I'm Just A Chuunibyou: Why ar...

By Aiyuun

Yukiya Saito, is a 16 year old Chuunibyou who's starting his new journey in life called "High School". He ha... More

Chapter 0: If there are multiple destinies, who will you choose?
Chapter 1: A new Beginning
Chapter 2: Hokkyokusei High School
Chapter 3: More than three months passed
Chapter 4: Not a "shadow hero"?
Chapter 5: Haircut
Chapter 6: Training partners
Chapter 7: Unwanted attention
Chapter 8: Even if he's scared?
Chapter 9: [Operation: Blending in with the crowds.]
Chapter 10: Just your perfectly normal student.
Chapter 11: It's just the student council president.
Chapter 12: She's just part of the good guys.
Chapter 13: I caught you.
Chapter 14: A shadow hero who doesn't sweat.
Chapter 15: Surprise test.
Chapter 15.5: Did you have a fun day?
Chapter 16: She's just a "shoujo heroine"
Chapter 17: I'm just an "assassin"
Chapter 18: It's just a "kabedon" from a deliquent?
Chapter 19: A generic student character.
Chapter 20: We're not so different?
Chapter 21: Just exchanging notes.
Chapter 22: It's just the "lucky pervert" scene.
Chapter 23: A side character's plan on becoming popular.
Chapter 24: It's just a sinister plan to crush the chuunibyou.
Chapter 25: Dominating the match.
Chapter 26: Turning the tides.
Chapter 27: "Consecutive Pseudo Vanishing Drive"
Chapter 28: Just a Chuuni's words of assurance.
Chapter 29: "I'll never trust you again?"
Chapter 30: A pessimistic shoujo heroine and a Chuuni's words of assurance.
Chapter 31: Just seemed cold but is actually caring.
Chapter 32: He really is just acting cold but is actually caring.
Chapter 33: The end of Mocha's first day upon transferring.
Chapter 34: Just picking up being the "perfect" side character.
Chapter 35: A letter of challenge, a declaration to change.
Chapter 36: "Just watch me"
Chapter 37: Eating inside the classroom this time around.
Chapter 37.2: Adoption
Chapter 38: A shadow hero should be protected too?
Chapter 39: "Background Character Mode"
Chapter 40: A silent hero's tragedy.
Chapter 41: A shadow hero's sacrifice.
Chapter 42: The "revelation scene"
Chapter 44: Just a mysterious character entrance.
Chapter 45: A sudden duel.
Chapter 46: A wall that must be conquered, a battle for supremacy.
Chapter 47: A dance of "chaotic harmony".
Chapter 47.2: Skill: [Pefect Body Coordination]
Chapter 48: Pure Talent vs Absolute Effort
Chapter 49: One with the mist and gone. A mysterious character exit.
Chapter 50: A storm is approaching. (Vol.1 [End])
Volume 1 Afterwords

Chapter 43: "Do you seek power?"

66 2 0
By Aiyuun

With all of her resolve, Mocha-san entered the secluded classroom.

She slammed the door open and proceeded to walk inside in a very awkward, stiff and robot like manner.

As Mocha-san stepped in the room, it was quite. Scanning the room, she felt as though she had just stepped into another world, as though there she and she alone existed inside this space.

It's quite, calming? It was dim but not to the point you couldn't see, the gentle breeze that blew on the curtains making them flutter, the light leaking through the dusty windows yet you could see the clear blue sky outside. Overall, this place has an aesthetic calming enough to put one's mind at ease.

All of a sudden, Mocha-san felt someone's presence, lurking in the other side of the room shaded in the shadow.

She noticed lots of desks, chairs, and other furniture put together, stacked together forming this stair-like structure.

At the top of the stack of desks rest a sofa. There, Mocha-san saw a familiar face, leisurely resting, sitting with his legs crossed in a very arrogant and tyrannical manner.

As he gazed down upon her, she felt a sudden pressure, and the atmosphere suddenly changed as her eyes met with mine.

Just from me simply looking down at her with this intimidating glare, Mocha-san found herself frozen in place as

'Wh-What’s with this sudden change of atmosphere!?'

Mocha-san thought as she felt the intimidating pressure coming from my gaze, feeling as though multiple red flags were triggered just now.

