

      "Were you the one that gave Mortez his scars?" The youngest sounded very defensive.

           "No I didn't."

    "Don't worry , Tyler hasn't attempted to kill me or Wednesday." Mortez then whispered to the taller , "I need to follow Wednesday." He said that clearly ignoring the fact his sister had once told him Tyler had turned into a Hyde to kill her , "I can trust you to look after him right? I don't want him alone "

          "Sure it's cool."

         Mortez then patted Pugsley's shoulder , "when my friend Eugene gets better I'll introduce him to you. He's just as trynnaical as you."

    He left the two alone trusting Tyler with his little brother . As he made his way into the Nevermore premises , Mortez saw a fuming Enid pacing back and forth around campus. He didn't see Ajax anywhere  since it seemed he and Enid were courting now.

          He wanted to follow Wednesday but it seemed the werewolf was in a bad mood. "Is something the matter."

          "My mom!"

     Mortez looked around the empty quad , "care to enlighten me. "

       Enid seemed to contemplate it a while before sighing , "my Mom wants to send me to a conversion camp."

  "Why?"

  "Because I can't wolf out!" She screamed in frustration , "I don't want to go there . My cousin went to the same camp  to help her  wolf out too. She was never the same when she returned. She was  talkative and fun but now she's so withdrawn and barely speaks.  I don't know what they do there  but they mess furs up. I don't want that "

          Mortez frowned Enid seemed very unhappy and he didn't like to see her in this state , "if you want , you can hide out at my home if you want to hide from your mother. I doubt our home would be the first place she would look for you "

    Enid seemed to calm down , "really?" She smiled at him , "would your parents be like cool with that"' she actually felt flattered he even suggested that.

    "If I'm abetting someone  " he shrugged , "they wouldn't mind"

       "You're the best Mortez!"

             Mortez smiled and hugged her back. Enid cupped his face and that only made his heart rate spike. " What are you doing?"

   "The scars on your face ," she frowned , "you said the monster did it right."

       "Yes why."

   Enid tilted her head looking at the scratches,  "The marks kind of resemble that of a fur's ."

   That got Mortez's attention , "not to doubt you Enid but the creature is reptilian in apperance. That is far from being a werewolf."

   The colorful blonde shrugged , "I don't know.but they seem sharp like the type we claws make," she showed her claws for emphasis , " it's why I know the monster can't be a hyde like Tyler. A Hydes' claws would have been much sharper than a werewolf."

         Mortez was intrigued - how could a reptilian monster whose species was yet to be determined have claws similar to a werewolf

     He walked into the night shades library - Ajax and Jeri really needed to up the security here. What was the point of the club being a secret when the answer to the Riddle was child play .

      "Hello, Mortez, Wednesday. " Their mother smiled at them expectantly , "So you're  Nightshades. I had told you both they would seek you. That didn't take long ,of course ."

      " Actually, I rejected them. " Wednesday cut in on her mother parade.

      "I did too , a few  of it's members , my fellow Dorm mates are so persistent I join." Mortez added at this rate he would have to start avoiding Jeri, Edwin and Connor. Ajax would be a difficult they cohabited so doghing him like the plague wouldn't be a walk in the graveyard.

       Morticia frowned , "why would you both decline ? Because I was a member?"

    " I' do not know about Mortez," Wednesday began , "he's your precious first born.  But I can never live up to your legacy here, so why try? I win the Poe Cup, you claimed it four times. I join the fencing team, you captained it. Why would you send me somewhere I could only ever exist in your shadow?"

It felt like she was ranting all the things she kept to herself since before arriving at this school - why was she being emotional today first it was with  her father , then she comforted Pugsley and now  she was ranting at her mother  like regular teensge girls!!!

       " It's not a competition, Wednesday"

     ". Everything is a competition, Mother."

    Morticia's frown caused the lines on her head to show. "Mortez. Do you also feel the same as your twin sister. Do you feel you're in my shadow."

      Mortez looked between his mother and sister before sighing , "I'll admit , I enjoy my time here at Nevermore. But my little sister has a point , it's ..not easy to establish an identity for ourselves here when we are constantly reminded of the traces you and father left. They haunt us like Aunt Griselda." The aunt was a annoying relative whose spirit lingered in her painting being a nuisance and causing havoc not even the Addams tolerated . The wretched thing was not easy to get rid of.

