ᴍᴇɴʜᴇʀᴀ // ᴍᴀᴛꜱᴜɴᴏ ᴄʜɪꜰᴜʏᴜ

By seraphicrxse

[SLOW UPDATES] A story in which Chifuyu meets a mentally ill girl. [WARNING(s): violence, strong/mostly mild... More

ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ
ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ꜰɪᴠᴇ
ꜱɪx
ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴛᴇɴ
ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ
ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ
ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ
ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜰɪᴠᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜱɪx
HIATUS
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ
UPDATE
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ꜰᴏᴜʀ
Character Profile
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ꜰɪᴠᴇ
UPDATE
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ
ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ
ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ
ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ
ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ꜰɪᴠᴇ

ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ꜱɪx

124 9 3
By seraphicrxse

THE FRONT DOOR SWUNG OPEN, creating a soft chime throughout the shop as a working staff greeted the customer.

“Welcome― Ah, it’s Takemitchy.” Chifuyu spoke, setting the cloth in his hand aside. “Why are you here? Don’t you have work?” He raised an eyebrow in question.

“Chifuyu, I...” Takemichi turned away, as if unable to speak nor face him. The other saw the clear look of unease on his face, so he invited him over to the counter, where they continue.

“What’s got you so on edge?” Chifuyu asked, worried.

“...I know about it.”

“Huh?”

“[Last Name]-san’s death.”

Chifuyu’s face turned grim. Now, it was his turn to look away. “...So, you heard.” He quietly muttered.

“...Yeah. The twins told me.” Takemichi nodded. “I got the gist of it thanks to Draken-kun and Mikey-kun. I even got Naoto to help me find some things about her.” His head was low as he stared at the floor.

“...I see.”

“...I tried to go back to the past. To find out what happened.” Takemichi gripped on his wrist. “But it doesn’t work anymore.”

“What?” Chifuyu looked up, surprised. “What do you mean, ‘it doesn’t work anymore?’”

“Naoto speculated we need a strong drive to change the past. He explained. “We’ve already saved Hina, so there was no point of going back.”

Chifuyu slouched on the counter in thought. “That... makes sense.”

“I...” Takemichi interjected. “I want to go back to the past to talk to [Last Name]-san again. “ He gathered what little courage to say. “I know why she did it, and that we couldn’t have changed what happened, but I just can’t accept it.” His grip hardened on his wrist, his clutched hand balled into a fist. “I want to save her too.”

“...Takemitchy.” Chifuyu’s firm voice prompted the aforementioned man to look up. “Even if you could go back now, I doubt you could’ve changed things.” He then cracked a smile that didn’t quite reach his eyes. “I mean, how do you save someone who wants to die?”

Takemichi’s eyes went wide, his mouth dropping a little.

Chifuyu seemed to notice this and even looked surprised himself. “Sorry, that didn’t sound like me, did it?” He laughed uncomfortably. He slowly stood up, walking around the shop, passing by the shelves behind the counter. “She... died in my arms. She looked so weak and helpless, I...” He stopped at a certain point, staring at a very familiar plush toy.

Mr. Froppé...? Takemichi thought.

Chifuyu’s hand caressed the top of Mr. Froppé's head, gently feeling his fur as the toy sat on the shelf.

“I couldn’t do anything about it. Even though she was right in front of me.”

“Chifuyu...” Takemichi whispered, watching the somber expression on his friend’s face.

Ring!

The door opened as someone else stepped inside.

“Kazutora, can you―...” Chifuyu cut himself short. “Ah, that asshole’s probably slacking off somewhere again...” He turned to Takemichi with an apologetic look. “Sorry, customer first. But let’s talk after work, yeah?”

Takemichi was barely able to say anything before Chifuyu was already off tending to the customer.

───────────────

“Chifuyu, don’t you close at 8 pm? It’s 5:34 pm right now...” Takemichi said as soon as he reached the pet shop, just in time to see Chifuyu closing up the shop.

“I just have things to do.” Chifuyu let out a carefree laugh, locking the door.

“I don’t know. It just means less work for me!” Kazutora grinned cheekily at the side.

“Oi, bastard.” Chifuyu popped a vein at his lazy employee. “I still haven’t forgotten what you did. The least you could do is clean the place.”

“Come on, it’s so much work though!”

“Next time, I’ll hit your head with a broom until you get it.”

“Whoops~ Boss is angry! Time to run!”

“Hey, get back here!” Chifuyu screamed after him, which only incited an echo of laughter by Kazutora as he ran away.

