CharlieBabe: Walk on Flames

By ddemeris

Babe hates the day he finds his soulmate, but what if he meets him and realizes it's X-Hunter's ace, Charlie... More

CHAPTER 1: Collision
CHAPTER 2: Restraint
CHAPTER 3: Rejection
CHAPTER 4: Win
CHAPTER 5: Try
CHAPTER 6: Ghosting
CHAPTER 7: Accept
CHAPTER 8: Convince
CHAPTER 10: Kiss
CHAPTER 11: Soulmates
CHAPTER 12: Ride [R18+]
CHAPTER 13: Gloves
CHAPTER 14: Walk on Flames
CHAPTER 15: Gone
CHAPTER 16: Plan
CHAPTER 17: Brothers
CHAPTER 18: Hell

CHAPTER 9: PitBabe

2.1K 87 10
By ddemeris

The next day, Babe and Charlie agreed to meet on the tracks of X-Hunter base. At first, Babe didn't want that privilege but Charlie told him that he's going to rent it and they will not use the field for free.

And due to excitement, Babe had trouble sleeping last night that's why he woke up late. He's almost an hour late from their agreed time that he he basically flew out from the bed and prepared. He was rushing and multiple clattering of things were heard from his room. The moment he stepped out, Alan had a curious look on his face.

"Going somewhere?" Alan tilts his head and crossed his arms.

"None of your business," Babe barely said as he scurried towards the door.

"Hey!" Alan calls his attention but he only received a door being slammed on his face. He was about to scold him but the second he came out, Babe was already on his racing car and is speeding off.

Wait, racing car? Alan mentally wonders. Babe have never used the car since he got them so why now? Then it hit him.

He couldn't stop himself from gasping as he covers his mouth. "Wah! Charlie, that kid!"

As soon as Babe entered the tracks, he saw Charlie leaning on his own car, arms crossed over his chest. He cursed to himself when the enigma noticed his car and stood up properly. Babe went out and approached him with an apologetic look on his face.

"Uh, I'm sorry, I overslept," Babe started. He couldn't gaze straight at Charlie's eyes.

The other only smiled and followed where Babe's facing. "It's fine. I thought you changed your mind. I'm just glad you showed up," He says before grinning.

Babe searched for any bluff on his face but couldn't find  anything but genuineness that it made him sigh of relief. "I had a lot in mind last night. I'm sorry again–

"Yeah, forgiven! I know you're just excited to see me–

Babe rolls his eyes and acted to leave.

"To see me teach you! Babe, I'm just kidding!" Charlie whines and followed him.

Babe chuckles to himself and supresssed a smile. "I'm just going to the locker, I can't race in these, right?"

Charlie was dumbfounded. "Uh, you're right. Go ahead, take your time."

The alpha can only shake his head as he turned on his heel and left to change.

On the other hand, Charlie scratched his head when suddenly he was almost pushed to the ground.

"Kid! Wow... Was that Babe!?" Alan exclaimed in disbelief.

"Uh, yeah, he's just gonna change–

"Did he agree!? How the hell did you convince him!? And are you training him yourself!?" Alan shaked Charlie.

The enigma smiled proudly and answered, "Yep–

"You really have an effect on him, huh? Wow, I still can't believe it." Alan was wide eyed.

"Well, I did what you requested. What's my reward then?" Charlie teased.

"You get to spend time with him, duh?" Alan stated the obvious.

Charlie nodded, not minding that kind of reward. "You're right..."

And after talking for about 5 minutes, Alan left and went inside to have a meeting with the staff and later, with the team about the upcoming season. And a few moments later, Babe came back with the tracksuit and a helmet.

It's a spare one, not really the official one they used in the actual race but it'll do for now. Charlie smiled at Babe and the latter just nodded. They were both squinting their eyes as the sun basically are blinding their vision. Then Charlie and Babe wore their helmets.

"Shall we?" Charlie suggests and the other nods in agreement.

Then they both went to Babe's car.