        Morticia clutched her chest dramatically , "I genuinely had no idea you both felt this way "

       Wednesday was almost touched if  her heart murmur was to describe it ,"we  mostly rejected them because they're a trivial social club. "

      "We used to be so much more. Our mission was to protect outcasts from harm and bigotry. In fact, the group was started by an ancestor of your father's from Mexico. One of the first settlers in America. "

     Wednesday caught on quick , "Goody. I saw her painting at Pilgrim World."

           Their mother smiled at them darkly ," Oh. How ironic, since she was the one who killed Joseph Crackstone. The Nightshades were her secret, but deadly, answer to his oppression. "

    Mortez wondered about Innocent - hadn't he come to America with Goody? Was the night shades only his sister's thing and not theirs?

    morticia contuined , "I know why you've both  come here,. So go on. Ask."

       " Father didn't kill Garrett Gates, did he? " The twins asked at the same time.

          "No." Their mother began to reveal her side of the story that matched their father's , "By the time I made it up the stairs, I found your father fighting for his life. It was terrifying  I'll never forget the way he looked at me. He was even foaming at the mouth. It was like I was staring into the eyes of a rabid beast.

      "It was only when I heard the scream that I realized what I'd done. Your father was so... calm and brave. "

   "Father took the blame to save you ," Mortez said connecting the dots it was evident now why his father was known as Garret's murderer.

        Morticia nodded at her eldest child , "Your father took the blame in order to protect me. I was so grateful when they cleared him of any wrongdoing. But I knew, someday this would come back to haunt us. "

         Wednesday thought through what her mother had just said ,   "You said Garrett was foaming at the mouth."

       " His eyes didn't look human. I've never seen someone so blinded by rage."

    Mortez raised a brow and turned to his twin , "quite a particular detail ," his brain's gears already turning , " perhaps  it wasn't blind fury  "

            Wednesday nodded , "Foaming saliva, dilated pupils, mental confusion. What are those all textbook symptoms of?"

      "It seems poison is in this equation." Mortez added and his brain immediately thought of one particular posuon that matched the symptom's.

Morticia gasped , " But how can that be?"

    " There's only one way to find out." Wednesday said.

      A dark grin made its way on Mortez's face - his new found scars added to  , "sister , are you suggesting  what I think you're thinking?" Wednesday's dark smile was the only confirmation he needed .

   The twins and their mother made a trip to the cemetery. Mortez and Wednesday were disturbing the resting place of Garret Gates . Mortez didn't believe in heaven or hell but he hoped Garret was suffering in the latter.

           "This reminds me of when you two  got your first grave-digging kit. " Morticia then looked at Wednesday , "You were so happy, you nearly smiled."

Wednesday stopped digging , " Are you sure you don't want to join? "

        Mortez  looked at their mother who seemed to focus on her nails. "Exactly. Don't you want to join in mother? Nothing bonds family then a little  desecration."

      " Uh... mm... No, that's okay, darlings. I don't want to spoil your fun."

    The twins continued digging into their shovels hit something that made a hollow thud. Both exchanged a look before opening the coffin and we're met with the fresh smell of decaying corpse.

    Their investigation was put on hold when they got detained 

" comfortable. You can post bail in the morning. " Sheriff Galpin said .

    The twins were immediately irked when their parents didn't waste a second to cling to each other even bars couldn't keep them apart - literally!

        "Not even the long arm of the law could keep us apart. " Gomez said

"Atleast we can have one last night together. " Morticia added before the two started kissing each other passionately through the bars .

         " I've seen jackals with more self-control than you two. " Wednesday scolded them

       " Honestly ," Mortez gave them a look , "for all that's dreadful can you both get a grip on yourselves."

      The ravenette knew her twins words wouldn't register in their parents'  mind , ,"Neither one of you are strong enough to serve hard time. And thanks to me, you won't have to."

          " I knew our little jailbirds  would have an escape plan. " Gomez said .

      " It's a souvenir from our outing. We  borrowed it from Garrett. " Mortez said with a smirk eyeing the finger he and  Wednesday had decapitated from the corpse

    At that moment , Allen and Tyler arrived eyeing the twins unable to believe they really had gotten arrested .