As Chifuyu sighed, Takemichi couldn’t help but laugh at the sight.

“You’re laughing at my misery, huh, Takemitchy?” Chifuyu rolled his eyes, slightly peeved.

“Sorry, it’s just really something to see you get along with Kazutora-kun.” Takemichi stated, smiling. “I know I’ve said this, but it’s still unbelievable everyone’s so happy in this future.”

The smile on Chifuyu’s face faded as he looked down. “Everyone, huh...?”

Takemichi then realized. “Ah― Sorry, I didn’t mean...”

“Don’t worry about it.” He shook it off, walking to his bike nearby. “Get on.” He told him. “We’re going somewhere.”

“Uh... Okay...?”

───────────────

“A graveyard?”

Takemichi looked around, seeing rows of graves in front of him. “Chifuyu, are we...?” His words trailed off, knowing where this was going already.

Chifuyu only walked forward, moving past the numerous tombstones.

Takemichi could only follow in suit, watching his back as he did.

They soon reached and settled on a tombstone.

Your tombstone.

Gone, but not forgotten. Takemichi read the quote on it. As he did, he started to feel teary.

Chifuyu sat down, patting the spot beside him for Takemichi to sit.

They both stared at the tomb, pondering before Chifuyu spoke. “We had a fight.”

“Huh?” Takemichi turned to him. “You? And [Last Name]-san!?” It was a little hard to believe, since you both get along well.

Chifuyu looked a bit amused at his reaction, but didn’t comment. “She blamed herself, saying she shouldn’t have went with us to fight Tenjiku.”

“If I knew this would happen, then...”

Memories of that day popped in his head.

“She said she shouldn’t have met any of us. That all of this would have never happened if she hadn't met me.”

“Then... I shouldn’t have met you.”

Takemichi looked visibly surprised, freezing in place as he listened.

“I guess I can’t blame her...” Chifuyu lowered his head, chuckling. “Everything that happened was because I knew her before that meeting, and ended up dragging her into that mess.” He shut his eyes, his elbows propped on his knees as he sat cross-legged.

“But that’s not...” Takemichi wanted to say it wasn’t his fault. It was just how things went, and things couldn’t be changed.

“It was a mistake. Everything was a mistake. I’m so... stupid...!” You carelessly threw those words out, backing away from him. “If only I hadn’t went along with Takemichi-san’s delusions, I...!”

“No, that’s not what this is about... It’s all because... I thought I was strong, isn't it? That’s why I went alongside to fight Tenjiku in the first place...” Tears dripped down from your eyes. “Why do I act like I’m strong when I’m not? I should’ve stayed in my place...!”

“Delusions...?” Takemichi repeated.

“...She never believed you came from the future.” Chifuyu said.

“But...” Takemichi couldn’t complain. He knew there were bound to be someone who wouldn’t believe a tale like his.

“Ahh... So tired...”

You whined, your empty eyes gazing up.

Blood painted the ground in bright red. Your body felt confined to one spot, barely able to move. Even though your eyes were open, you felt your consciousness fading in and out.

“Chifuyu-san...”

Your hand cupped his cheek, wiping away at his tears with your thumb.

“Thank you...”

“Haha...” Chifuyu suddenly laughed. “You dumbass... Why did you thank me...?” As he recalled the memory, tears started to fill his eyes as well. “I don’t understand... I thought you would rely on me... What happened to that?”

He couldn’t continue as the words felt caught in his throat. The tears seemed endless as it fell to the ground, his sobs the only thing Takemichi could hear.

Takemichi chewed on his lip, trying to hold back the tears.

It went on like that for a while. Sobbing and weeping on the ground.

Perhaps Chifuyu thought it would have been better if you had really never met him. Otherwise, you wouldn’t have felt so much pain.

Neither of you knew what would happen. You didn’t think it would end up affecting your aunt, while he didn’t think he would end up caring so much for you.

It looked to be fate ― coincidence upon coincidence where you two meet in an unexpected place.

Maybe the universe had meant for this to happen.

Maybe the life you lived was meant to be cruel.

Maybe... just maybe... it really was supposed to be this way.

But even so, he didn’t regret meeting you.

The friendship you two shared were real. Even if you didn’t think so, even if you really did regret meeting him... The memories, his feelings... They were all real.

And for the second time, he was unable to save a friend.

Soon, the tears stopped and the two sat in silence.