I then finally broke the silence and spoke.

In a deep and intimidating monotone voice. I said,

“So tell me, girl named Mocha Tsukiyo. What is it that you seek?”

With that, I finally delivered the first line of my revelation scene dialogue that I was ever so anticipating giving.

If you are wondering what kind of event I was trying to set up right now, it was the “revelation scene”.

What you thought was a regular classmate was actually someone manipulating things behind the scenes while hiding his true power.

'Kukuku. Now, how will she respond?'

However, in disregard to what I said. In a state of panic and intimidation, Mocha-san spoke in a very nervous tone.

"Thi-This is a misunderstanding. I, I wasn't i-intentionally following you or anything!"

She replied almost instantly, bowing her head apologetically while stuttering in her words from total nervousness.

It was the excuse she repeatedly memorized in her head before entering the abandoned classroom. Due to nervousness she replied it impulsively.

'Wait, he didn't mention anything about why I was following him… He was only questioning what am I doing here?'

'If I'm defending myself too hard like this, wouldn't I just look totally suspicious of stalking him?!'

Mocha-san was too focused on trying to make an excuse that she didn't have the time to comprehend the question I gave her.

Another thing that she realized was.

'Wait a minute! …This sudden change of atmosphere, and the full 180 degree shift in personality as soon as we got to somewhere private. Couldn't this be ...the "hidden personality" revelation scene!?'

Hidden personality male leads are quite popular in shoujo manga. The female lead accidentally discovers a hidden side of the seemingly perfect male lead, the male lead then have to silence the girl in order for his secret to not get out. A perfect mixture for a world of chaos.

'Is that it? Is that what's happening right now?!'

Mocha-san assumed in her own shoujo manga delusions.

I then sighed in an unamused way.

“Huh. To think you’re this incompetent enough to not see what going on in front of you." [Just wanted to day that.]

“Eh? ...W, what do you mean?”

She cautiously inquired with a hint of nervousness to her voice.

I then grinned ominously and answered,

“Haven’t you realized yet. I led you here, and you fell for it. The only reason you managed to follow me this far was because I let you too.” [Just wanted to say that.]

I said in a monotonous voice, keeping in character to my ominous shadow hero role play.

'W, What does he mean he led me here...?'

She suddenly recalled the 10,000 yen I gave away earlier before coming here.

“Ah-!”

'Does that mean the 10,000 yen from earlier was so he could grab my full curiosity?!' [Nope]

Seeing her seeming figuring something out expression, I followed up with.

“Oh, did you finally manage to figure out what's happening right now?”

I said, still in character in monotone voice.

"Y, you planned all this, didn't you?"

Mocha-san asked, becoming more cautious by the second. While I was there thinking,

'She's going along with it!'

I was surprised. It's quite rare for someone to actually go along with my roleplay, so I was thrilled.

I then replied with a smirk,

"Hm. Who knows..."

I intentionally replied in a vague way but still hinting towards the answer. Though I'm not really sure what she's asking.

Mocha-san, still processing her thoughts with this revelation scene.

'If I’m not wrong, the next thing that should happen would be him trying to silence me.'

"T-Then, why did you lead me here?"

She cautiously asked another curious question while putting up a brave front.

Normally Mocha-san wouldn’t even try pressing further than she needed to, however, this time she felt this situation was too good to pass, so she continued on progressing the plot curious to see where this leads to.

However, it was a decision she would soon regret.

Right then and there, I stood up and slowly started to descend from my improvised throne-like structure.

'Now behold. My dramatic walk down.'

With every footstep, the more cautious Mocha-san became, stepping back bit by bit as I walked towards her.

Seeing her back away, I was thinking how well she was acting. She genuinely looked cautious of me with ever footstep I make.

Before Mocha-san knew it, she found herself already backed to a wall while I just kept on advancing.

Now face to face with Mocha-san, I slammed my hand pinning her against the wall. This time, with a twist.

How do you like this “Two handed wall slam!"

Hieee!

Mocha-san was surprised as I suddenly performed a “Kabedon” in this situation.

The first time around, I only used one hand in my attempt to intimidate her. I assume my power was halved after taking off the phantom attire, so I used two this time to compensate for the missing power.