   "I can't believe you were actually disturbing someone's grave ." Allen said looking a mix of impressed and shocked. "Is that a finger? Did you steal a dead person's finger ??"

     Mortez smiled , "Please Allen ,you act like you don't know us."

               "Allen?" Morticia said and she gasped happily , "Buckley , Augustus' second grandson ." When the boy noddded , Morticia's smile widened  , " My young Allen   you've grown to become a very handsome young  man indeed. "

            Allen smiled almost blushing  , "thank you Mrs Addams." He accepted her hand through the bars , "you're still elegant as always."

           "Mm."

   "Always the gentleman," Gomez said impressed with Agustus' younger grandson .

          Tyler decided to introduce himself , "hello Mr and Mrs Addams . I'm Tyler Galpin I'm a friend to the twins ." From the corner of his eyes , Tyler could see mortez smiling and Wednesday looked she wanted to strangle him but it was worth it

       "Galpin." Gomez said exchanging a look with his wife , "you're the Sheriff son."

           "I'm."

        The twins noticed how their mother studied Tyler curiously , "you're Francoise's son aren't you."

             "You knew my mom?"

        Morticia shook her head , "Not personally , we were on the same fencing team but she was such a darling and skilled teammate  , I had heard she passed away it was so devastating "

         "She was always a darling." Tyler said and Wednesday had noticed the gleam of small happiness in his eyes when her mother talked about his.

        "What are you two doing here anyway?" Mortez asked.

       "We heard you got arrested ." Allen said

        "I tried to talk with Dad but that didn't seem to work." Tyler added

     "The both of you , especially you Galpin can do something ."

          "What is it Wednesday." Tyler asked

         "We need to talk to the mayor , tell him  my mother , Mortez and I found evidence regarding Garret's murder."

       "What evidence?" The two asked

     "He died from nightshade poisoning." Mortez said and took the finger from his sister , "you see the blue on this . It's the sign ."

     " The remarkable preservation of soft tissue and blue tint confirms it. " Wednesday explained.

    While Tyler seemed to gag at the decayed finger  , Allen looked at the twins in disbelief , "you really did ...take  a finger from a dead person ."

             "It's not like he's going to miss it or make use of it." The twins said at the same time.

          Tyler looked away from the finger , "ok. But how sure are you the mayor will want to see the three of you."

           "He'll." Wednesday said.

        Mortez looked at Allen , "there is no way Mayor Walker will ignore it if you repeat exactly what we just told you to tell him. Evidence. Garret. Death "

         Allen and Tyler exchanged a look before nodding , "we'll do our best to get you out." The latter said before they left.

             "I like them." Gomez said

           Morticia smiled and nodded , "it's so lovely to see you two have such  loyal friends."

            Mortez smiled as always , "Allen was always loyal."

         Gomez touched his chest fondly   "Oh I remember that one time how you used to tie him up . He was always shivering in fear  but trusted you regardless."

    "What about you Wednesday?" Morticia looked at her daughter , "is  I noticed he looked quite concerned about you. More so you than Mortez."

   Wednesday was not feeling inclined to explain to her mother what her connection with Galpin was , "can we all not lose sight of focus. Garret was poisoned ."

    "Which means Garrett was dying..."

"Before you stabbed him mother."   Mortez confirmed

     Gomez turned to face his wife , " You look even more ravishing as an innocent woman. "

          "Yes. For once, could you two get off of each other and focus." Wednesday snapped and immediately she grabbed the finger She fellin a trance

"Oh." Mortez knew that secret was no longer under wraps.

     The ravenette's head snapped up once the vision ended. She was shocked after what she saw. Her mother's voice brought her to reality.

      " Wednesday. Did you have a vision? What happened? What did you see?"

    The ravenette turned to Mortez knowing their visions were no longer a secret. She turned to her mother , " The night Garrett died, he had a vial of nightshade poison that broke in his pocket. He wasn't just trying to kill father. He was going to use the nightshade poison to murder the entire school."

       Mortez tsked , "so the Gates wanted to commit mass genocide." He was instantly reminded of Crackstone.