“Heh... Sorry, Takemitchy. I didn’t think I’d be here crying.” Chifuyu wiped his face with his sleeve, standing up. “Well, we should go.” He turned his head over to the right, where the sun sets in a beautiful evening glow. “It’s getting dark.”

Takemichi stayed still, unmoving.

“...Takemitchy?”

“Chifuyu.” He spoke. “I’ll find a way.”

“Huh?”

“I’ll find a way to save [Last Name]-san.” He looked up at his friend, his eyes fiercely determined. “She died on the 24th, right? That’s a few days from now. I’ll save her. Definitely.”

“Takemitchy...” Chifuyu’s eyes went wide for a moment, before he returned to a blank expression. “It’s okay. You don’t have to anymore.”

Chifuyu... Takemichi shook his head mentally. No... I’ll do this. Admittedly, I never got to know her that much, but... she’s still my friend. I’ll do this... For us... For everyone.

A slow breeze blew by, ruffling their hair and clothes in the wind.

“Now, c’mon, get up.” Chifuyu extended his hand up for Takemichi. “We really gotta go.”

“Right.” Takemichi grabbed his hand. I’ll save her. You’ll see.

Takemichi opened his eyes, dazed for a second.

“Huh?”

He looked around, seeing that he’s in the comfort of his own bed.

This is my room... How did I get here?

No, it wasn’t just his room.

Realizing that, he scrambled to get his phone next to him, falling down the bed as he did.

“Huh!? It’s March 20th... 2006!?” He screamed. “I’m back in the past!?” Takemichi sat up, looking at his hand. “But if I’m in the past now... does that mean Chifuyu...?”

He clenched his fist, now determined as ever.

“That’s right. Naoto said today’s the day of that incident happened. I have to hurry!”

───────────────

“Tsk! Ah...” Chifuyu hissed, suddenly feeling a stinging pain in his hand.

“Huh? What’s wrong?” You asked on the phone, worried.

“Sorry, it’s nothing.” Chifuyu dismissed, shaking his head. “I just suddenly felt like my hand got shocked or something. Weird...”

You blinked, tilting your head to the side. “Maybe it has something to do with your phone? You know, technology and... stuff.”

“I mean, I’ve never been shocked by one, so I don’t know...” He trailed off, using his other hand to hold the phone to his ear. “Anyway, are you sure you don’t need me to accompany you? You're coming home late, right?”

“It’s okay. I don’t want to trouble you.” You nodded, your other hand holding a bag of groceries. “Auntie just wants me to buy some things after I got off.”

“Yeah, I was surprised when you asked me to leave early. If I knew you were only doing errands, I would’ve went with you.”

“I can do this on my own though.” You said.

“What if you run into someone dangerous? I heard it’s not safe for girls to go home at night alone.” Chifuyu later muttered to himself, “It’s only 6 pm right now, but...”

“I’ll be fine! I’ve memorised every escape route and made sure to walk on streets where I’m super familiar with!” You confidently beamed. “I used to get ambushed a lot by thugs, but now I know how to avoid them!”

“That just worries me even more, [Last Name]-chan!” Chifuyu inadvertently shouted, before sighing heavily. “Look, I’ll come meet you around your house, okay? I’m not accepting any excuses.”

“Huh? But I’m already at my house―...”

“...[Last Name]-chan?”

Thud!

He heard something fell.

“Huh? Hey, [Last Name]-chan?”

There was no response on the other end, and he was beginning to get a bad feeling.

He tried calling a few times, but there was still no reply.

He was already at his apartment door where he left, but knowing something might’ve happened prompted him to start running.

As he did, he could only hope nothing had happen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33K 1K 24
"you are going to be the death of me." I mumbled. "nope! It's going to be the death of us." he claimed. "that doesn't make any fucking sense." - Th...
31.9K 612 20
You're sad to leave home but your new life in Japan leads you to Baji and is full of fun and sex and partying. All characters are aged up to 18+...
3.8K 105 17
❝ 永遠の光 / 𝒆𝒊𝒆𝒏 𝒏𝒐 𝒉𝒊𝒌𝒂𝒓𝒊 ❞ ➸ CHIFUYU MATSUNO X FEMALE READER in which Matsuno Chifuyu brings light into the dark world of a certain girl...
232K 9.7K 60
y/n l/n and takashi mistuya , childhood friends . he's loved her forever . he'll wait forever . she's unsure what love really is . she'll search fore...