"Okay, so before I teach you anything, let me show you first how it's done–

"Wait, you're gonna drive with me on the car!? No way–

"Relax, you're gonna be safe–

"No! I'm out of here–

"Do you not trust me?" Charlie asks lowly.

Hearing this, Babe halted. He can hear the sadness in Charlie's voice. "I didn't mean–

"But if it was Phi Way, you're okay with it–

"I didn't say that! Fuck! I'm... I'm just scared okay?" Babe face him and sighed.

"You have to trust me for me to be able to teach you. Do you trust me, Babe?" Charlie also looks at Babe in the eye.

"I wouldn't agree with all of this if I didn't, right?" Babe answers but Charlie kept staring still. Babe rolled his eyes.

"I trust you, Charlie," he says this time.

The enigma's face lit up and he couldn't hide his smile. "What I didn't hear you, say that again?"

Babe furrowed his brows in annoyance and clicks his tongue. "Just drive!"

"I won't start it if you don't say it again–

"Charlie!" Babe whined.

The enigma only laughed and gave up. "Alright! I'm sorry and... Thanks for trusting me, Babe."

The alpha just pursed his lips and nodded. Charlie told him to have his seatbelt on and he did. A few moments later after Charlie started the engine, the car sped off the tracks.

It was incredibly fast but nothing Babe couldn't handle it's just that, watching and actually being inside the car and on the pit is far different feeling and experience. It's exhilarating and scary at the same time.

Babe breathed deeply a few times trying to calm down his nerves and trying to process the speed when out of nowhere, Charlie suddenly started stepping on the gas before drifting without a warning.

The alpha was so surprised he cursed loudly and was hitting him on the arms. This caused Charlie to stop the car.

Babe was breathing heavily and was wide eyed. "Fuck! Really? Without telling me first? I could've died from heart attack, Charlie!"

"I'm sorry! I got carried away... Hey." Charlie calls and placed a hand on Babe's shoulder. When he didn't react violently, Charlie proceeded to put both his hands on either shoulder.

"You bastard..." Babe was furious and scared.

Charlie had his brows creased and had a failed expression on his face. "I'm sorry..." He tried again and slowly started to release his pheromones in an attempt to calm the alpha.

Babe on the other hand, was only glaring at Charlie. Again, looking at him with those puppy eyes. "You're gonna be the death of me. Fuck you..."

"I'm sorry..." Charlie apologizes again.

But that seems to be unheard from Babe. The latter inhaled deeply before snapping. He started scolding him and cursing at him. He went on and on about how dangerous it was especially for him since he's in the passenger and it's his first time doing something like this. Charlie just listened and leaned on the wheel, staring at him.

"Wow! I can't believe you, Charlie. Are you really just staring at me?" Babe was in disbelief.

"Mhm." Charlie nods while smiling.

Babe groans in frustration. "Ugh! That's it–

Charlie grabs his arm. "I'm sorry, Baby."

"Fuck you..." Babe weakly cursed.

However Charlie only grins at him. And for some unknown and annoying reason, it's only what it took for him to forgive the enigma. Once again, Babe mentally cursed at himself for giving in easily to Charlie's charms.

And after Babe finally calms down, Charlie started driving again. Then, he went on to the actual training. Surprisingly, Charlie was serious when it came to teaching Babe. He was strict and he didn't smile as often as Babe was used to. But it didn't bother him, it was just a new sight and side of Charlie.

Hours passed by quick and it was past noon already, they were both hungry and decided to wrap up for today. Charlie asked if he wants to eat together and again, surprisingly, Babe agreed and so, they left together on Charlie's car.

The bystanders—the curious members of X-Hunter—watched the both of them from the moment they stepped out of the tracks to the second Charlie's car drove off.

After a few minutes of driving, Charlie brought them to a small eatery. Babe was confused, he was thinking Charlie would go to a fancy one which he would've declined. But here they were, somewhere small and simple. As teey step inside, Charlie was greeted by an old lady. They seem close so Babe concluded that Charlie must come here a lot. They were offered seats and without even asking, they already knew what Charlie's orders were. He got the same as Charlie since he's not really that picky with food.