Wednesday whose brain was the thinking the same agreed with her twin brother ,"exactly."

           "Thank you for seeing us at such short notice, Mr. Mayor. " Said Morticia, her and the twins were in the mayor's office

      "Yes, well, veiled threats have that effect." The mayor said annoyingly

Mortez smiled , "that's what makes them effective now isn't it sheriff." His smile turned to a smirk when the man scolwed further.

       Wednesday placed the finger on the on Walker's table , "Garrett Gates wasn't killed by a stab wound That blue sheen is a telltale sign of nightshade poisoning. But you already knew that," she looked at him with piercing cold eyes , " didn't you?"

       Mortez folded his arms. "it wouldn't be the first a hole  was made in a case by the police.   Because back when you were sheriff, you were in charge and covered it up. "

           The mayor just stared at the Addams , "Ansel Gates hated outcasts and Nevermore. He claimed the land the school was built on was stolen from his family over 200 years ago. Garrett went there that night to spike the punch and kill all the kids at that dance. Ansel confessed the whole thing to me in a drunken stupor. It was his idea. "

     That confimeed what Wednesday had seen , "Why did you instruct Dr. Anwar to falsify the autopsy report? You knew the truth about how he really died."

         " Listen, my job was to keep the peace. If there had been a trial, Jericho's and Nevermore's reputations would have been trashed. "

    Mortez didn't buy that excuse. Fortunately his mother decided to point the hypocrisy out , "I think the only reputation you were worried about ruining was your own. I remember Garrett bragging to me that his father had the sheriff in his pocket. One year later, you get elected mayor. Hmm.   No doubt with the full support of Ansel Gates. "

   The twins were impressed by their mothers assertion and clear

    "I resent your implication. "

Morticia places her hands on the table , "What I resent is that you could have prevented Garrett's death if you had done your job when I lodged my complaint about him stalking me. But no. Men like you have no idea what it feels like not to be believed. "

             Mortez felt bad for his mother ,he always knew there was a reason she never discriminated between him and Wednesday and why she made him and Pugsley understand the value of respecting a lady

    The mayor sighed defeatedly , " What do you want?" The three Addams looked at one another conspiratory.

         " All charges dropped." Morticia said.

      " Our father will be released immediately with a full and unequivocal apology from the sheriff's office." Wednesday added. It was merely just a fraction of what the sheriff should be subjected to given his unreasonable hatred for their father was pointless.

       "Directly from the Sheriff himself ," Mortez said with a smile this was a vision he needed to ensure because he was going to rub the truth into the man's face like salt to a wound.

"Do we have a deal?" Mortez and Wednesday said (love it when they get in sync without meaning too 😆😆)

     The family left the office none of them said anything untill Wednesday decided to break the tension , "You were very impressive in there. "

Their mother did a courtesy  before turning to Wednesday, "When did your visions begin to manifest." She looked at Mortez knowingly - she didn't need him to verify even if it was rare for pyschic twins she had a strong intitution both had inherited the foresight

A few months ago.Before Mortez and I left for Nevermore."

     " I'm sorry you didn't feel you could tell me. I know we've had our difficulties lately. Navigating the treacherous shoals of our mother-daughter relationship. "

Mortez knew this was what Enid would call a moment precisely a mother daughter moment between his mom and Wednesday and chose to be silent .

Morticia contuined , "I know you believe your brother is my favorite . But I'm always here for you, Wednesday. Always. The same goes for Mortez too."

               Mortez smiled s genuine one he always knew he and his siblings could rely on their mother but it made his heart swell with delight to hear that. Wednesday's small dark heart also was affected by her mother's words of advice. The ravenette inferred maybe her mother wasn't entirely insufferable.

  Wednesday decided to finally confude in her mother , "Sometimes when I touch someone or something, I get these very violent glimpses from the past or future. I don't know how to control it. "

    "The same goes for me ," Mortez said remembering Allen and how he said his visions were just as spontaneous.

      Morticia looked at her children understandingly, "Our psychic ability resides on the spectrum of who we are. Given my disposition, my visions tend to be positive. That makes me a Dove. "

      "And for someone like me? " Wednesday couldn't help ask curiously , "Who sees the world through a darker lens? "

          "You're a Raven. Your visions are more potent, more powerful. But without the proper training, they can lead to madness. "

            "I can see how that's possible." Mortez murmured to his twin who silently agreed ; these visions always felt so violent and unpredictable of course one would lose their sanity.