Seeing Mocha-san’s shocked expression, it seemed like it was really effective.

I then leaned closer to her ear and whispered.

“You know too much.”

[Just wanted to say that.]

'Uwah, I always wanted to say that line.'

Mocha-san stood there with a grim expression, thinking.

'I was right! He’s actually trying to silence me!!'

Mocha-san panicked as the situation seemed to turn to somewhere dangerous.

No matter how she likes shoujo manga like events, the fact that we only just met yesterday still stands. A boy suddenly pinning her against the wall still seemed really dangerous.

“You already saw my true nature. Now I have to put you in your place."

'W, what is he planning to do? Is he going to try executing me socially!? Bullying? Even worse!?'

"S-Stay back o, or else I-I'll scream!"

She said with a weaken and nervous voice.

She was too nervous to even speak at how crazy this situation looked.

'Wow, she’s really getting into her role. I better respond to her efforts.'

"Oho. I know you wouldn't do that. Or should I say, you couldn’t."

"W, what makes you so sure I won’t."

'Can't nobody hear me from here!?'

I then replied with a sinister grin on my face.

"It's because you are weak."

'W, what does he mean?'

“Aren’t you ashamed of staying the way as you are now? Relying on others’ kindness, incapable of doing things on your own."

I then look her straight in the eyes,

"You're nothing but a lowly parasite."

I didn't know how close it hit Mocha-san at the time. I was just spouting random bullshit that comes to mind to fit the narrative.

I was talking about her battle strength, but Mocha-san's interpretation of what I was saying was me taking a shot at her insecurities.

“I, I am..."

She agreed to my claims with a discouraged tone.

I then let go of the wall and slowly backed off, walking away ascending back to my improvised throne.

Returning to my leisurely arrogant pose, I then asked Mocha-san.

"Tell me, what is your purpose?"

"W, what do you mean..."

Mocha-san inquired, with a seemingly broken spirit.

"Why did you transfer to our school?"

"..."

I inquired to Mocha-san, but she only stood there in silence. Maybe she can't think of a line?

"Do you want to live?"

'Live...'

Mocha-san's eyes finally looked up. With a desperate look in her eyes, she cautiously said,

"Y, yes..."

"Then become stronger, strong enough survive in this unforgiving world."

"B, but how!?"

She desperately asked me for the answer, how will she be able to become strong enough to face people and conquer her social anxiety.

"Do you seek power? I can give you power."

I proposed to her to accept the power of the shadows.

'What does he mean, power?'

Suddenly, something I said earlier flashed in her mind. “Watch me”

"W, why do you want to help me?"

She cautiously asked with desperation in her voice.

"Hm? Do you need a reason to help a person who wants to change?"

Mocha-san's eyes widen, as she suddenly thinks back to our conversation yesterday at the infirmary: "Actually, I was trying to change" "I want to blend in with everyone" "Do you think I could make it(make friends)" "H... how can you do that?" which I replied with "Practice I guess" and earlier I told to "Watch me".

'I see... So this was his true intentions from the start.

“So. What is your decision?”

I inquired, asking for final confirmation whether or not to take this power I offered her or not.

*Gulp*

'I feel like if I don’t take this hand in front of me now, my fate might never get to change.'

Mocha-san then put on a determined expression and spoke,

“I accept.”

Mocha-san accepted my offer, with the assumption of I will teach her how to act in front of people.

I just grinned and stared at her thinking, 'I knew it. This transfer student really does like roleplaying.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 7.3K 38
{FINISHED} Y/n is invisible. Yes, she is solid and physically there. For her whole life, she's been the quiet girl in the shadows. She has to distan...
5.9K 223 24
~Todoroki X OC~ Todoroki doesn't have friends. His father makes sure he has no time for them, and he doesn't need anybody. But when a two-toned girl...
11.1K 391 33
THIS IS PART 2 OF MY SAIKI AND TERUHASHI FANFICTION LINK TO PART 1 https://www.wattpad.com/story/322005886?utm_source=android&utm_medium=whatsapp&utm...
5.3K 166 29
Amelia Tano got a strange call at 3 am by the principal of UA, Nezu! Strangely enough he offers her a job in Japan to be a teaching assistant to a ce...