That was their routine for the whole week. Of course, Babe didn't get everything perfect the first time but Charlie was patient and encouraging so Babe tried his hardest. Unexpectedly, the team members nor even Alan didn't bother or teased them the whole time they were there. They're probably just busy with the audition and the upcoming season.

But slowly, Babe was learning and is almost mastering some tricks that Charlie taught him. Overtime, he was close to handling the wheel like a pro. Still not Charlie's level of course. The enigma was proud to say the least and amazed by how natural Babe is in the pit. If anything, he's talented and a natural. Charlie wasn't as good as this when he started racing also not to mention, he has to work at night. So, he's really in awe of Babe.

And fast forward to the night before the audition. Babe wanted to practice still. He was overthinking and clearly nervous.

The second he stepped out the car after his round, Charlie approached him. "Hey, that's enough. You'll exhaust yourself. You need energy for tomorrow–

"I can't. It's still not good enough. I still have errors and–

"Babe," Charlie cauts him off. "You're doing good. And besides, you only had a week to practice and in my professional opinion, you're performance is already excellent for a beginner. So, loosen up. Relax."

"You really think so? You're not just bullshiting me cause I'm your soulmate, right–

"I'm not. I don't joke things about racing. I'm passionate about it and even if you are my soulmate, if you suck, I'm not going to sugarcoat my words." Charlie reassures.

Babe couldn't help but scoff at his remarks. "Fine. I believe you. You're Charlie, King of the Void, of course you know how to judge a racer."

Babe breathed as igh of relief. He didn't know that such simple words could calm him down. He walked towards Charlie and also leaned on the car beisde him.

Silence enveloped them for a short while before Charlie breaks it.

"PitBabe," Charlie says out of the blue.

Babe furrowed his brows, confused. "What?"

"Nothing. It's just that you're a natural at the pit. Seems like it's your second name. Well, first but anyway, just PitBabe," Charlie poorly explains.

Babe nodded and smiled at the lowkey compliment. "PitBabe. It's nice."

"You like it?" Charlie asks excitedly.

The alpha nods again. "Yeah. Should I use it? Like a stage name or something?" he jokes.

"You should! It's cool to have stage name!" Charlie encourages.

Babe chuckles a bit. "I'll use it tomorrow then–

"Really!?" Charlie was pleased.

"Mhm. Anyway, tomorrow..." Babbe trails off.

"You'll do good, trust me... I can see now what Uncle was talking about... You do have a potential... Believe in it... And believe in yourself... I'm rooting for you," Charlie genuinely states.

"I'll... I'll try... Wish me luck," Babe said.

Charlie smiled. "Good luck for tomorrow, Babe. Or should I say, PitBabe?"

Babe can't stop himself from chuckling. "You're really proud of yourself, huh?

"I am. PitBabe–

"Cocky. You know what, I'm not using it–

"Ai, Baby..." Charlie whines as he followed Babe's retreating back.

"Bye!" Babe yells as he ran towards the car whilst being followed by a whining enigma. He got inside the car and drove off while laughing and waving his hands out the window.

He saw Charlie pouting on the side mirror. He was smiling to himself and has actually become confident for tomorrow.

PitBabe, huh?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.4K 1.2K 18
Rain has followed Phayu around since they were children but the alpha only seems to want to treat Rain as a little brother. Babe cares for Charlie bu...
45K 1.6K 19
This is an AU Fanfiction of my lovely, most favorite and cutest BL couple PoohPavel. The setting of the story is in an Omegaverse world, the same as...
47K 410 22
Charlie wants to be a racecar driver but he doesn't have a racecar of his own. The only solution he comes up with is to make a bizarre agreement with...
55.7K 1.9K 40
what if both the racing world collides?? pitbabe&charlie meet payu& rain??? omegaverse world meets normal human world??? what if rain being a curious...