   "Isn't there any way to avoid them ," Wednesday said.  "They are too uncontrollable and a complete utter menace." She hated going in those blasted trances as it meant her physical body was open to danger .

    Morticia only shook her head , "if I  could help you, I would, Wednesday. But we're not trained by the living. Somebody from our bloodline reaches out from beyond to help us when we're ready. "

      Wednesday then  replied , "Goody has." She looked at her twin wondering why he was quiet but contuined regardless , " I've seen her before.Well , we've seen her."

        " Be careful, Wednesday. Goody was a witch of great strength, but her vengeance pushed her too far, and even she couldn't save herself."

    "Vengeance against Crackstone you mean?" Mortez asked his mother

    "Yes. The legends said Goody had a brother. He was claimed to have  driven his sister into her pursuit of vengeance."

   Mortez and Wednesday looked at one another recalling the Addam twins from centuries ago .

      "What about you Mortez. Is there someone from the great beyond training you?"

Mortez thought of Innocent  and nodded , "Goody's brother, Innocent."

   Wednesday would have done a double take but instead just settled for widening her eyes. Goody's twin brother  was Mortez's spirit guide in all things pyschic?

     Mortez saw his father coming out with the sheriff - his vision coming to pass. He and Pugsley immediately ran to their father. The Addams having their family moment and although Wednesday was pokerfaced and blank Mortez smiled eboufg for him and his sister knowing deep down she was happy.

It was finally the end of parents weekend. The families were saying goodbye to one another .

   "Don't worry Pugsley , " Mortez hugged his baby brother tightly , "I'll be back soon. But when I return you better be causing anarchy."

  Pugsley let go and grinned , "don't worry. " He then walked over to Wednesday hesitantly hugging her.

         Wednesday ignored the  grin on Mortez's face , just because she let Pugsley hug her for more than three seconds did not mean she was getting soft , especially not on their younger brother speaking of , " Don't push it. " That was enough for him to pry himself off here.

       "Well, at least we can't say Parents' Weekend wasn't a nail-biter. "

    Wednesday just eyed her father ,  "I knew you didn't have what it takes to be a murderer. "

   The smile on Gomez's face faded , "As much as that stings, gracias, my little death trap. Mwah. "  He then patted his oldest son's shoulder.  "The family records you asked for , I had thing and lurch send them to your room ."

      "Thank you father ," mortez exclaimed before smiling at him , "do take care of yourself and mother "

    "Don't worry my little overlord and ," Gomez then whispered , "remember what I told you before , you don't always have to be at the little viper's side just because you're twins.  It's ok to want to have your own interests. "

         Mortez slowly nodded at first when his father told him that he had no idea but now he had a clue on what he meant.

    Morticia looked at the old year book , "As I leafed through the pages of this yearbook, I was reminded of all the wonderful times I had here. But they were just that. Mine. " She looked at her children , "You both have  your own path to blaze. " She then looked at Wednesday  , "I don't want to be a stranger in your life, darling. If you need me for anything, anything at all, I'm only a crystal ball away."

           Wednesday felt an odd fuzzy feeling in her small black heart when she felt her reassurance , " Thank you, Mother. "

              Mortez watched as his mother kept distance and kissed the air around his sister's cheeks.

        "Mother can I talk to you about something." He asked once Wednesday went away

         "Of course darling."

      Mortez led his mother away from prying ears . Morticia could see something was bothering her eldest child , "something is on your mind. Mm. You can tell me what it is."

        Mortez looked up at his mother , "when you told Wednesday about the spectrum. Where would I be placed ."

         "Depends on your visions dear ," Morticia replied in a cool yet hauntingly tone , "with your disposition I'm assuming your visions are both positive outcomes and violent ones the type your sister sees."

    "That is accurate." With his personality it made sense why he saw good visions and dangeorus ones. "But it's mostly the violent ones I see."

        "Then that would make you a Raven like your sister." Morticia looked at him curiously , " but Raven . Raven Twins are even more rare my dear they are believed to be rumors in the outcast community . It is believed twins of this spectrum can both be pulled into a vision at the same time seeing the same thing "

           Mortez  thought of the first time he saw Goody and when she showed both him and Wednesday Crackstone's true nature - he and Wednesday had been pulled into the same vision  . What else could Raven Twins do? Innocent had mentioned something about him being older the of the Ravens did that mean something?

      He nodded , "I've another question."

      Morticia nodded,  "Go on."

    "I once had a vision ," he looked in Wednesday and Tyler's direction , "it wasn't an ordinary one , it was positive though. But it was set in the far future probably fifteen years from now. Do you see that far ahead too."

    Morticia smiled , "no I don't. You must be one impressively powerful Raven if you're able to see that ahead. It's a feat not many pyschics can acheive ."

     Mortez felt proud of himself , do"I haven't had such a vision occur to me again. Is it possible for it to happen."

       "Most likely. If you had a vision that far in the future , it's highly probable you can see another of it's sort again. " Her smile widnened , "I'm very impressed ."

         "Thank you mother."

      Morticia patted his shoulder , "take care of your sister I know you will and ," she looked at him as if sharing a secret with him  , "bring your friends over to the house , especially Tyler and Allen it would be such a delight if you would. They are . " Her eyes lingered towards said boys, "interesting "

                Mortez nodded but for some reason his mother had a mischevious glint in her eyes but didn't t ask .his mother never explained anything untill she felt it was right to do so. 

"Mr Addams ,"

      "Mr Thorpe," The elder Addams twin smiled at the man but anyone could see the smile was sarcastic, "what do I owe the pleasure of you coming to my dorm." Most of the parehes and other relatives had left the school premises so why did Agustus Thorpe remain that too making a personal detour to where he resid d.

      The old aristocrat outcast huffed , "Addams are always straight forward so I won't beat around the bush. I don't think it's wise you contuine your little acquittance with Allen."

     At that the scar face boy raised a brow , "enlighten me to why you would ever so suggest that."

               "Juat take it as a friendly advice ," the man said with a smile that wasn't genuine either , "good evening Mr Addams. I do hope you heed my word. That boy is no good."

        Mortez didn't dignity that with a response as Agustus left. He  was livid as to how someone could love one grandson so openly in public bit despise the other to the point or ignoring his existence.

    "Wow " Ajax said tracing the scars on Mortez's face , "you look sick." The gorgon smiled

  Sick was a variation of flattering light in an Addams' vocabulary and it made Mortez even more proud of his battle scars , "if you're impressed you should meet uncle FesterThe man has alot of scars."

          Ajax made a face , "ok. Well I need to go change , the nightshade's are meeting . We are roasting s'mores."

   Mortez ignored his roommate's excitement remembering how his mother said the group was started to protect outcast's from bigotry. But the recent incarnation seemed to delve into superfluous lesiure and pleasure.

   He decided to focus on the books ,  "The family line really is a long one ," Mortez flipped through the pages of one of the many books his father had sent . Thing tapped on his desk and he shook his hear at the appendage  ,"so far no information on Goody nor Innocent and I haven't seen any other twins in the family tree either," he was thinking his father   was indeed correct about him and Wednesday being the only twins in the bloodline after Innocent and Goody of course .

  "YO MORTEZ!" Ajax grabbed him by the wrist, "you need to see this"

   Mortez looked out the window and below on the school ground written in fire weere the words: FIRE WILL RAIN.

Happy international women's day. I can't believe it's been a year since I started this. Hope you enjoyed think

"

"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.7K 2.2K 38
Wednesday Addams, allergic to color, a dark soul that arrives at Nevermore Academy in the middle of the semester. Tana Adler, mysterious and alone, a...
84.2K 2K 23
the Addams's and Grayson's always had a strong bond and Wednesday Addams and Y/N Grayson have been close since they were babies After Y/N's parents w...
17.1K 587 23
A fairy and a vampire becoming a duo no one saw coming, not even them. WEDNESDAY SEASON 1-? OC x OC (little bit of Tyler) Very losely follows plot
31.2K 845 82
This is a story based on the Wednesday series on Netflix with my own spin and an extra character. After being expelled from their last school Monday...